PDA

View Full Version : Broken Chat on PC NA, anybody experience this?

Monkerlotus
11-19-2014, 11:26 PM
I'll take a screenshot tonight, but I have my chat filled with Grey bars (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?177071-Grey-bars-in-chat) instead of text.

When I move the camera around sometimes I see the actual text, not readable, but the color of it, packed into these grey bars.

I've run game repairs and reinstalled twice now. I am getting a little sad that I can't use or read chat at all. :(

I've done a few forums searches on this but nothing came up relating to this.

I figured I may as well try posting in this area to see if anybody has run into this issue and has possible fixed it.

Atticus Batman
11-19-2014, 11:30 PM
Go into the game's ingame settings. there will be an option to set up (I think) 4 chat tabs. There should also be a reset tabs option. Reset tabs and see if that works. It worked for me (On Xbox) when I had that issue. I hope it helps. Also set the colorblind option to default, if it's not already.

Monkerlotus
11-19-2014, 11:47 PM
Go into the game's ingame settings. there will be an option to set up (I think) 4 chat tabs. There should also be a reset tabs option. Reset tabs and see if that works. It worked for me (On Xbox) when I had that issue. I hope it helps. Also set the colorblind option to default, if it's not already.

As always, Batman to the rescue! Thanks a bunch, I didn't see the reset in the corner. :D

Atticus Batman
11-19-2014, 11:59 PM
As always, Batman to the rescue! Thanks a bunch, I didn't see the reset in the corner. :D

I try. Did that work?

Monkerlotus
11-20-2014, 12:20 AM
I try. Did that work?

Indeed it did, much appreciated! ^_^

Atticus Batman
11-20-2014, 12:23 AM
Indeed it did, much appreciated! ^_^

Good to hear. It seems, every time that they make a fix to the chat they screw something up with it as well.

Monkerlotus
11-20-2014, 12:36 AM
Good to hear. It seems, every time that they make a fix to the chat they screw something up with it as well.

yeah at least this can be repaired.