PDA

View Full Version : Sniper Rifle question

Genuine
11-06-2014, 04:00 PM
I am still not sure how the crit mult work for sniper rifle.
does the number affect only head shot or body shot as well?
does this number affect the crit hit proc?

Dixie Cougar
11-06-2014, 05:48 PM
I am still not sure how the crit mult work for sniper rifle.
does the number affect only head shot or body shot as well?
does this number affect the crit hit proc?

1. Heads only, unless the mob's crit location is in another spot (scrappers, hellbugs, etc). Intentional bodyshotting is generally something to avoid unless threat (or the mob's health) is very low.
2. Do you mean chance to crit? There isn't one, you have to shoot the crit spot. Once you do, the chance to crit is 100% (insert usual caveats about lag, hit detection, etc). You never get crits from bodyshots.

Xaat Xuun
11-06-2014, 06:42 PM
speaking of crit locations on some mobs . . where is it on the Trembler ?

Dixie Cougar
11-06-2014, 06:52 PM
speaking of crit locations on some mobs . . where is it on the Trembler ?

The flesh colored pustule things. Easier to just crit him with explosives.

Xaat Xuun
11-06-2014, 07:25 PM
that's what I thought, but I have hit those locations and never see a crit, which lead me to believe they may not have one, then there were the moments where I was using like a SMG, and see a crit pop up, so I know they have a crit, just not where exactly.

I'll look again taking care to what/where I'm aiming, I was looking at a couple screen shots, and noticed there may be a spot on their waist, which may be why I see crits from a full auto fast firing weapon, where I'm more likely just aiming at them, then actually targeting specifics, and just happen to hit that spot.

Dixie Cougar
11-06-2014, 08:02 PM
that's what I thought, but I have hit those locations and never see a crit, which lead me to believe they may not have one, then there were the moments where I was using like a SMG, and see a crit pop up, so I know they have a crit, just not where exactly.

I'll look again taking care to what/where I'm aiming, I was looking at a couple screen shots, and noticed there may be a spot on their waist, which may be why I see crits from a full auto fast firing weapon, where I'm more likely just aiming at them, then actually targeting specifics, and just happen to hit that spot.

The zombie stumbling gait combined with the small size of the crit spot makes it really tough. Crimefighter tears through them though, seems like any part of the radius touching the crit spot trigger crit damage just as with dets.

Xaat Xuun
11-07-2014, 03:08 AM
The zombie stumbling gait combined with the small size of the crit spot makes it really tough. Crimefighter tears through them though, seems like any part of the radius touching the crit spot trigger crit damage just as with dets.

it is the growth on the right side waist . . every hit I landed there was a crit

crazyged
11-07-2014, 03:24 AM
it is the growth on the right side waist . . every hit I landed there was a crit

Well that answers that!

I always wondered where the hell their crit spot was!

Now, I am one with the universe...

PiccolaRivolta
11-07-2014, 06:53 AM

though some enemies like mutants and flailers (male afflicted units) can't be crit with explosives for some reason