PDA

View Full Version : Aftermath - your thoughts

Sonic7870
11-25-2014, 04:10 PM
So I just finished the new missions with some being easy , some a challenge but want to see what you guys have to say on them for those who've finished the new missions

good or bad ?

Bonehead
11-25-2014, 04:28 PM
The writing reminded me allot of Plan 9 from Outer Space. The action was good in spots, repetitive in others. Don't much care for the ego scale down feature. level one scaled down to 1500 ego is tougher than level 5 or 6 @ 5100 but not too bad. Nice to hear some new lines from Cas. I'm pretty surprised they used the original voice actors for her and Von Bach. Still think it's pretty bush league to skip the face animations when NPCs talk but if it's not in the budget, it's not in the budget.

I think they did pretty well with what they have to work with. Not bad, not great, just Defiance.

Alastar
11-25-2014, 04:40 PM
I did the first one and it was.....eh. Lil bit of dialogue and some dead grid. Stopped doing the missions soon as I saw that I had been nerfed down to 1750. I'll get around to the rest at some point but that is really aggravating.

hype
11-25-2014, 04:41 PM
if only they made the guys like Melak Vor tougher to beat

Fallen_Aingeal
11-25-2014, 04:41 PM
I did the first one and it was.....eh. Lil bit of dialogue and some dead grid. Stopped doing the missions soon as I saw that I had been nerfed down to 1750. I'll get around to the rest at some point but that is really aggravating.This is going to piss me off to no end! I worked damned hard to get to the level I am now!

stefb42
11-25-2014, 04:47 PM
My thoughts???

I thought I was ego level 5831, so why am I doing aftermath missions on my own at ego level 1750 and threat level 2, should be ego 5831 and threat level 6, this made the 1st boss pants, the assassin? Didn't even notice he was there, he burned with the rest of the trash

If you want to neuter our egos for the sake of new players getting kills that's fine, but on maps and missions that we will probably do solo, you know where we need to group for or invite people into to do as a group, ego should be left alone and scaled as normal

I would much rather play these missions that I'm doing on my own as ego 5831 threat level 6, not ego 1750 threat level 2, its not like I'm depriving low ego players of kills as they've no way of joining me

Guess it'll be chalked down to another blow for high ego players, what's the point in even levelling up now? Low Lev players can farm as many points at events as high ego players, they can lower ego on weapons now so no need to level up for that, they get ego boosted at high threat levels and pvp, all perk slots are unlocked before ego 1000, so what's left? What is the point in levelling up?

In fact with the recent changes, what is the point of ego scaling anymore? Its like all these changes are trying to compensate for ego scaling and make us all equal, thing is we were all more equal before ego scaling than we are now, seems pointless adding progression when you're just going to quash the benefits of progression

ArthriticNed
11-25-2014, 04:50 PM
I havent done any of the missions yet but im with Reb er Fallen on that point :(

I an however havin a ball giving out nice purps(and some ojs)to new players :)

SirServed
11-25-2014, 04:53 PM
I did the first one and it was.....eh. Lil bit of dialogue and some dead grid. Stopped doing the missions soon as I saw that I had been nerfed down to 1750. I'll get around to the rest at some point but that is really aggravating.
Instead of clicking the terminal to go into the map, pull up your Quick Menu and queue for the match at Expert if you don't want to be downscaled. Yes, you'll still get completion credit.

Alastar
11-25-2014, 05:06 PM
Why am I queing for multiplayer to do a single player mission to avoid getting beaten with the nerf bat for an ego I busted my *** for again? ��������

richardkrainium
11-25-2014, 05:30 PM
complete and total waste of time. pointless in all aspects. i waste almost 2 years and a **** ton of money on this game just so the ******s in charge can say f-u we are bending over for the newbies that will only play this game for 2 weeks. are you f-ing kidding me.

Psycroww
11-25-2014, 05:44 PM
My thoughts? This update has its ups and downs. I was so happy for the weapon downscale. And the new pursuits are a plus! More stuff to do. However, while the fixes were good, new bugs were added. Yeah the cerebus pursuits fixed, great! But the new pursuit with reaching reliable in defiant few is bugged. I'm trusted and haven't reached reliable according to the pursuit. I have mixed feelings about the missions. I'm pissed I was down scaled in the missions when I was the only one in the instance. The missions also seemed way to rushed if you ask me, crap voice acting. The new guy sounded like Trick Dempsey talking into a fan. The missions description should be go here, press E, go their, press E. I mean all and all, I liked it. It was worth the wait. The Inquisitor looked awesome, too bad I practically 2 shot him. I wish he would be added in more things, maybe make him a arkfalls boss or something ? Idk. But all and all, it was a new experience and I mostly had fun.

Burned In Effigy
11-25-2014, 05:49 PM
My thoughts? This update has its ups and downs. I was so happy for the weapon downscale. And the new pursuits are a plus! More stuff to do. However, while the fixes were good, new bugs were added. Yeah the cerebus pursuits fixed, great! But the new pursuit with reaching reliable in defiant few is bugged. I'm trusted and haven't reached reliable according to the pursuit. I have mixed feelings about the missions. I'm pissed I was down scaled in the missions when I was the only one in the instance. The missions also seemed way to rushed if you ask me, crap voice acting. The new guy sounded like Trick Dempsey talking into a fan. The missions description should be go here, press E, go their, press E. I mean all and all, I liked it. It was worth the wait. The Inquisitor looked awesome, too bad I practically 2 shot him. I wish he would be added in more things, maybe make him a arkfalls boss or something ? Idk. But all and all, it was a new experience and I mostly had fun.
So the Cerberus was fixed! Thank you kind sir.

Nefarious
11-25-2014, 06:05 PM
Being a Ego 5900 and getting my level reduced actually made the missions more enjoyable. I was able to actually to take damage instead of just walking through gun fire and that made the missions a bit more fun. Although I would of just welcomed a higher threat level to make up for it instead of lowering my Ego. Either way its the same thing. But it does make me wonder what's the use of Ego Levels and Threat Levels then..

The fetch quests were fetch quests but the new instance maps were good, especially the one Until the Arks Rise. Lots of enemies and lots of Purifiers just spawning to ambush you. A couple of times of when I thought it was at the end it kept on going. And I was even downed a few times but do to my laziness of thinking "these things cant kill me".

The Inquisitors are cool. They're jumping attack was real cool. Saw it jump and didn't think it was a attack. That sword noise it makes stabbing the ground was cool to. Defiantly needs more HP though. They go down way to quick. They should be on par with Volge Visceras or even better when it comes to durability. I noticed that the Inquisitors have shields but get put down in a single hit (at least for me). Are they even supposed to have shields? The other Grid enemies don't.. Maybe that's why they seemed so weak in the HP department because the shields they have are not working?

Yargad Gorhash was a cool boss battle. Would of liked it if it was a bit longer. The regeneration of the Power Cells that you have to destroy to make him vulnerable could of been made to regenrate a lot quicker to make that happen.

Would of been cool if Rosa accompanied the Player when going to save Eren just for story wise. And it was a cool story moment on how Eren went to the 99er Mine knowing that they wont hurt her so she could use them as make shift body guards.

Nujekpe and Melak fights were beyond weak though. I gunned down and killed Melak and didn't know it when he was cloaked when I was shooting at other guys. That's how weak he was, he died from mishap gun fire. And Nujekpe could of used a better look. He just looked like a DM Enforcer, should of at least decked him out in Echelon Operative gear.

But the Bosses from these new updates have all been weak. The same thing when we fought Kihako, the Cult of the Devouring Mother Boss. And Henchman from Stahma's Interests. You have these new villians introduced just to have them die super quick in the fights. The Raider bosses from the Main Quest were harder then these new ones. You have to make the boss characters harder. If we die we are not going to turn the game off and never play again, we are going to want to play it more to beat it. That's what makes boss fights fun. Not only that but harder boss fights and dying from them extends the life of the content a bit since we might have take 2nd or 3rd try's on it. These bosses are not cutting it in the slightest. We have all this gear at our disposal with Spikes, Stims, Grenades, and Ego Power and we don't even need to break any of it out to defeat these bosses.

The over all update is good though.

Bonehead
11-25-2014, 06:11 PM
I havent done any of the missions yet but im with Reb er Fallen on that point :(

I an however havin a ball giving out nice purps(and some ojs)to new players :)

Atta boy Ned. Think I'll have to give that a try.

Bentu
11-25-2014, 06:26 PM
I enjoyed the action, what there was of it, never been a fan of go here press x and then go there and press x.
Like a few have remarked above, I thought doing it solo I'd be my ego against the mobs, but no, as far as that is concerned it's like a kick in the nutz for playing the game for 18 months or so.
Haven't done any of the incursions so I don't know if there's any changes there.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-25-2014, 06:37 PM
its just made sv even more laggy . and going to crit faster. boot after boot after boot on ps3

Kosmiker
11-25-2014, 06:43 PM
The Good:
-Salvage Matrix Action - Reduce Rating
-Perk and Effect Feedback
-Tarr Family Vendor
-Fix for vehicles despawn

The Bad:
-New story missions (meh... felt rushed and new bosses instantly forgetable)
-Auto salvage (was hoping for an auto pick loot included as well, mass breakdown was enough, this way you're only rewarding those who do not buy inventory slots)

The Ugly:
-Ego downscale while playing solo.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-25-2014, 06:56 PM
The Good:
-Salvage Matrix Action - Reduce Rating
-Perk and Effect Feedback
-Tarr Family Vendor
-Fix for vehicles despawn

The Bad:
-New story missions (meh... felt rushed and new bosses instantly forgetable)
-Auto salvage (was hoping for an auto pick loot included as well, mass breakdown was enough, this way you're only rewarding those who do not buy inventory slots)

The Ugly:
-Ego downscale while playing solo.
downscale while playing solo in a story mission . no just no im with alot of people on this one

Z0mb13
11-25-2014, 07:05 PM
downscale while playing solo in a story mission . no just no im with alot of people on this one

I have to agree with this as well, if there is anything that can be done about this it should be, downlevel me in co-ops fine, but doing it for solo play is extremely heavy handed and seems to penalize higher ego's.

KingNephilim
11-25-2014, 07:13 PM
Haven't attempted the new main missions yet, but I am not looking forward to having my ego down-scaled.

As well, who's idea was it to have mods as loot? For the halloween event it was great, all the mods were one special synergy that only dropped at those events, for the weapons that also only dropped at those events... but random t1 mods constantly dropping from enemies is not my idea of a good time.

Bonehead
11-25-2014, 07:14 PM
I have to agree with this as well, if there is anything that can be done about this it should be, downlevel me in co-ops fine, but doing it for solo play is extremely heavy handed and seems to penalize higher ego's.

Prolly a minority of folks feel this way though.

richardkrainium
11-25-2014, 08:26 PM
am i the only one noticing the social screen glitching. shows friends in game but cant jump to them. the screen on the right that is suposed to show thier info keeps going blank...no options

DEATHBRINGER210
11-26-2014, 01:11 PM
laggy and unstable as hell. now we are left to deal with the aftermath of the aftermath

Dixie Cougar
11-26-2014, 01:28 PM
Prolly a minority of folks feel this way though.

A "vocal minority" am I right? Holding the rest of the playerbase hostage.

Release the EGO, or the pow dies!

hardy83
11-26-2014, 01:44 PM
I only did the story so far and it was fine.
Clearly one of the voices was Trick and I think one or two other ones were CaptainCursor who is the Rift lore guy.

At least Cass and Von Bach are still the original voices.

Other than some logical holes in that this massive ship that was underground clearly had an above ground part and like always, it's not on the main map (I hate that about MMOs lol Instances being in their own special multi-dimension universe).

There were bugs. Sometimes the mobs had a ton of health, sometimes they didnt, a lot of the time I was getting shot through the walls which killed me really fast.

Par the course though. :P I liked it.

Wish the new pursuits were retro active. Kind of lame all those Defiant Few weeklies people have already done don't count.

Still wish there was more land expansion.

Oh also, there are functional space ships on Earth, yet no one cares..... Other than to blow them up.