PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Acquisition

Foxkid
11-17-2014, 02:32 PM
Can someone share how to pick up Infectors in the general game? I discovered BMGs and RPGs, but not a single infector anywhere.

JadedSinn
11-17-2014, 03:09 PM
random drops. < ==== only real answer. unless you are of an ego level that is able to be traded with otherwise its going to hard to find

and a long grind till the RNG desides to give you one.

(( RNG random number genarater it what governs what drops from enamys ))

Ryker Vorton
11-17-2014, 03:10 PM
They drop randomly in the game, from enemies, as event rewards (arkfalls, arkbreaks, sieges) but also keep looking the vendors as they also appear on their specials. I think some of the faction vendors also have some infectors for sale in their stock

Bentu
11-17-2014, 03:49 PM
Infectors and bmgs were the first weapons I actually looked for when I started a new toon as they took a while to level up, best places I found to get them were afflicted incursions and sieges.

Edit. If you've got as far as Sutro tower you can farm there for them and anything else for that matter.

Foxkid
11-17-2014, 08:29 PM
Uh, I just got through with a number of Volge Incursions, a few Hellbug Arkfalls, and a couple of Afflicted side missions as well as some Dark Matter stuff before I left for school earlier, got a bunch of grenade launchers, Electric-based VBI SMGs (which I think everything with lightning has really really weak damage..), and some LMGs which aren't as good as I had hoped coming from like..COD gameplay some time ago..

But I've looked through alot of the supplies and the only things on specials are snipers, RPGs, grenades, and the occasional spike/stims, I didn't know they could show under those specials honestly.

And a side question or 2: 1. Do BMGs have status afflictions at all, besides really specific ones like the Stingray giving a Bio/sludge effect to a single target? 2. Are there any other ways to get vehicles outside of pursuit rewards and Faction surplus?

ironcladtrash
11-17-2014, 08:32 PM
Easy, spend your time looking for another weapon and you'll end up with tons of them.

Bentu
11-17-2014, 08:40 PM
Uh, I just got through with a number of Volge Incursions, a few Hellbug Arkfalls, and a couple of Afflicted side missions as well as some Dark Matter stuff before I left for school earlier, got a bunch of grenade launchers, Electric-based VBI SMGs (which I think everything with lightning has really really weak damage..), and some LMGs which aren't as good as I had hoped coming from like..COD gameplay some time ago..

But I've looked through alot of the supplies and the only things on specials are snipers, RPGs, grenades, and the occasional spike/stims, I didn't know they could show under those specials honestly.

And a side question or 2: 1. Do BMGs have status afflictions at all, besides really specific ones like the Stingray giving a Bio/sludge effect to a single target? 2. Are there any other ways to get vehicles outside of pursuit rewards and Faction surplus?

I'm not sure how to answer the bmg questions except to say the spanner trapper has that bio effect and you can buy vehicles from the vendor at Headlands and from the secret vendors at hermits hideaway etc.

Foxkid
11-18-2014, 01:29 AM
I actually don't know where the headlands are in the game and where would hermit's hideaway be located nearby?

Also, like 3 hours after posting, I ended up dropping an Immunizer from a Hellbug Arkfall and the first thing I noticed was the on-hit damage was terrible (hitting 1-4 per shot :p), the explosion/emergence of the bugs from the infections HURT, and the bugs themselves also hurt, but not as much as when they spawn from the target.

Then 30 minutes after the Immunizer, I dropped an Afflictor which I looked at the damage and thought, wow, this looks painful, and the description of "spawns parasites every 5 hits" felt like it might be a little stronger than the Immunizer. But after using it, it didn't really live up to what it said, and half the range was a bit of a letdown at the same time.

Kinda hoping to see what the Outbreakers, Proliferators, and other versions do for utility now...if the game could stop crashing on me....

Xaat Xuun
11-18-2014, 03:06 AM
ah . . the VBI INF-3 Canker (http://www.defiancedata.com/weapons.php?m=78) is the only one I've used and liked

which server do you play in ?

oh forgot to mention

just northwest of Muir is a vendor at Crystal pond, these hidden vendors, you need to kill a couple baddies before they show up.
look on your map, it's a small water hole you'll see just north of the dam at Muir

edit again: here this may better show them me Crystal Pond (Supplies) (http://www.defiancedata.com/vendor.php?id=17)

Dixie Cougar
11-18-2014, 04:52 AM
I'll tell you a secret... infectors really aren't that good outside of pvp. Yes you can score farm with them but pick up something that shoots bullets or grenades and you can become a killing machine.

Bentu
11-18-2014, 05:04 AM
I'll tell you a secret... infectors really aren't that good outside of pvp. Yes you can score farm with them but pick up something that shoots bullets or grenades and you can become a killing machine.

Bmgs and infectors are good for golding the Thorn arenas.

Dixie Cougar
11-18-2014, 05:09 AM
Bmgs and infectors are good for golding the Thorn arenas.

This is true, especially against those skitterlings. Although I found a boomer worked great as well.

Foxkid
11-18-2014, 10:23 AM
I usually just run a bmg against enemies like skitterlings and the lower ranked enemies because they die fast from it. Also I noticed that just healing your allies in incursions and the blue areas (the blue wave spawns that get hella annoying with less than 10 people) nets you alot of points also. I went into one and just spammed the spanner protector, got 5 kills and top place from massive influxes of Medic and Teamwork points from linking 4-5 other people at a time.

mortaug
11-18-2014, 10:32 AM
Also I noticed that just healing your allies in incursions and the blue areas (the blue wave spawns that get hella annoying with less than 10 people) nets you alot of points also. I went into one and just spammed the spanner protector, got 5 kills and top place from massive influxes of Medic and Teamwork points from linking 4-5 other people at a time.

Please don't do this. It is extremely annoying & really aggravates a LOT of the playerbase.
Reason being the blue lines blind everybody and the gold shield makes it even worse.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-18-2014, 10:45 AM
dark matter majors , ive gotten alot of infectors at them

crazyged
11-18-2014, 11:07 AM
I'm picking up infectors left, right and center - dunno what to do with them all!