PDA

View Full Version : Infinite ammo bug

ironcladtrash
11-08-2014, 09:58 AM
I have a bug where my Mamba eats stowed weapon clip ammo. My Mamba has a 45 bullet clip. My Needler has an 80 bullet clip. If I switch between my Mamba and Needler, the Needler will now have 45 bullets until I reload. The bullets do not go back in the mag I just loose the extra 35 bullets. Really annoying especially in PVP where ammo is limited. This happens with any gun with a clip size larger than my Mamba. Also regardless of what perks or shield I have equipped.

This also works in when I am out of ammo. If I am completely empty with 0 in the clip on my Needler and 0 in my mag I can switch from my Mamba back to my Needler and now my Needler will have 45 bullets in the clip. Also with any weapon that is lower then a 45 Clip gets reloaded to full.

The Mamba is the only Paradise weapon I have. Does anyone else have this bug? Does it happen to all the Paradise and Chimera Weapons? I did submit a bug report on it but wasn't sure if it was just me or not.

EDIT - I added the video showing the problem. I deplete all my ammo just by switching weapons. Then I refill my ammo by switching weapons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSt4hrvYoQ8&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSt4hrvYoQ8&feature=youtu.be

Fuzzy
11-08-2014, 10:10 AM
I noticed the same bug happening with other weapons as well. I have it when I switch between loadouts. I got a different Tachmag or Pulser equipped in almost every one of them.
It's not limited to Chimera/Paradise weapons, as far as I can tell.

ironcladtrash
11-08-2014, 10:22 AM
I noticed the same bug happening with other weapons as well. I have it when I switch between loadouts. I got a different Tachmag or Pulser equipped in almost every one of them.
It's not limited to Chimera/Paradise weapons, as far as I can tell.

This is worse and only limited to my Mamba so far because I am not switching loadouts. The loadout bug is different and I have that too and also needs fixed . (I thought it was at one point then got reintroduced). The switching loadout bug eats mag ammo when you restock to full not the clip ammo.

The bug with my Mamba happens just from switching weapons in the same loadout but only when I have my Mamba equipped. I can make a video if I need to show you what I mean but I am being lazy this morning.

ironcladtrash
11-08-2014, 12:03 PM
I added a video to illustrate the problem since I am not always the greatest at explaining things.

eaglepowers
11-08-2014, 12:14 PM
This has been around since the Mamba was introduced. This would be good to add to the questions thread as to whether it not they plan on fixing this? It works good for slow reloading weapons like the slugger or detonators.

ironcladtrash
11-08-2014, 02:29 PM
This has been around since the Mamba was introduced. This would be good to add to the questions thread as to whether it not they plan on fixing this? It works good for slow reloading weapons like the slugger or detonators.
I added it to the questions thread, good idea.
Does it effect other Paradise weapons?

HighTech
11-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Someone entered the DOOM code for infinite ammo code!!! Sweet!!! TY devs!!!!

Egonieser
11-08-2014, 04:15 PM
Weird, that has never happened to me before. But thanks for the heads up, I'll be on the lookout.

Altras
11-08-2014, 04:44 PM
I added a video to illustrate the problem since I am not always the greatest at explaining things.

We still love you <3

Sychs
11-09-2014, 07:36 AM
It seems this has something to do with the paradise weapons. It doesn't work with others.
I have also found this to work in reverse. If I empty the clip on my primary weapon the Perforator and switch before I reload to my secondary weapon an Incinerator the mag is at 0.

Ryker Vorton
11-09-2014, 10:31 AM
Now that you mention it.......

I noticed this yesterday, but though it was negligence on my part for not properly reloading the stowed weapon... Yesterday decided to try pairing the mamba (i love it) with a bolter so i can use the mamba to bring down HP on hulkers and the bolter to to score higher criticals when their brain is exposed, but then everytime i switched to the bolter it was without ammo...

crasher
11-09-2014, 04:02 PM
We still love you <3
Sorry, man.
I draw the line at 'like'......

WanWhiteWolf
11-09-2014, 07:40 PM
This happens from now and then to all DLC weapons. When this thing occurs, all weapons that require DLC ( as far as I could tell) will have this issue. For me this bug comes along with the inability of all DLC weapons to be equipped. Basically none of the DLC are recognized but I can still use the weapons in my loadouts (with the reload problem that you posted).

Usually a game restart fixes it.

ironcladtrash
11-11-2014, 03:29 PM
This happens from now and then to all DLC weapons. When this thing occurs, all weapons that require DLC ( as far as I could tell) will have this issue. For me this bug comes along with the inability of all DLC weapons to be equipped. Basically none of the DLC are recognized but I can still use the weapons in my loadouts (with the reload problem that you posted).

Usually a game restart fixes it.

Wow that sounds bad. I never had that happen. That seems like a different issue. I only have this problem with the mamba and a restart does nothing for me.

Z0mb13
11-11-2014, 03:35 PM
Wow that sounds bad. I never had that happen. That seems like a different issue. I only have this problem with the mamba and a restart does nothing for me.

The same thing happens with my Boomslang (hardly used since purchased and modded) but it's definitely there.

ironcladtrash
11-11-2014, 04:16 PM
The same thing happens with my Boomslang (hardly used since purchased and modded) but it's definitely there.

I kinda figured it would happen to the other paradise and maybe chimera weapons but I only have the one. Glad it's not just me but I hope they fix it soon.

Z0mb13
11-12-2014, 09:24 PM
I kinda figured it would happen to the other paradise and maybe chimera weapons but I only have the one. Glad it's not just me but I hope they fix it soon.

I can confirm this now, Equip my boomslang (paradise weapon) and my awesome VOT Fire Needler, Full ammo pool at 500, both weapons have full clips, Boomslang = 46, Needler = 60. Switch from Boomslang to Needler (Needler now has 46 left in the clip), reload new mag at 60. Switch to the Boomslang, switch back, Needler mag only has 46 in it again. Do this until ammo reserves are completely depleted, empty the mag in the Needler completely, switch to Boomslang, then back again, Needler magically has 46 bullets in the mag although no ammo was present in my reserves. If you EMPTY the Boomslang at that point, the Needler will then zero out as well, if you don't you can cycle through this infinitely as iron suggests.

Z0mb13
11-12-2014, 10:00 PM
I can confirm this now, Equip my boomslang (paradise weapon) and my awesome VOT Fire Needler, Full ammo pool at 500, both weapons have full clips, Boomslang = 46, Needler = 60. Switch from Boomslang to Needler (Needler now has 46 left in the clip), reload new mag at 60. Switch to the Boomslang, switch back, Needler mag only has 46 in it again. Do this until ammo reserves are completely depleted, empty the mag in the Needler completely, switch to Boomslang, then back again, Needler magically has 46 bullets in the mag although no ammo was present in my reserves. If you EMPTY the Boomslang at that point, the Needler will then zero out as well, if you don't you can cycle through this infinitely as iron suggests.

As a side effect this completely negates the need to reload. Empty 8 nades out of my boomer, switch to boomslang, switch back, 8 nades back in the mag, this will need to be looked at Phantasie/Kiwi.

ironcladtrash
11-17-2014, 06:01 PM
Did anyone see if this is being looked at yet?

Bubbie
11-17-2014, 09:29 PM