PDA

View Full Version : My first (of many) noob question: damage numbers

Kennyth
11-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Is there a way to turn off the combat text/damage numbers. I like to play as immersively as possible and I always find the fountain of numbers annoying. I couldn't find anything under the Controls menu.

Thanks in advance,
Kennyth

Elroyhuman
11-12-2014, 07:37 PM
Yes, it is in your settings.

Nefarious
11-12-2014, 07:40 PM
Yeah, its the 1st one on top.

JadedSinn
11-13-2014, 10:01 PM
Is there a way to turn off the combat text/damage numbers. I like to play as immersively as possible and I always find the fountain of numbers annoying. I couldn't find anything under the Controls menu.

Thanks in advance,
Kennyth

side note. damage numbers help people get better at killing in this game and also give u the chance to see just how good a weapon u are useing is.

but to each there own.

first seting under setings at the top of them some where. cant recall right away what page its under in the tabs but its there. simple on off switch. normel defalt is normaly off. how urs are on. hmmm it must of been changed ...

PhantasieTrion
11-13-2014, 10:57 PM
I remember a pretty heated discussion amongst the devs near launch about this default value for this very topic: MMO stats supporters on one side, proponents of immersion on the other.

I'm firmly in the the former camp, for the same reason Jaded pointed out (with the option to toggle of course).

Johnny Stranger
11-14-2014, 04:36 AM
always on, always know if I'm hitting or missing criticals (can be difficult with mobs , darkness bmg and bombs going on ) !!! without numbers on in HH or Plaquers I wouldn't even know half the time if bullets were hitting or going into thin air !!
Also like Jaded said, helps you see the dam and crits different guns do rather than relying on numbers stated in weapon description...

crazyged
11-14-2014, 05:13 AM
There's something quite satisfying about seeing those nice big yellow numbers when you're unloading a wolfie into the Warmaster's back! :D

Cyborg Superman
11-14-2014, 09:49 AM
I remember a pretty heated discussion amongst the devs near launch about this default value for this very topic: MMO stats supporters on one side, proponents of immersion on the other.

I'm firmly in the the former camp, for the same reason Jaded pointed out (with the option to toggle of course).

I wish there was a way to toggle it on and off faster cuz to me it only matters to see them when i go up against a boss like the warmaster. Before the WM dropped i never bothered with the dmg numbers. it was annoying at 1st to see the numbers fly by, but you get used to it

JadedSinn
11-14-2014, 10:05 AM
ya war masters the bigest of the reasons why people should have there numbers on. not all people that play know the crit spots or damage spots on him and in the end it leads to people shooting him in his heavaly no damagabule face or his belly or his legs or his crotch (( last one is the reason i think the WM is female..... )) but without numbers no one knows if there doing damage or not. same goes for all other enamys.

i could understand why someoen would want to turn them off but at the same time i can see why people want them on. so like i said :) to each there own im not here to force others to play as i do. just guide them in the right derections from time to time :D hehe

to bad thy where not a little smaller though. some times thy are quite large nad when ur useing an SMG or an AR thy can cover up the enamys crit spots from time to time on your screen.