PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun +Cap Mags and XP Mag Rolls...

Chump Norris
11-17-2014, 09:01 PM
I received a 1.15 Mag bonus for an OJ Shotgun. It ended up adding 1 mag to the Shotgun...So I then decide to test and see what a T5 mod would add and it was 3 whole bullets.

Would it be to OP if mods and XP were like this?

Common Mag: +1
Uncommon Mag: +2
Rare Mag: +3
Epic Mag: +4
Legendary Mag: +5
XP Roll: +3

Or is there a shotgun out there with a high enough base Mag that the way it works right now is more of a benefit?

Sorry this was just my first mag mastery and seeing 1 extra bullet was a bit underwhelming..

ArthriticNed
11-17-2014, 09:59 PM
I received a 1.15 Mag bonus for an OJ Shotgun. It ended up adding 1 mag to the Shotgun...So I then decide to test and see what a T5 mod would add and it was 3 whole bullets.

Or is there a shotgun out there with a high enough base Mag that the way it works right now is more of a benefit?

Sorry this was just my first mag mastery and seeing 1 extra bullet was a bit underwhelming..

Myself and many others are wondering the same thing. As they sit mag xp rolls and mag+ mods for shotties make absolutely no sense on almost all shotties. For instance the Hellfire Fragger, a common mod of 1.05 added 0 rounds, an uncommon mod 1.10 added 1 round, and both the rare and epic mods 1.20 & 1.30 both added 2 rounds. I think a format which youve stated above would be better suited for our shotguns, maybe even slightly higher numbers than you suggest.

Johnny Stranger
11-17-2014, 10:10 PM
its all percentile so if your shotty holds 8 rounds, adding a 1.2 gives you 20 % more rounds which would be 2 and a 1.5 would give you 4 more rounds .. unfortunately, say you get two rolls of mag , and go from 8 - 9 rounds, the next roll is based on original guns rounds (not stackable ). My OJ roll actually gave me 10 rounds not a percent but any mods i add to raise number of shots is working with the original guns cap which doesn't make me happy cause i thought i would have had a 30 round shotgun ... i know what your saying about not using percent and just putting a number of rounds you get but i just do the math in my head b4 and i don't think its gonna change imo...
also re reading , no diff between 1.2 and 1.3 on a 8 shot gun as i think they always round down...

crasher
11-17-2014, 11:03 PM
I was under the impression that a previous patch, about 12 months ago, was supposed to return shotgun mags to the way they used to be way back in the long ago... they were supposed to add +2, +4, +6 shots...

Anyone else remember that was the plan?

Atticus Batman
11-17-2014, 11:18 PM
I was under the impression that a previous patch, about 12 months ago, was supposed to return shotgun mags to the way they used to be way back in the long ago... they were supposed to add +2, +4, +6 shots...

It was "A" plan that they mentioned, but since we didn't get it, obviously it wasn't "THE" plan.

Chump Norris
11-17-2014, 11:31 PM

I thought I remembered it but since I couldn't find the quote from someone official I didn't mention it.

It was "A" plan that they mentioned, but since we didn't get it, obviously it wasn't "THE" plan.

That or they got side tracked fixing other things and kind of forgot about about it. I'm hoping that maybe Rashere will look in to it. I know he already has a lot on his plate but one can hope..

Atticus Batman
11-17-2014, 11:46 PM
I thought I remembered it but since I couldn't find the quote from someone official I didn't mention it.

That or they got side tracked fixing other things and kind of forgot about about it. I'm hoping that maybe Rashere will look in to it. I know he already has a lot on his plate but one can hope..

Was this the one?

We also had a shotgun magazine mod adjustment that was incorrectly applied, this will be adjusted to pre-patch settings in a hot fix in the next 48 hours.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?62591-Patch-1.014-Final-Patch-Notes&p=573700&viewfull=1#post573700

Or this one?

Mag Size Changes: We have made changes to the mag size of all bonus size mods and rarity bonuses. This was largely due to shotguns getting a more shots per magazine then intended.
1. Rarity Bonuses that increased Mag Size have been decreased.
2. Clip Mods that increased Mag Size have been decreased.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?73279-Patch-1.020-Buckshot-(Stay-on-Target)&highlight=magazine

Or this one?

• Shotgun magazine rarity bonuses have been fixed so they are additive rather than multiplicative. The persons responsible have been subjected to a rick-roll.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?142494-Patch-1.2-DLC-2-Arkbreaker-12-10-13&highlight=magazine

Pretty sure what you wanted was one of those patch notes. Btw if you know how to just search the subforum you are in, it doesn't usually take long. ;) :p

Instead of using the main search, look at the grey bar right under the thread/forum's name. use the search feature there, to search the thread or forum that you are currently in.

Brindled
11-17-2014, 11:59 PM
I'd love for my bio crimefighter to have more rounds or any of them for that matter.

;)

PiccolaRivolta
11-18-2014, 07:05 AM

Don't shotguns have the +8 mag as orange mastery bonus? x1.15 is a bit ridicoulous. And I agree, magazine mods for shotguns should be like the detonator and pistol ones, starting from T1 with +2 would be balanced. +6 for T5

crasher
11-18-2014, 07:15 AM
Was this the one?

We also had a shotgun magazine mod adjustment that was incorrectly applied, this will be adjusted to pre-patch settings in a hot fix in the next 48 hours.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?62591-Patch-1.014-Final-Patch-Notes&p=573700&viewfull=1#post573700

Or this one?

Mag Size Changes: We have made changes to the mag size of all bonus size mods and rarity bonuses. This was largely due to shotguns getting a more shots per magazine then intended.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?73279-Patch-1.020-Buckshot-(Stay-on-Target)&highlight=magazine

Or this one?

Shotgun magazine rarity bonuses have been fixed so they are additive rather than multiplicative. The persons responsible have been subjected to a rick-roll.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?142494-Patch-1.2-DLC-2-Arkbreaker-12-10-13&highlight=magazine

Pretty sure what you wanted was one of those patch notes. Btw if you know how to just search the subforum you are in, it doesn't usually take long. ;) :p

Instead of using the main search, look at the grey bar right under the thread/forum's name. use the search feature there, to search the thread or forum that you are currently in.

It was the rick-roll thread, and my browser doesn't now/hasn't ever gotten along with DEFI forum software.
[I use Waterfox - 64 bit version of Firefox.
Chrome and MSIE can suck fumes and die.]
Every other forum I read, search and cookies work fine, I can find stuff, and any thread I've read defaults to the last message I scrolled to.
DEFI forum resists my search-fu with alarming frequency, and no matter how many times I read a thread and click on the 'go to first new post' icon - It always starts at post #1 in the thread.

I thank you for your assist, tho, B. :)

Chump Norris
11-18-2014, 07:50 PM
Was this the one?

Or this one?

Or this one?

• Shotgun magazine rarity bonuses have been fixed so they are additive rather than multiplicative. The persons responsible have been subjected to a rick-roll.

Thanks bats and I didn't ever notice the search option on the grey bar. I always used the one by community blog....wow have I been doing it wrong lol.

Don't shotguns have the +8 mag as orange mastery bonus? x1.15 is a bit ridicoulous. And I agree, magazine mods for shotguns should be like the detonator and pistol ones, starting from T1 with +2 would be balanced. +6 for T5

I remember a long time ago they had +8 for OJ mastery but I don't think any type can roll that anymore. The ones that rolled it prior to the nerfs (^ see the great Bats links above) kept their +8. I saw a sawed-off not to long ago that still had its +8 roll...

I also wouldn't mine it starting at 2 and going up to 6 that makes the common mod more useful for the new players modding.

Atticus Batman
11-18-2014, 07:58 PM
Thanks bats and I didn't ever notice the search option on the grey bar. I always used the one by community blog....wow have I been doing it wrong lol.

I remember a long time ago they had +8 for OJ mastery but I don't think any type can roll that anymore. The ones that rolled it prior to the nerfs (^ see the great Bats links above) kept their +8. I saw a sawed-off not to long ago that still had its +8 roll...

I also wouldn't mine it starting at 2 and going up to 6 that makes the common mod more useful for the new players modding.

I noticed that a couple months back actually Chump. Believe me it makes it easier to find what you are looking for if you know which forum it was posted on.

Btw love the Sig pic! Trion has been busy.

Bonehead
11-18-2014, 08:00 PM
I have had a line in my sig about this ever since they wrecked it long ago.

Bentu
11-18-2014, 08:06 PM
Btw love the Sig pic! Trion has been busy]

Yes it's a really great of them to do it. :cool:

Atticus Batman
11-18-2014, 08:10 PM

Yes you have, but I had to find them the info they wanted since you forgot to put the linkies in your sig! Bad Boney!

http://media.giphy.com/media/XP0xIuepS3BAc/giphy.gif

Chump Norris
11-18-2014, 08:21 PM
Btw love the Sig pic! Trion has been busy.

Thanks dude I love it and plan to wear it with pride.

It took me this long to even notice how bad it is because I stuck to rapid reload mods. I wouldn't have tested a +cap mag if I hadn't rolled the x1.15 mag on an OJ.

Atticus Batman
11-18-2014, 08:40 PM
Thanks dude I love it and plan to wear it with pride.

I would use mine, but am having issues getting it to let me upload a new pic or change my sig pic tonight. :(

{EDIT} It took a pc restart but got my sig changed. :)

seckmeth
11-19-2014, 12:20 AM
OJ mastery for non sawed off shotguns is still +8 and OJ roll is a +10

Chump Norris
11-19-2014, 04:07 AM
OJ mastery for non sawed off shotguns is still +8 and OJ roll is a +10

What do you base this off of? If you recently rolled it what type of Shotgun did you roll it on?

EDIT: We had a misunderstanding there. I am talking about the XP rolls. The OJ roll for pump shotgun does indeed come in as +10 Mag.

Johnny Stranger
11-19-2014, 05:26 AM
Chump , my OJ HF Fragger has an OJ roll + 10 mag ...I have 16 shots/ rounds now... I like it so much I have been spending 25 af to upgrade ego rating accordingly....you'll have to pry it from my DEAD hands LOL

Lubber
11-19-2014, 07:49 AM
I know that at least epic +6 mag mastery rolls still exist on pump shotguns. Got some recently for FRC Scattergun and 7th Legion Wanyu. It make me think, that legendary once are also there.

Chump Norris
11-19-2014, 05:57 PM
They fixed the rolls on shotguns from a previous nerf. The Mag and XP Mastery Mag roll were left "broken" though.

So OJ Shotgun with +mag XP mastery gets x1.15....from what I can tell comes out to +1 on most Shotguns.

SirServed
11-19-2014, 06:04 PM
They fixed the rolls on shotguns from a previous nerf. The Mag and XP Mastery Mag roll were left "broken" though.

So OJ Shotgun with +mag XP mastery gets x1.15....from what I can tell comes out to +1 on most Shotguns.
Maybe if you're using a really old Shotgun? Newer drops for the past 6+ months have been mastering actual +Mag values instead of Percentages.

Chump Norris
11-19-2014, 06:42 PM
Maybe if you're using a really old Shotgun? Newer drops for the past 6+ months have been mastering actual +Mag values instead of Percentages.

The first gun I got it on was one I picked up from a player so it could be old enough but I also just got the x1.15 on a Crimefighter. Ill try and master a diff type of a fresh shotty maybe the first was old like you say and they kept Crimefighters set to % for balance.

Zoomer12
11-19-2014, 06:45 PM
Probably not relevant, but a few months back I got an FRC scattergun with a +10mag orange roll

Fuzzy83
11-20-2014, 08:38 PM
My oj crime fighter holds 22 in the mag. I'm not sure how common that is. By reading these comments, maybe it's rare. Idk. Is that about normal for any other shotguns?

stefb42
11-21-2014, 04:40 AM
With the way shotgun mags work, the white mod may as well not exist, X1.05 mag would require a shotgun with 20 rounds in it, without any mag rolls to add 1 shot to the clip, I don't think there are any shotguns with 20 shots in the mag without mag rolls, which makes this mod completely useless

Greens not much more use requiring at least 10 natural shots in the mag to add just 1, and it can never add 2 shots, will only ever be 1, for it to add 2 you'd need a natural clip of 20

Blue not much better than green, 7 shot clip required to add 1 shot, 10 shot mag it will add 1 shot, 14 natural shots in mag to get 2 extra shots from it, again I don't think this can reach 3 shots

Brindled
11-21-2014, 04:45 AM
With the way shotgun mags work, the white mod may as well not exist, X1.05 mag would require a shotgun with 20 rounds in it, without any mag rolls to add 1 shot to the clip, I don't think there are any shotguns with 20 shots in the mag without mag rolls, which makes this mod completely useless

Greens not much more use requiring at least 10 natural shots in the mag to add just 1, and it can never add 2 shots, will only ever be 1, for it to add 2 you'd need a natural clip of 20

Blue not much better than green, 7 shot clip required to add 1 shot, 10 shot mag it will add 1 shot, 14 natural shots in mag to get 2 extra shots from it, again I don't think this can reach 3 shots
5 rounds and the X1.10 mag adds a round since it rounds up.

Bonehead
11-21-2014, 01:03 PM

Yep, the very definition of pointless.

Quebra Regra
11-21-2014, 03:53 PM

um, that would be great! ....wont happen :(

mortaug
11-21-2014, 09:34 PM
Yeah my wanru(sp?) holds like 28 but takes 0.4 seconds PER ROUND to freaking reload!!!!
So with the way they are screwing up prepared, it's going to be a safe queen.

Atticus Batman
11-21-2014, 09:54 PM
Yeah my wanru(sp?) holds like 28 but takes 0.4 seconds PER ROUND to freaking reload!!!!
So with the way they are screwing up prepared, it's going to be a safe queen.

it's Spelled Wanyu if you mean the 7th legion pump gun.