PDA

View Full Version : My Ego 300 vs my Ego 3600

Johnny Stranger
11-21-2014, 05:54 AM
Ok, this is so weird !!!! I started a new character , currently sitting around 369 ego today , while my higher 3600 takes a breather...
I went to diablo synthesizer last night or yesterday afternoon its a BLUR lol...been to 30 or so (probably more )with big ego...I'm using an ego 3?? purple saw with fire. (big ego uses purp hf saw) ?? . I have never had an easier time killing all them tremblers etc EVER !!!! we as a group got to level 11 , I have never been to level 11 so I am guessing we had some pretty major weapons in the battle ....

Question is : Are the enemies you face somehow geared to your own ego or are based on the combined average ego's of the players in the battle ??? I swear this was so easy for some reason....and I'm using inferior (albeit this ego 3?? saw has 1.15 and 1.25 crit rolls but also a huge recoil, need to address) equipment compared to my higher ego ...
Also, this lil ego guy topped a volge siege and finished top 7 another time with guns most would laugh at ..got some nice purple shields , big boomer ,and an oj vbi tacc pistol ...SO DOES EGO really (dark) MATTER ?????

NOTE, although I do tag most enemies with shots (loot purposes) , I stick around to put em down one at a time !!!

ps, this lil ego guy has my interest so piqued as to why he has such an easy time (DM is still a lot of work although did Alamo with lil ego ) and big boy ( he has fairly easy time still goes down like a ton of bricks time to time ) but I don't recall it being this easy until I got better weapons , shields, perks ...

BTW, I am so glad I started a new toon . I could never figure out why people were running by me all the time, figured they had a perk, blur active or I was just slow... At the beginning I found out you can RUN !! WTF ?? how did I miss this with first toon ? LOL !!! feeling noobish :o

crazyged
11-21-2014, 06:09 AM
You mean you got all the way to 3600 just... jogging? :D

Yes, lower ego toons do seem to not have much trouble score-wise at events. If you have a high dps weapon, you can hold your own with the best.

The enemies scale depends on the threat level - the more high egos present, the higher the level.

Your ego will adjust temporarily (increase) to compensate for this, so you sorta become stronger for a while.

You can still get killed quicker, but if you're smart, there's nothing stopping you from winning events.

Br3ach
11-21-2014, 06:28 AM
Johnny,
I noticed this when I was low level too. To expand on what Sachek said- If you are in a group event (siege, incursion, ark fall, etc) and the threat level is high- you & your weapons scale to Ego 4750. So you are doing A LOT more damage than you would if you were fighting mutants or hell bugs on the road by yourself. At the conclusion of an event your Ego resets to its normal level.

I don't want to confuse the issue- but you are best to keep guns & shields that are close to your level- so if you are for example 500ego using a 200ego saw or AR- the weapon is 40% of your level and will only scale up accordingly (in that example it would be like a 1900ego gun (40% of 4750) At least thats the way I understand it.

Johnny Stranger
11-21-2014, 06:31 AM
yea, more like freaking walking LOL I feel awful LOL !!!! and embarrassed at the same time....ok, so that explains it ...my ego rises when the threat level is increased by having lots of higher egos present at these skirmishes...
I do take a lot of pride (yea I know its a game) in helping fellow players out and if I see someone being harassed by a mob i'll leave the fray and help mow some down as I'm not worried about winning (although it is a nice surprise to see your name at or near the top ) .. I just hope to be where you have to be to get the purple loot chest at the end !!! and the AF !!!!
Thanks crazyged...

Johnny Stranger
11-21-2014, 06:35 AM
Johnny,
I noticed this when I was low level too. To expand on what Sachek said- If you are in a group event (siege, incursion, ark fall, etc) and the threat level is high- you & your weapons scale to Ego 4750. So you are doing A LOT more damage than you would if you were fighting mutants or hell bugs on the road by yourself. At the conclusion of an event your Ego resets to its normal level.

I don't want to confuse the issue- but you are best to keep guns & shields that are close to your level- so if you are for example 500ego using a 200ego saw or AR- the weapon is 40% of your level and will only scale up accordingly (in that example it would be like a 1900ego gun (40% of 4750) At least thats the way I understand it.

Yes, ty Breach!!! I do level my weapons that I want to keep on the 3600 toon , Oj costs me 25 af and purp 10 to raise 100 ego points... I have oj hf fragger (WANT THAT T4 Rapid pod !!!!!!!!!) I've been updating regularly as that's my finisher !!! :)

Lubber
11-21-2014, 07:04 AM
... If you are in a group event (siege, incursion, ark fall, etc) and the threat level is high- you & your weapons scale to Ego 4750. ...

I think the buff depends not only on TL, but also the type of event. One may be buffed to different EGO starting from EGO 250 to EGO5250. I've also thought that max is 4750, but it is wrong. I got an alt with EGO5100+ and I saw it was boosted to EGO5250 once.

I don't know if the information actual still, but you may find more of TL scaling here:http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=205

Also need to say that I have strong believe that scoring in the game has very loose relation to EGO level. It is more important to act right, have decent loadout and to participate from the beginning of event to top it.

Bentu
11-21-2014, 11:40 AM
Now is the time for you to start using rocket launcher, bug guns and bmgs. For some reason they level up quickly when you're a low ego.
Go with a sludge, invader and any damn bmg you can get your hands on (just don't use it to heal).

Johnny Stranger
11-21-2014, 12:01 PM
I use bmg at kenn to level , never to heal though. did get a 3% damage one ...the purp rl I have sucks lol...can't even take a hellbug warrior out ....pos...lol... love the bug guns....hardly use them on higher ego anymore, I LOVE the sound of my saws and shotguns !!! I do like the invader...going on now for an hour, got so much stuff in claims, forget what I have, think I got a purp canker ???? its almost like Christmas lol !!! BRING ON THANKSGIVING !!!!!!

Bentu
11-21-2014, 12:25 PM
I use bmg at kenn to level , never to heal though. did get a 3% damage one ...the purp rl I have sucks lol...can't even take a hellbug warrior out ....pos...lol... love the bug guns....hardly use them on higher ego anymore, I LOVE the sound of my saws and shotguns !!! I do like the invader...going on now for an hour, got so much stuff in claims, forget what I have, think I got a purp canker ???? its almost like Christmas lol !!! BRING ON THANKSGIVING !!!!!!

I know that they have sorted out the af somewhat but I really wouldn't waste my time with purples unless it's extra special.

Use blue as they're only 4 af to upgrade levels, that also saves af to use on any special ojs you wanted to upgrade.

Bonehead
11-21-2014, 12:55 PM
4750 is the max ego boost for lower level toons @ TL 10. At TL 10 you can face mobs anywhere from level 5000 to 6000 according to Trion.

Atticus Batman
11-21-2014, 10:05 PM
I think the buff depends not only on TL, but also the type of event. One may be buffed to different EGO starting from EGO 250 to EGO5250. I've also thought that max is 4750, but it is wrong. I got an alt with EGO5100+ and I saw it was boosted to EGO5250 once.

I don't know if the information actual still, but you may find more of TL scaling here:http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=205

Also need to say that I have strong believe that scoring in the game has very loose relation to EGO level. It is more important to act right, have decent loadout and to participate from the beginning of event to top it.

Let me help you. The max buff in PvE is 4750. However in PvP, you are buffed to the ego of the highest level player in the match.

Obvious Obbe
11-21-2014, 10:54 PM
Let me help you. The max buff in PvE is 4750. However in PvP, you are buffed to the ego of the highest level player in the match.

Let me put that to rest, my toon is stuck at 5171 EGO and i do get boosted to 5250 every now and again on PVE events like monoliths. So sorry Batty, yer wrong, you do get scaled to 5250 in PVE.

Atticus Batman
11-21-2014, 10:59 PM
Let me put that to rest, my toon is stuck at 5171 EGO and i do get boosted to 5250 every now and again on PVE events like monoliths. So sorry Batty, yer wrong, you do get scaled to 5250 in PVE.

Then it is either a bug, or they changed it recently.

ironcladtrash
11-21-2014, 10:59 PM

I think that is only in Silicon Valley. The rest of the world should be 4750

Atticus Batman
11-21-2014, 11:04 PM
I think that is only in Silicon Valley. The rest of the world should be 4750

Thank you Ironclad. I knew I wasn't crazy, well not completely. Also it makes sense for SV to require a higher ego since the grid are a pain at TL10.

Idus
11-21-2014, 11:50 PM
Sorry for sidestepping...

Ok, I gotto get to know more about this? As a proper noob (been playing for fun for about a week now) I still have not found an explanation or figured out what the "ego-level" on weapons mean or how it affect my gaming. I just passed 500 EGO - but I still use my 108 EGO legendary sniper-rifle :p , since it has the best specs and has a really nice score for one shot, one kill head-shots. Am I slowing my gaming down then?

Can someone recommend me an URL where this is really easy explained:confused: ;) Thanx!

Atticus Batman
11-21-2014, 11:55 PM
Sorry for sidestepping...

Ok, I gotto get to know more about this? As a proper noob (been playing for fun for about a week now) I still have not found an explanation or figured out what the "ego-level" on weapons mean or how it affect my gaming. I just passed 500 EGO - but I still use my 108 EGO legendary sniper-rifle :p , since it has the best specs and has a really nice score for one shot, one kill head-shots. Am I slowing my gaming down then?

Can someone recommend me an URL where this is really easy explained:confused: ;) Thanx!

Yes. gear is better at higher egos, so you want to keep your gear as close to your ego level as possible.

{SNIP}http://i.imgur.com/e3ylQtk.png

(the above is a plot of a white thunder's damage from EGO 36 all the way to 5736; data courtesy of maverick07)

Also check this link:

http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=259

Lubber
11-22-2014, 06:45 AM
... Ok, I gotto get to know more about this? As a proper noob (been playing for fun for about a week now) I still have not found an explanation or figured out what the "ego-level" on weapons mean or how it affect my gaming. ...

Talking about weapon EGO rating - higher the rating means higher the weapon damage. So if you have two guns of the same tier (e.g. blue "rare") with the same rolls - gun with the higher rating would have more damage.
On other side - damage is boosted because of weapon rarity. If you have two guns of the same EGO rating with the same rolls - gun with the higher tier (e.g. legendary vs. epic) would have higher damage.
The conclusion is - between two guns at any current moment you should check weapon cards and chose the gun with higher damage. But one should keep in mind, that upgrading weapon rating or rarity via Salvage Matrix (using arkforge) boosts it damage.

Johnny Stranger
11-22-2014, 08:24 AM
just upped my purp saw , how can I not with double crits and a base crit of 2.5 ..add another .4 to that..BEAST and mastered for 10 % dam from behind...Raised it 100 ego, went from 377 dam to 389 ...12 freaking points ??? guess after full mag 85 , that's like an extra 1k dam ...

Lubber
11-23-2014, 01:50 AM

Got a screen to remove any doubts. Boosted to EGO 5250 during Monolith event at Silicon Valley.;)

Atticus Batman
11-23-2014, 03:10 AM
Got a screen to remove any doubts. Boosted to EGO 5250 during Monolith event at Silicon Valley.;)

Good to know, but pretty sure it is ONLY in Silicon Valley where you get boosted that much. Everywhere else is 4750.