PDA

View Full Version : Hulker Hell Rewards?

Yun
11-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Did they change the rewards for the major Arkfalls for Hulker Hell? Reason I ask is I took part in 2 today and the only thing that I was awarded was a random chest not the usual hellfire weapon or mod.

I'm on 360 by the way.

Rashere
11-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Did they change the rewards for the major Arkfalls for Hulker Hell? Reason I ask is I took part in 2 today and the only thing that I was awarded was a random chest not the usual hellfire weapon or mod.

I'm on 360 by the way.

Didn't change the rewards, but we did change how the rewards were given out in order to ensure they go to claims if your inventory is full. That's why you're seeing a random gear chest instead of the actual loot now on the summary screen, but that chest automatically gets consumed and the actual items put in your inventory or claims.

Rashere

Bentu
11-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Didn't change the rewards, but we did change how the rewards were given out in order to ensure they go to claims if your inventory is full. That's why you're seeing a random gear chest instead of the actual loot now on the summary screen, but that chest automatically gets consumed and the actual items put in your inventory or claims.

Rashere

Can I ask how the reward tier is worked out, I have done absolutely loads of these events majors and minors and I find the rewards somewhat wanting.
I think I've had 3 epics/purple weapons and numerous ones of lower rarity and not even a snif of an oj or outfit/headgear.

Edit. Don't get me wrong though, the events themselves are terrific.

Altras
11-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Can I ask how the reward tier is worked out

From the tier of box you can get, and the scoring, I'd imagine its very similar to siege rewarding, only less greens xD

twiztad
11-07-2014, 09:17 PM
I was told its luck like rolling a die from a gm in help desk. But my question is how many sided is the die.... cause I never get legendary either and I see some that get them constantly

Bentu
11-07-2014, 09:48 PM
From the tier of box you can get, and the scoring, I'd imagine its very similar to siege rewarding, only less greens xD

It's nowhere near the same reward as a siege, At sieges or incursions I'm more or less guaranteed an epic of some kind with the chance of an oj. When you take into account the amount of time I play (10+ hours a day] I get a very good idea if the drop rates in this game.

If for instance I only played a couple of hours a day or less and I only got blues as a top tier reward you could put it down to the randomness of the rng. But when you play 10+ hours a day and all you get the majority of the time are blues you know that the rewards are skewed in the houses favour and as this is a holiday event you'd think or hope that the odds would be in your favour some of the time.

Yun
11-08-2014, 06:31 AM
My luck is the 4th major I did on Day 2 I got an OJ Blackend Hellfire Assault Rifle (not the named variant) and the one I did immediately after I got the Happy Pumpkin. So my luck quota was used up in that instance I believe. I've been trying for the named Assault Rifle or Blaster with no luck.

J8 Sky
11-08-2014, 09:18 AM
Can I ask how the reward tier is worked out, I have done absolutely loads of these events majors and minors and I find the rewards somewhat wanting.
I think I've had 3 epics/purple weapons and numerous ones of lower rarity and not even a snif of an oj or outfit/headgear.

Edit. Don't get me wrong though, the events themselves are terrific.

you can't get outfits from the HH Major, they are only from boxes in bit store.
I do have to agree with the "not even a snif of an oj". but i have seen player screen shots that had OJ rewards just by killing the last few Hulkers, so i guess our RNG just suck.

TriGlav 2000
11-08-2014, 11:29 AM
I do have to agree with the "not even a snif of an oj". but i have seen player screen shots that had OJ rewards just by killing the last few Hulkers, so i guess our RNG just suck.
You mean like this.

And the rolls on this gun are imho pretty terrible, mag, 2x accuracy, grenade on kill, fire rate and reload mastery :( No recoil rolls.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-_302-aZJZlU/VF5gWGPVK-I/AAAAAAAABFY/opuGwi9vKao/w800-h600-no/Oj%2Bblackened%2Bar.bmp

PTR47
11-08-2014, 12:10 PM
And the rolls on this gun are imho pretty terrible, mag, 2x accuracy, grenade on kill, fire rate and reload mastery :( No recoil rolls.

It's interesting. I thought the BHF guns were supposed to have random rolls, but I got a second Legendary SAW yesterday and only the second roll was different. First was:
Reload
Fire Rate
Reload
[something]
Damage
+Damage from Behind

second was
Reload
Accuracy
Reload
[something]
Damage
+Damage from Behind

The double reload is very nice on it. Brings the reload down to 2.7 which is manageable so far as SAWs go.

Tex_Arcana
11-08-2014, 12:43 PM
I received an OJ AR today: (White)Reload, (OJ)Mag, (Green and Blue)Recoil and the Purple was grenade after kill.
My Purple one has such better rolls that I will scrap the OJ: The Purple has Reload in the Purple slot, with (White) Recoil, (Green) Damage and (Blue) Crit.
Now the Devil's Advocate I received is another thing...It makes me smile.
I've had reasonable luck: Both Pumpkin Heads, and 2 OJ's feels pretty good to me. And I don't play as much as some.
I am also loving the Arkforge farming that the HH's provide.

Midnight
11-08-2014, 01:14 PM
I did not get a single OJ from the start until yesterday. Then in two majors in a row got The Devil's Advocate and a double damage OJ Hellfire Fragger. All you can do is keep on rolling and hope the luck eventually breaks your way. I have managed to get some decent purples though, which I will eventually upgrade after the event is over and my chances of getting a better orange are gone.

Marshal Law
11-08-2014, 01:56 PM
Having 2 kills (afk ?) in HH major and getting OJ does not make me feel too well. Countless times I have placed in top 3 only to get blues. The drops and scoring on HH Major is totally whacked for my liking.:confused:

Dixie Cougar
11-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Having 2 kills (afk ?) in HH major and getting OJ does not make me feel too well. Countless times I have placed in top 3 only to get blues. The drops and scoring on HH Major is totally whacked for my liking.:confused:

Agreed, it's weird knowing you get a roll at an oj just for showing up if the hulkers die. That's why people use crappy weapons, they're expecting others to kill off the hulkers and carry them to victory while they score farm/level ego.

NullWolf
11-08-2014, 02:08 PM
I've gotten exactly 2 ojs from the major hulker events and both times I had to be in first place.

Even then I can still count a half a dozen times I've been in first and got nothing more than a bit of blue items

That oj tachmag I got though was definitely worth the trouble, multiple damage and crit rolls

TriGlav 2000
11-08-2014, 02:40 PM
I received an OJ AR today: (White)Reload, (OJ)Mag, (Green and Blue)Recoil and the Purple was grenade after kill.
My Purple one has such better rolls that I will scrap the OJ: The Purple has Reload in the Purple slot, with (White) Recoil, (Green) Damage and (Blue) Crit.
My purple AR has also better rolls than OJ, reload, accuracy, recoil, ego on reload and recoil mastery. And don't mentioning my purple SAW, accuracy, 2x recoil and stowed clip on kill with recoil mastery (good roll since prepardness will get a nerf) and t4 recoil stock, bloom is 0.06.

HighTech
11-08-2014, 02:57 PM
Agreed, it's weird knowing you get a roll at an oj just for showing up if the hulkers die. That's why people use crappy weapons, they're expecting others to kill off the hulkers and carry them to victory while they score farm/level ego.

It's funny when I cannot carry players and we lose anyway, 6 snipers on a ridge today not many people with decent weapons, I got focused by 4 Hulkers at a time and we lost. I had to laugh that they thought it was going to work, next time that happens I am just going to teleport out and let them deal with it.

NullWolf
11-08-2014, 03:14 PM
I've learned it helps when a few players start dishing out orders on the chat.

everyone focus on one Hulker, stop BMG spamming, lay down spikes, use weapons with fire, throw your grenades liberally, sludge rockets slow down running hulkers, etc.

HighTech
11-08-2014, 03:21 PM
I've learned it helps when a few players start dishing out orders on the chat.

everyone focus on one Hulker, stop BMG spamming, lay down spikes, use weapons with fire, throw your grenades liberally, sludge rockets slow down running hulkers, etc.

It does help when people focus one Hulker, one less problem downing people if you have the dps for it, yet if your highest dps is running around with four Hulkers focus those they go down faster. The way you know who your highest damage dealer is, is the one getting focused down the hardest in Hulker Hells at the very least they are the most affective. I had someone yesterday tell people to use "boom" weapons, I disagreed since I was melting one Hulk by myself with an ar and fully auto shotgun. I had preparedness so I was switching back and forth rapidly. Yeah we lost that one, people need to consider ammo and dps not just damage.

TriGlav 2000
11-08-2014, 03:44 PM
One question, did anybody got a T4 Power Bore yet, because i haven't seen a single one dropping?

Dixie Cougar
11-08-2014, 04:13 PM
One question, did anybody got a T4 Power Bore yet, because i haven't seen a single one dropping?

I have seen a few but it takes luck. I've received about twice as many ionic barrels (which is fine with me due to the synergy)

Egonieser
11-08-2014, 04:21 PM
I got 1 OJ saw with decent rolls, several epic SMG/Sniper and shotguns. Countless epic mods though. Oh yeah and 2 pumpkin masks. Not exactly the best loot considering i mostly score in top 3 and try not to miss a single arkfall, but at least it's something... Doubt i will get any of the named weapons. In all of our massive clan, only 1 person has gotten it, so i have no chance...

NullWolf
11-08-2014, 08:54 PM
I've gotten a couple of T4 power bores actually.
Them and T4 shotgun mods seem to drop like candy for me but T4 pistol mods have been a total no show.

Bentu
11-08-2014, 09:06 PM

Oh duh, that would explain why lol.

I've been playing with my 2 main characters on the NA/EU servers and got nothing to write home about.
But today I played with one of my lower level toons on the NA server and got a oj werewolf at the first Hulker major i went to.

Graywolfe
11-10-2014, 08:03 AM
Well i just started this game and have been to a total of 3 arkfalls with my 2 characters. One has got nothing interesting so far the other got a Blackend Hellfire frontier SAW which was pretty cool, except it was my sniper that got it not the one that uses a SAW. Then i got a purple mod for LMG, not sure how that works. First came in a green box second in a purple box. It was all really fun but i did not see any Hulkers at all but if they are worse than the Revanants that showed up i am not sure i really want to take one on.

Tex_Arcana
11-10-2014, 08:32 AM
Tally so far:
Purple SAW, OJ and Purple AR (The Purple has better rolls on it so I'm using that), Purple SMG.
Only 5 Purple Weapon Mods (3 for the automatics, 1 for Shotgun, and one for Sniper).
Both Pumpkin Heads.
Arkforge, Arkforge, Arkforge! Lots and lots!
And a Devil's Advocate. With very nice rolls.
http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxpafdfEZ31rn95k2o1_250.gif

Xaat Xuun
11-10-2014, 10:58 AM
I get a lot of common and uncommon, few rares, and only a couple epics. never seen a Legendary.
I kept and use some of the epics, nothing to brag about, nor to whine or complain about, they're good not great.
2 items I never planned on using I have had dropped the most, and that's pistols and shotgun + mods that go with 'em, also the only epic mods I have seen were for those. I'll hand those over to my alt on the free account .
still after stock(s) for the sniper, may end up vending the snipers if I can't get my hands on a stock mod so I can have lifesteal bonus

Genuine
11-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Hulker Hell reward is random, it is not tie to your score. I get all the oj when I came in late and don,t even make to top 20.
I get all kind of blu crap if I make to top 5 so i start to sit back. In fact, many ppl start to sit back because they know the reward is random. I was so bore that I start killing all the adds and guess wht? I was combo by 7 hulkers. apparently killing adds will aggro hulker.

WanWhiteWolf
11-10-2014, 12:01 PM
The rewards are, unfortunatelly, based on the same principle as all the other events in the game.

Your simple participation will give you the same odds of getting a top-tier item as the player that pulled the weight of an entier batalion of leeches.

I finished about 10-15 arfalls with 100k+ score. I got a purple and the rest blues. I started showing up with 1-2 minutes left of the event and I got the tachmag legendary and both pumpkin' heads. That's ironical and unfair for the people who actually busted their ***** to kill those hulks.

Don't get me wrong, the hulk events are a nice addition (even though temporary) to Defiance. It's just that your work/score has no influence in getting better items.

ArthriticNed
11-10-2014, 01:04 PM
80+ epic mods including 6 full sets of ar/smg/lmg, 3 power bores.
70+ epic weapons.
34 legendary weapons including Witch Hexer, Demon Hunter, Beelzebub, Abaddons Touch, and Ghost Duster. (Actually bought Abaddons Touch and Beelzebub from a friend) plus a few more legends purchased.
Also have both pumpkin heads on 4 or 5 different characters.

The RNG Gods have smiled upon me the past 2 weeks.

But, since up until this past Tuesday the game (mass populated events in particular) has been nearly unplayable. So i consider this a fair trade.
I have participated in hundreds of major and minor Hulker arkfalls though. All i can say is keep shootin and good luck.

Tex_Arcana
11-10-2014, 02:09 PM
Just as a comment: I am completely happy with the drop system they have in this.
Yes, one may not get a guaranteed epic; but (imo) if you do well you DO earn a higher total of Arkforge. Which I find significant from a leveling perspective.
Finding and then leveling key or favourite items is strongly influenced by one's ability to do well in all the Incursions/Arkfalls and earn Arkforge.
As an added comment: I have received several OJ items from various events; some good, some bad (or nigh useless once you know the game. Eg. I have now had four OJ Volge Battlerifles drop: These are a poorly set up weapon IMO. They should be better than they are; but that's another topic).
So RNG may not be what some want it to be; but it isn't as bad as some say either.

WanWhiteWolf
11-10-2014, 06:25 PM
80+ epic mods including 6 full sets of ar/smg/lmg, 3 power bores.
70+ epic weapons.
34 legendary weapons including Witch Hexer, Demon Hunter, Beelzebub, Abaddons Touch, and Ghost Duster. (Actually bought Abaddons Touch and Beelzebub from a friend) plus a few more legends purchased.
Also have both pumpkin heads on 4 or 5 different characters.

The RNG Gods have smiled upon me the past 2 weeks.

But, since up until this past Tuesday the game (mass populated events in particular) has been nearly unplayable. So i consider this a fair trade.
I have participated in hundreds of major and minor Hulker arkfalls though. All i can say is keep shootin and good luck.

Ok, now it's time to stand up from your PC and eat something. Yes, I know, human body can survive months with partial sleep and without food. Not good, trust me. :)

ArthriticNed
11-10-2014, 06:57 PM
Ok, now it's time to stand up from your PC and eat something. Yes, I know, human body can survive months with partial sleep and without food. Not good, trust me. :)

Lol, plenty of time in there for real life stuff. Ill survive

Atticus Batman
11-10-2014, 10:16 PM
Lol, plenty of time in there for real life stuff. Ill survive

Aw look at that baby on Ned's avatar! http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq95/shortstack96/up.gif Is that Gollum's baby?!

http://www.desktopwallpaper2.com/desktop-wallpaper-home/hobbit-gollum-hd-picture-widescreen-wallpaper-1280x1024-9-50efcd1f1f158-4005.jpg