PDA

View Full Version : And the 4.5k+ EGO player comes and goes AFK !!! Nothing is more fun !

Maddock
11-27-2014, 12:04 AM
So nice if i do my Quests or whatever at 2.4k EGO and a 4-5k EGO player has nothing better to do than comming to my area.

No its not just pure horror when i suddenly need a whole magazine for one Enemy to kill....

No ! its fun ! suddenly i am worth nothing anymore, not contributing anything anymore.

The 4-5k EGO player now goes AFK for 5 minutes and leaves me alone..

No the 5k EGO player cant log out or teleport away.... He has to stay AFK in the area :mad:

Whatever i do i cant kill much anymore and the Timer rouns out.....

I hate Dynamic Scaling with a passion, its the worst i have ever seen.

Whenever a much higher EGO player enters my quests or whatever i just move on because i feel like useless trash trying to kill the same enemies 20x slower than some seconds ago...

Scale these high EGO players down everywhere and let the low levels have fun instead of ruining it

jerdan
11-27-2014, 12:14 AM
If you hate it now be happy you didn't play before. Sorry but we high Ego players already scale down for instances and Co op now. . My question to you would be what happens to you after you spend all the time it takes to get to ego 5500+. And please don't read it as though I am starting anything on your thread. . Not my intention at all. This problem has been around since scaling was invented. If they want everyone to be equal then the solution is simple. .. remove scaling altogether. That is not going to happen.

As far as your problem with people coming in or standing at the boundary. . We can relate. . It is not just a high Ego problem or a low Ego problem. It's people being lazy. Plain and simple. Take your issue with the person or persons doing it. Lot of us simply message them and tell them to play or move on so the job can be completed. Most are fine with that.

Bonehead
11-27-2014, 12:19 AM
Yep just straight up not as much fun as it was before scaling. But now at least it goes both ways in the coop arenas anyway.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-27-2014, 03:21 AM
So nice if i do my Quests or whatever at 2.4k EGO and a 4-5k EGO player has nothing better to do than comming to my area.

No its not just pure horror when i suddenly need a whole magazine for one Enemy to kill....

No ! its fun ! suddenly i am worth nothing anymore, not contributing anything anymore.

The 4-5k EGO player now goes AFK for 5 minutes and leaves me alone..

No the 5k EGO player cant log out or teleport away.... He has to stay AFK in the area :mad:

Whatever i do i cant kill much anymore and the Timer rouns out.....

I hate Dynamic Scaling with a passion, its the worst i have ever seen.

Whenever a much higher EGO player enters my quests or whatever i just move on because i feel like useless trash trying to kill the same enemies 20x slower than some seconds ago...

Scale these high EGO players down everywhere and let the low levels have fun instead of ruining it

i say make a opt to for a private daily or weekly site . so no one can jump to you and make your tl jump. once its over the private match is over

DEATHBRINGER210
11-27-2014, 03:22 AM
i say make a opt to for a private daily or weekly site . so no one can jump to you and make your tl jump. once its over the private match is over

this will keep the free ride joes at bay also

Bentu
11-27-2014, 04:56 AM
this will keep the free ride joes at bay also

How? If anything it will make them do it more.

I've lost count of the damn things I've solo'd only for the score board to tell me another 4/5guys had gone there prior and just killed 1 or 2 enemies.

Totally feed up with the free loaders.

Riz
11-27-2014, 05:39 AM
Reading this thread it went from a scaling-issue to freeloading. First thought: We're going off-topic here. But actually it's not! Scaling and freeloading are pretty much VERY related to each other and mostly caused by the same issue.

As a high EGO my conflict sites are usually TL6 when i'm solo. It's an open world so there is always the possibility that another player walks in to do the site/contract as well. But i actually prefer them to freeload, tag and leave so i can finish it myself within a reasonable time. If another high EGO stays i better leave, no point in doing TL10-sites which take more time then necessary.

Lower EGO's usually leave by themselves when i walk into that site, which is quite smart. Although getting an upgrade they're still not competitive. And then to think this even got 'fixed' after the first 2 weeks of absolute disaster when scaling got introduced. My main character is usually finishing conflict sites, while with my 2nd lower EGO character i mostly feel 'forced' to tag and leave (aka freeload).

You can't blame the high EGO for going AFK when his phone rings or a sudden thing happens irl, you also cant blame him for not leaving the site as he might lose progress if no one finishes it. You also can't blame freeloaders. Although a lot are just lazy azzez, there are actually quite a few as well that do simply not have the time to spent 30 minutes in one conflict site for a contract on TL10. And even more that join with the best intentions, but -like my low EGO toon- are simply that underpowered that they have to leave the site hoping that the higher EGO will finish it. Blame it on the mechanics, not each other.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-27-2014, 08:52 AM

I've lost count of the damn things I've solo'd only for the score board to tell me another 4/5guys had gone there prior and just killed 1 or 2 enemies.

when you get there . do you wish to enter this area solo yes or no?

Bentu
11-27-2014, 09:32 AM
when you get there . do you wish to enter this area solo yes or no?

I generally play alone, so enter these sites solo however if someone is already doing it or someone else joins I expect them to stay and earn their rep, so there's no yes or no about it as it's an mmo.
Tagging a conflict site or arkfalls and moving on is an exploit, using others to gain their rep or keys although doing it for keys isn't worthwhile anymore.
But at the end of the day it's down to shear laziness, whether or not that's down to exploiting or scaling it still needs fixing.

ratpie
11-27-2014, 09:43 AM
i did not notice this until i was 2kish ego it really sucks when that happens.

last weekend i came across the same situation with some 5ker way up on a hill just within the blue area border on the map just sitting there AFK.

switched to CLOAK spec, shot at a few mobs and ran over to this guy and cloaked.

( now you can rub your hands together and laugh muahahaha. )

Major Crapshot
11-27-2014, 01:18 PM

Today was the worst for me with the leeches. It was the "Save the Ranchers" contract for Top Notch, I believe.

I'm EGO 24XX and when I start a contract solo, I use a BMG/infector or bolter/courier because the TL is only 2 and I'm trying to level those weapons. As the TL increases, I change loadouts to a higher DPS.

Anyway, I roll up and the TL is a 3 so somebody lower is there. He entered from the other side and when we met up, the TL jumped to 6. Ok, someone else is here. So we both free a rancher and head to the next, the TL jumps again to 8 and then again to 10 by the time we got to the objective. It stays at 10 until we finsh and move to the next. For the remainder of the instance, it rollercoastered from 10 to 7 to 5 to 8 to 4 and then ended back on 2.

With the ever changing TL, that must have been the most times I had to switch loadouts. I wonder if the person I was fighting next to thought I was schzoid or ADD with the changes. :D And we never saw any other player during the entire time and the finish screen showed that 7 people took part. Of course, 5 of them where onesie-twosie on the kills. :mad:

With the exception of kiteing enemies, it is what it is and people will do what they want.
Lazy arkhunter is lazy. :D

Bonehead
11-27-2014, 01:43 PM
Blame it on the mechanics, not each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYJMtn6IJeE

Ryker Vorton
11-27-2014, 02:41 PM
I've seen different kind of leeching around, one is the afk guys, the good old lure'n'cloak trick is the best answer, oh yeah.

The other kind of leeching i've seen plenty lately is some guys, usually high level (easy to notice on my alt at ego close to 3k, the TL jumps to 8-9) they kill a couple things, or activate a switch, just enough to get credit for the mission and goes away, if i finish the quest they get their reward wherever they are, so in those cases i just map away and let the mission restart, they got nothing and i got a fresh one to do for myself and for anyone coming by and actually participating in the mission.

I think the dev team should look into that matter, make it so you wont get rewards if you leave the area.

Atticus Batman
11-27-2014, 11:29 PM
Some of the AFK'ers don't even know they are still in the blue circle. Remember as soon as you have done that conflict site, the blue circle disappears. So maybe the guy finished then had to AFK so he just ran up the hill, thinking he was far enough away to be out of the circle.

Also some that appear to be AFK, are actually there, but do to lag framrate drop or some other issue, their game temporarily froze and they are waiting a couple minutes to see if it fixes itself, or they have to forcibly leave the game by using taskmanager or goto dashboard or whatever choice they have depending on system or if they have to do a hard reboot (which can be very harsh on systems).

That said, if after 5 or 6 minutes you are still certain he AFK'ed then kite a group of enemies to him and keep running. They will kill him and he will get extracted eventually and lose a little scrip, and you can come back later and try again.

Also sometimes just calling them out on it in chat works, because as somebody else said maybe they are just sitting there because they are on the phone. If that is the case and they are actually where they can see the game screen/chat, then when they see somebody Mention their name and politely asking them to leave if they are going to AFK, then if Phone guy is a considerate person who can and is looking at zone chat, he will port out of there then go back to being AFK.

Tallon
11-27-2014, 11:43 PM
You can probably blame the system more than the players. I myself have run into a daily with lower levels. At this point you have two choices, A: Come back later when they are finished, or B: jump in and complete it. Most of the time I opt for the last, sorry but I didn't make the game or come up with the balance garbage. On the other hand, being a low ego player, if you at least tag some of the higher level enemies there is a better chance of better loot dropping for you.

Atticus Batman
11-27-2014, 11:53 PM
You can probably blame the system more than the players. I myself have run into a daily with lower levels. At this point you have two choices, A: Come back later when they are finished, or B: jump in and complete it. Most of the time I opt for the last, sorry but I didn't make the game or come up with the balance garbage. On the other hand, being a low ego player, if you at least tag some of the higher level enemies there is a better chance of better loot dropping for you.

I agree. Besides don't they get more experience, the more damage they do/score they get, or did I remember wrong? If I am right, then even though being in a high TL may make it hard on the low player, they are gaining more experience in a high TL, due to having to shoot so many bullets.

whit
11-28-2014, 01:22 AM
It is not just taggers and lurkers, people get can credit for just driving through the circle. I have done this a few times by accident. There need to be some kind of completion check or minimum score.

Dixie Cougar
11-28-2014, 03:31 AM
No sense deliberately AFKing in the area, that is an obnoxious thing to do and I always make sure to FT out.

Some of the dailies are repetitive and silly (I don't care about your stupid gulanite deposit, random miner) so I tag them and port away. As long as I port it does not hurt anyone else and saves me a ton of time.

TL10 only makes it even more tedious. I do 8-10 of those things and then I get to buy a supply crate that's likely to be full of blues? Um, yeah. I'm going to keep tagging. I am not a "long fulfilling chase" kind of guy against those odds.

The shorter ones I will do to completion, no problem. If I show up and there is a lot of heavy fighting going on right there, I'll help out, sure. But anything over 10 mins, screw that noise, tag em and bag em. I got better things to do both irl and in game. If they "fix" this I will simply start triaging my dailies and ignoring the obnoxious ones completely.

This only applies to conflict sites mind you.

Elroyhuman
11-28-2014, 07:18 AM
One of the worst places for this is the pow ranch. The fast travel site and vendors are within the threat area, so every time some one ports in, or uses the vendor, ammo chest or armor repair, the threat goes up, even though they are not within the blue circle.

I suggested a while ago an auto log out for people who are inactive / afk, and cited this as an example, but the PTBers said that there was no need for that.

One thing I have noticed is the threat area extends outside the blue circle, so even if you are outside the circle, you increase the threat level.

On a less friendly note, If an area is too hard for you / the threat goes up and becomes too hard for you, Maybe you should be the one adjust, and not the whole game change just to suit you. Yesterday I had some one with an 88 ego *****ing and crying constantly because he decided to join me at the pow ranch, then kept getting killed because he couldn't do anything against the hellbugs with his starter white weapons.

It's an open game world, No one should feel they need to wait to play.

Maddock
11-28-2014, 10:05 AM
i am at 2.7k Ego meanwhile with fully upgraded weapons. Soon i will be 3k then 3.5k. i think its getting better and better when some 4k+ players appear.

My DPS went up pretty well , i am getting 150k Hits with my charged crime fighter :)

Still if i have much lower players around me i help them to finish instead of watching them trying to kill something.

in the near future i will hit 4k Ego and the problem will be solved, at least for me but the problem for people that cant play as much as i do still exists.

I loved beeing tuned down to 1500 Ego in CO-OPs, i still did nice DPS and had alot fun.

So overall doing it like Guild Wars 2 is the right way. Let the downleveled players still be stronger than the normal Ego levels at same Ego rate and all is good. maybe 10-20% stronger

BlackTalons
11-28-2014, 12:07 PM
Though I personally hate all forms of leeching, I cant help but fall on it from time to time. When arriving to an arkfall that has lots of players, my PC has trouble keeping up with the amount of models and will usually take a minute or two to render the NPCs, so I often end up taking credit for smashing a single mob with my car and then sit there waiting for the rest to appear. Sometimes I arrive so late that I barelly get any points before the arkfall ends.

Against leeching I think the following should be implemented:

- Contributing to the Threat level should require 1 kill.
- Cashing in score rewards should require participation through 1 wave/phase.
- Getting the end rewards (rep, AF, loot) requires participating in and completing the last wave/phase/boss.

Ryker Vorton
11-28-2014, 12:56 PM
Against leeching I think the following should be implemented:

- Contributing to the Threat level should require 1 kill.
- Cashing in score rewards should require participation through 1 wave/phase.
- Getting the end rewards (rep, AF, loot) requires participating in and completing the last wave/phase/boss.

Great suggestions! I like them!

Brindled
11-28-2014, 01:16 PM
Very few missions have timers that require you to finish by a certain time.

I have many alts, and I welcome a TL10 on a 200 EGO character or any character for that matter. If I need weapons leveled, I whip them out. I don't care how long it takes. I'm gonna take advantage of the person that raised the level on me. If I join a high level EGO on something I use the most efficient weapon I have that still needs leveling. I wish I could have a 5900 follow me around so I could level faster at times. I guess if I was trying to complete dailies so I could get back to farming the Thanksgiving event I could understand the haste.

If you're not near or at max level take advantage of the TL people. You'll save time in the long run. If you try to level weapons at low TL you'll be there all day, but with a high TL watch the weapon exp bar move.

I guess it's up to the individual's perception of the mechanics. Instead of worrying about your name at the top of the scoreboard or finishing quickly look at the positives and how you can make it work for you.

That's just my opinion on the topic.

One of the worst places for this is the pow ranch. I use this place regularly to level weapons for that very reason.