PDA

View Full Version : Reduced drops???

ArthriticNed
11-25-2014, 08:19 PM
What the hell happened to enemy item drops? Im not getting squat compared to before Aftermath.

Also, the downscaling of my ego when i solo these instances is beyond stupid.

Bonehead
11-25-2014, 08:26 PM
Not directed at anyone or any thing really. I just googled "beyond stupidity" and found...

http://gintruth.com/gnt/wpver/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/0-to-stupidity-and-beyond.jpg

Lunch Box
11-25-2014, 09:04 PM
That pretty much sums it up right there, Bonehead. Nice.

Johnny Stranger
11-25-2014, 09:15 PM
at least their dropping mods !! White ones LOL!!!!

Lunch Box
11-25-2014, 09:35 PM
Yep, the mod drops get left where they lie.

Chump Norris
11-25-2014, 10:12 PM
I have a feeling I wont be to happy with this down scaling stuff...Why did I even bother doing pursuits to raise my ego?

Bonehead
11-25-2014, 11:07 PM
I have a feeling I wont be to happy with this down scaling stuff...Why did I even bother doing pursuits to raise my ego?

Lotta folks gonna be askin themselves that same question Bubs.

Atticus Batman
11-25-2014, 11:27 PM

A new patch was added to the PTS tonight. I let 2 of the PTS'ers know, so hopefully they can test it and see how it changed the ego rating debuff, atleast in storyline instances.

PTS has being updated tonight:

• Fix for once of the main server crashes
• Logging for addition tracking on server crashes
• Removed EGO rating clamping during storyline mission instances.
• Fixed a problem that would cause mods with the Plate Slicer synergy to lose the synergy when retrieved from claims
• Fixed bug causing enemies to sometimes spawn underground for Thanksgiving events.
• Bit-only lock boxes can now be purchased from the in-game Lock Box merchant.
• Fixed a text problem with the Cornucopia Crate

--Phantasie

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?177519-Defiance-Patch-2.401&p=1642297#post1642297

Bonehead
11-26-2014, 12:17 AM
A new patch was added to the PTS tonight. I let 2 of the PTS'ers know, so hopefully they can test it and see how it changed the ego rating debuff, atleast in storyline instances.

Just played some instanced missions on PTS. Much better there.

I will say this though. If you are going to solo the story content with a low ego toon, do it when there are no incursions going on. It gets a bit grindy otherwise. The objectives are in the incursion area and the mobs are somewhat pesky about cooperating.

crazyged
11-26-2014, 12:31 AM
Just played some instanced missions on PTS. Much better there.

I will say this though. If you are going to solo the story content with a low ego toon, do it when there are no incursions going on. It gets a bit grindy otherwise. The objectives are in the incursion area and the mobs are somewhat pesky about cooperating.

Yeah, when I did the missions on PTS, it was all incursions, all the time - it was fun trying to figure out which enemy was the target you had to scan.

The live ones were nice and peaceful and pretty quick without interruptions.

Bonehead
11-26-2014, 12:38 AM
Yea, I was trying to get the manifest at the rift and there was no way I could keep the emc dude alive long enough to interact with him without a half dozen goldrushers swinging pick rifles killing him with a few dozen other misc miners causing other grief not to mention the big grenade launching dudes so I just bailed.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-26-2014, 04:06 PM
picking up nothing but white and greens from arkfalls. and gotten nothing but blues as rewards from majors

Fallen_Aingeal
11-26-2014, 04:15 PM
Yeah, when I did the missions on PTS, it was all incursions, all the time - it was fun trying to figure out which enemy was the target you had to scan.

The live ones were nice and peaceful and pretty quick without interruptions.I ran into same issue last night. Added to the challenge, trying to keep them alive long enough to interact with them!

Baines
11-26-2014, 04:49 PM
at least their dropping mods !! White ones LOL!!!!

I've seen white and green. But I haven't seen any with synergies (other than of course holiday event mods). Can they have synergies? If not, then they are all going to be garbage instead of 99% of them being garbage.

After playing a bit and encountering the same kinds of issues I encountered before Aftermath, I'm asking myself that question even more than ever. Particularly when Trion manages to add what appears to be a busted pursuit (Defiant Few II has a rep requirement that isn't checked if you had already met it).

Dixie Cougar
11-26-2014, 05:06 PM
I've seen white and green. But I haven't seen any with synergies (other than of course holiday event mods). Can they have synergies? If not, then they are all going to be garbage instead of 99% of them being garbage.

After playing a bit and encountering the same kinds of issues I encountered before Aftermath, I'm asking myself that question even more than ever. Particularly when Trion manages to add what appears to be a busted pursuit (Defiant Few II has a rep requirement that isn't checked if you had already met it).

I found a t2 catalyst injector with a QM synergy, which was nice because they somehow got left out of the vendor (only a non-synergized one in there).

The busted pursuit is probably like the Cerberus one... file a ticket and they'll fix it manually. Not ideal, but it's not like the points are out of reach.

Grandpa Ace
11-26-2014, 05:11 PM
What the hell happened to enemy item drops? Im not getting squat compared to before Aftermath.

Also, the downscaling of my ego when i solo these instances is beyond stupid.

All 5k's need to stand together and pitch a beach; maybe they will get the message and change it back.

Lunch Box
11-26-2014, 06:34 PM
All 5k's need to stand together and pitch a beach; maybe they will get the message and change it back. I think the downscaling of egos during solo missions has been fixed, but I don't know for sure because I can't stay in the game for more than a couple minutes before I get booted so...

Bonehead
11-26-2014, 07:07 PM
All 5k's need to stand together and pitch a beach; maybe they will get the message and change it back.

The smallest group in the game aren't going to be the ones the bean counters listen to. the Solo instances have been fixed but any coop arenas are gonna stay the way they are for now.

ArthriticNed
11-27-2014, 06:27 PM
Bumpity........

DEATHBRINGER210
11-28-2014, 12:47 AM
got 1 purple weapon drop today

Ryker Vorton
11-28-2014, 01:31 PM
on my experience only yesterday (been without internet since saturday thanks to a strong storm).

Playing on my EGO 2900 character i did several conflict sites, got nothing worth mentioning, actually yes, much less than the usual drop quantity.

Did the new missions and, as with everyother storyline missions, all mobs seems to have the drop switch off, only some occasional grenade charge, spike or stim, not even enough ammo charges to feed my springer.

Did three major harvest arkfalls:
1st one i ended 7th on the board and got me a purple tachmag pulser (vendored)
2nd one i ended 11th on the board, got me an orange VOT Meteor Bolter, no nano with slice synergy, hey, not bad, not bad! (kept) So far so good.
3rd major arkfall i ended 17th on the board and got me nothing of value, a white mod and some green trash item. Uh oh...

Been to the siege at the quarry, got max level reward, not even a blue item!! it was something green and not worth of keeping in my memory. o_O

Did 3 or 4 Control Grids, i usually get at least 2 or 3 greens and one blue of them, well... guess what.... no green, no blue, just a dirty white ironclad shield and some white mods (no more than 4 in total)... puajjj!

Did 4 incursions in SV, even scored 1st and 2nd on them (i was surprised with the quantity of people in the boards, never seen that many before) oh well, green 7th legion useless crap (wouldn't be useful even if it was orange, i don't have that dlc) and nothing else! Come on! in on of those killed over 150 mobs!!! Something is definitelly wrong!

So yes, my guess is that someone forgot to turn on the loot switch before the patch went live.

BlackTalons
11-28-2014, 01:36 PM
This may posibly have something to do with the missing threat levels. As far as I know ammo and loot drops scale with threat level, so playing in this easymode should hurt the drop rate.