PDA

View Full Version : EGO downscaling in singleplayer arenas / missions

SySCo2k5
11-26-2014, 03:01 AM
Hi Everybody,

I just played the new missions and my EGO was scaled down to 1.500!

The same behavoir in arenas like Yuke of the Dornen Liro.
In my opinion it is not acceptable for singleplayer!
My weapons are causing so much less demage.

Please comment if you are agree with me.
This has to be fixed!

Thanks
SySCo2k5

Chump Norris
11-26-2014, 03:14 AM
PTS has being updated tonight:

• Removed EGO rating clamping during storyline mission instances.

--Phantasie

The arenas are probably staying how they are but the missions should be fixed soon.

Telemachus
11-26-2014, 03:14 AM
This is something that needs to be thought over more than a little bit.

I generally understate.

Example, you've played and spent money and time to level your characters ego up to ...most times to actually have something to do. Now err.. you're screwed over. Not the first time. Trion or the defiance team has made a habit of this ****. It's like they're saying , stick with us through everything so we can screw you over and over.

Just my impression of all of the changes.

SySCo2k5
11-26-2014, 03:23 AM
If arenas like "Yuke" will stay like this, they should be multiplayer only!

I had the downscaling problem in missions about an hour ago, so it isn't removed completely.

crazyged
11-26-2014, 03:24 AM
I have to admit, the logic behind this eludes me.

I can understand (to a degree) doing it in co-op maps, but nobody, including Trion, has anything to gain by enforcing it in solo instances like arenas.

They're not going to be making any money from doing this, so what exactly IS the reasoning (so far they have skirted answering this directly)?

All it accomplishes is to make things just that little more grindier, and will actually discourage people from doing dailies, etc.

C'mon Trion, time someone manned up and actually gave us some logical answers!

Xaat Xuun
11-26-2014, 03:26 AM
I'm going to pop in PTS and check if the removed clamping also happens when entering Arenas at the entrances, instead through match maker, I doubt it, but want to confirm what I don't want

Removed EGO rating clamping during storyline mission instances.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?177519-Defiance-Patch-2.401&p=1642282&viewfull=1#post1642282

crazyged
11-26-2014, 03:28 AM
I'm going to pop in PTS and check if the removed clamping also happens when entering Arenas at the entrances, instead through match maker, I doubt it, but want to confirm what I don't want

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?177519-Defiance-Patch-2.401&p=1642282&viewfull=1#post1642282

Cool - hurry back! :D

Xaat Xuun
11-26-2014, 03:50 AM
back

seems to unclamp the arenas too .. yippy

I prefer to solo arenas, so that was a happy change for me, just hope it stays like that when it goes live

Xaat Xuun
11-26-2014, 03:54 AM
maybe later I'll check the mission, not sure there are any still open for me, 'cept the last couple in SF
getting late for me now, so yeah .. it'll be later for those

I figured one could still use the match maker, if they want to still group for arenas and have the choice of Standard (1500), Advance (2500/3500) and Expert (5000+)

Chump Norris
11-26-2014, 04:08 AM
back

seems to unclamp the arenas too .. yippy

I prefer to solo arenas, so that was a happy change for me, just hope it stays like that when it goes live

O that is great news. I also prefer to solo arenas if I can.

Lubber
11-26-2014, 04:50 AM
I've spent only half an hour in the Game after the patch, so haven't noticed this.
What is there happened with EGO during majors and incursions? Does it stay as before or do we get EGO rating scaling down if TL is low? And it is always low until not enough players there...

PS. I wish devs do opposite - raise minimum TL during majors so it match usual min TL of a player with highest EGO. E.g. I have min TL 6 for conflict sites while solo, but only TL 2 while going solo for major arkfall or incursion. Wish it would also be TL 6...

Xaat Xuun
11-26-2014, 04:59 AM
I've spent only half an hour in the Game after the patch, so haven't noticed this.
What is there happened with EGO during majors and incursions? Does it stay as before or do we get EGO rating scaling down if TL is low? And it is always low until not enough players there...

PS. I wish devs do opposite - raise minimum TL during majors so it match usual min TL of a player with highest EGO. E.g. I have min TL 6 for conflict sites while solo, but only TL 2 while going solo for major arkfall or incursion. Wish it would also be TL 6...
outside events haven't changed, you're still scaled up to 4750.
it was the co-ops that were changed to scale with which difficulty selection, bad side effect, that also happened with solo instance. Like from a mission where you don't have a choice to select the difficulty, but just placed in a standard difficulty (like ego level 1500)
so open world is unchanged

crazyged
11-26-2014, 05:11 AM
Well, it sounds like all is good at the moment.

Must say, apart from the odd hiccup, the devs are making an effort to balance the game and keep everyone vaguely happy!

PT and Rashere for president!

hype
11-26-2014, 05:45 AM
Regarding the lighthouse arena's it will downgrade you to 1500 my current ego is 3386 but the threat level is set as 3 even doing it solo

sort it out trion please

SySCo2k5
11-26-2014, 07:58 AM
I just finished the new Missions. And I still was downscaled to 1500 in singleplayer instance! Please fix it trion!

Xaat Xuun
11-26-2014, 11:19 AM
you're still going to see that, till they patch 2.401
I'm guessing that will be in the hotfix that is going to happen in 15 minutes
so give it another hour from now (check timestamp of this post) and try again

kcaligula2
11-26-2014, 12:31 PM
Don't feel bad. Scaling in the name of "balance" isn't helping low ego players either. This morning, playing my alt that is ego 700, I found myself against apex enemies, on a little roadside fight outside Iron demon Ranch. I honestly felt like I was throwing spit balls at them. If anything will drive players away it will be scaling in the name of balance. It sucks.

Dixie Cougar
11-26-2014, 12:34 PM
Can anyone confirm this is fixed in the story missions? Or do we still need to queue for expert instead of walking in?

Bonehead
11-26-2014, 01:55 PM
I have to admit, the logic behind this eludes me.

You get used to that after a while.

Bonehead
11-26-2014, 01:57 PM
Regarding the lighthouse arena's it will downgrade you to 1500 my current ego is 3386 but the threat level is set as 3 even doing it solo

sort it out trion please

Sorry Hype, for the thorn arenas, it is sorted out. That's the way Trion want's it. The story missions are what they are fixing.