PDA

View Full Version : Instanced Conflict Sites

KabaI
11-16-2014, 05:57 PM
Its time to either set these to be instanced, or to have a setting allowing us to block others from affecting the sites that we're running through. I'm so sick of being half way done through one of the daily sites, and having some 4500 ego ****** come running in, jacking up the difficulty, making my weapons completely useless.

Boy, it sure is fun dumping 3 magazine's worth of rounds into someone's head, and barely scratching their shields.

Having mass combat in the Incursions, Ark Falls/Breaks or the Swarms is fun, but at least leave us the conflict zones so we can just run through and have fun without others interfering.

KingNephilim
11-16-2014, 06:40 PM
I'm of a split mind on this one.

On one hand, it's nice to have a change of pace with an increased TL, especially with dailys, as they can get stale over time doing the same conflicts day after day.

On the other hand, when someone of a high enters the area... but they're not really contributing to make it a team effort it just makes things unneccesarily difficult... & that's when it's no longer fun

JadedSinn
11-16-2014, 07:24 PM
Its time to either set these to be instanced, or to have a setting allowing us to block others from affecting the sites that we're running through. I'm so sick of being half way done through one of the daily sites, and having some 4500 ego ****** come running in, jacking up the difficulty, making my weapons completely useless.

Boy, it sure is fun dumping 3 magazine's worth of rounds into someone's head, and barely scratching their shields.

Having mass combat in the Incursions, Ark Falls/Breaks or the Swarms is fun, but at least leave us the conflict zones so we can just run through and have fun without others interfering.

problum with MMOs there not ment for solo players. sadly i dont see this happaning in the game. but i do know a way to get them back if there not helping in the battle. just throw on a cloak build single shot every enamy in the area and kite them over to the lazy sob and cloak. if u do it right. the mobs will agro onto them and bam.

job dun. sit back watch the battle happen and wiat for your moment to shine.

i do this ragulerly to the nice little leeches that like to sit on the edge and do nothing. was about to do it to one guy today till he started shooting things. i sat back and let him do some of the work for a bit. its fun being me sometimes. :)

stefb42
11-16-2014, 07:37 PM
I don't mind if someone wants to hang on the edge of my conflict sites, on my own I'm only threat level 6 (it should be at least 8 imo) and most enemies die with a few rounds of an assault rifle, and the enemies never reach their top tiers which is no good for contracts and pursuits, so anyone want to leech off my conflict sites you're welcome to do so

Bonehead
11-16-2014, 08:55 PM

Working exactly as intended by design.

KabaI
11-17-2014, 12:51 PM
Working exactly as intended by design.

I'm not arguing that it's not working as designed, I'm arguing that the design needs to be revisited, and updated.

I haven't been able to complete a single conflict site since before the halloween event started (which seems to have brought a lot of players back) without this happening. Not even the KTAM Power site, or Sniper Ridge, which take a couple minutes to finish.

TASHINKA
11-17-2014, 01:01 PM

Having mass combat in the Incursions, Ark Falls/Breaks or the Swarms is fun, but at least leave us the conflict zones so we can just run through and have fun without others interfering.I run very high ego character & very low one, so I see both sides of this; if the threat level gets too high - go to another daily - you will get credit as long as other person completes & you stay in same phase. I am not as forgiving as stefb4, when I catch people parked on the outside, not fighting, I have become quite skilled at bringing lots of red to their parking space (sad is it's usually 4-5k ego players raising TL on my 599 toon) :(

Bonehead
11-17-2014, 02:50 PM
I'm not arguing that it's not working as designed, I'm arguing that the design needs to be revisited, and updated.

I haven't been able to complete a single conflict site since before the halloween event started (which seems to have brought a lot of players back) without this happening. Not even the KTAM Power site, or Sniper Ridge, which take a couple minutes to finish.

I feel you. It used to work perfectly before ego scaling but eggs used to cost .75 a dozen too. Not gonna see either again I'm afraid.

ironcladtrash
11-17-2014, 03:14 PM
I feel the same way at ego 5900. One more person shows up and it turns into a grind and if the person is low EGO I pretty much have to do everything myself.

Wish they would figure out a better way to do this. Having more people show up should be fun. The design is counterintuitive to an MMO when I would rather play by myself most of the time.

Dixie Cougar
11-17-2014, 03:26 PM
I feel the same way at ego 5900. One more person shows up and it turns into a grind and if the person is low EGO I pretty much have to do everything myself.

Wish they would figure out a better way to do this. Having more people show up should be fun. The design is counterintuitive to an MMO when I would rather play by myself most of the time.

My thoughts exactly. When my wife and I try to do conflict site dailies together the TL jumps to 10 and everything becomes 5x tougher. Which pretty much means boomer spam the entire time and gets kinda old. There have been times we've just thrown up our hands, said "Eff it" and decamped to a fast travel point so anyone else nearby could get it done quickly. Especially that stupid ridgecrest rescue--I don't care about your friggin' gulanite!

ironcladtrash
11-17-2014, 04:05 PM
Maybe if they capped the threat level to 8 for conflict sites it might solve it. It's at 6 if I am by myself and 10 is too much when another person shows up. Keep 10 for expert co op maps and the major events ark falls, sieges, and incursions.

Bonehead
11-17-2014, 05:02 PM

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/clip-art-bingo-442587_zps130b9ebf.jpg

But for whatever reason, they seem to want group play to suck.

Dixie Cougar
11-17-2014, 05:12 PM
Maybe if they capped the threat level to 8 for conflict sites it might solve it. It's at 6 if I am by myself and 10 is too much when another person shows up. Keep 10 for expert co op maps and the major events ark falls, sieges, and incursions.

Great idea, only downside I can think of is people not getting the high threat mobs for pursuits/contracts. Does T8 produce those?

ironcladtrash
11-17-2014, 05:19 PM
Great idea, only downside I can think of is people not getting the high threat mobs for pursuits/contracts. Does T8 produce those?

I don't believe so but even if not between the co op maps and major events they should be do able.

Dixie Cougar
11-17-2014, 05:36 PM
I don't believe so but even if not between the co op maps and major events they should be do able.

We need a Raider major for people to get their tankers. People are clamoring for more Hulker fun anyway and he could be the end boss.