PDA

View Full Version : Hulker Hell Leaderboard ?

Johnny Stranger
11-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Ok , i've been in too many where people are tackling 7-10 hulks at the same time ...Am I misunderstanding that if we defeat enough we ALL get rewards ? what does the top leaderboard get ? bragging rights ? so confused why so many people are chasing so many different ones unless they are trying to get to top of leaderboard.... is there special reward for this ?

if I see this again and I don't need any blue mods, I'm taking my guns elsewhere.. complete waste of time when no one works together....:(

TriGlav 2000
11-05-2014, 09:28 AM
The higher you score is, the more keycodes and arkforge you get. You can open more lockboxes with keycodes and upgrade more weapons with arkforge. But I have never seen this many hulkers running around on live, few times there were max 5 but the event was completed succesfully, one time with only 14 seconds left.

Lubber
11-05-2014, 09:29 AM
People are just dumb. Deal with it.

It is the same as why no random group can't kill WM or why people time after time start sieges while been single person in the zone.

When I see four hulkers walking around with half health bar on each it is obvious, that this event would fail. At least now I know that there are two of us.

The only way to complete the event is to take hulkers one by one: they could not hurt anyone by running around at the same time, you get points for teamwork, you kill more and loot more. But you can't teach everyone to act right.

Johnny Stranger
11-05-2014, 10:11 AM
thanks, ive been on top several times but just figured everyone has a chance at an orange if the hulk is a success... been to the wm with 5 people .... TWICE !!!! what a joke ... cost me more script to exit/return when down than I made lol....

crasher
11-05-2014, 10:37 AM
People are just dumb. Deal with it.

It is the same as why no random group can't kill WM or why people time after time start sieges while been single person in the zone.

When I see four hulkers walking around with half health bar on each it is obvious, that this event would fail. At least now I know that there are two of us.

The only way to complete the event is to take hulkers one by one: they could not hurt anyone by running around at the same time, you get points for teamwork, you kill more and loot more. But you can't teach everyone to act right.
I just assume that half the time a hulker will run out of range so the local zerg just starts shooting at the next closest one.
Obviously this is mostly/only true when you have several hulkers running around at the same time. They all look alike, and don't have much of a noticeable health bar decrease to differentiate them until it starts to really stack up, so most players probably don't care.

Another point is that lots of people also spend time putting a couple rounds into a hulker to ensure loot from that one, then go find another to ensure loot from that one too, etc. Tag, and move to the next one.

Johnny Stranger
11-05-2014, 10:51 AM
I always hit them once !! LOL !! can't help it when 4 of them are colliding with each other... don't get me wrong, I have been with multiple players working on one and the sob takes off and collides with like 4-5 others and than it takes you 10-20 seconds to locate the monster !!! it can get confusing REAL FAST LOL !!! I actually just joined one l8 b4 server down (thnx to who chatted about it ) we downed 3 after I got there and got rewards, I got a purp blaster and stitched pump (finished somewhere in the 20's on leaderboard so you don't have to b on top for good stuff )... this crew was rocking !!!!
\
the only thing I see is several groups of 4 players or so which if we put all that fp on one we would never lose...imo of course lol....

thedude23320
11-05-2014, 11:04 AM
If we could have all the bmg spammers not be involved with the hulker hells, that'd be great.

ironcladtrash
11-05-2014, 11:11 AM
I just assume that half the time a hulker will run out of range so the local zerg just starts shooting at the next closest one.
Obviously this is mostly/only true when you have several hulkers running around at the same time. They all look alike, and don't have much of a noticeable health bar decrease to differentiate them until it starts to really stack up, so most players probably don't care.

Another point is that lots of people also spend time putting a couple rounds into a hulker to ensure loot from that one, then go find another to ensure loot from that one too, etc. Tag, and move to the next one.

This describes me. I just shoot whatever one is closest espcially if I am in a damage spike. I havent had one fail yet so I might change tactics if it ever did.

Genuine
11-05-2014, 11:35 AM
The scoreboard reward is broken. I ever make it to top 2 but get only blue weapon but my clan mate at #21 get a epic weapon.
So, now I just stay outside the bmg range and shoot whatever in my sight.
I don't care about keycode because you can get it anywhere. Basically ppl came here for unique weapon

TriGlav 2000
11-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Scoring doesn't matter when it comes to RNG in Hulker events, I've got OJ and purple mod for 5 bullets I shot at last hulker. This is also the best arkforge and keycode farm event atm.

Lubber
11-05-2014, 03:43 PM
...They all look alike, and don't have much of a noticeable health bar decrease to differentiate them until it starts to really stack up, so most players probably don't care...

And this is the point.:D

I have a rather bad sight actually, but I can differ full health bar with 5 armor shields from the one that is not full and have no shields. Should I think other is worse than me?

Agree, that tactics does not matter if you are in a rush hour with a team of clanmates and couple dozens random gunners. You just zerg hulkers than. But if there are less than 20 people in event, you better use some tactics to get rewards.

Atticus Batman
11-05-2014, 10:50 PM
The scoreboard reward is broken. I ever make it to top 2 but get only blue weapon but my clan mate at #21 get a epic weapon.
So, now I just stay outside the bmg range and shoot whatever in my sight.
I don't care about keycode because you can get it anywhere. Basically ppl came here for unique weapon

Your score has NOTHING to do with your gear reward in most cases. We all get gear rewards from the same tier box in most events. In Volge sieges/incursions you need like 20k in score for the best reward lockbox, in Afflicted sieges/incursions you need like 25k (and that is the only time score matters for gear rewards).

The only thing score affects is how much af and keys (and maybe scrip) that you get. So the only real reason to be number one is to have the right to say that you can make it to number 1.

crazyged
11-05-2014, 10:59 PM
The guys on PC-EU are proficient hulker killers - I haven't been in one where it got close to the line...

The rewards (weapon-wise) are impartial though, no matter what your placing.

Picked up some excellent purples and OJs when i haven't even hit the top 20 and some paltry blues when I placed 4th - go figure!