PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 in the life of Defiance, little bit of humble, little bit of cautious

Oveur
04-03-2013, 08:43 PM
I thought, why stop with more insight into what’s happening with Defiance, inside my head and with the team. Actually, we should probably skip my head and focus on Defiance and the team.

It’s the second day in the life of Defiance, you saw our focal points yesterday and to elaborate on what happens here. We try to be in a position to respond to change and react to feedback. That means we frequently re-prioritize and re-evaluate, we course-correct. Some of you might know this as being “agile”. I prefer “wtfisgoingonnowletsfixdatshiinao”. Sorry, stay away from my brain. Got it.

The reason this is about being a little bit humble and little bit cautious, is that you might see us talk about very serious issues in a way which might make it look like we don’t take it seriously. This is not the case. We do believe that if you can’t make fun of yourself, take yourself too seriously and everything is doomed, you will have no joy or passion for what you do anymore. And that will get reflected in the experience you receive. We hope you understands.

With that being said, you will now see our top four issues today, as opposed to yesterday. Some may be have addressed to a large extent, others have gone down in priority because of others have come up are more critical. That does not mean the issues from yesterday are off the list, they are still there, but I hope you get better insight into why we can – and do – move.

Game Server Crashes – Let’s be sure to not confuse these with us taking down the server to apply updates. This is totally different and started getting much worse, especially for XBOX in the last 24 hours. You will experience this as disconnects but just tonight, it has ended with full server crashes. Twice. No amount of whiskey, dances of tango or foxtrot can fully convey our (calm professinal) rage and frustration over this.

FKN LAAAAG – Icelandic technical term which usually translates quite well to most other languages for some reason. This started showing up yesterday when scaling up certain platforms well beyond anything we’ve had before and we ran into glass ceilings. We don’t like lag. We hate lag. So we respond to it fast. You should also note that lag manifests itself for many reasons, ranging from networking to game servers. So especially if you are on XBOX, grab whiskey and take a dance or two, the game server problem above is causing this as well.

Patching woes – If you are experiencing this it’s for very different reasons. It’s depending on platform and location which is why we’ve been working with our content distribution networks and service providers to address this, identify where it’s happening etc. There is a thread here you can contribute your information to which will help us. If you can’t patch, you can’t enter the game and play. That’s like bat**** level serious for us. We want you ingame just as much as we do. And it’s not just so we can stalk you while cloaked. Honest.

Client crashes – Like, 120hz. And others. We’re already deploying some of these out. We don’t like these crashes. The reason this steps into this list is that after these two days, we got enough information from you to identify and summarily fix certain crashes. You see, we often rely as much on your feedback as we do on our internal testing, because we like to listen to you (especially when you are in a good mood) and our internal testing never comes close to all of you hammering our code when you’re playing.

Some other notable things which you should keep in mind:

Pre-order items and other keys – If you haven’t gotten your pre-order items or are having problems with your key not giving access. Make sure that where you bought it, you got all your codes. This can be the pre-order code (sometimes on your receipt), your game access code, third extras code and the code for launching nuclear missiles. In case it’s the last one, please contact your nearest police station as you might be in trouble. In case of the other ones, make sure you enter all your codes.

Link your Console Account – There were problems both with the Arkhunter website and the account linking but that should now be solved. Head over to account linking to claim your rewards! Like most items, such as pre-order, you claim them ingame afterwards in the store.

Try out Shadow Wars and PVP maps – This should not all be about what’s wrong or sadness. If you are one of the very very very many that are ingame and not experiencing the issues above, this message is for you; try it out and let us know. If you don’t like it or can’t, please, also let us know. Our interest in high velocity impacts to grin area and vicinity is considerable.

That being said. I’m watching as we speak a large number of our operations team around the XBOX servers which just crashed again. That is no small feat, the XBOX cluster has more cores than an army of gold farming bot runners would know what to do with. But they will persevere, as they always have and won’t stop till they’re up again. The servers, not them, you pervert.

We’ve already pushed out a PC client patch to address crashes and a server update last night and we have another juicy server update for everyone in about 16 hours or so.

Ave Arkhunter,

Oveur

Buruko
04-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Bumpity bump bump!

Hey guys! You should read this! And dear CM/Mods this should be a stickie or something!

Veros
04-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Bumpity bump bump!

Hey guys! You should read this! And dear CM/Mods this should be a stickie or something!

What a brown noser

Oveur
04-03-2013, 09:01 PM
What a brown noser

Yet you had no problems quoting him, which was once considered a sign of great respect ;)

Veros
04-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Yet you had no problems quoting him, which was once considered a sign of great respect ;)

lol. perhaps i do respect him

UsuallyDope
04-03-2013, 09:05 PM

I always used it as a way to dictate who my response is towards.. lol

Taaltos
04-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Love these types of updates! Should be posted 8 times and stickied a hundred times so the EMC Mutants don't miss them.

AVAVA
04-03-2013, 09:09 PM
THANK YOU! You answered my pre-order items question! Enjoying the game!

nathanpbutler
04-03-2013, 09:18 PM
What should be done if MOST of the items that should have shown up, have shown up, but some have not? I have twice run into an issue where I have two sets of bonuses kicking in, and when they do, it seems like lock boxes are canceling each other out.

Step 1: I have linked the account and have entered the preorder code (back before the beta). Both the Arkfall rewards and preorder bonuses include a lock box. I should receive two. All of the items show up for these . . . except I'm missing one lock box.

Step 2: After having claimed all of the items from Step 1 (and after the PSN Store update went live on Tuesday), I enter in the Ultimate Edition code from the back of the manual. It should include a lock box from the CE/UE materials, plus a lock box that is part of the Season Pass. Again, I get everything that should be there, EXCEPT one lock box is missing.

So, at this point, I have received only two of the expected four lock boxes, and I have sent an inquiry to Support about it. Thus far, I have not heard anything back.

What is the situation for these partial appearances? Or, if it's a lock box issue, then what is the situation right now for lock box entitlements apparently canceling others out?

Taaltos
04-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Have you tried submitting a ticket?

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/478/~/contacting-trion-support

nathanpbutler
04-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Have you tried submitting a ticket?

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/478/~/contacting-trion-support

In my prior post:

I have sent an inquiry to Support about it. Thus far, I have not heard anything back.

Soldarith
04-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Sincerely, thank you for posting this update. I know that you guys have a lot on your hands right now and it takes precious time out of those things to write these updates. However, they are our only glimpse into what is really happening behind-the-scenes and explaining to us why these things are happening.

This post really did reduce my stress levels. And I have lots of stress due to being on Xbox...so, thank you for the update.

Rawkfist
04-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Any reason yet as to why people who purchased a hardcopy had to download 10 gigs of data?

Oveur
04-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Any reason yet as to why people who purchased a hardcopy had to download 10 gigs of data?

No, I don't know the answer to that yet why some people need to do that and it's pretty damn weird. It shouldn't be bit more than half a gig.

FictionalNinja
04-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Any update on the supply problem with Amazon UK's Xbox Ultimate Editions? I'd love to try the game, issues and all, but am stuck waiting on my copy of the game, which I preordered back in January. I understand things happen that are beyond your control, but sitting around waiting for my game to hopefully be delivered by 12 April is getting kind of old. And, Amazon hasn't been very forthcoming with information.

Coraline
04-03-2013, 09:58 PM
These remind me of the Tera patch notes. I like it! Be different, be unique, be yourself!

Oveur
04-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Any update on the supply problem with Amazon UK's Xbox Ultimate Editions? I'd love to try the game, issues and all, but am stuck waiting on my copy of the game, which I preordered back in January. I understand things happen that are beyond your control, but sitting around waiting for my game to hopefully be delivered by 12 April is getting kind of old. And, Amazon hasn't been very forthcoming with information.

Sorry, that's one of the things I have almost no visibility on. I can't imagine you'd have to wait all the way till the 12th though.

Solace
04-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Pre-order items and other keys – If you haven’t gotten your pre-order items or are having problems with your key not giving access. Make sure that where you bought it, you got all your codes. This can be the pre-order code (sometimes on your receipt), your game access code, third extras code and the code for launching nuclear missiles. In case it’s the last one, please contact your nearest police station as you might be in trouble. In case of the other ones, make sure you enter all your codes.

This is all fine and dandy but I ordered my game via trion website and haven't gotten my digital deluxe items (and yes for the love of god I checked item claim in the store so stop with that argument) I sat on live chat for 7 hours up until they closed and didn't get to talk to an agent. I get it the game just came out but I would really like to have the stuff I paid for even though the weapon and the shield are now useless as I have out lvled them. I will try to get into live chat again tomorrow but I wish someone would look at my ticket and just fix the damn problem. There is no code to apply with digital deluxe ordered from the trion website.

Coraline
04-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Hmm now on pc with that recent patch. My game is crashing after a pvp match ends. :'(

Oveur
04-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Hmm now on pc with that recent patch. My game is crashing after a pvp match ends. :'(

Like, always?

FantasyMeister
04-03-2013, 10:37 PM
I love these updates, they're like... refreshing honesty. Just need a few pics of team members pulling their hair out and overdosing on Red Bull and they'd be perfect.

Taaltos
04-03-2013, 10:37 PM
They need to pop their collars!

Irontroll
04-03-2013, 10:38 PM
So glad that the executive producers thinks that jokes are the appropriate response to massive bugs in the game. How about trying for some real sincerity in your responses so that your obvious disdain for customers of the game does not show. There is no way you would speak to your big boss that way, so why do you feel its appropriate to speak to customers that way?

All that aside, we applaud your efforts to fix lag/patch/crashing. But how about a real response about the massive issues facing the PC client specifically (and I would guess the xbox and ps3 versions too)? The fact that the game doesn't save keybindings, that quests just break randomly, that VOIP is a total mess, that the fact the game is a MMO without any usable tools to COMMUNICATE...

And for those of us who bought the game through Trion's website and don't have our preorder stuff, and cannot play the game even tho our boosts are ticking down, what plans does Trion have to recompense us for this?

Taaltos
04-03-2013, 10:39 PM
So glad that the executive producers thinks that jokes are the appropriate response to massive bugs in the game. How about trying for some real sincerity in your responses so that your obvious disdain for customers of the game does not show. There is no way you would speak to your big boss that way, so why do you feel its appropriate to speak to customers that way?

All that aside, we applaud your efforts to fix lag/patch/crashing. But how about a real response about the massive issues facing the PC client specifically (and I would guess the xbox and ps3 versions too)? The fact that the game doesn't save keybindings, that quests just break randomly, that VOIP is a total mess, that the fact the game is a MMO without any usable tools to COMMUNICATE...

And for those of us who bought the game through Trion's website and don't have our preorder stuff, and cannot play the game even tho our boosts are ticking down, what plans does Trion have to recompense us for this?

I think your reading comprehension needs some work.

They working on all the things you just mentioned.

He posed the question to the player with the PVP Crash issue, "Like, Always?" As in, is this always happening.

He took the time to ask her himself.

Calm yourself.

Irontroll
04-03-2013, 10:44 PM
I think your reading comprehension needs some work.

They working on all the things you just mentioned.

He posed the question to the player with the PVP Crash issue, "Like, Always?" As in, is this always happening.

He took the time to ask her himself.

Calm yourself.

They are working on the issues? Really? Would be nice to see a post from a dev actually listing out some of the stuff they are working on. Sure they are working on the connectivity stuff, but how about the fact the game is so frustrating to actually PLAY once you do get in? The ingame bugs are many and game destroying.

And the "Like, Always", really? Is the dev trying to be a Valley Girl? Does he have not have actual professional standards? It isn't just the one comment, its the many comments he makes in this style. It shows a massive disregard.

Taaltos
04-03-2013, 10:45 PM
They are working on the issues? Really? Would be nice to see a post from a dev actually listing out some of the stuff they are working on.

And the "Like, Always", really? Is the dev trying to be a Valley Girl? Does he have not have actual professional standards? It isn't just the one comment, its the many comments he makes in this style. It shows a massive disregard.

You haven't been around Trion Worlds much have you? They're pretty laid back with the community as a whole. They're gamers just like us. Tune into some of the Twitch.tv livestream events.

Plus, the guys probably been up for near 48 hours.

Taaltos
04-03-2013, 10:46 PM
They are working on the issues? Really? Would be nice to see a post from a dev actually listing out some of the stuff they are working on.

Also, did you read the beginning of the post? He laid out what they're working on currently.

Irontroll
04-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Also, did you read the beginning of the post? He laid out what they're working on currently.

Yes, and if you read what i first posted you would see i acknowledged them working on the connectivity stuff. Unfortunately you replied to my post before i had a chance to better edit it for what i meant.

"Sure they are working on the connectivity stuff, but how about the fact the game is so frustrating to actually PLAY once you do get in? The ingame bugs are many and game destroying."

Rawkfist
04-03-2013, 10:49 PM
No, I don't know the answer to that yet why some people need to do that and it's pretty damn weird. It shouldn't be bit more than half a gig.

any chance you guys are working on this and it might be resolved soon? Going to bed now hopefully I can get this solved with some other way than downloading 10 more gigs of data.

Taaltos
04-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Aye, again, this is stuff they've stated they are working on. Stuff testers reported. Stuff that is multiplied by the sheer amount of people playing or attempting to play on 3 separate platform, with the development team try to tend to each one specifically.

You have to realize how big of an undertaking this is, and that there are kinks and bugs to work and iron out. I don't speak for Trion or the Dev's but if anyone is to blame, it's SyFy for pushing Trion into a concrete release date.

I'm sure the dev and head honcho's would have loved to have another month or so to work on some of these bugs. But they didn't and don't, so are now working on the fly to try and get the game running smoothly.

It seems very hit or miss for players, I personally haven't experienced any problems other than the occasional culling of mobs and/or players in very high population Arkfalls.

Trion has excellent customer relations and a close relationship with their community, they'll get it, it'll just take some time to iron out the kinks. Hopefully not too long tho.

MacDeath
04-03-2013, 10:56 PM

What in his post caused you to think he has "obvious disdain for customers". I have a pretty good ******** detector and it never even twitched when I read his post.

Irontroll
04-03-2013, 11:11 PM
What in his post caused you to think he has "obvious disdain for customers". I have a pretty good ******** detector and it never even twitched when I read his post.

Just his style of talking I feel to be disrespectful. It's more an issue of whats appropriate to the situation. When you have a lot of really pissed off customers, making jokes with them about how things just keep breaking is not really appropriate. A simple apology would come across as far more sincere.

I am aware of the deadline date, and the multiplatform concerns. I am also aware that there are OBVIOUS basic things wrong with the game that they knew about MONTHS ago and did nothing to resolve. It's not a question of scaling - its a question of bad UI and broken gameplay.

In fact, you cannot really even use the 3platform issue as an excuse. Since the 3 platforms never can play against each other, why do they have to have the exact same interface? Why cripple the PC version?

lando659
04-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Troll, you do not belong here and are just what your name says, a troll. Go away.

Zioralsa
04-03-2013, 11:22 PM
After playing a good bit of the story/side missions/arkfalls I decided to try out the pvp with a buddy of mine. I tried both the shadow wars and some of the regular pvp matches.

Shadow wars feels good and exciting. I like it a lot so far. The regular pvp matches seems to be 11 people that cloak, and then me. Which is ok, since I have the anti-cloak decoy skill. Great job so far :D

MrLostAlex
04-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Why are you people feeding a poster called ironTROLL??

Stop. Please.

St Marks
04-03-2013, 11:26 PM
Please fix in-game chat. Atm, it is clunky for text chat, and my voice chat doesn't work at all. Its difficult to even communicate with people I know who are playing as it stands right now. Without a in-game community who feel connected to one another , an MMO will not have a long shelf life.

Irontroll
04-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Troll, you do not belong here and are just what your name says, a troll. Go away.

Why do you assume I say what I do to cause drama? The name has nothing to do with that. It has more to do with a joke of a drawing that my friend did of a rusty troll under a metal bridge.

And I say what I believe. Instead of hating on me because of my name, why don't you actually participate in the discussion and add something worthwhile.

Coraline
04-03-2013, 11:29 PM
Like, always?

So like never. I haven't crashed from anything since the recent patch. I'll just do other things in the game like a normal person would. GOSH!

Defy
04-03-2013, 11:30 PM
thanks for the update :)

Coraline
04-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Maybe for the next update use big boy words and be super serious so Irontroll can comprehend everything and accept it.

Hazel
04-03-2013, 11:34 PM
I like that you can add a bit of humor or a bit of "Imnotgoingtosayabunchofstuffyoullonlygetifyouracom putergenius". I really like that you can get the information out there in a way that's actually fun to read rather than boring causing us to be forced to scan only for details that pertain to use. Looking forward to stability in the (hopefully) near future. Keep up the hard work guys :)

Irontroll
04-03-2013, 11:35 PM
I comprehend what he is saying just fine. And I found your response of "so like never" actually amusing. I just think his tone is condescending. Personal opinion.

Number1Ahole
04-03-2013, 11:49 PM
Thanks for responding to your players and keeping it fun and professional. Great game so far, you guys rock. I hate other Devs that respond well after their fanbase is frustrated because all they care about is the incoming flow of cash.

usrevenge2
04-03-2013, 11:50 PM
I tried to play shadow war many times on ps3 but there just wasn't anyone playing... can you please have like a pop up appear for players, or maybe have an "event" that says shadow war bonus XP/scip or something?

JohnMcClane
04-03-2013, 11:52 PM
Cant explain in words how much i like this message OP :cool:

Dear people of the forum one bit of advice accept or refuse its both swell ,it means at least you did take the time to read this part ;)

Never ever think written text is 100% the full representation as it lacks important factors of human communication.
Not everyone has Harvard English(i sure dont and yes it shows ) on his or her list and even then words without body expressions we are often misunderstood as those factors will be replaced with the way YOU feel.
Sad but if your angry , you will look for clues that show your anger is justified ,its just very human so its not against anyone nor in favor for others.
Its hard to stay focused , we try to be Joe cool but inside we all having emotions ;)

People that read my messages know i can also have a temper from time to time special because i care .

To the fans i say please dear folks , dont snap when others snap from time to time ,Trion understands and sets all things into perspective ,they dont like it but that is the darkside of the coin and they know and accept it

Be part of the solution not the fuel for flame wars.

To the folks that doubt i would like to say give it time , World of Warcraft vanilla was in worse shape yet it did raise to become THE MMO that is still the biggest player on the market.

To the angry people i would say , vent get the crap out your system just dont be to harsh ,recap what you would like to change and give it as crystal clear feedback i am sure Trion can and will do something if they can make up the difference between rampaging emotions and diehard questions ;)

Peace out and if you read this all , here is your cookie you did make it to the end of the wall of text :rolleyes:

Taaltos
04-03-2013, 11:53 PM
cant explain in words how much i like this message op :cool:

Dear people of the forum one bit of advice accept or refuse its both swell ,it means at least you did take the time to read this part ;)

never ever think written text is 100% the full representation as it lacks important factors of human communication.
Not everyone has harvard english(i sure dont and yes it shows ) on his or her list and even then words without body expressions we are often misunderstood as those factors will be replaced with the way you feel.
Sad but if your angry , you will look for clues that show your anger is justified ,its just very human so its not against anyone nor in favor for others.
Its hard to stay focused , we try to be joe cool but inside we all having emotions ;)

people that read my messages know i can also have a temper from time to time special because i care .

To the fans i say please dear folks , dont snap when others snap from time to time ,trion understands and sets all things into perspective ,they dont like it but that is the darkside of the coin and they know and accept it

to the folks that doubt i would like to say give it time , world of warcraft vanilla was in worse shape yet is did raise to become the mmo that is still the biggest player on the market.

To the angry people i would say , vent get the crap out your system just dont be to harsh ,recap what you would like to change and give it as crystal clear feedback i am sure trion can and will do something if they can make up the difference between rampaging emotions and diehard questions ;)

peace out and if you read this all , here is your cookie you did make it to the end of the wall of text :rolleyes:

*om nom nom*

Rat2man
04-03-2013, 11:55 PM
Just his style of talking I feel to be disrespectful. It's more an issue of whats appropriate to the situation.

Just saying... after watching the NASCAR episode of Southpark... read his thing in the style that Cartman speaks... If you dont laugh then you need to lighten up... seriously... "Imm makin a left turn!"

/takes ****** off

crypticbutton
04-03-2013, 11:58 PM
I comprehend what he is saying just fine. And I found your response of "so like never" actually amusing. I just think his tone is condescending. Personal opinion.

I find it great that he is able to take a rather boring thing and come at it with an interesting and funny approach to it. I honestly would rather read his funny and slightly sarcastic update to whats going on than just a list of bullet points with language and terms i don't understand like other MMO patch notes do. It just shows that he and the rest of the dev's are real people and are not spitting out some corporate manufactured lingo that they cannot stray from.

Landshark
04-04-2013, 12:02 AM

I'll break my responses down by paragraph:

1) Jokes in the response-

It might be new to you, but the game industry works a lot different than most other major industries around the world. I've worked at Xbox Live at Microsoft for 2 years, at the heart of the game console industry. You should understand that game companies, including Trion, are run by gamers just like you and me. They have fun playing games, their customers have fun playing games.

Once you try and realize the 'behind the scenes' situation is not all suites and ties (in fact, I've never seen anyone at Microsoft's Xbox Live team wear a suite and tie, most wear pants/shorts/have a beer or three at their office during lunch, etc, etc), then you'll realize that they have to take their jobs with a tongue-in-cheek attitude. The game industry is about GAMES, which is entertainment, which is 'having fun'.

If the people making games aren't having fun making them, then how can you expect the games they make to be fun?

2) Response to the other game issues-
You'll notice he did address them, but in a general way. He stated the TOP issues they are working on, mainly focusing on stability (which IS the most important) and making a list following that. As he stated, just because he didn't mention it in his post does not mean the item is not on the list. Reality is they have more pressing issues to handle first, keybindings and voip are definitely not a higher priority then the game not working in the first place.

3) Missing pre-order bonuses-
He did respond to this question. I'd imagine that if you are 100% certain you are entered the code, but are still having problems then you should contact support (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/478) for your specific issue.

TheFallenRise
04-04-2013, 12:06 AM

I think he might mean installing the disc as well, I'm on xbox and we have to install the game and then patch it but it's only taking up 5.7GB so how is it possibly taking up 10gigs even on other platforms?

Munx
04-04-2013, 12:07 AM
hey, Oveur! Where you hideing the Dam defense? eh? EH?! Give it to me, naow! -.-

TwistedEvil
04-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Coming from the SOCOM PS2 series since 2002 and a few yrs on EQ II, I can say this game is fun to kick back and roll. Thank God it's 3rd person and not another weak azz call of battlefield etc.

For how the OP has posted, it just seems to me the dude is amped up about their new game, and is not some 'stiff' in an office not even making an attempt to be 'personable' with their customers/future customers. Dude gave a few things they are/will be working on, so kool, hope things go as planned.

I see wat u are sayin irontroll, but bro, cut the dude some slack....it's not easy to tell ones tone with typed words. You, like most, are probably not used to devs of a game, getting on the fourms and not just posting some yada yada, then locking a thread and leaving the mods to deal with the mass Q&A that would follow :/ Could this game use 'this this and that and that?'..yep. But I have yet to see any game that is 'perfect' or read any game fourms where everyone had just one post saying 'great game, has everything I could ever want or need'.

I'm not a dev and have no clue what would be involved to add something like lean or cover etc etc (please, no open mics...don't want to hear screaming kids or mommas smackin little Jr's head cause he's up playing a game on a school nite...or the kids who play 'DJ' thinking anyone gives a crap wat they listen to)

Only thing we can do is give feedback via here or their customer support/feedback with 'issues' or things we would like added/changed, then hope for the best.....not chase the devs away from the fourms by 'thinking' he or she is being 'rude' etc.

I'm not throwin stones at u irontroll, like a few were, it's just always 420 somewhere in this world, and im just adding my $3.00 worth.

Deathdealer, PS3. Founder of the USA (U.S.ARMY) Clan...and I approve this message.

Bruno
04-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Many thanks for letting us know. Its 3 am here in the States and I was able to connect when I changed my region to Europe( still failing in the US though), so something out there is at least working!

Kaelas
04-04-2013, 12:43 AM
Little bit of cautious *drops coffee in server* lol. Sorry had to with the servers down.

Babar
04-04-2013, 12:49 AM
:rolleyes:

Hello, and thank you for the update...

ok... I will complain too but not only :)

I played hours... no sleep, without my regular buddies (because of the lock restriction, xbox version)...
Can not say the game is bad and I will rather say the game is good so far and fun, particularly on xbox where games tend to be formated.

I am not a mmo guy, tryed some, do not like the fee system and the generic aspect.. 'everybody is a hero'... seems so... not what I want...
I prefer regular rpg, or amateur mmo something with more contraints and global.
I am huge player of third person shooters (for years, mostly graw and socom).
I get hooked up by the beta and the concept of a no fee mmotps on xbox...
Something new, not from the usual big names...
The show seems to be creative ( renew the post-apo seen so much lately and the topic of the alien living with us).
So I just thought this game is for me.
It will be the game that will make all my friend play together on xbox, and if it's fun but not perfect, ok.
I get my UE on release date... get all my preoprder stuff/UE stuff, or mostly...
10 min update, and I was playing.
My friends (3) in France experienced huge download (hours) infinite udpates and can not play (but everything goes smooth for a belgian friend). Now they are playing and so far enjoying...

I really understand you guys are doing something new and at least refreshing on xbox, tps, mmo, linking both the show and the game...

My concern is :
- I perfectly understand that resoving/upgrading the servers/connection/lag is the most important right now, something new about the region lock ;) will be great (even bad news).
It's really a problem for me and many others... some don't care, but that is an issue (and I am not saying that you forget about it just asking news).
This was asked a while ago (if the game will be region locked)... clear answer (yes it will be region-locked) was.... let's say late to come, I felt that way and, and to be honest... I don't like the way it happened, we had to ask, we are passionate people, the regular guy buy the game and can not play worlwide as he can expect. We pay the xbox 'fee', xbox live is advertised as worlwide (play with the world), you are releasing a mmo... The package do say I need xbox live gold, or that I need 10g, says coop 2-10000+ :o but maybe you must start putting something like 'server us/rest of the world separated', plus the xbox is 'lying' to me saying that my friend is not online when I invite him (we were both on xboxchat) :mad:

I asked a CM about that in the chat (almost no wait) and he told me that what affect me on a server is my account...
I tried with an european account impossible to connect eu server from Usa (someone talk about redirecting the ip too...). (...)

So... you guys were checking the feasabilty (what make this unfeasable? real question) of this?
Is there any progress? hope? ... I know the bugs/servers... but I had (and was not alone) to ask a lot to know if the server will be officially locked, you did not mention it in your first post (I perfectly understand too your point)... must I trust in a solution?

Again it is really a problem for me... if nothing is done the only thing in one month which will save my game from flying threw the window will be the show/dlc linking, if I am disappointed here to I will stop haunting this game. PLEASE on this very subject can you let me know... something? :p

Other than that yes the lag, all my friend on xbox can not see half the stuff, during the arkfall, sometime during quest or when someone join.
In group people disapear/appear very randomly and too often in my opinion.

From the UE bonus disc I listen to stuff that seems not to be the reality... but I can be wrong... are Shadow war in the open world with all the other player doing their quests?
Seems no to me... and max I did was 20vs20 (by the way like the gameplay make me think about socom) but no huge battle.

The chat... I know people said it before... but are you thinking about improving it (one day)?

If I can just add 'little complaints' after the big ones (not important... but... just to let you know)
- I did get only one lockbox... I am fine with that, really, understand that some think different too, BUT why my armor is 'grey' rather than red... :( Everywhere it was advertised as red... now in my game grey but on the box of my UE it's grey too! next time show grey and give red I guess people will be happier... and mustn't be so complicated to fix. ;)
- I love tps... no shoulder switch? so huge world/possibilty but can not lay down... sad I am a camper for life.
- The 'play all together' coop, 2-10000 then 100 people per server/shard... again at last min... I mean that surprised me... but I am not aware of all mmo mechanics.

I am posting mostly about problem because it's how business work, happy people enjoy, the other often explain their problems... and sometime can get very frustrated (because they simply wait and expect from is advertised).

I said earlier I enjoyed the game, and I will continue... the question is how long? only an answer about the locking or a lot of very good surprise from the drama and the dlcs will keep me around the bay.

I know I was long.
Now I go sleep before falling in front of my screen because of your great game making me forget about time/food/hygien/my wife.

MacDeath
04-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Well, that's one of the problems of interwebz chatting. It's MUCH harder to get the 'tone' without hearing voice inflections or seeing visual clues like smiles. So, we all get to ASSUME that the poster was smiling when he/she said something, or that they were dead serious or whatever.

Some people are full of free-floating hostility... They wake up pissed off and go looking for something to attach their hostility to. Others wake up more or less happy and take things as they come.

GhostOperator
04-04-2013, 01:03 AM
I find it particularly refreshing that an exec producer took time to formulate this well composed explanation. The game will work eventually and the fact that everyone is crying about the crashes like a child just means they were enjoying playing the game and did not want the experience to stop... so stop whining. The game will eventually be fixed.

My only concern through this is those of us who have lost weapons and characters after some of these server crashes. I am almost certain that they will offer extended xp boosts because it is a fairly easy fix, but for those of us who have lost actual in game content... slightly disconcerting.

Overall, the game is great and I will continue to endure for the end result.

Babar
04-04-2013, 01:14 AM
Well, that's one of the problems of interwebz chatting. It's MUCH harder to get the 'tone' without hearing voice inflections or seeing visual clues like smiles. So, we all get to ASSUME that the poster was smiling when he/she said something, or that they were dead serious or whatever.

Some people are full of free-floating hostility... They wake up pissed off and go looking for something to attach their hostility to. Others wake up more or less happy and take things as they come.

Yes... IMO from our education, cultur... we can have diffferent feelings about that... to be honnest I was feeling a little like Irontroll after reading.
IMO again sometime it's better to avoid jokes, because the customer will not like and even if he is wrong he is right... of course I do understand it's an internet forum about a cool video game.

Nmalthus
04-04-2013, 01:15 AM
I thought, why stop with more insight into what’s happening with Defiance, inside my head and with the team. Actually, we should probably skip my head and focus on Defiance and the team.

It’s the second day in the life of Defiance, you saw our focal points yesterday and to elaborate on what happens here. We try to be in a position to respond to change and react to feedback. That means we frequently re-prioritize and re-evaluate, we course-correct. Some of you might know this as being “agile”. I prefer “wtfisgoingonnowletsfixdatshiinao”. Sorry, stay away from my brain. Got it.

The reason this is about being a little bit humble and little bit cautious, is that you might see us talk about very serious issues in a way which might make it look like we don’t take it seriously. This is not the case. We do believe that if you can’t make fun of yourself, take yourself too seriously and everything is doomed, you will have no joy or passion for what you do anymore. And that will get reflected in the experience you receive. We hope you understands.

With that being said, you will now see our top four issues today, as opposed to yesterday. Some may be have addressed to a large extent, others have gone down in priority because of others have come up are more critical. That does not mean the issues from yesterday are off the list, they are still there, but I hope you get better insight into why we can – and do – move.

Game Server Crashes – Let’s be sure to not confuse these with us taking down the server to apply updates. This is totally different and started getting much worse, especially for XBOX in the last 24 hours. You will experience this as disconnects but just tonight, it has ended with full server crashes. Twice. No amount of whiskey, dances of tango or foxtrot can fully convey our (calm professinal) rage and frustration over this.

FKN LAAAAG – Icelandic technical term which usually translates quite well to most other languages for some reason. This started showing up yesterday when scaling up certain platforms well beyond anything we’ve had before and we ran into glass ceilings. We don’t like lag. We hate lag. So we respond to it fast. You should also note that lag manifests itself for many reasons, ranging from networking to game servers. So especially if you are on XBOX, grab whiskey and take a dance or two, the game server problem above is causing this as well.

Patching woes – If you are experiencing this it’s for very different reasons. It’s depending on platform and location which is why we’ve been working with our content distribution networks and service providers to address this, identify where it’s happening etc. There is a thread here you can contribute your information to which will help us. If you can’t patch, you can’t enter the game and play. That’s like bat**** level serious for us. We want you ingame just as much as we do. And it’s not just so we can stalk you while cloaked. Honest.

Client crashes – Like, 120hz. And others. We’re already deploying some of these out. We don’t like these crashes. The reason this steps into this list is that after these two days, we got enough information from you to identify and summarily fix certain crashes. You see, we often rely as much on your feedback as we do on our internal testing, because we like to listen to you (especially when you are in a good mood) and our internal testing never comes close to all of you hammering our code when you’re playing.

Link your Console Account – There were problems both with the Arkhunter website and the account linking but that should now be solved. Head over to account linking to claim your rewards! Like most items, such as pre-order, you claim them ingame afterwards in the store.

Try out Shadow Wars and PVP maps – This should not all be about what’s wrong or sadness. If you are one of the very very very many that are ingame and not experiencing the issues above, this message is for you; try it out and let us know. If you don’t like it or can’t, please, also let us know. Our interest in high velocity impacts to grin area and vicinity is considerable.

That being said. I’m watching as we speak a large number of our operations team around the XBOX servers which just crashed again. That is no small feat, the XBOX cluster has more cores than an army of gold farming bot runners would know what to do with. But they will persevere, as they always have and won’t stop till they’re up again. The servers, not them, you pervert.

We’ve already pushed out a PC client patch to address crashes and a server update last night and we have another juicy server update for everyone in about 16 hours or so.

Ave Arkhunter,

Oveur

Thank you for the communication. I can say I have experienced minimal issues thus far, primarily just a bugged quest or 2 I had to drop and pick up again and pc patching has been flawless and took a whole 10 seconds.

MacDeath
04-04-2013, 02:25 AM
Yes... IMO from our education, cultur... we can have diffferent feelings about that... to be honnest I was feeling a little like Irontroll after reading.
IMO again sometime it's better to avoid jokes, because the customer will not like and even if he is wrong he is right... of course I do understand it's an internet forum about a cool video game.
It's a style thing. I certainly agree that jokes are risky as they can easily be misinterpreted by folks from different cultures. Of course Oveur is from Iceland and hence has no culture what so ever! (That was a joke :) ) But I find it refreshing that Oveur types like he speaks. He didn't run his post thru a CorporateBabble filter, he says it the way he feels. And, quite likely. he didn't see his post as joking with us but communicating in a less formal manner than, say Karl VonBach would have. Now THERE's a dude with no sense of humor at all! (rumor has it VonBach is modeled after Lars Butler).

Farmer
04-04-2013, 02:29 AM
I think he might mean installing the disc as well, I'm on xbox and we have to install the game and then patch it but it's only taking up 5.7GB so how is it possibly taking up 10gigs even on other platforms?

Actually, there's a whole bunch of stuff that they don't need to install because it's cooked into the OS on the XBox. On top of that, I'm willing to bet a good chunk of the size disparity is from lower res textures. The 360 and the PS3 should, in theory, be using textures that are half or a quarter of the size of the PC textures. That's a whole lot of space.

supernet2
04-04-2013, 03:24 AM

Ave Arkhunter,

Oveur

Made my day those are all of my complaints in a nutshell. Thank you, kudos to you

Motrok
04-04-2013, 03:30 AM
I would like to know the company's position regarding refunds.

I don't consider myself a difficult customer, quite the opposite. I payed good money BEFORE the product was even ready, trusting the company. When the day came, Steam didn't even give me a pre-load. That's kinda fine, I guess, they don't have to, so I just waited. When I first tried to download the game, of course I failed. The patcher wouldn't work. But it was on those first chaotic hours of any MMO launch. I don't think that's an excuse, but over the years, it's what one has come to expect. So I kept waiting, for another whole new day. During that time, I was finally able to download the client. But I got the Patch error that wouldn't let me play. I wasn't happy but I kept waiting, while making a couple of posts on your official forums, and trying to get a ticket on your support site answered.

Another day passed, and by then I had downloaded the client a good 6-7 times, always getting the same error. Mind you, I am not a new user, and I am not new to PC compatibility issues either, so I went through the whole troubleshooting extravaganza. Nothing worked. I played with opening ports, router security, torrenting the client, the whole deal. NOTHING worked. Another day went by and Trion didn't fix the problem, nor gave me any answer. Myu ticket is still marked as "unresolved".

I love Trion and i absolutely love their work at Rift, their continued support and care for that game. But I don't think I want to play this game anymore. And I think that it is justified if I decided to ask for a refund.

What would the company stance be towards this?

Thanks.

tl;dr: The game isn't working, thats obvious. Can we get refunds if we ask for them?

MacDeath
04-04-2013, 04:13 AM
I would like to know the company's position regarding refunds.

I don't consider myself a difficult customer, quite the opposite. I payed good money BEFORE the product was even ready, trusting the company. When the day came, Steam didn't even give me a pre-load. That's kinda fine, I guess, they don't have to, so I just waited. When I first tried to download the game, of course I failed. The patcher wouldn't work. But it was on those first chaotic hours of any MMO launch. I don't think that's an excuse, but over the years, it's what one has come to expect. So I kept waiting, for another whole new day. During that time, I was finally able to download the client. But I got the Patch error that wouldn't let me play. I wasn't happy but I kept waiting, while making a couple of posts on your official forums, and trying to get a ticket on your support site answered.

Another day passed, and by then I had downloaded the client a good 6-7 times, always getting the same error. Mind you, I am not a new user, and I am not new to PC compatibility issues either, so I went through the whole troubleshooting extravaganza. Nothing worked. I played with opening ports, router security, torrenting the client, the whole deal. NOTHING worked. Another day went by and Trion didn't fix the problem, nor gave me any answer. Myu ticket is still marked as "unresolved".

I love Trion and i absolutely love their work at Rift, their continued support and care for that game. But I don't think I want to play this game anymore. And I think that it is justified if I decided to ask for a refund.

What would the company stance be towards this?

Thanks.

tl;dr: The game isn't working, thats obvious. Can we get refunds if we ask for them?
You can't get a refund from anyone on the forums. Try Trion CS. Maybe they will, maybe they wont.

jubakumbi
04-04-2013, 04:43 AM
Thanks for the frank update and thanks for reminding everyone to have some humor about a game that is for entertainment, not some life threatening outage of heat and power during a hurricane.

I am happy with what you could share and happy with it's delivery. Please continue with both the updates (when you can) and the style.

Please keep up the hard work and don't let the naysayers ruffle your demeanor, I know from personal experience having the server farm not do what you tell it to is extremely frustrating already.

Good luck in squashing the bugs, in game and in the server room.

Just his style of talking I feel to be disrespectful.

So? I find your entire contribution in this thread to be a disrespectful, unneeded, condescending diatribe.

There is no need to give you a list of the exact things the development team in working to fix right now unless you happen to be their boss at Trion.

Frankly, you obviously know nothing about software, hardware, MMOs or business from where I sit.

Get over yourself.

Motrok
04-04-2013, 04:50 AM
You can't get a refund from anyone on the forums. Try Trion CS. Maybe they will, maybe they wont.

I know that, I am not even sur ei DO want a refund, as I said, I love Trion and love what they did with Rift, so I have huge hopes for this title as well. After I finish downloading the client for the 9324782938478932th time, I'll see what happens.

I am just interested in knowing how would they handle a refund request, and a Community Manager may have that answer.

Daximuss
04-04-2013, 04:59 AM
Question on Major Arkfalls, are we not supposed to be receiving loot at the conclusion of these battles?

I could have sworn that there was a post a while back saying that while there would be no loot drops in beta, they would be in the live release.

ironhands
04-04-2013, 06:28 AM
thanks for these honest and direct status updates. It's nice to not receive canned " we are aware of the issue and resolving it" messages.

Mechman
04-04-2013, 06:38 AM
The reason this is about being a little bit humble and little bit cautious, is that you might see us talk about very serious issues in a way which might make it look like we don’t take it seriously. This is not the case. We do believe that if you can’t make fun of yourself, take yourself too seriously and everything is doomed, you will have no joy or passion for what you do anymore. And that will get reflected in the experience you receive. We hope you understands....

Ave Arkhunter,

Oveur
Thank you for letting us know what is going on with the problems and updates. I thought your post was well written (just ignore irontroll). The only think I might add is it would be awesome if there would be something pop up within the game (like a box that can't be missed) a few minutes before a server reboot. I always miss the messages in the little chat area.

Thanks,

Matthew

ironhands
04-04-2013, 06:51 AM
Just his style of talking I feel to be disrespectful. It's more an issue of whats appropriate to the situation. When you have a lot of really pissed off customers, making jokes with them about how things just keep breaking is not really appropriate. A simple apology would come across as far more sincere.

I disagree 100%. The thing I hate most is "We are aware of the issue with X and are working to resolve this issue, you have our sincere apologies". It sounds so canned and copy/pasted. Having a someone post a status update like this, shows you it's genuine, and actually gives you some explanation of the issues.

Rawkfist
04-04-2013, 07:03 AM

When I install my pc hardcopy, the patcher tries to download 10 gigs or so of information. Its basically a complete reinstall from what I can see, its like the files from the disc arent being verified and its considering the patcher to be just the basic client patcher you get from steam or trions web site. The other issue is it just keeps looping repeatedly. I download 10 gigs then it starts again and again and again.

capemayor
04-04-2013, 07:21 AM
No sweat, guys. These things happen at launch. I am thrilled by the game's potential, even though I was able to play for only about ten minutes before the server problem hit. Thanks for your hard work.

Shogo_Yahagi
04-04-2013, 07:47 AM
I'm glad to hear that you're going to be address the ark fall loot and the chat. Now what about regular loot? sledge said the beta weapons and stats do not reflect the real game, not seeing any evidence to suggest there is any change from beta to live in this regards

This was literally the first response to yesterday's news post. We're still waiting for an answer.

uxlapogi
04-04-2013, 08:37 AM
When's the stuttering issue being confirmed/addressed?

kajun mulisha
04-04-2013, 11:08 AM
i like how the head honcho for the game is posting stuff like this, as well as twitter and such. but to be honest. they would be better off just taking the server down and keeping it down until its fixed. they have to know by now what the problem is. taking it down and then returning it in worse form is really gonna take its toll shortly. i love the game and appreciate their efforts, but i really think if the game isnt fixed by the weekend, it might just turn off people to play to the point of no return. the whole "relax its just launch time bugs" will be dried up. this is getting to the point of not being little bugs/fixes. its critical server failure. its not just xbox. its all platforms on na severs.

i for one am wondering for the people with the script/xp boosts. does the time decrease in real time? or game time?

i love the game. i cant wait to play it because its very addicting. i love how they arent just leaving us in the dark. but its hard for me to convince my buddies to buy it when 4 days out im not even playing due to issues. gonna be even harder at 7 days after launch. just keep em down until its done

B5GkarNarn
04-04-2013, 11:39 AM
How about a fix for PS3 players who purchased either the Digital Deluxe Edition or the Deluxe Edition Upgrade - and have not received any of the included items (30-day XP & Scrip Boost, Hdra rocket launcher, etc.)?

We're very angry because we paid $100 for the Digital Deluxe Edition (or $40 for the Deluxe Edition Upgrade) - and we don't have access to any of those included items. None of them appear in the "Claim Items" section of the in-game Defiance Store. :mad::mad::mad:

Migrayne
04-04-2013, 01:26 PM
What about fixing chat and VoIP. We need a push to talk.

duction
04-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Games been fine and lag free since April 1st 10:10pm untill today with the new patch, everythings slow i cant connect to the server and objects seem to stay black in colour for ages.. what has been changed in today patch?

Babar
04-04-2013, 02:46 PM
It's a style thing. I certainly agree that jokes are risky as they can easily be misinterpreted by folks from different cultures. Of course Oveur is from Iceland and hence has no culture what so ever! (That was a joke :) ) But I find it refreshing that Oveur types like he speaks. He didn't run his post thru a CorporateBabble filter, he says it the way he feels. And, quite likely. he didn't see his post as joking with us but communicating in a less formal manner than, say Karl VonBach would have. Now THERE's a dude with no sense of humor at all! (rumor has it VonBach is modeled after Lars Butler).

I am with you on this... it's the way I think, it's just that imo it's good that people like Irontroll share their opinion... maybe it was akward the way he did it but it's his feeling... many people fell like that on xbox, because an xbox game is not a pc game too.
Guys do not forget he is a customer and not a pro, but the dev are professional who know how to communicate and sell.
Honestly I prefer his (rude) post than many 'fan' posts... like thank you Trion you are so cool blablabla

But the only thing I really care about... after the servers... after my long post is REGION LOCKING?
Trion do something..................... :(

Oveur
04-04-2013, 03:26 PM
How about a fix for PS3 players who purchased either the Digital Deluxe Edition or the Deluxe Edition Upgrade - and have not received any of the included items (30-day XP & Scrip Boost, Hdra rocket launcher, etc.)?

We're very angry because we paid $100 for the Digital Deluxe Edition (or $40 for the Deluxe Edition Upgrade) - and we don't have access to any of those included items. None of them appear in the "Claim Items" section of the in-game Defiance Store. :mad::mad::mad:

I just sent an army of people to look into that. This might be a systematic problem.

Archangel
Thanks for the info.

game has been fun besides the chat issues and my loadouts not keeping the perks i assign to them.

I know these will get addressed so im simply enjoying the game till then (^-^)

Oveur
Games been fine and lag free since April 1st 10:10pm untill today with the new patch, everythings slow i cant connect to the server and objects seem to stay black in colour for ages.. what has been changed in today patch?

Which patch on which platform?

Archangel
04-04-2013, 03:27 PM
I just sent an army of people to look into that. This might be a systematic problem.

Same goes for those who ordered the Digital Deluxe for PC from Trion.

Wife and I missing DD items and the 30 day bonus.

Oveur
04-04-2013, 03:32 PM
So like never. I haven't crashed from anything since the recent patch. I'll just do other things in the game like a normal person would. GOSH!

"So like, soz bout dat."

On a more serious note, English is my second language and the question was real and sincere. Do you always crash or only sometimes?

Oveur
04-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Same goes for those who ordered the Digital Deluxe for PC from Trion.

Wife and I missing DD items and the 30 day bonus.

Yes, the army that has been looking into all of the pre-order items has not ceased this activity since we launched. It was just the first time I saw this on PS3 specifically. You see, there are many cases and permutations of what's missing where and what makes it more complex is that some retailers didn't give out all codes and in other cases, people threw away their codes (ie if it was on the receipt).

The Code Army. It fights to find your stuff.

Laonar
04-04-2013, 03:44 PM
This post is the whole reason I loved Rift and will continue playing that with Defiance. You guys respond and keep people updated. It may take a little while because you are "busy doing the things to fix the game" instead of answering a bajillion post complaining about this or that. Love the game, keep up the good work.

Babar
04-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Hi Oveur,

I appreciate the time you spend on the forum... can you let me know a bout the locking? is it dead without hope? :)
I posted a long message with my feelings about the game... I will appreciate just a little answer even if I understand it is not the priority right now... I will just feel better.

Destructo
04-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Great game! Really great job on the game guys....but I am curious...do you plan to work more on improving animations as time goes on?

Logikal
04-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Yes, the army that has been looking into all of the pre-order items has not ceased this activity since we launched. It was just the first time I saw this on PS3 specifically. You see, there are many cases and permutations of what's missing where and what makes it more complex is that some retailers didn't give out all codes and in other cases, people threw away their codes (ie if it was on the receipt).

The Code Army. It fights to find your stuff.

Interestingly enough, I pre-ordered on PSN and never received a code (nor my pre-order bonus items). There's a "Pre-order" service for Defiance listed in Account Management->Transaction Management->Services List on my PS3, but it's on a SECOND instance of "Defiance" on the list (separate from the one that has "Deluxe Edition" and "Season Pass" services)! I have a ticket# 130403-006440 open with Customer Service but haven't heard diddly squat in over 27 hours now. The car is not the only thing that I'm missing, and it's irritating as heck! Thankfully I also bought the game on PC and all of THOSE items I received just fine! PS3 is a mess though.

Oveur
04-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Great game! Really great job on the game guys....but I am curious...do you plan to work more on improving animations as time goes on?

You mean region locking? Some of that is simply out of our control. The only one you can easily switch between is on PC.

B5GkarNarn
04-04-2013, 05:46 PM
i just sent an army of people to look into that. This might be a systematic problem.

Nice!!!! Thank you very much!!!! :):):)

Babar
04-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Hi again Oveur, I think Destructo talk about 'animation': how the characters are moving...
But I do appreciate you talk about region locking, I am the only one talking about it in this topic.
I know it's different on pc... but I am asking about consoles, and it was official just few hours before release (and I preoprdered).

Sledegehammer was saying that you guys are exploring the feasibility? Is that over and nothing will/can be done?
It is Trion choice (Seldge), why this choice? Why were you aware so late about that and communicate so late about that...
Plus the CM said it's just about your account, let say I doubt that.

At least I've got an answer but from 'explore feasabilty' to now 'simply out of control'... I feel well... not so good... plus again I had to ask again and again and you are not replying to me but to someone else who asked about something else.
So I will probably sell my game, and mustn't had excepted anything after paying and the release, that was my mistake, and your (lack of) communication about locking (plus the 'maybe' before and now 'almost no')... imo was catastrophic.
No hate just a custommer feeling.
Please I you have a little time I will really apreciate an answer about mys questions... not just 'go buy on pc'
:) thank you

ErickShepard
04-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Interestingly enough, I pre-ordered on PSN and never received a code (nor my pre-order bonus items). There's a "Pre-order" service for Defiance listed in Account Management->Transaction Management->Services List on my PS3, but it's on a SECOND instance of "Defiance" on the list (separate from the one that has "Deluxe Edition" and "Season Pass" services)! I have a ticket# 130403-006440 open with Customer Service but haven't heard diddly squat in over 27 hours now. The car is not the only thing that I'm missing, and it's irritating as heck! Thankfully I also bought the game on PC and all of THOSE items I received just fine! PS3 is a mess though.

Same here man :( I've had a ticket submitted for about 2 or so days.

Destructo
04-04-2013, 06:00 PM
You mean region locking? Some of that is simply out of our control. The only one you can easily switch between is on PC.

No, I was actually talking more along the lines of improving running animations.

Babar
04-04-2013, 06:15 PM
'simply out of control' I don't want to be a cry baby, but 'simply' is too much in this sentence... it is not what seem to communicate Sledge and the CM I talked too

Ok I stop b......g around... again when you have a second between dealing with your armies of coders/programers I will be happy that you communicate MORE and in DETAILS about that (region locking)... or just tell me to go f..k myself (I understand 'simply' as that in the sentence... nothing will be done I dumb to bough on xbox not pc).
Don't want to be a 'metal troll' too but come on give me something, thanks.
I really start thinking you do not want to answer me... why talking about lock to someone talking about animation after all I wrote in this topic...

Daergar
04-04-2013, 08:54 PM
'simply out of control' I don't want to be a cry baby, but 'simply' is too much in this sentence... it is not what seem to communicate Sledge and the CM I talked too

Ok I stop b......g around... again when you have a second between dealing with your armies of coders/programers I will be happy that you communicate MORE and in DETAILS about that (region locking)... or just tell me to go f..k myself (I understand 'simply' as that in the sentence... nothing will be done I dumb to bough on xbox not pc).
I really start thinking you do not want to answer me... why talking about lock to someone talking about animation after all I wrote in this topic...

I have trouble understanding what you mean at a glance. Take a moment and make sure your posts are formatted and whatnot? Friendly advice.

Irontroll
04-04-2013, 09:16 PM

:) Metal Troll Army!

Babar
04-04-2013, 10:17 PM
I have trouble understanding what you mean at a glance. Take a moment and make sure your posts are formatted and whatnot? Friendly advice.

You are right... I will make an effort, on the other hand I am not alone to have problem dealing with english (animation=region lock), but good advice. I will say it again better.

Babar
04-04-2013, 10:55 PM
So because I am maybe not understood I am quoting myself:

'simply out of control' I don't want to be a cry baby, but 'simply' is too much in this sentence... it is not what seems to communicate Sledge and the CM I talked too

I meant that saying 'it's simply out of control' is too much imo, 'out of control' ok, but for him it's as 'simple' as that... it's not in their hands, I must have bought the pc version... I am so dumb.
We have to beg to get an answer about region locking, we get it 80 hours before release.
Someone at Trion (a manager) said the locking is because of microsoft, then Sledge 'proudly' said it was Trion's choice, may I ask the reason for this choice?
Gamers started asking about locking at least one month ago... some topics disappeared.
Sledge makes us think that they will do ALL they can to find a solution (maybe that's true but communication is important), CM said the locking is because of your account, it seems to be untrue or just partially true.

Yeah I said that I think it's clear, I like the game... but I want answers, and I feel Trion was not honest with me, that is my feeling, that is my problem and their problem, I want to show that I am not a troll but that my question is legit.
I was not aware it is a fanboy site, I like the game again.

Yeah he is not answering me , I am writing politely, explaining my feeling about his game... and when he talked about the region lock it is not to me (the only one crying about it in this very topic) but to another dude who asked something else...

I am sure Oveur, if he reads my post, he'll understand me, as we speak some kind of 'international english', like europeans do...
I apologize to the native english speakers, I am doing my best... but if you do not understand me, ask again as before, thank you.
I am posting here because if I post about the region lock in the french part of the forum... come on guys.

To finish, I hope you read or will read my previous long long post Oveur, let me know if it is unclear then answer (or ask someone to do it)

Again good game, bad region locking.
I have not really said what I think about how Trion dealt with telling us about the region lock...
I will maybe (someone at Trion might be interested), but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt, they are not Ubi/EA and their manager is so cool.
:)

This post is approved by my wife, native english speaker, phd in english.

Taaltos
04-04-2013, 10:57 PM
So because I am maybe not understood I am quoting myself:

Yeah he is not answering me , I am writing politely, explaining my feeling about his game... and when he talked about the region lock it is not to me (the only one crying about it in this very topic) but to another dude who asked something else...

I am sure Oveur, if he reads my post, he'll understand me, as we speak some kind of 'international english', like europeans do...
I apologize to the native english speakers, I am doing my best... but if you do not understand me, ask again as before, thank you.
I am posting here because if I post about the region lock in the french part of the forum... come on guys.

To finish, I hope you read or will read my previous long long post Oveur, let me know if it is unclear then answer (or ask someone to do it)

Again good game, bad region locking.
I have not really said what I think about how trion dealt with telling us about the region lock... I will maybe (someone at Trion might be interested), but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt, they are not Ubi/EA and their manager is so cool.
:)

This post is approved by my wife, native english speaker, phd in english.

If I understood him correctly or another dev either in another post or on the livestream, they don't have control over the PS3 and XBox 360 region locking.

PC has more wiggle room they've said.

Babar
04-04-2013, 11:09 PM
:) Yes you do understand me (oh internet I just read your post again and understood that you understood Oveur not me...)

but no Sledge said it was their choice (Trion choice)... after that a poster said it was from microsoft and after a manager said it was from microsoft in the live stream.
Someone at Trion (a manager) said the locking is because of microsoft, then Sledge 'proudly' said it was Trion's choice, may I ask the reason for this choice?
That is what I meant with the previous sentence.

Someone asked Sledge why a manager said it was microsoft choice... no answer, than we asked why is it Trions choice... no answer.
If you search a little you will find the post and the topic... if I can I will post a link.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?11174-Xbox-360-Region-Locking/page6
post 52
But I can not find the 'real' post in the topic that he linked... but I remember him saying that region lock is a choice from Trion only, maybe I am too tired to confirm, someone maybe remember that or can find the post... or the post disapeared.

+ most people do not go on a forum to ask a CM if the game will be region locked... they just buy or not, ALL my europeans friends did not knew about the locking... maybe next time they will not buy and let's say that is not very 'fair', at least it must be written somewhere (like xbox live gold or 10giga needed).

Please if you want to post about the region locking look before to the several previous topics.

@ Oveur, if you want you can send me a pc version, mp me I'll mp you my address, thank you :)

Babar
04-05-2013, 01:41 AM
Sorry for double posting but I thought I must add that...

Sledegehammer just said :
'@Babar We will allow Xbox users to pick a region, we do not have a time frame on when that will happen.'

So I mean, I am not totally crazy if I say that the communication about region locking is/was... maybe a little weird.

MacDeath
04-07-2013, 05:17 AM
Sorry for double posting but I thought I must add that...

Sledegehammer just said :
'@Babar We will allow Xbox users to pick a region, we do not have a time frame on when that will happen.'

So I mean, I am not totally crazy if I say that the communication about region locking is/was... maybe a little weird.
It's HARD to communicate on the interwebz! What you think you heard Sledge say was the Trion made a decision to region lock. And maybe he did use similar words. BUT... It's possible that what he was saying is that it IS (now) under Trion's control to remove region locking. It's quite possible that it wasn't under Trion's control until quite recently.

Now, Sledge, or any Trion leader, is NOT going to bad mouth their partners in this Defiance roll out... I'm pretty sure that heated (at times) discussions have taken place behind the scenes to get to the place where Trion will be rolling back the region locking. I'm retired now, but I have worked in the game biz in the past, and it CAN be pretty complicated. Enjoy the fruit of Sledge's labor and don't keep pushing to find out why it was the way it was, ok?

In other words, PNATTMBTC. ("Pay no Attention to the Man Behind the Curtin"). +5 EGO to the first one to post here where that quote is from. :)