PDA

View Full Version : Joy & Disappointment

KingNephilim
11-29-2014, 12:42 PM
This morning on PS3, myself & about 30 odd randoms managed to pass stage 10 on a volge siege at the bathhouse. I was elated, of course... been trying to get that pursuit for the longest time. The devs did a great job at fixing the bugs there & I am grateful.
At the end of it, I ranked number one... & received a blue 7th legion katana as my weapon reward. I was rather thrilled at being granted the blade until I realized I could not use it (as I do not have the dlc) & i also could not sell it -_-

So off it went to a vender... for around a measly 700 scrip.

konstantinov
11-29-2014, 12:45 PM
Are you a f2p player? The core game is free not all the dlc's that everyone else paid for.

KingNephilim
11-29-2014, 06:31 PM
I am... & i'm aware, especially considering I paid for the casthian dlc. However, was rather disappointing to receive a reward i could neither use nor sell to another player.

Wilhelm Keitel
11-29-2014, 06:34 PM
And yet it happens to everyone that does not own the corresponding DLC
Seems the correct word would be expected.

konstantinov
11-29-2014, 06:34 PM
I am... & i'm aware, especially considering I paid for the casthian dlc. However, was rather disappointing to receive a reward i could neither use nor sell to another player.

Life is full of disappointments.

Atticus Batman
11-29-2014, 08:46 PM
It's simple. Incursions, are DLC events and therefore give DLC items. The same goes for Warmaster. The choice is ignore those events, or do them for the fun and get rid of what you can't use.

Also the only tradable swords in game are the New Carving Blades from the New Frontier Harvests. I am also afraid that they have repeatedly said that the existing sword type would never be tradable. So we can only hope that from now on any new blades that are added will be tradable.

Personally I think that the easy solution would be just to remove the Katana from the incursion loot tables or add coding that makes it so only DLC owners have a chance at the Katana at incursions, since the Katana and all chargeblades except the Carving knife, are not tradable.

Either fix would work from a non-dlc owner's point of view since they would no longer get a completely worthless weapon. Because face it, a weapon that can not be used or traded is useless. However the DLC guns and shields are still useful to you because they can be sold to other players, and some go for quite a bit. Like the Wanyu, the Proliferator, and the Custom headshot bolter. (Not sure if Zaggers are still worth millions though since I don't own one to see how it works with current mechanics)