PDA

View Full Version : Going back to old gamertag

IceLord
11-22-2014, 06:39 AM
I decided to go back to my old gamertag and was wondering if my season pass will work with it since i bought it when the game first came out and will i get the all the dlc also when i start the game up or will i have to download them all some where.

ArthriticNed
11-22-2014, 07:21 AM
Are you changing your gtag back to its original via the change gtag option for $10 or are you on a separate gtag/account altogether now? The dlc and season pass will be connected to an account is why i ask.

IceLord
11-22-2014, 07:46 AM
I was on another account which was temp for the month free of gold to play online with so the account i am going back to is my main account i play online with but it gold had ran out and used the temp one for the time being. So the season pass should work on my main account and i can get all the dlc for defiance then.

Bentu
11-22-2014, 09:16 AM
If it is a totally different game tag/profile then no. You will have to get it again.
If it's just a change of gt on the same profile account then yes the season pass should work.

IceLord
11-22-2014, 10:57 AM
i got gold just now for the account that had the season pass part of it and patching the game right now to get online with it and see if i get my rewards and the dlc for it. So here is wishing for the best and gamertag name is NobleArrow which was the account i played Defiance on when i started the game and got the season pass on. Icelord was just a temp account.

IceLord
11-22-2014, 11:06 AM
More unless it is like this on my gamertag.

Temp account IceLord without season pass and played it a couple days on it til today.

Main Account NobleArrow with Season Pass and hope to be able to get the DLC with this account to have access to the Catheians to play as one and the raptor.

stefb42
11-22-2014, 11:32 AM
Thing with dlc from marketplace is, any user on the console it was downloaded to has access to it, not sure if defiance dlc is the same but it should be

M$ customer support told me basically every piece of digital content they have comes with 2 licenses, 1 is a static license for the console making any user able to access the content from console it was downloaded onto, then there's a license attached to your gamer tag, which will allow you to play or download said content to another console, but you have to be connected to live to access the content on another console and if you download it to diff console only you may access it and only signed into live

Reasoning being that multiple users on the same console can play the same disc so shouldn't need to download multiple copies of dlc for the same disc(static license), and anyone who bought digital content should be able to access it from any console, even if it's not their console(gt associated license)

IceLord
11-22-2014, 12:41 PM
It worked i got all the dlc on my account.

Atticus Batman
11-22-2014, 08:53 PM
Thing with dlc from marketplace is, any user on the console it was downloaded to has access to it, not sure if defiance dlc is the same but it should be

M$ customer support told me basically every piece of digital content they have comes with 2 licenses, 1 is a static license for the console making any user able to access the content from console it was downloaded onto, then there's a license attached to your gamer tag, which will allow you to play or download said content to another console, but you have to be connected to live to access the content on another console and if you download it to diff console only you may access it and only signed into live

Reasoning being that multiple users on the same console can play the same disc so shouldn't need to download multiple copies of dlc for the same disc(static license), and anyone who bought digital content should be able to access it from any console, even if it's not their console(gt associated license)

On Console, Defiance DLC is just a 1 kb unlock code, so it only works for the GT that downloaded it.

On consoles, your account is tied to your XBox Gamertag or PSN ID. There's no way around this; it's how the consoles work.

If you played the disc based version before, and now play on the digital and use the same Gamertag, you will have access to your character.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?177170-Recovering-onto-new-xbox&p=1639511&viewfull=1#post1639511

IceLord
11-22-2014, 10:04 PM
Ok i have a problem that i just noticed and when i first started i had 3 character slots but by the rewards for you switching your suppose to get this which i got some of em but the 4th slot i never got so that is my problem and here is the list for the rewards.

Already own Defiance? Everyone with a physical copy of Defiance for Xbox 360 (and a linked account) will receive special perks and bonuses as part of the switch! Owners’ rewards include:

Character Slots Base: 4
Loadouts Base: 5
Ark Keycode Base: 75
Inventory Slots Base: 70
30-Day Paradise Patron Pass
Grant of 1000 Arkforge
Existing characters will retain any extra Character, Inventory, Loadout and Ark Keycode capacity they already have above the base numbers listed here.

IceLord
11-22-2014, 10:15 PM
Nvm i do have the 4th slot.

Atticus Batman
11-22-2014, 10:17 PM
Ok i have a problem that i just noticed and when i first started i had 3 character slots but by the rewards for you switching your suppose to get this which i got some of em but the 4th slot i never got so that is my problem and here is the list for the rewards.

Already own Defiance? Everyone with a physical copy of Defiance for Xbox 360 (and a linked account) will receive special perks and bonuses as part of the switch! Owners’ rewards include:

Character Slots Base: 4
Loadouts Base: 5
Ark Keycode Base: 75
Inventory Slots Base: 70
30-Day Paradise Patron Pass
Grant of 1000 Arkforge
Existing characters will retain any extra Character, Inventory, Loadout and Ark Keycode capacity they already have above the base numbers listed here.

When you load you character for the first time after the system went F2P, all your extra slots are in claims and you have to go into claims and claim them. If you already had more than one character created, then you will have to do that with each character. So check the claims in the Defiance store for your loadouts, inventory, keycode space, and character creation slots.

Also those are NOT on top of what you already had. So if you had 70 inventory space from when you played before F2P, then once you've claimed it all from claims you will still have only 70 inventory. You see those are the base numbers for game owners. So to have your owner benefits you have to claim them from claims.

{EDIT} This is new. I got ninja'ed by the Op!

stefb42
11-23-2014, 03:57 AM
So, your dlc did work on the other console then?

Batman, it really shouldn't matter about the size of the unlock key, it will have 2 licenses for it like any other content, and it sounds like the op is saying it did work, the way I described it is how things work on xbox

My lad has his own console and gt, if I'm downloading something he wants too, I do it from my GT on his console, puts the static license on his console, then I dl it on my console, I can only access it connected to live on my console, and any gt can access it on his console, its just how it works, that's why I contacted ms support, to ensure it wasn't marketplace theft, but they say its ok to do that within the same household or family

stefb42
11-23-2014, 04:09 AM
I can't seem to access xbox live from phone or pc atm but I found this that might explain better than I am

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-169568.html

Atticus Batman
11-23-2014, 04:43 AM
I can't seem to access xbox live from phone or pc atm but I found this that might explain better than I am

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-169568.html

Defiance DLC is strictly accessable by the gamertag that downloaded it. Because it is only linked to the purchaser's account.

Others with multiple online accounts on the same console have tried it, and it can only be used by the gamertag that downloaded it.

I already posted the post where PhantasieTrion said that it is gamertag specific. But since you ignored or missed that, here is a link to their support page that covers it.

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1700/~/defiance-dlc-and-gamertags

stefb42
11-23-2014, 05:16 AM
Bare in mind that linking consoles is not required to play the game or dlc, what pt seems to be saying is your gt and console can only be linked to 1trion account,

Ok I just did this, try it yourself, I made new gt, got free month of gold, logged into defiance from it and was able to play with access to my dlc, what I didn't get was all the arkcode rewards and other things that are applied to my trion account through linking like 1000 arkforge etc

DRM is microsofts beast and games and i dont think developers have any say in how that side of things work, but like I said, try it yourself and see, in the words of Atticus batman, it is what it is

Atticus Batman
11-23-2014, 05:22 AM
Bare in mind that linking consoles is not required to play the game or dlc, what pt seems to be saying is your gt and console can only be linked to 1trion account,

Ok I just did this, try it yourself, I made new gt, got free month of gold, logged into defiance from it and was able to play with access to my dlc, what I didn't get was all the arkcode rewards and other things that are applied to my trion account through linking like 1000 arkforge etc

DRM is microsofts beast and games and i dont think developers have any say in how that side of things work, but like I said, try it yourself and see, in the words of Atticus batman, it is what it is

Alright good to know. So your friends do have access to dlc but only if they are on your console.

So I don't see a point in that then because the moment they play on a console that doesn't have the dlc info on it, then they lose access to that dlc gun they were using at your house. However I suppose it is good for those who always use the same console.

{eDIT} logged into a different account to try and it is making me reinstall the game, UGH!

stefb42
11-23-2014, 05:55 AM
The system at work, I wanted Minecraft and so did 2 of my boys, one is connected to live and the other being only 9 isn't

I connect my 9yr olds console to live, sign in with my profile and download it, he gets static license on console, means anyone on that console can access it, even offline so he now has Minecraft

I then go to my teenagers console which is always connected to live, I download Minecraft there from my GT, which allows me to dl it for free to his console, I then did a license transfer which transfers all my static licenses to his console, my 9 yr old cant connect to live so now both have a static license, my 9 yr old would lose his license if he ever connected to live though and my teenager now has all my static licenses for all my content, this means if I'm not connected to live I cant access my dlc etc but I'm always connected so its a non issue as I still have my GT associated licenses, plus if he plays any game I have bought dlc for he has access to that dlc too

So I dl Minecraft again to my console, as long as im online i can play it, now everyone in the house can play Minecraft

I found this out when ms was swinging the ban hammer for marketplace theft, I was worried id maybe did something wrong and didn't want my console banned so I contacted ms and told them the above scenario, they told me it was ok as all content was between family members in the same household, and the bans were for something way more complex than I had done, something to do with making new region accounts to access free content from marketplaces all over the world

Atticus Batman
11-23-2014, 06:24 AM
The system at work, I wanted Minecraft and so did 2 of my boys, one is connected to live and the other being only 9 isn't

I connect my 9yr olds console to live, sign in with my profile and download it, he gets static license on console, means anyone on that console can access it, even offline so he now has Minecraft

I then go to my teenagers console which is always connected to live, I download Minecraft there from my GT, which allows me to dl it for free to his console, I then did a license transfer which transfers all my static licenses to his console, my 9 yr old cant connect to live so now both have a static license, my 9 yr old would lose his license if he ever connected to live though and my teenager now has all my static licenses for all my content, this means if I'm not connected to live I cant access my dlc etc but I'm always connected so its a non issue as I still have my GT associated licenses, plus if he plays any game I have bought dlc for he has access to that dlc too

So I dl Minecraft again to my console, as long as im online i can play it, now everyone in the house can play Minecraft

I found this out when ms was swinging the ban hammer for marketplace theft, I was worried id maybe did something wrong and didn't want my console banned so I contacted ms and told them the above scenario, they told me it was ok as all content was between family members in the same household, and the bans were for something way more complex than I had done, something to do with making new region accounts to access free content from marketplaces all over the world

I will just assume you are right about the DLC since I don`t care that much.

That said, even if you are right about the DLC, if you played before it went F2P it is best to stick to that GT, because the new one may get DLC access if you are playing on the same console that the dlc is saved on, but it will not get the owner benefits or any of the arkcode items. Unless I missed where you said you get your 70+ inventory that game owners have, on your brand new GT.

However what dlc thing did you try doing or equipping? Remember some dlc things such as incursions are available to everyone.

{edited post because I am not going to sit through 4 hours of downloading when it dawned on me that Pt`s info is based on when the disc was required and you are using the downloaded version. It is possible that his info was true when it was disc only and isn`t accurate now that it is downloadable. }