PDA

View Full Version : Differences Between Different Types of Accuracy

King Stud
11-10-2014, 06:23 PM
I've noticed for a while now that the game breaks accuracy down into about 4 different types: aim accuracy, movement accuracy, hip accuracy, and (just plain) accuracy. I don't fully understand the differences between these different types, but from my experience it seems that:

Aim Accuracy: Tightens the reticle when you ADTS. Doesn't affect the reticle otherwise.
Movement Accuracy: Decreases reticle bloom while moving.
Hip Accuracy: Reduced reticule size while in normal view (not ADTS & not moving). Also seems to improve movement accuracy. Don't know if it affects aim accuracy or not.
Accuracy: Reduced reticule size while in normal view and ADTS. Doesn't affect movement accuracy.

Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: It seems that movement accuracy only affects running and walking; bloom while jumping is sadly not improved.

SirServed
11-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Correct. /10

Dixie Cougar
11-10-2014, 06:29 PM
I've noticed for a while now that the game breaks accuracy down into about 4 different types: aim accuracy, movement accuracy, hip accuracy, and (just plain) accuracy. I don't fully understand the differences between these different types, but from my experience it seems that:

Aim Accuracy: Tightens the reticle when you ADTS. Doesn't affect the reticle otherwise.
Movement Accuracy: Decreases reticle bloom while moving.
Hip Accuracy: Reduced reticule size while in normal view (not ADTS & not moving). Also seems to improve movement accuracy. Don't know if it affects aim accuracy or not.
Accuracy: Reduced reticule size while in normal view and ADTS. Doesn't affect movement accuracy.

Can anyone confirm?

Does this mean that a stabilization sight still enhances ADS accuracy, but to a lesser degree than the assault/tac scopes?

SirServed
11-10-2014, 06:32 PM
Pretty much. I use a Run-n-Gun combat model so I always use the Movement Accuracy/Accuracy Sight on the applicable weapons.

EDIT: I wouldn't say it enhances, but it more or less preserves the initial accuracy that you gained from simply applying the mod by default. This is also why I never aim my SMGs, they have a tight enough shot to never need to scope a target.

King Stud
11-10-2014, 06:39 PM
If you actually want to run & gun though, is the Run-n-Gun synergy even the best choice? It seems that Ego Precision and Rolling Thunder both give higher bonuses.

SirServed
11-10-2014, 06:44 PM
If you actually want to run & gun though, is the Run-n-Gun synergy even the best choice? It seems that Ego Precision and Rolling Thunder both give higher bonuses.
I didn't mean that I use the actual synergy, I physically run around shooting things dead before they can do the same to me. Aiming down the sight will restrict your movement, making you easier to kill. In those cases, I make sure that the weapon I'm using has the DPS potential to support being in "Sitting Duck" mode. That's one of my gripes with the current weapon design model: The weapons that force you to aim down the sight to make them effective need to have DPS models to warrant such a behavior.

Dixie Cougar
11-10-2014, 07:20 PM
Pretty much. I use a Run-n-Gun combat model so I always use the Movement Accuracy/Accuracy Sight on the applicable weapons.

EDIT: I wouldn't say it enhances, but it more or less preserves the initial accuracy that you gained from simply applying the mod by default. This is also why I never aim my SMGs, they have a tight enough shot to never need to scope a target.

Good to know. My wife wanted to put a T5 sight on her triple dmg VBI SMG but I suggested assault scope since she still uses ADS with it. She went with stab sight though and it seems to work great in both modes. I haven't had the best experience with stab sights on VBI ARs on the other hand--I seem to do better with assault/tac. My ARs usually have high crit multipliers so the precision is useful.

The awkward thing is that you have only one sensitivity setting so you sort of have to specialize into hip fire or ADS, since the optimal sensitivities for both are not the same for most people. I have a nice double crit laser-accurate pulser but I don't do nearly as well as I could with it (overshoot and wind up with lots of bodyshots or 'over the shoulder' near hits) because my mouse sensitivity is jacked up for better ADS tracking. If I have to run and gun I use boomer+deadly cascade, which gets the job done as long as I'm not getting attacked at melee range.

Z0mb13
11-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Good to know. My wife wanted to put a T5 sight on her triple dmg VBI SMG but I suggested assault scope since she still uses ADS with it. She went with stab sight though and it seems to work great in both modes. I haven't had the best experience with stab sights on VBI ARs on the other hand--I seem to do better with assault/tac. My ARs usually have high crit multipliers so the precision is useful.

The awkward thing is that you have only one sensitivity setting so you sort of have to specialize into hip fire or ADS, since the optimal sensitivities for both are not the same for most people. I have a nice double crit laser-accurate pulser but I don't do nearly as well as I could with it (overshoot and wind up with lots of bodyshots or 'over the shoulder' near hits) because my mouse sensitivity is jacked up for better ADS tracking. If I have to run and gun I use boomer+deadly cascade, which gets the job done as long as I'm not getting attacked at melee range.

With a good blastproof shield and blast shield up you shouldn't have much problems dropping a few nades at your feet to take care of those pesky melee units.

King Stud
11-12-2014, 08:38 AM
So I played around with movement accuracy mods yesterday, and found that it only decreases reticle bloom while running and walking, but not jumping. This is a bit disappointing for PvP, but I'm going to play around with hip accuracy to see if that one decreases bloom while jumping.

MJS
11-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Keep In mind also that the bloom of a gun will affect the rectile as well. On most SMGs they have very little bloom so even when running and gunning And shooting from the hip they stay accurate. When firing most saws with the .81 bloom the longer you continue to fire the larger your rectile becomes even if your standing still or crouched down.

BlackTalons
11-12-2014, 11:11 AM
Keep In mind also that the bloom of a gun will affect the rectile as well. On most SMGs they have very little bloom so even when running and gunning And shooting from the hip they stay accurate. When firing most saws with the .81 bloom the longer you continue to fire the larger your rectile becomes even if your standing still or crouched down.

Vot Tachmag Pulsar: 0.20 base bloom x fire rate of 25 = +5 accuracy per second. Shows no bloom with sustained fire.

Vot Mazu Blast Rifle: 0.24 base bloom x fire rate of 14 = +3.36 accuracy per second. Reticle size doubles with sustained fire.

Pulsars are plain bugged.

Dixie Cougar
11-12-2014, 12:17 PM
My hellfire SAW has only .02 bloom and still blooms very noticeably even though it has zero muzzle climb. Pulsers do seem to have negligible bloom, while VBI SMGs have some when running but not that much.