PDA

View Full Version : Defiance for XBOX 360

jyzal
11-19-2014, 11:44 AM
Ok, I knew Defiance was free-to-download on PS3, but I didn't know it wasn't free to download to on XBOX until NOW, and I was telling a buddy of mine to download the game, I feel kinda bad now, because I was telling him about the game and everything....

Bentu
11-19-2014, 12:37 PM
Well now he knows.

Atticus Batman
11-19-2014, 04:28 PM
Well he can download it free now. :)

jyzal
11-19-2014, 06:21 PM
yup he sure can

Quebra Regra
11-21-2014, 04:01 PM
Ok, I knew Defiance was free-to-download on PS3, but I didn't know it wasn't free to download to on XBOX until NOW, and I was telling a buddy of mine to download the game, I feel kinda bad now, because I was telling him about the game and everything....

why does this not show up as F2P on XBOX live? weird under the radar.

So, I no longer have to spin the disc?

PhantasieTrion
11-21-2014, 04:05 PM
XBox F2P marketing ramps up over time; not everything starts the day its released.

If you search for the title on the marketplace, you will be able to DL it and play with no disc.

Full details are here (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2014/11/18/play-for-free-on-xbox-360/).

Quebra Regra
11-21-2014, 04:07 PM
XBox F2P marketing ramps up over time; not everything starts the day its released.

If you search for the title on the marketplace, you will be able to DL it and play with no disc.

Full details are here (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2014/11/18/play-for-free-on-xbox-360/).

incredible! I thought it would never happen and just bought a disc for a neighbour. Well done on that and the upcoming turkey day stuffs. :)

Techtip tho, do I have to delete and reinstall to run without the disc spinning?

PhantasieTrion
11-21-2014, 04:14 PM
We tried to make the F2P client work as seamlessly as possible with the disc based version to keep things easy on the vets:

You will need to download the base F2P version of the game from Microsoft via the marketplace, of course. Pull the disc out of the drive when you do this, so xbox doesn't try to run that instead.
You do not need to delete your disc based install.
The F2P client will recognize your disc install and use the already installed patch data. Meaning you do not need to re-download all the patches. This should save a lot of time.

Quebra Regra
11-21-2014, 04:19 PM
We tried to make the F2P client work as seamlessly as possible with the disc based version to keep things easy on the vets:

You will need to download the base F2P version of the game from Microsoft via the marketplace, of course. Pull the disc out of the drive when you do this, so xbox doesn't try to run that instead.
The F2P client will recognize your disc install and use the already installed patch data. Meaning you do not need to re-download all the patches. This should save a lot of time.

Outstanding and impressive, I'll give it a go. :) Muito obrigado.

Shadow38383
11-21-2014, 05:23 PM

Is this why I had a 3hr patch time? It was downloading the f2p launcher? or is it because the last patch I did was 2.302?

Atticus Batman
11-21-2014, 08:51 PM
Is this why I had a 3hr patch time? It was downloading the f2p launcher? or is it because the last patch I did was 2.302?

It would probably be because you were 3 patches behind. Plus there was the title patch that fixed the Defiance patcher so that was an unlisted patch that took me about 15 minutes.

Quebra Regra
11-25-2014, 10:21 AM

Confirmed! Worked like butta. Well done.