PDA

View Full Version : I remember when. . .

Nefarious
11-18-2014, 10:48 PM
Now that Defiance is full on F2P on all 3 systems lets play a game of 'I remember when'. A lot has changed since the launch of the game and the months followed. Lets jot down some things that have changed or are no more.

*I remember when the bridge that leads to the Accord Medical Center had bombs at the base of it and we had to jump off the bridge into the water and disarm them before doing the rest of the mission.

*I remember when doing the Fine Tuning mission we had to activate 3 radio towers instead of 2.

*I remember when there was a Monolith that guarded the San Fran Bridge until you got far enough in the Main Quest to progess past it.

*I remember when we had to fight Nim solo.

*I remember when there weren't any elemental Hellbugs.

*I remember when the final perk slot would always unequip the perk :mad:.

*I remember when 3 round burst AR mag was the most sought out mod among all the mods.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-18-2014, 10:52 PM
i had to bet Nim with no self revive

Atticus Batman
11-18-2014, 10:55 PM
I remember when the infector's Strain reducer mod used to make all infectors a full automatic due to a bug.

Nefarious
11-18-2014, 10:57 PM
I remember when unlocking mod slots cost a crazy amount of Ark Salvage. Ark Salvage was worth something back then.

Fallen_Aingeal
11-18-2014, 10:58 PM
*I remember when it took weeks of grinding to max out weapons. I.E. BMG's and Infectors.

*I remember when the trade forum would rotate an entire page within a few hours, not a few days.

*I remember when Syphon VBI AR's sold on PS3 for over 2mil.

*I remember the outrage about SAWnergate and Grenadegate.

*I remember when the forum went plaid!

DEATHBRINGER210
11-18-2014, 11:00 PM
I remember when the infector's Strain reducer mod used to make all infectors a full automatic due to a bug.

wasnt there a brust fire mag for infectors also?

Atticus Batman
11-18-2014, 11:00 PM
I remember when the pursuit: Ego Evolution 6 also had a PVP requirement.

Atticus Batman
11-18-2014, 11:02 PM
wasnt there a burt fire mag for infectors also?

That is the strain reducer. It was changed from burst fire, to a firerate increase. Because instead of adding burst fire it made the infectors fully automatic.

Bentu
11-18-2014, 11:03 PM
I remember when I had the look a steer controls tied to the same analogue stick and I couldn't drive a vehicle properly for 8 months until they released the fix.
I remember getting disconnected about 6 times during major arkfalls and remember when we had about 5 majors on the main map and 3 in San Fran that I couldn't get to because of the Monolith on the bridge and no fast travel to the Fork.

Atticus Batman
11-18-2014, 11:05 PM
I remember how the old community team ignored us. Thank god the current team realizes we, forumites, are people and not just information on their monitors. :)

I remember when they tried separating Paradise and San Fran to different shards. Then tried the same when SV was added.

Nefarious
11-18-2014, 11:10 PM
Not really a 'I remember' as its something new. The HP-6 Wolfhound players get as their first mission reward now has a Radiation Nano on it.

Bentu
11-18-2014, 11:33 PM
I remember when you could only play on your local server.

JadedSinn
11-18-2014, 11:35 PM
i rember when.

the monolith on the bridge defiend who was a noob and who was not.

i remeber when

it ment something to beat the war master.

i remeber when.

gernades where fun to lob around.

i remeber when

the forum was more full of life with players and not as dead

i rember when.

names like CORE . and child of galafly ment someting

i rember when

i first picked up this game. and never put it down

PTR47
11-19-2014, 12:00 AM
I remember when the BMG was the most powerful gun in the game, and there was only two co-ops but one was broken, so you had to do Island of Lost Soldiers.

I remember when there was no fast travel to the Paradise vendor.

Escyos
11-19-2014, 12:18 AM
I remember infinite grenades, worst of the changes was only allowing us to carry five.

Dixie Cougar
11-19-2014, 12:55 AM
I remember...

When you could PUG the WM as long as there were no lockbreakers, and a good WM run could net you 20+ keycodes.
When we had a rotating stockpile of guns that had to be reset to continue gaining weapon skill.
When you could roll the infamous 8% damage reduction while reloading on a unicorn gun and have no way to change it.
When the Challenger was the best car but still a coffin on wheels.
When Paradise rep was worthless. Then it became worthwile, and now it's worthless again.
When blue rolls on weapons did not exist (still have a few of these guns lurking in my inventory).
When sniper rifles could get melee rolls, turning them into instant vendor trash.
When my Lunatic would say "Sorry... not sorry!" after making a kill (I miss that.)

crazyged
11-19-2014, 12:59 AM
I remember when there were no little shields next to your health bar, and TL just stood for "tender lovin'..."

WanWhiteWolf
11-19-2014, 01:09 AM
I remember when I had 0 ark salvage and the arksalvage boost was a sign from gods.

Fallen_Aingeal
11-19-2014, 02:02 AM
*I remember when playing the game for 6 hours, doing DM majors and sieges could net you enough keys to buy 12-15 t4 boxes.

*I remember playing the game for more than a couple hours a day...

*I remember when t4's didn't feel like being ravaged to buy!

*I remember the anxious anticipation of the Castithan DLC launch for the Raptor, and the dismal disappointment when we got it and it didn't have a gun in the turret area...

stefb42
11-19-2014, 02:29 AM
I remember when the freight yard map was down more than it was up

I remember when the most hated weapon in the game was the infector

I remember when sawn offs used to have more pellets

I remember the day they broke our saws

I remember when getting a legandary weapon was hard, like really hard, when you couldn't get them from events, only from lockboxes

I remember when we used to get ~7000 xp for a pvp match, and even less for a major arkfall

I remember when the monolith could only be found guarding the golden gate bridge, I remember trying to boost past it, trying to run through it's legs, trying to blur past it and trying to sneak past it, all to no avail

I remember the buzz of seeing a major arkfall for the 1st time, the enormous boss coming out the ground, looked intimidating but there was swarms of ppl

This 1 I think I remember but may well have imagined it, but didn't the crystals at major arkfalls used to spark of lightning and damage us?

SirServed
11-19-2014, 03:03 AM
I remember when Hellbug Archers had crit spots.

I remember when Emergencies spawned on the map.

I remember when you were rewarded Keycode Fragments and the maximum amount was 3.

I remember when the Hydra and Hauler were actual vehicle classes (I'm forgetting one).

I remember when Rocket Launchers had an ammo reserve of 40 like Detonators and the spread on the Mass and Swarm Cannon types was almost as small as the spread on a Ground Pounder type Detonator. Those were the good days...

In case you're wondering, I was an Alpha tester.

JadedSinn
11-19-2014, 03:14 AM
i remeber when there where 3 types of hellbug bosses (( now i only ever see 1 or none ))

i remeber when DM arkfalls droped good loot

i remeber when arksalvage was the only thing used to by keys and keys had a purpus. (( now i dont bother buying lockboxes exsept when my keys are full ))

i remember when the weapons in the game all had the same damage no matter what color thy where. and there was no such thing as them geting better with ego level.

i remeber runing around the game with a WHITE gun stomping on enamys with it.

i remeber when no matter where i whent i saw atleast 50 people in the ark falls or events (( now i only see that many when theres something new going on ))

i remeber when some of the people on the forums now went by other names ;) (( you know who you are ))

i remember when there was more to do. and less not to do.

i remeber when geting rep ment something

i remeber when geting cores ment something.

i remeber when playing the game every day for 8 hours. ment something. (( i miss the old days ))

i remeber when i joined my first clan and how much fun we useto have.

i remeber my first ark fall. and how thrilled i was when i saw the gient hell bug hellion for the first time

i remeber when i killed my first war master with a group

i remeber when i got my first gold on the arenas

i remeber when i got my raptor. and how disapointed i was it didnt have a gun

i remeber when there where no hatchling gernades.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-19-2014, 03:15 AM
i remember when you would get your rewards after you would get booted . even if you logged in a other phase . tyou still got your loot. i remember when the mass cannon have real rockets amd not the crappy blinding blue cluster bombs. and the had 1 rocket in the mag . the good ole days

Midnight
11-19-2014, 03:20 AM
I remember when the VOT Auto-Fragger was pretty good (before they changed the fire rate) and was my favorite weapon.

I remember when the Volge were tough.

JadedSinn
11-19-2014, 03:29 AM
oh i got one.

i remember when if you saw a volge emergancy you eather plowed past them and ran for your life. or turned around and took another way.

crazyged
11-19-2014, 03:51 AM
oh i got one.

i remember when if you saw a volge emergancy you eather plowed past them and ran for your life. or turned around and took another way.

Yeah, those Volge used to be mean sons of-

Now, they're just bad tempered! :D

Greybush
11-19-2014, 05:00 AM
-I remember that magical time when we received +1 keycode for every 5,000 pts scored and score was influenced by damage.

-I remember DM arkfalls being very rewarding.

-I also vaguely remember enjoying Volge seiges.

PiccolaRivolta
11-19-2014, 05:43 AM
Reading through the posts makes me think that Defiance was a better game somehow (expect for the bug/exploits)...

I haven't been here for long but I remember few things that everyone else misses, better rewards from events & rather cheap keycodes cost. Dayum, I was buying so many T2s and they were profitable too.

BlackTalons
11-19-2014, 06:06 AM
I remember when Hellbug Archers had crit spots.

I honestly don't remember that one. Was it in the back? I do remember some other things though.

*I remember health bars had only three bars.

*I remember immortal players in PVP (BMG + damage reduction perks reaching 100%)

*I remember competing equally vs higher EGOs at arkfalls

*I remember Infector bug stuff on my screen

*I remember the DM blockade at the golden gate that had a good chance to kill any vehicles trying to go through. Not the Monolith, but an actual squad of DM guarding there

*I remember a similar raider blockade at the bridge of tranquility gate.

*I remember farming for Epics at Tranquility gate, killing a heavy mob had a chance to drop one as loot. Completing emergencies was worth it precisely for that, and for the ammount of keycodes they awarded.

*I remember geting flinged kilometers away when trying to climb up a stair... I recieve good reminders from time to time.

*I remember the endless hunt for data recorders. The whole community cooperating to find the sneakiest ones.

*I remember that running from 99ers was suicide (they had godlike aiming skills) and you couldn't just simply take on Dark matter. You had to pick them one by one from affar, always take cover or go in groups. Facing a bulwark without cover meant a swift, merciless death.

*I remember having trouble taking out a Tanker or a Monarch.

*I remember when ammo boxes were limited. You had a set amount per conflict site and if you ran out, you ran out.

*I also remember when we had to buy ammo from suply vendors. And not grenades. Grenades were unlimited.

*I remember the OP cluster 0 delay grenades (though 0.3 was good enough) that killed any player in one hit. In PVP throwing a grenade when about to die was the standar tactic.

I was an alpha tester too.

Thal
11-19-2014, 06:08 AM
I remember...

Nim was a bad *** and the forums were filled with stratedgies on how to beat him.
when Stims and spikes didn't exist
Driving my challenger around to just show it off
When people got mad at noobs because they kept killing the skitterlings at ark falls
When hearing "Welcome To The New Age" sent shivers down your spine in anticipation of Game launch
Finding any OJ made you think you were a bad ***
when people on the forums bragged about having 1000 ego

Defiance Game Launch Teaser: Welcome to the New Age (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQbm2dFWmL0)

peacemakr
11-19-2014, 08:12 AM
I remember when some weapons had melee nano effects

Holy Bahamut3
11-19-2014, 08:12 AM
I remember when death marches were for fun to stave off the boredom.

I remember actually enjoying and participating in the WM.

I remember when events were something only organized by players.

I remember having hope for this game...

konstantinov
11-19-2014, 08:35 AM
I remember

When syphon blast rifles were OP in pvp

When I had to use a bmg to beat nym because he was crazy hard

When you had to post on the forums days in advance to get people to queue up for shadow wars

When people on PS3 NA used a scaling system to grade legendaries

When people paid 500k for OJ frag grenades bc of how their damage scaled

When getting a blue ar mod meant something

When ~almost any OJ shield sold for a fortune

When a syphon north star flare was amazing. At least to me

When clustershots with a nano was common place

When they removed dam defense because people were exploiting it to level up

When you would down yourself and let a friend revive at arkfalls to get 3 keys at a minor and 5 at a major arkfall while praying you wouldn't get dc'd so you could collect keys.

When people would hangout at the new freedom crash site trying to rip off noobs by paying 25k for an OJ

squidgod2000
11-19-2014, 09:10 AM
I remember when Emergencies gave key fragments.

I remember when fragments were removed and Emergencies gave multiple keys.

I remember when keys were removed from Emergencies and everyone stopped doing them.

Johnny Gatt
11-19-2014, 09:37 AM
i remember when we could beat the warmaster

alienstookmybeer
11-19-2014, 10:18 AM
I wish I could forget the days when oranges only came from lockboxes, and the vast majority of T4s gave rewards in this specific order: blue, blue, blue, green

And the days when you wanted to replace/upgrade a single mod, you first had to remove (destroy) all of the mods already on the weapon.

crasher
11-19-2014, 10:36 AM
I remember the day I first wished that the dev who thought Spanner-Protectors were a good idea had gone into retail sales or tele-marketing instead of game developing.

I remember the day I realized that the guy who OK'd the Spanner-Protector was a jekken sadistic haigi.

I don't give a rats butt what management 'claims', the honeycomb shield from a Spanner-Protector is a game dev sanctioned griefer weapon foisted off on other players who just want to be able to 'aim' shots rather than being forced to blindly point a weapon in the general direction of a badguy and empty a mag hoping to hit something.

The fastest way for a player to get a badguy to stop shooting him is to kill the badguy. But we can't do that because the dev's gave our 'allies' a weapon that makes it almost impossible for us to defend ourselves when the BMG 'healer' decides to 'help' us with a shield that doesn't provide any useful benefit to the guy who's dieing because they protected the shtako out of us.

peacemakr
11-19-2014, 10:59 AM
I remember when ark hunters would discard awesome weapons due to the terrible roll they received when mastering it before the reset mastery option was introduced.

TriGlav 2000
11-19-2014, 11:57 AM
I remember I spend all salvage to buy keycodes.

crasher
11-19-2014, 11:58 AM
I remember when ark hunters would discard awesome weapons due to the terrible roll they received when mastering it before the reset mastery option was introduced.
I remember when mastered weapons were discarded because they no longer gave EXP or level advancement, before the mastery could be reset....

And that was when 450 dmg SAWs were awesome, and rare.

I remember when ALL the A-falls majors gave white or green grenades and shields as rewards, the shields were crap, and that was all you got for material stuff. :)

Piers
11-19-2014, 12:11 PM
I remember when we helped Nolan&Irisa in Season 1.

Bentu
11-19-2014, 12:49 PM
I remember the first time I saw Cass :o:rolleyes::o

ironcladtrash
11-19-2014, 12:49 PM
0 det frag grenades
Syphon was the best Nano for PVP
Green weapons where just as viable and sometimes better than rarer ones

TheOz
11-19-2014, 12:59 PM
I remember when the forums were full of Ark Code Hunters

I remember when Trion streamed Defiance twice a week.

I remember how happy I was when I finally completed a trade for the last lvl 3 mod to max out my Purple Rad Ranger – Paired Prypiat.

I remember when skill was more important than Ego level.

I remember when I got my first OJ – Cluster Grenade with a low refresh rate.

I remember when the Saw was still the best option at any range – I used to “snipe” with it with controlled single shots.

I remember when vehicles weren’t made of balsa wood and idiots would turn every Arkfall into a Nascar race – Lap1 - Left, Left, Left, Left – Lap2 . . .

I remember when people didn’t know NOT to shoot the skitterlings AND that it mattered.

I remember that the Official release day trailer gave me chills and that I played it about 10 times in a row.

I remember that MASSIVE purple blob in the mini-map after the tutorial on Release Day.

I remember the guy at Gamestop making fun of me for buying Defiance when I picked it up – His manager quickly jumped in and finished my transaction – never did see that dude again.

TASHINKA
11-19-2014, 01:05 PM
I remember regularly killing the warmaster on ps3
I remember enjoying volge sieges
I remember when score was damage based
I don't remember what I had for dinner last night

Fallen_Aingeal
11-19-2014, 01:15 PM
*I remember the excitement when I first put the disk in, never having played an MMO before, I really didn't know what to expect.

*I remember when I joined my first clan and being happy with what I had accomplished on my own to that point, only to have that dashed away with how paltry my character really was because I didn't understand most of the game. I thank all the members of that clan for guiding me to have to character I now have.

*I remember meeting Dark Matter for the first time and realizing I still needed a lot of practice and better guns before I attempted to encounter them again. Then came the Volge and made DM seem like wienies in comparison.

*I remember doing the medical center mission for the first time and seeing a dozen other ppl doing it with me.

*I remember there being 10 times as many purple dots as red dots at a Major Arkfall.

Bonehead
11-19-2014, 01:16 PM
I remember all that stuff and when your car didn't explode when you hit a couple of hellbugs and when shotguns were awesome.

As was said before, the game was indeed better in the olden days.

TriGlav 2000
11-19-2014, 02:24 PM
I remember when you had to killsteall Volges to get more points at sieges.

I remember when cores had to be destroyed at Scrapper arkfalls.

Dark Book
11-19-2014, 02:30 PM
most of these things I do remember some I don't reading through this was a real trip thanks for the memory refresh !!!

Sliverbaer
11-19-2014, 02:37 PM
As others have mentioned, I remember when you got the satisfying 'squish' of hellbugs as you ran over them. Instead of blowing up now.

I remember when I could go into a conflict area and not worry about the TL going insane for anyone else.

I remember when I kept asking for a screenshot function on PS3 and ending up buying the PC version for $11 just so I could take screenshots and do the Sharpshooting Savior with a mouse and no perks, and get gold quite easily, but still be unable to even bronze on PS3 with full perks.

I remember when I stopped playing on PS3 and continuing to play on PC because it was more stable and played better.

Z0mb13
11-19-2014, 03:31 PM
I remember when you had to look both ways before crossing the road in Freight Yard, you know before you could melee kill a Cerberus.

Z0mb13
11-19-2014, 03:32 PM
I remember when clustershots didn't fire their projectiles at random crazy angles.

Vega
11-19-2014, 04:17 PM
          

JadedSinn
11-19-2014, 04:20 PM
I remember Alpha testing for bugs then Beta testing for bugs and then playing Live with bugs. Wow I have to say the game has come a long way from being very bugged. Cheers Trion! These are the days to play Defiance... now if only I can find the guy who has been stealing my runner from me while I'm riding it :cool:

>.> sorry i just couldnt help my self it was pritty and clean and sparkled red in the light...

i remeber.

when cars didnt disappear. but then disappeared. and still disappear.

when the world boundrys where ragulerly broken and people found some beautiful places to get to.

CrazyPants
11-19-2014, 05:12 PM
I remember never having a car disappear while driving
I remember when my favorite sniper became a long range shotgun
I remember when shotguns became marshmallow cannons
I remember when I lost all my friends to patch 1.5
I remember when the cheaters had to buy another game in order to play again
I remember when defiance was fun and not such a chore

So tired, I need to stop this but I keep logging in (joke)

crasher
11-19-2014, 07:10 PM
I remember when the devs couldn't decide whether scopes should be plus or minus aim accuracy, so they put them both in the game.

I remember when some sniper weapons would show big damage numbers on screen while hitting the target, but the target suffered no damage to health.

I remember when looking at a weapons mods in the salvage matrix would actually show you what syn the mod had.
And then they released a patch - and viewing a mods syn never worked again.

Atticus Batman
11-19-2014, 08:03 PM
I remember when the devs couldn't decide whether scopes should be plus or minus aim accuracy, so they put them both in the game.

I remember when some sniper weapons would show big damage numbers on screen while hitting the target, but the target suffered no damage to health.

I remember when looking at a weapons mods in the salvage matrix would actually show you what syn the mod had.
And then they released a patch - and viewing a mods syn never worked again.

Still can on Xbox. Click retrieve mods. It will show the mods on the gun, as well as a start button. Put the cursor on the mod and click view (on xbox it's the x button). You will see that mod and it's synergy. Then cancel do NOT hit that start option!

Bonehead
11-19-2014, 08:19 PM
I remember when there was only one Cooper.

Atticus Batman
11-19-2014, 08:22 PM
I remember when I wasn't the only ACTIVE Dawn Patrol member. http://blog.tmcnet.com/mt-static/plugins/TinyMCE/lib/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/crying-animated.gif

Bonehead
11-19-2014, 08:24 PM
I remember when I wasn't the only ACTIVE Dawn Patrol member. http://blog.tmcnet.com/mt-static/plugins/TinyMCE/lib/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/crying-animated.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ga_M5Zdn4

Bonehead
11-19-2014, 08:37 PM
And Pink! I remember when Pink was here regularly. Deunan too, and the Touch Man.

Chocolatelover67
11-20-2014, 12:18 AM
I remember when I was a low 150 Ego and I'd run scared from the Volge.... They would chase me a long way too... Howcome they can do that?

Not many others can do that.

I remember those days of yelling for help in zone chat to kill the nasty Volge that was harrassing me.

crazyged
11-20-2014, 12:27 AM
I remember when I was a low 150 Ego and I'd run scared from the Volge.... They would chase me a long way too... Howcome they can do that?

Not many others can do that.

I remember those days of yelling for help in zone chat to kill the nasty Volge that was harrassing me.

Heh, that reminds me of when I killed my first Viscera at around 400 ego or so - we were playing merry-go-round with a rock between us until I finally whittled it's health down. Man, that took ages!

richardkrainium
11-20-2014, 12:32 AM
I remember when the game was actually fun and the grind actually had a point

Bonehead
11-20-2014, 12:46 AM
I remember when the game was actually fun and the grind actually had a point

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy%204_zpsnrmdry97.gif

Bentu
11-20-2014, 03:00 AM

You're not, I see two other active members in game most days.

Atticus Batman
11-20-2014, 03:04 AM
You're not, I see two other active members in game most days.

If one is Notorious and the other is 1420dogg then they don't count because they just idle the whole time.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-20-2014, 03:13 AM
i remember when i could see my nano melees and when the VBI SO-2 Couriers had two bombs before the ninja nerf to one smh :(

crazyged
11-20-2014, 03:30 AM
I remember when my pubes started growing in - oops, wrong forum!

DEATHBRINGER210
11-20-2014, 03:35 AM

ohh myy!!!!!!!

Atticus Batman
11-20-2014, 04:44 AM

That's only hot if your a woman! Otherwise...........NO!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m933xclG5e1ryi6g5o1_500.jpg

crazyged
11-20-2014, 06:18 AM
That's only hot if your a woman! Otherwise...........NO!

Let's just say, the only reason why I play a female toon is because I'd rather spend hours looking at a woman's butt than a mans... (even though it's only digital)

...I sorta look like a scarred extra from Sons of Anarchy! :D

Dixie Cougar
11-20-2014, 06:22 AM
Let's just say, the only reason why I play a female toon is because I'd rather spend hours looking at a woman's butt than a mans... (even though it's only digital)

...I sorta look like a scarred extra from Sons of Anarchy! :D

My wife asked one of our newer members the "are you a girl?" question. He was a G.I.R.L. (guy in real life) of course but the way he said it was hilarious.

"No, but I like booty."

Chocolatelover67
11-20-2014, 06:52 AM
Heh, that reminds me of when I killed my first Viscera at around 400 ego or so - we were playing merry-go-round with a rock between us until I finally whittled it's health down. Man, that took ages!

How long do you mean by ages? at 150 ego it took me 20 minutes to do a roadside event with the Volge...

Howcome they get allowed to chase you for a fair distance?

And on that note howcome Dark Matter can shoot you for a long distance outside the event area?

Johnny Gatt
11-20-2014, 07:09 AM
I remember:When daily/ weekly contracts were kill 3 tankers in sausolito...kill 100 raiders in madera etc. You would do hotshot dam defense when weekly was kill 100 hellbugs in marin.

I remember running for dear life after hitting an invisible volge on the road... then they would spawn and chase me forever

I remember when Snowy sold oj's all day at IDR and everyone knew what it meant when we said meet at Snowy's truck, and how some players would argue in zone that it was not 'her' truck.

I remember having oj's but never using them because it cost more arksalvage to reset mastery to gain weapon skill, and everyone's loadout was two blue saws.

I remember when trying to do a dm minor solo was suicide

I remember when my double damage syphon assassin vbi ar was awesome and i couldn't equip it without being spammed with trade invites

I remember when the purple frontier saw was the most powerful lmg after the great saw nerf

i remember when you had to destroy the crystals at majors and you would get damaged by lightning

i remember getting my oj 0.0 det fragnova and how much it hurt when they nerfed grenades

I remember when the most popular defianace posts on youtube were on how to beat nim

i remember when the cronkite bunker co-op was glitched at the end and no enemies would spawn and everyone would have to blow themselves up to get it to reset.

i remember getting terrorized in freight yard by players running everyone over with the cerberus and the only way to kill them was to find their 'bodies' standing in the road.

crazyged
11-20-2014, 07:16 AM
How long do you mean by ages? at 150 ego it took me 20 minutes to do a roadside event with the Volge...

Howcome they get allowed to chase you for a fair distance?

And on that note howcome Dark Matter can shoot you for a long distance outside the event area?

Must have taken anything between 5 and ten minutes to take out the Viscera, but I was clueless at the time and I think I was using a crappy vot disruptor.

And yes, they are persistent when they have your scent!

As for the dark matter... I think their name alone explains why they can nail you from afar... They're stone-cold ruthless assassins! :D

duction
11-20-2014, 07:18 AM
I remember when the syphon vbi and saw were amazing.

crazyged
11-20-2014, 07:23 AM
I remember when the syphon vbi and saw were amazing.

One of my very first smg's (which I still have!) was a syphon assassin tachmag.

I used to swear by that gun.

I dusted it off the other day and ran it through its paces and man, it's lost a lot of its oomph!

It's like trying to use a water pistol on a grizzly!

Chocolatelover67
11-20-2014, 07:53 AM
Must have taken anything between 5 and ten minutes to take out the Viscera, but I was clueless at the time and I think I was using a crappy vot disruptor.

And yes, they are persistent when they have your scent!

As for the dark matter... I think their name alone explains why they can nail you from afar... They're stone-cold ruthless assassins! :D

Yeah but the game gives them such an unfair advantage. Why can't we have the uber guns they have?

Speaking of which why can't we have the weapon that Blacklungs use?

duction
11-20-2014, 08:18 AM
Yeah but the game gives them such an unfair advantage. Why can't we have the uber guns they have?

Speaking of which why can't we have the weapon that Blacklungs use?

Speaking of amazing guns I remember when we had access to the Vot Plasma Pulser, you thought BMGS were blinding. Bahahah.

Dark Book
11-20-2014, 08:34 AM
I to remember when i had lots of clan mates now just a handful i don't even know . clan 3WT

Psycroww
11-20-2014, 09:03 AM
I remember when the jackpot items were actually worthwhile to have. I remember when they were actually, and quite arguably the best weapons in the game. Now when cataclysm got released, I kind of lost hope in the future of the jackpot items. I mean I get that cataclysm is a rare thing to have, but it is nowhere near the category of a "jackpot"

squidgod2000
11-20-2014, 09:10 AM
I remember when just doing Emergencies was a worthwhile use of time.

I remember when devs promised to return the Pulsar (or a weapon with a similar shooting graphic) to the game after rebalancing.

I remember years ago when Explosions 101 used to bug out constantly...oh wait.

crazyged
11-20-2014, 10:36 AM
I remember when the jackpot items were actually worthwhile to have. I remember when they were actually, and quite arguably the best weapons in the game. Now when cataclysm got released, I kind of lost hope in the future of the jackpot items. I mean I get that cataclysm is a rare thing to have, but it is nowhere near the category of a "jackpot"

Yeah, i was one of the "lucky" cataclysm recipients - dunno what to do with the thing!

PhantasieTrion
11-20-2014, 10:57 AM

To be fair, there have been what - 3 different jackpot items so far? We understand it's difficult to please everyone, but I think its a bit much to give up hope because you didn't like 1 of only a few so far released :)

And, FWIW, we have got plenty of positive feedback on the Cataclysm.

crasher
11-20-2014, 11:42 AM
To be fair, there have been what - 3 different jackpot items so far? We understand it's difficult to please everyone, but I think its a bit much to give up hope because you didn't like 1 of only a few so far released :)

I have no idea what the words you're using as 'topic' words are, in your response.

I know what they mean IRL, but not in this thread.

Just sayin'....

Psycroww
11-20-2014, 12:13 PM

To be fair? The jackpot wildcat is one of the most useful weapons in the game and can reach the highest crit on a pistol. The jackpot shield was 100% hp regen. The cataclysm is a 2 shot bonfire. Compare the 3. Cataclysm does not belong in the list. The only "good" thing about it, is that it can shoot twice. But it still is complete crap because this game rewards people who exploit bio instead of people that actually do high dps.

The cataclysm is horrible once the threat level gets raised "like almost all rls" and then that leaves what? Pvp? Yeah because I'm pretty sure a precise chaos is 40x better.

And to be fair, I didn't say I lost all hope, I'm just worried that weapons will be considered "jackpot" when they are hardly useful. Everyone I know that has a cataclysm says it's bad. And bonfires aren't great to begin with when you have detonators and crime fighters that provide to be more useful. Hell a FRC sludge will outscore the cataclysm

Skape
11-20-2014, 12:19 PM
If you think of it in terms of a jackpot... Regular jackpots are not always totally insanely high. Sometimes the jackpot gets up to 3bajillion dollars and everyone plays it. Other times the jackpot is a few million and only the die hards play. This is one of those lesser instances ;)

Bonehead
11-20-2014, 12:23 PM
If you think of it in terms of a jackpot... Regular jackpots are not always totally insanely high. Sometimes the jackpot gets up to 3bajillion dollars and everyone plays it. Other times the jackpot is a few million and only the die hards play. This is one of those lesser instances ;)

That's just freaky how you stole my exact thoughts FROM OUT OF MY OWN BRAIN!!!

Skape
11-20-2014, 12:49 PM
That's just freaky how you stole my exact thoughts FROM OUT OF MY OWN BRAIN!!!

Lol I used my brain thought thing stealer of thoughts a ma jig

Psycroww
11-20-2014, 01:06 PM

Actually that makes sense, I never thought of it that way. I guess if they are going to make a "regular jackpot," they need to up its drop rate and make the "super jackpot" have a lower drop rate, they all should not be the same.

Skape
11-20-2014, 01:14 PM
I would like to refer you to this site!

http://www.powerball.com/powerball/pb_prizes.asp (http://www.powerball.com/powerball/pb_prizes.asp)

From looking at the first table, the odds do not get better or worse depending on the final jackpot total, but you do have better odds to get lesser items (purples/blues) :D

You are going to call me a troll tonight aren't you?

ironcladtrash
11-20-2014, 01:20 PM
Actually that makes sense, I never thought of it that way. I guess if they are going to make a "regular jackpot," they need to up its drop rate and make the "super jackpot" have a lower drop rate, they all should not be the same.

I agree with your earlier sentiment. The jackpot items were supposed to be a kind of make up for all the horrible legendaries with bad/broken stats and synergies. It was supposed to be an attempt to show us that they are listening and trying to give us better loot. It was already like winning a "jackpot" to get an orange to begin with. This cataclysm was just meh. Very dissapointing.

If people really are happy with it then good for them. However I can only imagine it was a handful of people or new players just happy to get any legendary.

Bonehead
11-20-2014, 03:02 PM
If people really are happy with it then good for them. However I can only imagine it was a handful of people or new players just happy to get any legendary.

I wonder where all the "feedback" they talk about comes from.

Cyripax NeoPrime
11-20-2014, 03:06 PM
I remember when nothing in the game scaled with ego level,lol.
I remember those bombs at the base of the bridge too, and newbies running in circles on top of it wondering what the hell they were supposed to do. :D
I rmember when arkfalls were drift tracks ........grrrrr.
i remember having to warp to a friend to get to san fran because of that monolith.
i remember when there were only a few models for weapons and all shotguns looked the same

stefb42
11-20-2014, 03:14 PM

Same place they got their "feedback" from that made them decide to put short timers on the warmaster locks? Not on the forums though, we're a vocal minority remember.

In fact I think the I've figured it out, they take forum feedback and do the complete opposite of what's being asked for, you know,we asked for long timers on locks - they give us short timers, we want legandaries to be worth something - they decrease drop rate, we want more events - they reduce the number of majors, we wanted them to remove the scrip cost from keycodes - they multiply it by 10 and the list goes on (I'm not an idiot, I know this isn't really how it happens, it just looks that way)

DEATHBRINGER210
11-20-2014, 03:38 PM

me too , there are pre patch bonfires out there better than that

DEATHBRINGER210
11-20-2014, 03:41 PM
Same place they got their "feedback" from that made them decide to put short timers on the warmaster locks? Not on the forums though, we're a vocal minority remember.

In fact I think the I've figured it out, they take forum feedback and do the complete opposite of what's being asked for, you know,we asked for long timers on locks - they give us short timers, we want legandaries to be worth something - they decrease drop rate, we want more events - they reduce the number of majors, we wanted them to remove the scrip cost from keycodes - they multiply it by 10 and the list goes on (I'm not an idiot, I know this isn't really how it happens, it just looks that way)

they use forums for polls for everybodys xp weekends though

Dixie Cougar
11-20-2014, 04:01 PM

I wish I could disagree with you, but I can't. As I've said elsewhere it would have been more credible to simply straight up say "the f2p revenue model requires these for the game to stay in the black" instead of "you're a vocal minority holding the noble lock shooters and score xp farmers hostage" which as I have said is, well... this at :18 sums it up (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XVLbLw_Eis)

Then again, I used to be a bean counter before I became a marketing copywriter and I understand (and can sympathize) with bean counter justifications for things. Not everyone can, and the stuff I produce now proves it.

Vega
11-20-2014, 04:07 PM
          

DEATHBRINGER210
11-20-2014, 04:12 PM
I remember:When daily/ weekly contracts were kill 3 tankers in sausolito...kill 100 raiders in madera etc. You would do hotshot dam defense when weekly was kill 100 hellbugs in marin.

I remember running for dear life after hitting an invisible volge on the road... then they would spawn and chase me forever

I remember when Snowy sold oj's all day at IDR and everyone knew what it meant when we said meet at Snowy's truck, and how some players would argue in zone that it was not 'her' truck.

I remember having oj's but never using them because it cost more arksalvage to reset mastery to gain weapon skill, and everyone's loadout was two blue saws.

I remember when trying to do a dm minor solo was suicide

I remember when my double damage syphon assassin vbi ar was awesome and i couldn't equip it without being spammed with trade invites

I remember when the purple frontier saw was the most powerful lmg after the great saw nerf

i remember when you had to destroy the crystals at majors and you would get damaged by lightning

i remember getting my oj 0.0 det fragnova and how much it hurt when they nerfed grenades

I remember when the most popular defianace posts on youtube were on how to beat nim

i remember when the cronkite bunker co-op was glitched at the end and no enemies would spawn and everyone would have to blow themselves up to get it to reset.

i remember getting terrorized in freight yard by players running everyone over with the cerberus and the only way to kill them was to find their 'bodies' standing in the road.

and then they wonder why they dont beef up the cerberus

Bonehead
11-20-2014, 05:11 PM
I remember when there were four or five major arkfalls going at a time and all you had to do was shoot something at each one and you got full exp and rewards for all when they finished. Much like contract sites now.

Chocolatelover67
11-20-2014, 05:22 PM
I remember when I could swim to the islands in the world without facing the blue screen of face slap back to land

I remember when I could beat the a group of volge solo with a white pistol

Why did they stop people swimming to the islands?

The only one I've made it to is "Lonely Island"

there's a few visible on the map I'd like to see. Why did they stop that?

Fallen_Aingeal
11-20-2014, 05:23 PM
I remember when there were four or five major arkfalls going at a time and all you had to do was shoot something at each one and you got full exp and rewards for all when they finished. Much like contract sites now.I remember this too!

I also remember that Major arkfalls awarded 5 keys except the DM major{if you revived someone it granted you a 6th key}

We were able to snag 3-4 T4 boxes a night and I don't recall anyone whining about lack of keys.

blackgut
11-20-2014, 05:46 PM
i remember when u had to do a barrel roll on a runner

i remember try to make a chareter day one took an hour due to lagging out

i remember a clan mate and me ran off a cliff near golden gate and respawning in fort defiance since their was still a spawn beaken their

blackgut
11-20-2014, 06:42 PM
i remember when i got my game they told me i was one of three who preordered it

i remember when i got black armor for a day

blackgut
11-20-2014, 06:45 PM
i remember when i got my game they told me i was one of three who preordered it

i remember when i got black armor for a day
sorry still trying to figure out how to post picture not sure if i did it right

JadedSinn
11-20-2014, 06:53 PM
i remember this

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv75/locusani/tinycamp.jpg

the smurf sleeping bag !!!!

Vega
11-20-2014, 07:24 PM
          

Yhou
11-20-2014, 08:19 PM
The Forever Changing Chat System and the GRIEF it caused lol.
SAWs were the most sort after guns in the game before they were nerfed from 440 dmg to 330 dmg.
Arkfalls Crystals needed to be destroyed to be completed. Many complained and cussed when noobs would come in and just destroy it straight away without trying to get a good score.
Between June-September 2013, Trading was at its peek ! Whare have they all gone ?
Between April- August, dozens of big clans were everywhere. Where are they now ?
Dieing 22 times, unlike the 100's of times others tried to beat the 'Bullet for a Badman' Mission with Jackleg Joe.
When the visual Map was HUGE.
The Dodge Challenger Week Ends, and it was priority to save up and buy all the different colored Dodges for your collection.
No Teleporter at Happy Pow Vendor.
No Teleporter at Last Chance Vendor.
No Teleporter at Diablo Lighthouse.
No Teleporter at The Fork Vendor.
No Teleporter at Iron Demon Ranch.
Friends who were terminally ill that played this game and are no longer with us :(
LARGE Clans were CORE, Children of Galifrey, SIK NATION, and more.
As already mentioned, the 4 Bombs under the Bridge near the Medical Center Mt. Tam.
When Volge were introduced to the game. Everyone hated getting killed by them everywhere thay went. And they were just the weak Viscera's. LOL
Rolls were changed on weapons and devalued everyone's collection. End result > DELETED :(
When scrip was so hard to get.
When Blue Mods were 2000 scrip.
When T3 Mod Scopes for infectors were WHITE and very rare to find or buy.
VOT TACHMAGS and CANKERS were the most sort after weapons. (Re: The change of seasons so to say)
Affording the Orange Dodge Challenger at Crystal Pond was so hard to acquire scrip for.
When the game was filled with so many people everytime you logged on.
Not to forget the Old Sign In Dialog Box for Defiance.
The two for one deal week ends, with Game Bits. Eg: 10400 Game Bits for $50.00 instead of 5200 Game Bite :(
The crying which took place when people missed out on the Red Dodge Challenger received with the Pre-Order Pack
The Deluxe Edition Pack (Early Last Year) Included: VBI Infiltrator (Red) Helm and Outfit, VBI Badlands Drifter Title, VBIHrdra Rocket, VBI Sentinel Shield, and a Crappy Quad lol
The 120 Game Codes which gave Players many things. (No Longer Available)
Our Friends who were and are now gone :(
Things we haven't lost since the beginning: The Lag, The Cutscene "REPEAT" as you enter the Hulker Room in Explosions 101. The Disappearing Vehicle. The Disconnections. The all come free.
Discovering the top of the highest building at "DownTown" San Fran, then driving off it on my Quad :)
Annoying people in Zone Chat, over the seasons lol.
When Blue Mods were most sort after, then came EPIC's. LOL
The Greatest PVPer's who have come and gone since the beginning :(
The Day the "SYPHON NANO DIED". (No Longer the most sort after nano)
Defiance Christmas Season Bonuses 2013. Warmaster dropped Legendary after Legendary. This was the time when many received OJ QM Zaggers and VOT Needlers, etc
The First Extra Lfe Event, where you could buy Items at Headlands Transit when a certain Character appeared. Some found out that you could buy the items then sell and make so much more scrip than what they spent, then got ????ed. Lol oops !

That's some of what I remember :)

CRIXDA
11-20-2014, 09:04 PM
I remember when a clan tag was a sign of respect, it meant being a part of a group of friends and not a faceless number among hundreds.
I remember when we worked our way through the game, it was a job and a grind. We enjoyed it, but it was work!
I remember when we helped each other out, we acknowledged each other. If we saw someone from the forums ingame, it was cool and we said hi!
I remember my purple mohawk, I miss that hair.

crystal030405
11-20-2014, 09:18 PM
I remember when we got Ark forge

I remember when we had a chance to pulls ojs from the warmaster

I remember when we got 40 keycodes for a ark fall

I remember when keycodes were only 1000 ark salvage

Bentu
11-20-2014, 09:35 PM
I remember when we were scared of those.

Fixed it for you Crixda :D

Mudturtle Jones
11-20-2014, 10:21 PM
I remember when you could splat a hellbug warrior and keep driving.

Chocolatelover67
11-20-2014, 11:00 PM
I remember a version of the game you could buy when it was new that came with a plushy hellbug and how jealous some people were that wanted one.

I was one of them :D

Atticus Batman
11-20-2014, 11:28 PM
I remember a version of the game you could buy when it was new that came with a plushy hellbug and how jealous some people were that wanted one.

You remember wrong. There was never a version that came with a hellbug plushie. The plushie was only acquired at the Trion booth at Pax Prime (2012?).

A hellbug statue came with Collector's and Ultimate editions of the game.

jesseisabeastt
11-21-2014, 12:41 AM
I remember when trick dempsey said they wouldnt mess with the zagger reload.

crazyged
11-21-2014, 12:41 AM
I remember when I posted erroneous information in a thread yesterday and for the life of me can't remember which one it was, so I can correct it...

Whoever read that thread, the Aftermath pursuits fall under Season 2 - Silicone Valley, etc - NOT Defiant Few.

Um, okay, carry on!

duction
11-21-2014, 01:32 AM

Yea that has made it a major kick to the bollocks.

Bonehead
11-21-2014, 01:05 PM

I remember when he said "for realsies this time".

That Ithorian Guy
11-21-2014, 01:16 PM
i remember when

if you equipped a rocket launcher it whould become unequipable and prevented you from switching weapons and occasionally deleated the other equiped weapon from your inventory

Quebra Regra
11-21-2014, 04:12 PM
I remember my NOVA grenade... because grenades.

Quebra Regra
11-21-2014, 04:15 PM

it's never too late. Your wish has been granted...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trion-Worlds-Syfy-Defiance-Game-Hellbug-Hell-Bug-Plush-Promo-PAX-Prime-2012-Swag-/231383312056?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item35df8526b8

Chocolatelover67
11-21-2014, 05:31 PM
it's never too late. Your wish has been granted...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trion-Worlds-Syfy-Defiance-Game-Hellbug-Hell-Bug-Plush-Promo-PAX-Prime-2012-Swag-/231383312056?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item35df8526b8

$59 bucks get stuffed

blackgut
11-21-2014, 06:03 PM
i remember when my girlfreind first played defiance she tried to jump on what she thought was a rock that turn out to be a monarch i hear her yall and i turn around to see what happen she comes running past me with the monarch chaseing her

Bonehead
11-21-2014, 06:52 PM
$59 bucks get stuffed

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy2_zps0fcc3a88.gif

JadedSinn
11-21-2014, 06:55 PM
i remember when my girlfreind first played defiance she tried to jump on what she thought was a rock that turn out to be a monarch i hear her yall and i turn around to see what happen she comes running past me with the monarch chaseing her

lol if only we could stand on enamys :D i know id pull a star ship trooper if i could :D

Atticus Batman
11-21-2014, 08:33 PM
I remember when he said "for realsies this time".

I guess that means you remember when and why I made this then!

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t667/atticusbatman/defiance/0c7715d3-42ea-4b08-b945-996eb82e40d5_zps3d3f5952.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/atticusbatman/media/defiance/0c7715d3-42ea-4b08-b945-996eb82e40d5_zps3d3f5952.jpg.html)

{EDIT} Also I just made this modified version, so I can use it for more things.

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t667/atticusbatman/defiance/4ea57a2f-f4b7-4c78-a733-0dc8d477233b_zps9ab0ef12.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/atticusbatman/media/defiance/4ea57a2f-f4b7-4c78-a733-0dc8d477233b_zps9ab0ef12.jpg.html)

Atticus Batman
11-21-2014, 08:36 PM
$59 bucks get stuffed

Obviously you don't want it that bad then. Btw I don't think anybody would want a stuffed Quebra! Except maybe his wife. ;)

crasher
11-21-2014, 08:52 PM
I remember running out of ammo way back in the long ago while fighting a monarch at a roadside across from Bug/chug.

Now, this was my first MMO, I don't know anyone, I don't know how to play, they game's been live for about 5 hours....

I ran to the Quonset for the cache, dint realize he'd follow me.
All the way.
Got him wedged inside.

I'm running around in flames, screaming like a little grrl, trying to get ammo and melee'g him. AFKer's dying... it was a clusterfrakk.

Good times.....

Chocolatelover67
11-21-2014, 10:51 PM
Obviously you don't want it that bad then. Btw I don't think anybody would want a stuffed Quebra! Except maybe his wife. ;)

Oh I do want it but no, not that badly :D

crazyged
11-22-2014, 02:10 AM
[COLOR="darkred"]http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t667/atticusbatman/defiance/4ea57a2f-f4b7-4c78-a733-0dc8d477233b_zps9ab0ef12.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/atticusbatman/media/defiance/4ea57a2f-f4b7-4c78-a733-0dc8d477233b_zps9ab0ef12.jpg.html)

I remember that mullet...

Nooooooooo!

blackgut
11-22-2014, 05:14 PM
i remember the first extra life event i did my clan was helping the dawn patrol with there death march i was as rear gaurd when part way through trick teleports right in front of me to join in the deathmarch he wanted a group invite but the dawn patrol group was full so i sent him one since i only had two clan mates with me at that time so we got to run and gun with trick and learn about some of the games he worked on for over an hour the deathmarch lasted 15 h 15 m 15 s made it all the way back to tranquility road

konstantinov
11-22-2014, 06:44 PM
I remember when we didn't have to pay for live chat. (still took forever to get a reply)

Chocolatelover67
11-22-2014, 08:06 PM
I remember making friends in the game (well I think they were friends) who would always pop in the game around the same time and we'd have a run at dailies and that was fun.......

I remember doing a 2 person jog from New Freedom camp all the way to Iron Demon on foot and then to the Golden Gate on foot, and that was such a blast...... we were just jogging on foot all the way.