PDA

View Full Version : Life After 4378

Superhero
11-13-2014, 04:39 AM
so im doing stuff and getting ZERO xp. wtf defiance type people?

duction
11-13-2014, 04:41 AM
You have hit the exp limit and must now do missions or goals to up your level, oh and get guns and cars to level 20.

Superhero
11-13-2014, 04:49 AM
thank you for the quick reply. can i start playing my main missions? will this give me XP?

Fuzzy
11-13-2014, 04:59 AM
thank you for the quick reply. can i start playing my main missions? will this give me XP?

You are capped on XP. Your main mission will only give you ego points when you finish the pursuits with it. Press J (when you're on PC) and you see of your pursuits listed.

Egonieser
11-13-2014, 05:53 AM
I filled my ego grid at 5200+ ego, because i was sensible enough not to rush leveling, but also doing pursuits, leveling weapons and finding data recorders as i went along. Remember, this is not your traditional MMO. Ego lvls are just A PART of your progression. It is not and shouldn't be entirely your main focus. But because of neglecting pursuits, you now have to backtrack them and do them all in order to get to max ego. But pursuits are fun, some are more fun than story missions. (Except the kill 5000 enemies with X gun, or the cerberus pursuit).
And this is not just in defiance. In most MMOs max level alone is not the end of your progression, in LoTRO, fopr example, there are deeds (same as pursuits here) that need doing for your character skill\passive tree and to unlock many new things, and this principle applies in many modern MMOs. So i can't understand why people are so shocked by this..

TL;DR
XP Is just for EGO grid. EGO grid is not the only and main way to progress. Pursuits are just as important as XP and EGO grid. Many are for fun, but many contribute to the lore AND story of the game.

Bonehead
11-13-2014, 09:43 AM
Yep, working as designed.

Dixie Cougar
11-13-2014, 10:23 AM
If you can get into the Thorn Liro arena that can be a good place to do 'kill' pursuits. The first arena is good for about 400 kills and you can do it as much as you need to.

Tex_Arcana
11-13-2014, 10:24 AM
I actually am quite happy to "putter up": I've chosen to farm up a bit of Arkforge while my ego (at this point just over 4,700) is not rising like a rocket sled from Hulker Hell.
The opportunity to level key weapons, and start actually saving Arkforge for those big rarity bumps once near/at cap is nice imo. And because I enjoy most of the activities in the game: it gives me the opportunity to fine tune as I move toward cap.
I would rather be taking the time to work on both banking Arkforge, and fine tuning BEFORE I reach cap; as it means I'll be feeling good about it all once I'm on top of that mountain.
I'm going to go back and gold medal all those driving pursuits: I know it's possible. The courses are fun and challenging but not unbeatable.
And I like driving challenges. :)
http://media.giphy.com/media/RLIhz2R1YURBm/giphy.gif

rangda
11-14-2014, 01:09 AM
I'm going to go back and gold medal all those driving pursuits: I know it's possible. The courses are fun and challenging but not unbeatable.

I despise the racing challenges in this game but I knocked out gold on the last 9 time trials today to finish off gold in all of them (and pick up a nice 75 ego). If you have max skill in runners they are actually pretty easy. The only really hard one is the first one in San Fran (the secret is to not try to go fast but to try to go smooth, wheels off the ground are bad in this one). The second San Fran one can be annoying largely because there are so many emergencies that can be on track. Other than that my only failures were me trying to rush way more than I had to.

Now if I can just find a #%#$%# orange grenade...