PDA

View Full Version : Everyone looks the same no matter what?

ChurchofJawa
11-24-2014, 10:43 PM
Even in small groups anybody i see, looks like the default clone character. Is this a problem on 360 right now?
I've seen other people comment on it. I've read it's normal but. Most of them said it only happens in arkfall raids and in towns.

crazyged
11-24-2014, 11:01 PM
It's what happens when things get busy.

I don't know about consoles, but on PC there is a proxy memory slider that allows you to see more graphics than the default. I slide that all the way to the top and I see the original outfits, not the default.

All depends on whether you have a good connection, ram, etc.

Atticus Batman
11-24-2014, 11:08 PM
It's what happens when things get busy.

I don't know about consoles, but on PC there is a proxy memory slider that allows you to see more graphics than the default. I slide that all the way to the top and I see the original outfits, not the default.

All depends on whether you have a good connection, ram, etc.

The Proxy slider is Pc only.

crazyged
11-24-2014, 11:13 PM
The Proxy slider is Pc only.

Yeah, I suspected as much. :)

Bentu
11-25-2014, 12:01 AM
Even in small groups anybody i see, looks like the default clone character. Is this a problem on 360 right now?
I've seen other people comment on it. I've read it's normal but. Most of them said it only happens in arkfall raids and in towns.

I don't know anything about proxy sliders but the general Steve is a default character everyone gets when there's to much information for the systems to render.

ChurchofJawa
11-25-2014, 12:10 AM
Ah could be do to the xbox edition recently being able to download for free

WanWhiteWolf
11-25-2014, 01:01 AM

Fear not! A patch or two and everything is back to normal.

Jet1337
11-25-2014, 02:21 AM

No, it's because the 360 only has 512MB of RAM. That's not enough memory to render that much detail in one area. The pc version has an option to increase how much memory the game can use to render detail. The pc version also has a better frame rate, which results in smoother gameplay and not that stuttering **** on the console versions. No patch can save the limitations of hardware.

Quebra Regra
11-25-2014, 10:11 AM
I don't know anything about proxy sliders but the general Steve is a default character everyone gets when there's to much information for the systems to render.

Yup, this has been an issue since launch. Can't really blame DEFIANCE as the XBOX360 has a mere 512mb of RAM... my left shoe has more than that!

All the more reason Id like to see this on the XBONE/PS4 (I know never happen :(

Redhead
11-25-2014, 10:31 AM
Yup, this has been an issue since launch. Can't really blame DEFIANCE as the XBOX360 has a mere 512mb of RAM... my left shoe has more than that!

All the more reason Id like to see this on the XBONE/PS4 (I know never happen :(

please correct me if Im wrong, but I can see players outfits in co op maps when theres a firefight (like a boss or specific event but it goes back to the default character when nothing is going on. so I dont see how that can be intended cause it makes no sense yet it happens. Same for sieges and major arkfalls, i can usually see approx 10 (just a guess since I dont actually count)peoples actual characters during the fight but when the wave ends and there are no enemies I see the default guy. the only people I always see are my friends. it always shows me their characters.

Quebra Regra
11-25-2014, 10:57 AM
please correct me if Im wrong, but I can see players outfits in co op maps when theres a firefight (like a boss or specific event but it goes back to the default character when nothing is going on. so I dont see how that can be intended cause it makes no sense yet it happens. Same for sieges and major arkfalls, i can usually see approx 10 (just a guess since I dont actually count)peoples actual characters during the fight but when the wave ends and there are no enemies I see the default guy. the only people I always see are my friends. it always shows me their characters.

Hard to say unless we know how it's coded. Big demands on resources would be the number of people in an instance, the number of events in the area, etc. There's a gazillion factors, and this has been an unaddressable issue since launch due to console hardware limitations.

Go search some threads for "general Steve" if you want to know more...

ArthriticNed
11-25-2014, 11:10 AM
Theres a bullet in the patch notes for Aftermath about this. They are adjusting the proxy slider for consoles so this wont happen as often, as requested by players.