PDA

View Full Version : With insta-click fast travel why does this game not have banks? Why no player market?

ITPalg
11-27-2014, 08:52 PM
I struggle greatly with just the 76 slots available due to wanting to keep "limited edition" weapons, such as seasonal weapons. I want to keep these weapons, saving them later for when I can afford to upgrade their ratings to keep up with my ego rising. They become less useful than the drops I get as I go up, and so they take up space.

I'm also surprised there is no player market to sell things on.

TTOWNZ DIRTIEST
11-27-2014, 09:01 PM
Go to the store and spend a few bits and buy you some new inventory slots!!!

ITPalg
11-27-2014, 09:16 PM
That would be nice if I had $.

Even with my past vet status I don't remember having more than 76 slots.

It would also make viewing what is on our person much easier (wish we could also sort by rarity).

Escyos
11-27-2014, 10:04 PM
While a bank is a good idea, it makes little sense in the game. A bunch of farmers and miners using a bank when such things would be ultimately unreliable for them. We do know that you can have scrip chips to electronically store your cash and maybe one day such things may appear in the game, but you'd need a place to cash them in etc.

It would be better to have a storage area you hire to use (and if you miss too many payments your items are taken).

Nefarious
11-27-2014, 10:17 PM
It would be cool if those APS mail boxes were the banks in the game so we could trade items between our characters. Now that we can lower the Ego level of items that would be real good as we can give our newer characters gear that we have already earned or vice versa. This way another party doesn't need to be responsible with given the item to be able to exchange it to another character.

...Destiny has a bank...:rolleyes:

9 items slots would be more then enough. And there could also be the option to buy more bank space for players. Seems like a win-win to me.

JadedSinn
11-27-2014, 10:49 PM
im douting anyone but nerf remebers the problum with the claims area and how people where useing it as a storage. and the reason why the recover befor xxxx time runs out. was implamented so ill inlighten

thy removed the ability to keep items in the sotrage for indefanet becuse it was createing server wide lag. this was not due to only a few people haveing a hand full of items in there claims. it was due to sevrel thousend people haveing thousends of items in there claims.

thy couldnt add in a storage system (( even if im all for them makeing one )) becuse of this issue. the more items you put into a storage the more data that has to be saved on there servers for each charicter inorder for that user to later beable to recover said items from there storage. witch would put more stress on the system.

now i may not have the full understanding of how the hole items thing worked and created the lag when people where hording in there claims boxes but its the same primasis. as us haveing on here.

at the most i think thy could come up with a bake you could deposit currancys in. so u could twink them between your toons.

or atleast a mail system so u could seen offline messges to a friend or an item to a friend while there offline. with a week long timer befor anything left in the mail is deleated.

anyway. all and all that is why there is no game bank

Tallon
11-27-2014, 11:53 PM
there are no banks simply due to the fact that they can make more money by charging people $$ for more slots. There are alot of things they COULD do to make this game better, but why put the effort into it when people are spending $$ the way that it is now.
They are counting on new players coming in blind and throwing money away while also getting rid of as many maxed out players that are no longer spending cash. It's a business and make no mistake, they are in it for the $$ and nothing else.

Bonehead
11-28-2014, 12:18 AM
there are no banks simply due to the fact that they can make more money by charging people $$ for more slots. There are alot of things they COULD do to make this game better, but why put the effort into it when people are spending $$ the way that it is now.
They are counting on new players coming in blind and throwing money away while also getting rid of as many maxed out players that are no longer spending cash. It's a business and make no mistake, they are in it for the $$ and nothing else.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/clip-art-bingo-442587_zps130b9ebf.jpg

I do think there are people who work on this game that love it too. They are not the ones with the juice to make stuff like this happen though.

Dixie Cougar
11-28-2014, 01:17 AM
But they have also capped our inventory slots to prevent lag, thus capping their potential revenue. Bank would open that up again without having a massive onboard inventory causing issues, right?