PDA

View Full Version : ArkFalls-Where's the love for the healers?

ayearstime
04-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Just a general thought, figured I'd try out my BMG last Major Arkfall I was able to play it a different way and see how it ranked me. Went through the initial smaller arkfall's until the boss arkfall and there was little time that I didn't have green healing numbers popping up all over the place. This was even more evident in the final phase against the hellion with the number of people in the area. Finally beat the hellion and Major Arkfall is beaten, get the score sheet up and no love for the healing since it only ranks on damage given... Not much enticement for anyone to go this route if they aren't going to properly gauge the contribution of a healer type (not that it's a huge thing in this game right now).

BKGOTCHA
04-03-2013, 09:00 PM
during live streams that they have put on i have seen "healing out" or something of that nature on the scoreboard after an arkfall sooo i dont know whats going on. I also have been wondering where the love is

XJaeX
04-03-2013, 09:00 PM
I would gladly give a healer my award for keeping me up to do damage.

SweetMadness
04-03-2013, 09:01 PM
I'm not even sure if people notice when I heal them :(

Philote
04-03-2013, 09:03 PM
I'm not even sure if people notice when I heal them :(
I'd hug you, but I'm too busy killing bugs.

Travie
04-03-2013, 09:05 PM
http://www.obscure.org/~pjammer/graphics/Matrix/M9.jpg

Healers need love like everything does.

cyclopse
04-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Too much confusion. It'd be nice if there was a notice on your heads up display "being healed by..." But nobody pays attention to their chat window, so no sense in thanking healers I guess.

BKGOTCHA
04-03-2013, 09:08 PM
they notice in co op matches for sure. once they realize someone is using the BMG they tend to stick close. its hard to let ppl know that your gonna be healing them when they dont have mics and it takes to long/no body pays attention to the chat box. but any way im on ps3 and have a mic and heal when in group so hit me up if you wish psn is same as here with a 2 at the end

cfStatic
04-03-2013, 09:12 PM
I can't say for sure, but it might have been taken out. There used to be a healing column, but it ended up like Rifts in RIFT when it first came out, that was, you sneeze on an enemy and spend the rest of the time healing and come in number one. If that happens to be the case, I'm fairly glad that they did it. Not because I don't appreciate people healing me, but because you wind up in a situation where most people are doing just spamming the BMG when there is no one to get healed and the little amount of people actually shooting things can't keep up because of the HP scaling on mobs.

xxSHEPERDxx
04-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Yeah, games needs some better canned emotes. People rarely communicate on the consoles when playing online games, but due to how many canned emotes Metal Gear Online had, tons of people were always spamming tactics (as well as joke phrases).

Xithryl
04-05-2013, 08:55 AM
I had a longer response to this, but it was erased :P I also feel healers should have their shine. Either with healing out column or, since cfStatic makes a resonable point, at least let us know its working on the back end and we are being rewarded accordingly.

Dexter
04-05-2013, 09:00 AM
This is exacly what happened in Rift. Soon they will just change it, no more silly highest dmg board cause it's most likely incorrect, like it was in Rift. So in the end you can go there shoot once and afk... like alot do in .. Rift! <3

Happy_Puppy
04-05-2013, 09:03 AM
It's not just healing as a issue the whole scoring is screwed up. Was in a small ark fight there was about 6 of us. Me and another went down do to back luck on the mortar bugs and the other 4 just stood there.. when we typed rez plz one said nah you dieing will make sure I get 1st.. I mean wtf attitude is that.

Monstein
04-05-2013, 09:05 AM
I don't want them to remove the reward for the highest dmg. I like that more then just who helped the most and never say how it is figured out.

I would love them to add a reward for the highest healing.

So the dmg people would get to fight over some rewards and the healing people would get to fight over a different set, tho the same table, of rewards.

Memphis
04-05-2013, 09:08 AM
Healers definitely need to get rewarded, and the BMG should probably drop way earlier (or even be the default weapon of, y'know, the Machinist).

PseudoCool
04-05-2013, 09:08 AM
See.. I just did a major hellbug arkfall with my bmg, and actually had a really good time. However.. I didn't just strictly heal, the bmg DOES do a considerable amount of damage to the Hellbug Matron (aim for the mouth and it STREAMS critical damage), so I did both. I ended up in 9th place (probably about 40 people there).. 5 keycodes, 16K xp (got the matron killshot), and about 800 scrip. The key is to do BOTH damage and heal when using the BMG, especially against the hellbugs.

Against mutants and 99ers, I generally stick right straight to healing a core group of 6 to 8 people, and do damage when those people are up to full, again with the bmg. Frankly, I'm surprised I don't see more bmg's in arkfalls, since they haven't tweaked the ammo drops yet, and you can easily run out of ammo.

PseudoCool
04-05-2013, 09:12 AM
@Happy_Puppy - Hate to break it to the guy who was a nanganno in game to ya, but that dude just SERIOUSLY dropped the ball. If you place first with a rescue, your rewards are GREATER. Those rescues seem to add up in game as well, so him being a prick really just blew up in his face. Personally, I don't tell em.. I let em get LESS of a reward for the arkfall then laugh at them while I get better stuff :)

WaGzy
04-05-2013, 09:14 AM
Just got a new BMG that shields the person i'm healing... So excited to use it at an arkfall!

Howitzer
04-05-2013, 09:14 AM
Wait, there's healers in this game? what? lol

WaGzy
04-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Wait, there's healers in this game? what? lol

The BMG weapons heal friendlies :)