PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Weapon stats, and Nano effects.

AESamuel
11-24-2014, 11:52 AM
Hi,

I've been playing Defiance for a couple of weeks now and really enjoying it! I am having a little trouble understanding the weapon stats for certain weapons though so I'm wondering if someone could clarify some things for me!

First off, are weapon stats transferable between different weapon types? For example, would a pistol with 250 dmg and fire rate of 15 do the same dps as an SMG with 250 dmg and a fire rate of 15? The only reason I ask is I had a shotgun which had a similar reload speed stat to my smg, but in reality it reloaded much slower.

Is there something about blast rifles that makes up for the very low damage? I've seen some with as little damage as 40 but only a fire rate of 15. (I suppose this goes in hand with my first question) I have however found a blast rifle with 257 dmg, which makes slightly more sense.

Lastly, what is your favourite "All round" nano effect? I've been using a mixture of electric and incendiary to first take down shields, and then take down health by swapping to secondary weapon. However, with AR and SMG's taking up the same ammo this is very difficult ammo wise, and so I would prefer more of a jack-of-all trades nano. Would using a non-nano weapon be the answer to this?

Thanks very much for looking and thanks in advance for any replies! :o

BlackTalons
11-24-2014, 12:59 PM
Hi,

I've been playing Defiance for a couple of weeks now and really enjoying it! I am having a little trouble understanding the weapon stats for certain weapons though so I'm wondering if someone could clarify some things for me!

First off, are weapon stats transferable between different weapon types? For example, would a pistol with 250 dmg and fire rate of 15 do the same dps as an SMG with 250 dmg and a fire rate of 15? The only reason I ask is I had a shotgun which had a similar reload speed stat to my smg, but in reality it reloaded much slower.

Is there something about blast rifles that makes up for the very low damage? I've seen some with as little damage as 40 but only a fire rate of 15. (I suppose this goes in hand with my first question) I have however found a blast rifle with 257 dmg, which makes slightly more sense.

Lastly, what is your favourite "All round" nano effect? I've been using a mixture of electric and incendiary to first take down shields, and then take down health by swapping to secondary weapon. However, with AR and SMG's taking up the same ammo this is very difficult ammo wise, and so I would prefer more of a jack-of-all trades nano. Would using a non-nano weapon be the answer to this?

Thanks very much for looking and thanks in advance for any replies! :o

Even though theoretically the listed DPS of two weapons could be identical, some weapons have different workings that make them behave in a very distinct way.

Shotguns (and Rocket Launchers): Their reload time is per shot loaded. If your shotgun has a similar reload time to a pistol or SMG, for example 0.7 secs, the shotgun will reload a single shot in that time and takes 0.7 * (max ammo capacity) to fully reload, while the SMG, that works with magazines, reloads the whole capacity in a single move. Currently, increasing the ammo capacity of shotguns increases their full reload time.

This will be changed tomorrow in the Aftermath update: Shotguns will list their full reload time and it wont be affected by ammo capacity, expanded or otherwise. Increasing your ammo capacity or reducing the reload speed may cause your character to reload 2 or more shots per move.

Grenade launchers are another special case. Currently, their reload time is inversely proportional to the remaining ammo in their magazines. The more ammo is still in the weapon, the faster it reloads.

About Blast rifles (and Disruptor LMGs): Their stats card list their base damage, but these weapons shoot three bullets at a time per ammo used, not unlike shotguns. This effectively triplicates their effective damage compared to the listed damage. Disruptors on top shoot in burst of three, effectively delivering nine rounds in a very short time.

Many other weapons have permanent burst fire modes. The listed fire rate is for the burst, it says nothing on the delay between bursts.

The most commonly used Nano effects are Radiation (bypasses 25% of target's damage reduction, on proc increases damage received by the target by 25%) and Biological (deals 125% damage against armor plates, compared with the 10% other weapons do, and on proc slows the target by about 50% and reduces its damage by 25%). Following that, against unshielded enemies, Fire is often used instead of the above (150% damage vs health, 50% damage vs shields, on proc applies DoT)