PDA

View Full Version : Any of the DLCs worth buying

Bigbearbear
11-13-2014, 10:01 AM
I'm using a free to play account on PC at the moment is wondering if any of the DLCs are worth buying? I sometimes come across weapons that are restricted, 7th legions ones seems the most common. I do ok with other weapons though, just wondering if there' some special or much more powerful ones that are available with DLCs?

Thanks.

Skape
11-13-2014, 10:12 AM
I like them all, i got the ultimate edition on amazon a few months ago for cheap it has everyting ant a ton more. ebay has it so does gamestop. make sure you get the ultimate edition as it comes with the season pass.

Tex_Arcana
11-13-2014, 10:27 AM
20% off in the Defiance Store for the bundle. $39.99 USD.
I'm going to pull the trigger on them myself.
Sick of not being able to call down Ark Falls.

PTR47
11-13-2014, 10:44 AM
Some missions usually, but not a lot. Maybe some cosmetic stuff. Here's what counts, IMO.

DLC 1 Castithan Charge Pack http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=1
Access to Charge Blade

DLC 2 Arkbreaker http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=131
Includes access to some of the best weapons in the game (such as the Castithan Springer); allows you to call down arkfalls and use rewards from called-down arkfalls

DLC 3 7th Legion http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=178
Access to 7th Legion weapons and charge blade

DLC 4 Gunslinger Trials http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=177
Access to gunslinger weapons (also some of the best in game, such as the Wildcat)

DLC 5 Arktech Revolution http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=185
Access to cores (for buying t5 mods) and a charge blade

duction
11-13-2014, 11:25 AM
im not going to say anything negative about any of the dlc's and how much they are worth getting............

AllGamer
11-13-2014, 12:00 PM
Most valuable are: DLC 2 Ark Breaker + DLC 5 Chimera

Fyre Hex
11-13-2014, 01:58 PM

What is it about those two in particular that makes them valuable? I bought the Castithan DLC for the Castithan characters, but I was wondering about the others, like the OP is.

Holy Bahamut3
11-13-2014, 01:59 PM
Sadly no...

Bigbearbear
11-13-2014, 03:03 PM

Thanks, makes sense too. Being able to call down arkbreaks seems very cool and I've seen Youtube videos recommending the Castithan Springer. DLC5 sounds interesting too.

BTW are any of the blade weapons useful? I've never seen people use them in co-op maps and only twice when doing arkfalls. Are they fairly useless?

Kroul
11-13-2014, 03:10 PM
duuuuude.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261595400152?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Cheapest deal ive seen lately (Gamestop sold out of their 8$ ones). It has the season pass. Its about a weeks worth of waiting to get it but for the price it is worth it.

Dixie Cougar
11-13-2014, 03:13 PM
Thanks, makes sense too. Being able to call down arkbreaks seems very cool and I've seen Youtube videos recommending the Castithan Springer. DLC5 sounds interesting too.

BTW are any of the blade weapons useful? I've never seen people use them in co-op maps and only twice when doing arkfalls. Are they fairly useless?

Well you know that old saying, "don't bring a knife to a gun fight?" It applies here. Some people tinker with fun Blur builds to use with swords but they are simply not efficient and not to be taken very seriously. I vendor all the Amakunis I get from incursions; if I could give them away I would.

Genuine
11-13-2014, 03:21 PM
I'm using a free to play account on PC at the moment is wondering if any of the DLCs are worth buying? I sometimes come across weapons that are restricted, 7th legions ones seems the most common. I do ok with other weapons though, just wondering if there' some special or much more powerful ones that are available with DLCs?

Thanks.

you may want to hold till 5k ego before consider it.

Brido_hecatombe
11-13-2014, 06:36 PM

Seen some really tough opponents use the blades in pvp and stop me from hitting very high k/d ratio, worth investing if u have the spare cash imo, look really deadly with cloak and melee talents

Bonehead
11-13-2014, 07:11 PM
Up to you really. If you can find a screamin' deal somewhere it might be worth it. I wouldn't recommend the season pass unless they dropped the price a lot. The ten bucks a dlc would be more than I think it's worth having gotten the season pass myself a long time ago. Just remember you pay your dough, you take your chances.

Chump Norris
11-13-2014, 07:30 PM
DLC 1 - Castithan DLC is a decent enough deal if you want to be a castithan and you get a character makeover to change your race. I am unsure of the price of the makeover in the bit store but it is probably over priced so that alone is probably a deal.

DLC 2 - Arkbreaker DLC I don't recommended DLC 2 to people anymore since they added timers to WM and refuse to fix the d/c issues people (PS3 especially) have trying to enter it....The Zagger nerf also helps my decision to not recommend it to anyone. The Springer is pretty much just a Pulser with set rolls and you can find Pulsers with better rolls out there.

DLC 3 - 7th Legion DLC I don't have it and probably never will. It has unique synergies and outfits but getting anything good on your own involves grinding rep and RNG luck.

DLC 4 - Gunslinger DLC This one is like the 3rd when it comes to rep grind and RNG luck for outfits and weapons but at least completing the Pursuits rewards an outfit which looks nice imo. You will need help from people to gold some of the arenas which is a downside to me..

DLC 5 - Arktech DLC is a real good deal when you consider the price Trion puts on forge. Plus the perks that come with it can be helpful.