PDA

View Full Version : bogus trade

rita mortis
11-21-2014, 11:23 AM
What can be done about bogus trades people that say they will upgrade stuff then just rip you off.

Bentu
11-21-2014, 11:44 AM
What can be done about bogus trades people that say they will upgrade stuff then just rip you off.

Nothing. Just don't pay for anything that isn't in your trade window.

If they say they have to load another character to get you the thing you want then pay them on that toon.

Fallen_Aingeal
11-21-2014, 11:51 AM
What can be done about bogus trades people that say they will upgrade stuff then just rip you off.Nothing can be done after the fact, except that you warn others that the person is a ******.

What I do:

If I offer to upgrade a weapon in exchange for scrip. I tell them that I will assure they get there weapon back.

In the first trade window, i put what I think Fair Market Value of the weapon is. This assures the person that I won't "steal" their gun.
In the final upgrade I take back scrip plus upgrade fee. They do not receive their weapon back until full amount is in trade screen.

Suggest this to people you are dealing with. If they decline, you have to wonder why.

rita mortis
11-21-2014, 12:21 PM
Fine idea from what I understand this scumbag has ripped off 24 people on ps3 EU .

Atticus Batman
11-21-2014, 10:14 PM
All you can do if you fall for it is to report the player, but you will never see your gear again even if something is (secretly) done about them.

You can also mention it in Zone chat right after that he just ripped you off, and see what happens. Also if he is in a clan, you can tell some of his clanmates. Chances are, if a majority of the clan is decent, then they won't want a thief in the clan and will request the leaders do something about it.

Also I like Fallen's idea.

Rouge Assasin
11-23-2014, 12:37 PM

ALWAYS require a deposit on merchandise!
If they are on the up and up, should'nt be a problem!
When gun is returned, deposit refunded, plus cost of upgrades.