PDA

View Full Version : Is a Recoil Mastery Still Possible on LMGs?

alienstookmybeer
11-10-2014, 10:41 AM
I used to have the recoil mastery on a purple Grenadier Saw (x .80 recoil). but it inexplicably reset by itself shortly after DLC5 launched. Since it was syphon and that dlc ruined syphon weapons I wasn't too concerned.

I recently picked up a blue Grenadier Saw and have rerolled it about 50 times and still no recoil mastery. I haven't seen a recoil mastery on any weapon since dlc5 to the best of my memory. Curious if I'm just having bad luck or if something in the coding got hosed again.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-10-2014, 10:44 AM
yes it still rolls . i only seem to get this roll on unmodded guns

alienstookmybeer
11-10-2014, 10:45 AM
Good to know, thank you

MJS
11-10-2014, 10:49 AM
Yes the recoil exp. roll is still around. I rolled a recoil x0.80 exp. roll on a Hellfire saw over the weekend.

ArthriticNed
11-10-2014, 02:55 PM
Rolled. x.75 recoil first try on my Beelzebub and Hellfire SAW

Dixie Cougar
11-10-2014, 03:24 PM
I was just talking to Aliens about this in clan chat a moment ago. I think the recoil bonus is actually a bit easier to get at higher rarities as I've rolled it multiple times on OJs and hardly ever on blues. I can say this with a bit of confidence as I have been mastering blue guns a lot during Hulker Hell (mostly double critters, going to save for downgrade and hand out to clanmates) and seen just as many if not more blue mastery rolls than I have oj ones.

Keeping recoil down really depends on the recoil rolls more than anything else. See for instance this hellfire SAW I pulled recently:

http://i.imgur.com/B0RyvyBl.jpg (http://imgur.com/B0RyvyB)

Compare the bloom on this hellfire with an oj VBI assault rifle that has a better (t4) recoil stock and the same mastery but reports a bloom of 0.13, on a weapon that has much lower bloom unmodified.

The SAW itself suffers in DPS but is very pleasant to shoot as it has zero muzzle climb so all you have to do is let go of the trigger every 30 rounds or so to reset the bloom. It's like having OC on without the damage bonus.

alienstookmybeer
11-10-2014, 04:13 PM
Sure enough, as soon as I upgraded it to Epic I rolled the recoil mastery. I have a feeling that mastery bonus is not on the table at all for Rare and below, at least for LMGs anyway.

crasher
11-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Sure enough, as soon as I upgraded it to Epic I rolled the recoil mastery. I have a feeling that mastery bonus is not on the table at all for Rare and below, at least for LMGs anyway.
Someplace, in a dark room, under a desk, a coder is crying.....

Dixie Cougar
11-10-2014, 04:39 PM

Haha, not surprising--that's how it always goes right?

Defiance Data claims that even whites and greens can roll recoil mastery (http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=88) but I think we can be confident in saying the odds are not good at the very least.

Atticus Batman
11-10-2014, 10:32 PM
I used to have the recoil mastery on a purple Grenadier Saw (x .80 recoil). but it inexplicably reset by itself shortly after DLC5 launched. Since it was syphon and that dlc ruined syphon weapons I wasn't too concerned.

I recently picked up a blue Grenadier Saw and have rerolled it about 50 times and still no recoil mastery. I haven't seen a recoil mastery on any weapon since dlc5 to the best of my memory. Curious if I'm just having bad luck or if something in the coding got hosed again.

As others said it is still around. I just got it on a purp EL lmg.

However since nobody said a thing about it disappearing on a gun right after DLC5 launched, I will. Did you do ANY upgrading to it in the Salvage Matrix? When Arkcrap Revolting first launched it bugged the matrix. Just modding a gun, or upgrading ego caused it's mastery bonus to randomly change.

alienstookmybeer
11-11-2014, 11:05 AM

However since nobody said a thing about it disappearing on a gun right after DLC5 launched, I will. Did you do ANY upgrading to it in the Salvage Matrix? When Arkcrap Revolting first launched it bugged the matrix. Just modding a gun, or upgrading ego caused it's mastery bonus to randomly change.

Have you seen the recoil mastery for blue rarity lmgs? I can't recall ever having seen it but assumed it was there because of the guide, then again I usually don't waste time and forge on blues.

The gun the mastery changed I don't believe I did anything to it but it was a while ago, but I certainly didn't reset the mastery because it was set to the one I wanted. It was the only inventory issue I had when us pc guinea pigs were thrown into the DLC5 and FTP launch. A lot of my friends had more serious inventory issues so I wasn't concerned with one reset mastery. Though I avoided the brunt of it because I waited almost a week to log in after that change because I fully expected it to be a disaster.

Amack
11-11-2014, 11:59 AM
That is one of the nicest SAWs I've ever seen Cougar.

This whole thread reminds me of our conversation we had a while back in game Aliens.

I also had come to the same conclusion about rolling recoil seems only possible in purple and oj.

Edit: The way it appeared to me, at first glances anyway, is that they divided the mastery rolls into tiers based on their popularity (or something similar) and set percentage chances to roll each tier at a different percentage so that you are more likely to receive a more popular roll as the weapon increases in rarity. I've never had to roll an OJ LMG for very long to receive the recoil roll, yet trying to get a straight crit mastery on an AR is much more difficult.

Dixie Cougar
11-11-2014, 12:29 PM
That is one of the nicest SAWs I've ever seen Cougar.

This whole thread reminds me of our conversation we had a while back in game Aliens.

I also had come to the same conclusion about rolling recoil seems only possible in purple and oj.

Edit: The way it appeared to me, at first glances anyway, is that they divided the mastery rolls into tiers based on their popularity (or something similar) and set percentage chances to roll each tier at a different percentage so that you are more likely to receive a more popular roll as the weapon increases in rarity. I've never had to roll an OJ LMG for very long to receive the recoil roll, yet trying to get a straight crit mastery on an AR is much more difficult.

Yeah, it was a lucky find. And, incidentally, one of those "showed up at the end" ones. A "certificate of respiration" if you will.

Regarding the roll distribution--I wonder if we are simply seeing the RNG at work. I just spent something like 450 AF trying to get that same recoil bonus on a Beelzebub. Kept getting all the trash bonuses--damage from above, damage on next shot after a kill, crit from the hip. Settled for 1.1x crit, never did make it to recoil.

Amack
11-11-2014, 12:30 PM
Yeah, it was a lucky find. And, incidentally, one of those "showed up at the end" ones. A "certificate of respiration" if you will.

Regarding the roll distribution--I wonder if we are simply seeing the RNG at work. I just spent something like 450 AF trying to get that same recoil bonus on a Beelzebub. Kept getting all the trash bonuses--damage from above, damage on next shot after a kill, crit from the hip. Settled for 1.1x crit, never did make it to recoil.

That is very interesting.

I would still consider a straight crit mastery to be one of the top desired outcomes for a majority of the weapon types so what you are describing is basically what I experience, just with different variables/rolls. For example, if and when I do try to get a straight crit mastery roll on an AR, it tends to get expensive just like what happens to you when you go for recoil on LMGs.

Z0mb13
11-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Good to know, thank you

It's always the roll you want the most that eludes you most.

Z0mb13
11-11-2014, 12:55 PM

I also did notice I had an SMG who's mastery was just reset around the same time, it wasn't a primary or secondary so I really didn't care about it but the timing is impeccable.

Dixie Cougar
11-11-2014, 01:19 PM
That is very interesting.

I would still consider a straight crit mastery to be one of the top desired outcomes for a majority of the weapon types so what you are describing is basically what I experience, just with different variables/rolls. For example, if and when I do try to get a straight crit mastery roll on an AR, it tends to get expensive just like what happens to you when you go for recoil on LMGs.

Oh, I like the crit mastery, don't get me wrong. DMG, crit, and recoil are all mastery bonuses I always keep on AR/LMGs. I'm just saying I never actually made it to recoil after burning 450 AF. Hate those intentionally terrible bonuses like damage reduction when reloading, or damage on next shot after a kill (questionable on snipers, rubbish on everything else). Hip fire on ADS weapons too. That probably creates a bias wherein I think the lousy bonuses are a bit more common than they actually are.

Amack
11-11-2014, 01:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/B0RyvyBl.jpg

If that gun had a white accuracy roll, an orange damage roll, a purple recoil mod, and a crit barrel, it would be my ideal SAW. I would have to throw on a movement scope just to see how well it hip fired into a crowd at close range. Very nice indeed.

Dixie Cougar
11-11-2014, 01:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/B0RyvyBl.jpg

If that gun had a white accuracy roll, an orange damage roll, a purple recoil mod, and a crit barrel, it would be my ideal SAW. I would have to throw on a movement scope just to see how well it hip fired into a crowd at close range. Very nice indeed.

I put an ext recoil 4 on it last night. It already had 0 muzzle climb so there's not much noticeable difference, just a bit less blooming. I have T4 crit and damage barrels, haven't decided which to put on. The fire rate roll works well the recoil stats--I have another SAW with that roll but missing the green recoil roll and you can definitely feel a difference.

Just need to find some more t4 assault sights and mag mods--had a few, used them all.

Tex_Arcana
11-11-2014, 04:05 PM
Arkcrap Revolting .
Quoted due to heavy lol it gave me.

Atticus Batman
11-11-2014, 05:45 PM
Have you seen the recoil mastery for blue rarity lmgs? I can't recall ever having seen it but assumed it was there because of the guide, then again I usually don't waste time and forge on blues.

The gun the mastery changed I don't believe I did anything to it but it was a while ago, but I certainly didn't reset the mastery because it was set to the one I wanted. It was the only inventory issue I had when us pc guinea pigs were thrown into the DLC5 and FTP launch. A lot of my friends had more serious inventory issues so I wasn't concerned with one reset mastery. Though I avoided the brunt of it because I waited almost a week to log in after that change because I fully expected it to be a disaster.

I have seen them but haven't bothered with blue guns since DLC 5 was released so can't say if they are still in game.