PDA

View Full Version : Two Characters .. Any Benefits ?

Johnny Stranger
11-19-2014, 05:49 AM
Just wondering, I see lots of people with two characters ( I ran all 4 in BL2 and levelled each up at a time so they could share guns in claptraps storage). Is there a similar type weapon and shield sharing between your two characters or is it because some people (veterans) have completed the game and just restarted with a new character ? Any other benefits of two characters ???

Thank you ....
John :cool:

ps, the more I play, the more I find out I know nothing lol....

Dixie Cougar
11-19-2014, 05:50 AM
I use my alt to get extra cores and rep to buy mod boxes so my main is free to buy nothing but weapon crates.

Bentu
11-19-2014, 06:07 AM
I use my alt to get extra cores and rep to buy mod boxes so my main is free to buy nothing but weapon crates.

Would be interested to know how you pass over/trade cores and rep

Edit
Re read it Dixie. It's not how it sounded like the first time.

To the op, there isn't a stash that you can pass gear between characters. Byiu have to trust a 3rd party or use another account. I borrow my sons character to pass on things from one to another.

Claydough
11-19-2014, 06:12 AM
Would be interested to know how you pass over/trade cores and rep

Edit
Re read it Dixie. It's not how it sounded like the first time.

To the op, there isn't a stash that you can pass gear between characters. Byiu have to trust a 3rd party or use another account. I borrow my sons character to pass on things from one to another.

i dare say he'd just buy the stuff on hit other file and trade all the relevant stuff

konstantinov
11-19-2014, 06:49 AM
More boxes, cores and ability to use more of the weapons you've collected or traded for.

crystal030405
11-19-2014, 07:49 AM
More inventory spaces

Cyborg Superman
11-19-2014, 09:14 AM
i have 3 characters. 2 are for the rep and cores and the 3rd is a backpack to carry all my extra guns and mods.

Ryker Vorton
11-19-2014, 09:59 AM
For me it is just about enjoying the leveling process and also can try different aproaches on that matter. So far i am happy with my second character and i'm sure i will start a third one after i cap my second one.

Johnny Stranger
11-19-2014, 03:25 PM
ok, I will be online after kids go to bed .....hurry up 9 pm !!!! So I did some research or at very least, tried...it appears I load the game and current character up than use the ego wheel and find a log out .... logout and than ?? start new character (does this show up ) ??? or do I need to make character somewhere else (glyph ? ). I know upon start up, I can change servers NA Eu and I can delete character (which I don't want to do )but never saw anything I recall that said set up new character ???
Thanks all .....

Arran
11-19-2014, 03:39 PM
When you choose your character press right on D pad (for Xbox this is) to select create a new toon.

Johnny Stranger
11-19-2014, 03:50 PM
ty, on ps3 will look at tonight...

Johnny Stranger
11-19-2014, 10:20 PM
well , got another character... not sure I like starting over though .....getting my ***** handed to me couple times ... lol ... travelled to SF at ego 120 put three loads (150 shots) into apex flailer...not much of a dent , don't even think I killed a regular afflict...got on my quad and took off like a scared little child lol !!!! found coit tower and dc'd ... shut her down .... think I'm going back to ego 3600 character tomorrow ...
thanks 4 the help !!!

Atticus Batman
11-19-2014, 10:32 PM
well , got another character... not sure I like starting over though .....getting my ***** handed to me couple times ... lol ... travelled to SF at ego 120 put three loads (150 shots) into apex flailer...not much of a dent , don't even think I killed a regular afflict...got on my quad and took off like a scared little child lol !!!! found coit tower and dc'd ... shut her down .... think I'm going back to ego 3600 character tomorrow ...
thanks 4 the help !!!

It will be easier when the mass ego downgrade option for gear becomes available, with the launch of Aftermath. Just fill your inventory on your high ego character, then buy some lock boxes. The gear will go to claims. Logout and log back in with the weakling. Claim all that gear. Sale/scrap what you don't want, and ego downgrade what you do think will work for that character. :)

Johnny Stranger
11-20-2014, 05:38 AM
thanks Bats....I noticed the claims had some lousy gear from other character so I did in fact claim and sell it.... but geezus.. it is a tough cruel world at the beginning LOL.. I thought oh man , with all I learned up to ego 3600. it should be a lot easier...well the aiming, taking cover etc is but damn when you have to self revive taking on 4 mutants ???? it wakes you up to how under powered your weapons and shields really are at the beginning.....
ps, this time I took decoy at the beginning...it sucks !!!!!! you have no perks for shooting behind players etc... I might get some weapons in claims like you mentioned and sell them and respec....

Atticus Batman
11-20-2014, 05:41 AM
thanks Bats....I noticed the claims had some lousy gear from other character so I did in fact claim and sell it.... but geezus.. it is a tough cruel world at the beginning LOL.. I thought oh man , with all I learned up to ego 3600. it should be a lot easier...well the aiming, taking cover etc is but damn when you have to self revive taking on 4 mutants ???? it wakes you up to how under powered your weapons and shields really are at the beginning.....
ps, this time I took decoy at the beginning...it sucks !!!!!! you have no perks for shooting behind players etc... I might get some weapons in claims like you mentioned and sell them and respec....

yeah best choices for starters are Cloak or Overcharge. The other two are not really usable until you have enough perks to enhance them and you.

Lubber
11-21-2014, 08:05 AM
yeah best choices for starters are Cloak or Overcharge. The other two are not really usable until you have enough perks to enhance them and you.

Have to disagree. Cloak is only usable with one-shot weapons like snipers or sawed-off. It do not hide you and don't give buff from Shadowed Strike perk if you tend to use fast firing gun, e.g. SMG. When you are just starting the game you have not much choice of guns and use what you get from drop mostly. Decoy, instead, draw all the heat from the player no matter weapon is in use. If you are referring to Cloak as a mean to escape the battlefield, "switch places" function of decoy may help.

I have strong believe that Decoy is super power for solo gameplay. It is also useful for co-ops while almost useless for major events.

Also should say, that two major factors, I believe, have a huge flaw of been low EGO:

EGO scaling with TL system is rather harsh with lowbies. If you have a gun with 99EGO lower than character, than weapon damage you lose when been boosted to the higher EGO because of TL is 1/10 for EGO1000 and 1/2 for EGO200.
Low weapon skills. While each skill level give only minor buff, it is a nice boost combined at skill lvl 20. So I suggest to raise the skill of your primary weapon class to 20 as soon as possible to use it at major events. And only than you should start maxing other skills.

Bentu
11-21-2014, 08:16 AM
thanks 4 the help !!!

Respect your character for overcharge and then go and find the 3 hidden vendors and the vbi vendor at shondus. If memory serves me right these vendors have bio weapons that will knock down armour plates.

Edit. My own personal start off builds go like this and they basically stay the same for the most part at higher egos.

Start with Overcharge and then put some points in Bloodlust.

I then go

Thick skinned, then Scavenger and overload to work my way to fortitude.
Then cellular armour killing spree and regeneration.

So sofar I have

Bloodlust
Thickskinned
Fortitude
Cellular armour
Killing spree
Regeneration

You can also scoot 2 along from bloodlust and use quick charge.

These perks will give you a good solid build to be going on with.

You can also spec into killing machine and once you get enough points work your way down to Energy leach.

Of course if you find a decent regeneration shield you can loose that perk and invest the points elsewhere.

But the above is a good solid little build that will keep you out of trouble.