PDA

View Full Version : Aftermath was worth the wait, Devs.

Menov
11-25-2014, 05:08 PM
The best update/patch since the first time you gave the ability to change rarity! Thank you guys and PTS testers for all your hard work. Although I wanted the nerf for co op maps on standard, I did not want the nerf for solo instances IE: missions.

Alastar
11-25-2014, 05:10 PM
Definitely digging the boost to my syphon sumi and chimera fang.

Altras
11-25-2014, 05:24 PM
I was more impressed with what was fixed, absolutely incredible. As for the content, while I am greatfull, i was disappointed. The inquisitors aren't a quarter of the strength I'd like to see, and there wasn't enough of them. Also, the last instance felt more like a coop map, considering the one group max. My two cents, make it a coop, throw more inquisitors in there, and give it its own pool of weapons like warmaster. Then it'll have reply value. Maybe I expected a bigger boss fight, with more of my friends. Overall, good update.

Burned In Effigy
11-25-2014, 05:28 PM
okay just got home so I'm downloading my only question right now is did they fix the Cerberus pursuits?

Alastar
11-25-2014, 05:31 PM
Oh yeah supposedly they tracked down one of the invisible repo men. That's cool too.

Atticus Batman
11-25-2014, 05:36 PM
okay just got home so I'm downloading my only question right now is did they fix the Cerberus pursuits?

A fix was supposed to be included with the patch. However I don't see it listed in the final patch notes.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?177417-Defiance-2.4-The-Aftermath

Burned In Effigy
11-25-2014, 05:37 PM
A fix was supposed to be included with the patch. However I don't see it listed in the final patch notes.

thank you I read and reread this about 4 to 5 times and didn't see it. My ocd causes me to do this even when I know its not there.

Atticus Batman
11-25-2014, 05:40 PM
thank you I read and reread this about 4 to 5 times and didn't see it. My ocd causes me to do this even when I know its not there.

I hit control F to bring up IE"S find feature and typed pursuit in it on that page and nothing, did it with cerb and nothing. So I would see, that it wasn't listed for some reason. Hopefully it did include the fix and they just forgot to list it.

snoglobe81
11-25-2014, 05:41 PM
Can someone explain the ego rating on the new mission? I'm guessing it was meant to balance for a co-op. My ego is 4210 but when I played it was at 1500. No problem but a chatter on the ps3 NA was complaining. I do love the new content. I just want to be able to explain to others.

Burned In Effigy
11-25-2014, 05:44 PM
I hit control F to bring up IE"S find feature and typed pursuit in it on that page and nothing, did it with cerb and nothing. So I would see, that it wasn't listed for some reason. Hopefully it did include the fix and they just forgot to list it.

yeah it's been bothering me to no end sitting at 5896 ego. Again ocd. Thanks for always being so helpful towards me Atticus Its always appreciated.

Atticus Batman
11-25-2014, 05:44 PM
Can someone explain the ego rating on the new mission? I'm guessing it was meant to balance for a co-op. My ego is 4210 but when I played it was at 1500. No problem but a chatter on the ps3 NA was complaining. I do love the new content. I just want to be able to explain to others.

That would be a result of something added with the patch. This:

Players with high EGO ratings will now be scaled down when they choose to enter low-level co-op instances.

Atticus Batman
11-25-2014, 05:46 PM
yeah it's been bothering me to no end sitting at 5896 ego. Again ocd. Thanks for always being so helpful towards me Atticus Its always appreciated.

I try to be helpful to everyone, even the one or two that refuse to see it and would rather pretend I hate them.

richardkrainium
11-25-2014, 05:46 PM
the fixes are nice, but as for the aftermath update itself.....yet another waste of time

PhantasieTrion
11-25-2014, 06:06 PM

Come on guys. I found it (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?177417-Defiance-2.4-The-Aftermath&p=1641603&viewfull=1#post1641603)the first time! :P

* Potential fix for the Cerberus Pursuit not unlocking. If you were affected, it should unlock on login.

PS: Pay no attention to the "Last Edited By: Phantasie" in that thread!!!!! :P :P

(Sorry, missed that one in original pass. I added it)

Fallen_Aingeal
11-25-2014, 06:10 PM
That would be a result of something added with the path. This:

Players with high EGO ratings will now be scaled down when they choose to enter low-level co-op instances.

But, does it affect world events? And, why if I'm alone in an instance would I be "scaled down"? Scaled down to whom? Are the enemies also scaled down?

Again. I don't understand this at all. I worked, off and on, for over a year and a half to reach the EGO I am, and now it's gonna be stripped from me?

Bonehead
11-25-2014, 06:17 PM
But, does it affect world events? And, why if I'm alone in an instance would I be "scaled down"? Scaled down to whom? Are the enemies also scaled down?

Again. I don't understand this at all. I worked, off and on, for over a year and a half to reach the EGO I am, and now it's gonna be stripped from me?

When you enter an instance that can be done as a coop, you are scaled down to 1500 ego. So pretty much every instance. As to why?

It's well beyond me.

Edit;
I suppose if you make it hard on the low egos playing with the higher egos, it's kind of fair in a bizzaro world, left minded spastic kind of way to spread the pain around.

Best I could come up with.

Burned In Effigy
11-25-2014, 06:22 PM
Come on guys. I found it (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?177417-Defiance-2.4-The-Aftermath&p=1641603&viewfull=1#post1641603)the first time! :P

PS: Pay no attention to the "Last Edited By: Phantasie" in that thread!!!!! :P :P

(Sorry, missed that one in original pass. I added it)

so do I get a special in game title? You know for finding out a problem in the patch notes? :p

Bonehead
11-25-2014, 06:23 PM
so do I get a special in game title? You know for finding out a problem in the patch notes? :p

"Finder of Things" would be pretty cool.

Fallen_Aingeal
11-25-2014, 06:25 PM
When you enter an instance that can be done as a coop, you are scaled down to 1500 ego. So pretty much every instance. As to why?

It's well beyond me.

Edit;
I suppose if you make it hard on the low egos playing with the higher egos, it's kind of fair in a bizzaro world, left minded spastic kind of way to spread the pain around.

Best I could come up with.*Edited* PC {political correctness} is gonna kill this country and the world!

I'm sorry. I don't buy into the "Everyone's Entitled" BS. I earned my EGO, just like everyone else that has played all the aspects of the game to attain the level they currently are. For me to be "******ed" because lower ego players couldn't keep up, is simply stupid.

That's the way a progressive system works. Why have a TL or scaling at all? This just raises more questions than it answers and they are answers that we may never see.

Alastar
11-25-2014, 06:29 PM
Hey if that guy gets a title I want one too! The patch notes on 360 says 3.04 for aftermath The previous Halloween patch is 3.05 :P

Bonehead
11-25-2014, 06:32 PM
*Edited* PC {political correctness} is gonna kill this country and the world!

I'm sorry. I don't buy into the "Everyone's Entitled" BS. I earned my EGO, just like everyone else that has played all the aspects of the game to attain the level they currently are. For me to be "******ed" because lower ego players couldn't keep up, is simply stupid.

That's the way a progressive system works. Why have a TL or scaling at all? This just raises more questions than it answers and they are answers that we may never see.

Can't disagree Reb.
That "raises more questions" thing might be in the mission statement somewhere.

But hey! How 'bout Trick's voice acting!

Bentu
11-25-2014, 06:38 PM
But hey! How 'bout Trick's voice acting!

You know sometimes when you get that garbled drowning sound. :)

Rashere
11-25-2014, 06:42 PM
It looks like EGO scaling is affecting some content that it shouldn't. At a basic level, whenever you have a choice to take on a mission at a low EGO rating, the scaling should apply. If you don't want to be scaled, just pick an appropriately high difficultly.

It's currently affecting some content where you don't get a choice, though. That will be fixed in short order.

Rashere

Fallen_Aingeal
11-25-2014, 06:46 PM
It looks like EGO scaling is affecting some content that it shouldn't. At a basic level, whenever you have a choice to take on a mission at a low EGO rating, the scaling should apply. If you don't want to be scaled, just pick an appropriately high difficultly.

It's currently affecting some content where you don't get a choice, though. That will be fixed in short order.

RashereThanks for quick response.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-25-2014, 06:52 PM
and emotes arent working for me or callouts

DEATHBRINGER210
11-25-2014, 06:53 PM
getting scaled while doing a story mission solo . why?

snoglobe81
11-25-2014, 07:16 PM
Thank you for the information. I figured the ego thing might have been a bug/glitch. Still enjoyed it though.

Bonehead
11-25-2014, 07:18 PM
Odd that it has been this way (ego scaling for solo instances) the whole time on PTS.
Plenty of feedback on that.

Bentu
11-25-2014, 07:22 PM

Rashere

Restoring my sanity.

Not so Hi five.

richardkrainium
11-25-2014, 07:46 PM

those 12 year old dumb things shouldnt have been put in the game in the first place.....ya lets put kiddie stuff in a mature rated game...ya that sounds like a good idea.......not

Xaat Xuun
11-25-2014, 09:04 PM
"Finder of Things" would be pretty cool.
The Librarian

Lunch Box
11-25-2014, 09:27 PM
those 12 year old dumb things shouldnt have been put in the game in the first place.....ya lets put kiddie stuff in a mature rated game...ya that sounds like a good idea.......not

Yep, just yep.

SanCarioca
11-25-2014, 10:05 PM

I can confirm it was fixed for me (PS3 NA). As soon as I logged in, the pursuit updated!

Fallen_Aingeal
11-25-2014, 11:08 PM
My thoughts on the update:

The missions were pretty cool, albeit a bit of the same. *shrug* Still something different to do. The mission "Beneath the Stars" froze on me twice, leading to discorama. At the last computer terminal. Very annoying. Finally abandoned mission, started all over, and was able to complete it.

Was very disheartened to see my EGO scale down to 1750. TBH, it felt like a kick to the nuts. For over a year and a half, I have built my character and her gear to a place I'm very happy with. When I see my VBI rad ar with triple damage {4360} hitting for 1500, it pissed me off. I wonder what the purpose of my "long and more fulfilling chase" accomplished. My main load out is the finale of my chase. I have the weapons with the synergy and mods that I want. I have the shield that I want. I played the game nearly every day "chasing" the gear or the means to acquire it. And now, it gets restricted in the name of PC. I personally think it's BS.

All that said, the new content was decent.

*glad I was able to keep the rant under control* Don't need to repeat history. I am pretty annoyed by this change though!

crazyged
11-25-2014, 11:10 PM

...Er....

...Ya?

Bonehead
11-25-2014, 11:12 PM
*glad I was able to keep the rant under control* Don't need to repeat history. I am pretty annoyed by this change though!

I'm proud of you Reb.

crazyged
11-25-2014, 11:15 PM
Meh, blew through the missions this morning - again.

Can't say the ego down-scaling affected me much, they all still died!

Atticus Batman
11-25-2014, 11:16 PM
Meh, blew through the missions this morning - again.

Can't say the ego down-scaling affected me much, they all still died!

Hey crazy, get back on the PTS and check tonight's patch for us please!

PTS has being updated tonight:

• Fix for once of the main server crashes
• Logging for addition tracking on server crashes
• Removed EGO rating clamping during storyline mission instances.
• Fixed a problem that would cause mods with the Plate Slicer synergy to lose the synergy when retrieved from claims
• Fixed bug causing enemies to sometimes spawn underground for Thanksgiving events.
• Bit-only lock boxes can now be purchased from the in-game Lock Box merchant.
• Fixed a text problem with the Cornucopia Crate

--Phantasie

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?177519-Defiance-Patch-2.401&p=1642297#post1642297

crazyged
11-25-2014, 11:19 PM
Hey crazy, get back on the PTS and check tonight's patch for us please!

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?177519-Defiance-Patch-2.401&p=1642297#post1642297

Hmmmm interesting. Soon as I'm back from work I'll check it out and report back!

Atticus Batman
11-25-2014, 11:21 PM
Hmmmm interesting. Soon as I'm back from work I'll check it out and report back!

Maybe I should see if Silverbaer or one of the other testers saw it, since you are stuck at work. :)

crazyged
11-25-2014, 11:30 PM
Maybe I should see if Silverbaer or one of the other testers saw it, since you are stuck at work. :)

Very tempted to come down with a mysterious, sudden illness! :D

Oh, on a side note - tested my old Syphon Tachmag out this morning. Very impressed with the nano improvement! It now deals more damage than my Needler.

Bonehead
11-26-2014, 12:10 AM
Okay I just did an instanced mission on PTS and can say that the threat scaling seems better. My PTS toon is only 1300 ego but the mission was less grindy and the mobs felt noticeably less spongy to me. One hit kills with a sniper crit all day. Sorry My toon is so low ego but I can say for sure the gun play was better with a 1300 natural ego toon on PTS than my debuffed 5k+ toon on live.

The syphon buff fells great BTW. Might start using some of my lifesteal weapons again.

Oh oh oh!! The turkeys look AWESOME!!!

crazyged
11-26-2014, 12:24 AM
Okay I just did an instanced mission on PTS and can say that the threat scaling seems better. My PTS toon is only 1300 ego but the mission was less grindy and the mobs felt noticeably less spongy to me. One hit kills with a sniper crit all day. Sorry My toon is so low ego but I can say for sure the gun play was better with a 1300 natural ego toon on PTS than my debuffed 5k+ toon on live.

The syphon buff fells great BTW. Might start using some of my lifesteal weapons again.

Why don't you get your main toon copied over?

More fun with all the gear you're used to! :D

Bonehead
11-26-2014, 12:31 AM
Why don't you get your main toon copied over?

More fun with all the gear you're used to! :D

You know with all the real work all the devs do and what not I just never wanted to bother them with it. Also it's important to get a feel for how the game plays for Most of the folks that will play it. I really doubt any more than 10% of the peeps that play this game will ever get anywhere close to 5k ego and even fewer close to max, so playing lower to mid level toons is my way of helping.

crazyged
11-26-2014, 12:34 AM
You know with all the real work all the devs do and what not I just never wanted to bother them with it. Also it's important to get a feel for how the game plays for Most of the folks that will play it. I really doubt any more than 10% of the peeps that play this game will ever get anywhere close to 5k ego so playing lower to mid level toons is my way of helping.

I'm playing two toons - one I've just started to do all the missions, the other for quick results.

I get to see both sides of the spectrum, which is cool.

Oh, and on the toon copying, if you ever decide - it's pretty quick and painless for them to do.

Lubber
11-26-2014, 06:34 AM
I really doubt any more than 10% of the peeps that play this game will ever get anywhere close to 5k ego and even fewer close to max...
First, XP grind may take anyone (even child of 6 years old) to EGO 4000 easily. Than, it took me just two months to raise my alt to EGO 5000 by doing only daily and weekly contracts. It take 2 hours a day to do contracts. Besides XP grind I just raised all skills to max and completed co-op, combat, enemies, arkfall and rep pursuits... Pursuits were just auto-completed without paying much attention...
So if it is not a big deal, than why should anyone bother of been low EGO? Just raise your EGO. All it takes is just time, no skill required.

Quebra Regra
11-26-2014, 10:49 AM
*Edited* PC {political correctness} is gonna kill this country and the world!

I'm gonna have to agree with this. The logic is lacking.

crasher
11-26-2014, 11:13 AM

The syphon buff feels great BTW. Might start using some of my lifesteal weapons again.

So far I've resisted the temptation to throw buckets of forge at my Gen-1 Mark-1 Lifetsteal snipers. I seriously wish I could pass them to newer 'toons on the same accounts.
The pistols are still kinda OK.
I still use the dets.
The LMGs are meh since I found a buncha 2.3 second reload SAWs.

crasher
11-26-2014, 11:23 AM
I'm gonna have to agree with this. The logic is lacking.
Yeah, I gotsta go along with you here. That original guy you're quoting has always been a Rebel and a firebrand, but I don't recall him being wrong, either.

;)

Fallen_Aingeal
11-26-2014, 11:39 AM
First, XP grind may take anyone (even child of 6 years old) to EGO 4000 easily. Than, it took me just two months to raise my alt to EGO 5000 by doing only daily and weekly contracts. It take 2 hours a day to do contracts. Besides XP grind I just raised all skills to max and completed co-op, combat, enemies, arkfall and rep pursuits... Pursuits were just auto-completed without paying much attention...
So if it is not a big deal, than why should anyone bother of been low EGO? Just raise your EGO. All it takes is just time, no skill required.For those of us that started the game at launch or shortly after, we can attest that leveling up used to be much more difficult than it is now. i can remember BMG's, infectors, and rocket launchers taking weeks to master to 20. Now it can be done in a short few hours.

The mechanics keep changing to make the game easier for newer, low level players, that it r.etards {don't know why that word is banned} the vet players that have stuck through all the BS. They introduced scaling and TL and ppl whined about the game being too hard. Vets were loving the challenge. Then the Advanced Co-op nerf happened and anyone could join and be buffed up. Now, I'm being nerfed down because ppl were whining about me "kill stealing" in a Co-op map that I have done 1000's of times. I know where things are going to spawn and happen. I know where to shoot before the enemy is there. Yet, I'm going to be restricted because others can't keep up.

Keep the nerf in the lower level co-ops and instances. Make the Advanced Co-ops require a 5k EGO to participate in. Problem solved. I won't hamper the lower levels by playing their maps, they won't hamper mine in the higher level maps.

There is no way to be rid of the division between new player and seasoned vet. Especially when game mechanics are introduced that enable it at it's core function.

Tex_Arcana
11-26-2014, 11:45 AM
For those of us that started the game at launch or shortly after, we can attest that leveling up used to be much more difficult than it is now. i can remember BMG's, infectors, and rocket launchers taking weeks to master to 20. Now it can be done in a short few hours.

The mechanics keep changing to make the game easier for newer, low level players, that it r.etards {don't know why that word is banned} the vet players that have stuck through all the BS. They introduced scaling and TL and ppl whined about the game being too hard. Vets were loving the challenge. Then the Advanced Co-op nerf happened and anyone could join and be buffed up. Now, I'm being nerfed down because ppl were whining about me "kill stealing" in a Co-op map that I have done 1000's of times. I know where things are going to spawn and happen. I know where to shoot before the enemy is there. Yet, I'm going to be restricted because others can't keep up.

Keep the nerf in the lower level co-ops and instances. Make the Advanced Co-ops require a 5k EGO to participate in. Problem solved. I won't hamper the lower levels by playing their maps, they won't hamper mine in the higher level maps.

There is no way to be rid of the division between new player and seasoned vet. Especially when game mechanics are introduced that enable it at it's core function.
Just throwing my agreement into the ring.
I know what everyone should do! Reroll and only advance to 1500 ego...then stop playing...
(*Insert friendly drip-drip-drip of sarcasm in that last statement)

Fallen_Aingeal
11-26-2014, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I gotsta go along with you here. That original guy you're quoting has always been a Rebel and a firebrand, but I don't recall him being wrong, either.

;)I've had a moment or 2. ;)

DEATHBRINGER210
11-26-2014, 12:03 PM
man can the game get a any worse lag lag lag crit crit hard freeze after hard freeze after hard freeze

Burned In Effigy
11-26-2014, 01:10 PM
I can't seem to access any of the mission arc falls and I can't get into any of the co-ops I keep getting disconnected.hopefully that'll change by the time I get home today. I did say hope right?

Bonehead
11-26-2014, 02:10 PM
So if it is not a big deal, than why should anyone bother of been low EGO? Just raise your EGO. All it takes is just time, no skill required.

Not saying it's hard, it's just the facts of gaming. The math so to speak. Most folks don't play any specific game to it's end. That's just how the industry works. Well documented in many articles and publications.

Dixie Cougar
11-26-2014, 02:15 PM
Not saying it's hard, it's just the facts of gaming. The math so to speak. Most folks don't play any specific game to it's end. That's just how the industry works. Well documented in many articles and publications.

This can also be verified by looking at the aggregate Steam achievement percentages for games that have "milestone achievements" For instance, somewhere around 90% of Skyrim players didn't get married, 72% didn't finish the (short) Civil War questline, and 70% never finished the MAIN questline. (http://steamcommunity.com/stats/TheElderScrollsVSkyrim/achievements/)

Bonehead
11-26-2014, 02:15 PM
So far I've resisted the temptation to throw buckets of forge at my Gen-1 Mark-1 Lifetsteal snipers. I seriously wish I could pass them to newer 'toons on the same accounts.
The pistols are still kinda OK.
I still use the dets.
The LMGs are meh since I found a buncha 2.3 second reload SAWs.

Had an EMC service rifle near my ego with syphon I was using. It was working fine again to my surprise.

Baines
11-26-2014, 07:22 PM

Trion has largely bludgeoned away any gameplay point to EGO progression. Enemies scale with threat level, but the rate Threat Level itself increases is manipulated by the event. Players scale up. You have all your perk slots relatively early. You get white bonuses on weapons at 1000 EGO. Unlocking inventory slots and loadout slots became cash shop only items. You have all your EGO points long before you max EGO, and all that you need for the skills you want even earlier. And now players scale down.

The only purpose EGO serves at this point is to simply display larger numbers. Numbers that are increasingly disconnected from how you actually perform in game.

Dixie Cougar
11-26-2014, 09:22 PM
Trion has largely bludgeoned away any gameplay point to EGO progression. Enemies scale with threat level, but the rate Threat Level itself increases is manipulated by the event. Players scale up. You have all your perk slots relatively early. You get white bonuses on weapons at 1000 EGO. Unlocking inventory slots and loadout slots became cash shop only items. You have all your EGO points long before you max EGO, and all that you need for the skills you want even earlier. And now players scale down.

The only purpose EGO serves at this point is to simply display larger numbers. Numbers that are increasingly disconnected from how you actually perform in game.

Full circle back to how things were before 1.5 and scaling?

Bonehead
11-26-2014, 10:50 PM
Full circle back to how things were before 1.5 and scaling?

Not even imho. The game was really well balanced and fun to play at contract sites or wherever by however many at a time before the TL system. But that model was too hard to monetize I guess or it didn't fit with the current creative team's vision.

crasher
11-27-2014, 08:44 AM
Not even imho. The game was really well balanced and fun to play at contract sites or wherever by however many at a time before the TL system. But that model was too hard to monetize I guess or it didn't fit with the current creative team's vision.

Is this the word all the cool kids are using for that, now?

Bonehead
11-28-2014, 12:12 AM
Is this the word all the cool kids are using for that, now?

I've had enough timeout in the corner with the dunce cap on to suit me for quite a while thanks.

Lubber
11-28-2014, 06:30 AM
Speaking about "the current creative team's vision"(c)...
When Silicon Valley hit the PTS players said that that new incursions (and those are INCURSIONS, not conflicts, devs) are lame (bugs with enemies stuck in environment, no wave counters, no progress bars, no interesting final part etc.). When it hit Live - almost everybody said the same, people just did some for pursuits and left SV for good. And now, instead of fixing this stuff to make it more appealing for players, they force us to to this crap 100 times. Do they really think that after doing it 100 times we would love it? Is it "the current creative team's vision"(c)?
Gladly they also messed up with counter and it is possible to get +6 to counter just with one incursion.

Bonehead
11-28-2014, 02:00 PM
Speaking about "the current creative team's vision"(c)...
When Silicon Valley hit the PTS players said that that new incursions (and those are INCURSIONS, not conflicts, devs) are lame (bugs with enemies stuck in environment, no wave counters, no progress bars, no interesting final part etc.). When it hit Live - almost everybody said the same, people just did some for pursuits and left SV for good. And now, instead of fixing this stuff to make it more appealing for players, they force us to to this crap 100 times. Do they really think that after doing it 100 times we would love it? Is it "the current creative team's vision"(c)?
Gladly they also messed up with counter and it is possible to get +6 to counter just with one incursion.

It's the best they could do.