PDA

View Full Version : Most Disappointing Moments

Mosiah TheSAVAGE
11-30-2014, 03:14 AM
The Warmaster(WM), known as the hardest boss. Many still haven't defeated it, including even the max cap guys. I got annoyed after constantly losing and getting trash but my friend wanted me to come plus I'd heard about the loot people have gained for winning. We fight hard and as he's on the last of his health and my Wolfman ends his life I screamed. I didnt think I could win, EVER, but we did. The satisfaction of killing such an "immortal" boss was great but what good is a feat without a trophy. I looked into my inventory expecting an OJ Typhoon X or Zagger or Springer and get...a purple Quickshot Pistol -_-. Got any disappointing moments, share here!!!

SirServed
11-30-2014, 03:18 AM
The Quickshot Blaster is good, shame on you.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-30-2014, 03:19 AM
they nerfed the loot drop. everyone only has less than 5% to get an oj . better than no chance at all

Bentu
11-30-2014, 03:31 AM
I think the latest 2 syns have been made to bring down the WM, initially use *plate slicer weapons and finish him off with purge.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-30-2014, 03:40 AM
what good are they ? if you get booted trying to get in?

rockbottom5150
11-30-2014, 05:47 AM
Had this happen to me THREE times Saturday. Put down all 4 spikes. Calls down Arkfall, start killing bad guys and poof, the whole thing just disappears

ColapsN7
11-30-2014, 06:40 AM
ru
когда зона зачистена вход в арену * двери open 5менут (зади ваителя , вся команда должна однавременно стрилять) *Rush Fire

gule
when the zone Strip entrance to the arena * door open 5men (Zadie vaitelya, the whole team must odnavremenno strilyat)
*Rush Fire

(sore) talk russian

...N7 . (new) -- .

Obvious Obbe
11-30-2014, 08:20 AM
Well if everyone would start telling about their most disappointing moments in Defiance I predict the server will overload. These days its mainly the dwindling server populations, the lack of things to do and the screw over after screw over we get. I get depressed logging in these days and find a ghost time.

Graywolfe
11-30-2014, 09:45 AM
what good are they ? if you get booted trying to get in?

^This

Only have ever finished one. I dont remember what i got but i didnt care i was just glad to finally have finished him.

Maeson
11-30-2014, 10:15 AM
The moment every so often when I try PvP in this game. Every time I get dissapointed in myself as I make the same mistake of trying.

Yes, I am raging about it because it is a disorganized, unbalanced, mismanaged, systematically broken, piece of irredeemable garbage not even worthy of being in the general zip code area of a pile of moldy, runny, maggot infested pow dung. And in my opinion if the current iteration was removed right now with no alternative in place, the game would be better off for it.
But that's just me after trying to Shadow War for a bit. That being the only PvP part of the game I have found remotely tolerable. And I'll probably have a brain fart in a few days a try again. Definition of insanity and all that.

Grey Dawn
11-30-2014, 07:13 PM
Pretty much anything from 1.5 onwards. Even those things that weren't disappointing at first (rarity upgrade), were quickly made to be so in short order.

konstantinov
11-30-2014, 07:52 PM
The most disappointing moment was when this game went f2p.

crasher
11-30-2014, 11:11 PM
The most disappointing moment was when this game went f2p.
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/kaos_crasher/Snoopy_Glasses_thumbsup.jpg

Bonehead
11-30-2014, 11:55 PM
I would have to say the most disappointing things to me are the lack of resources the game suffers from manifesting in poorly written fetch quests being released as story content. A complete departure from the original story line with Von Bach being somehow mysteriously affected by the ark core its self to some tripe about a "divergent ego" that was nowhere mentioned in the original story without any expository mechanism of any kind to explain it.
Poorly implemented and managed netcode. Poorly managed game code.
DLC 5, the free to play patch that introduced threat scaling.
The 7th Legion DLC completely void of any story at all.
The nerfing to dust of the Firestorm and Thundershock.

Meh... I can think of more for sure but to what end?

It is what it is.

Atticus Batman
12-01-2014, 12:02 AM
I would have to say the most disappointing things to me are the lack of resources the game suffers from manifesting in poorly written fetch quests being released as story content. A complete departure from the original story line with Von Bach being somehow mysteriously affected by the ark core its self to some tripe about a "divergent ego" that was nowhere mentioned in the original story without any expository mechanism of any kind to explain it.

Meh...

The ego part isn't that confusing Boney.

All ark cores house an ego. Von Bach accidently activated it, when tinkering with the thing. His eyes glowing during his Showdown against Nim on the bridge, was from the ego starting gain awareness, and instinctively fighting for it's own survival.

However I can't disagree with the rest. I do wish they would have made all the uniquely named guns orange. IT would be nice if Rashere sees this and decides to do just that. Then makes it so every account that originally had one of those unique guns is rewarded with a new Oj one. However that will never happen! :(

Bonehead
12-01-2014, 12:24 AM
We'll agree to disagree on that ego deal B Man. I think it was a clumsy departure from the original story after the original writing staff was let go. I's been a while but I've done the main story over a dozen times and the ark cores were described as AIs. Never a mention of an ego in there at all until well after the fact. I know one original writer remains but one person can't replace a whole team and it shows creatively. There was no original story link between the ego and the ark core. That only came later on as a cobbled on afterthought it seemed to me. The entire continuity of the story line was lost completely and is still foundering. There is no compelling interest or arc being created, only some arenas and fetch quests.

Nothing released after launch has come remotely close to being as fully fleshed out and well developed or as interesting and compelling as the original characters and story.

It's nobody's fault. They just can't afford it.

Atticus Batman
12-01-2014, 03:32 AM
Lol an ego intelligence is an AI, silly Boney! However that thing about killing a real person to turn them into an AI/ego is 1960s scifi shtick!

Bonehead
12-01-2014, 03:36 AM
Lol an ego intelligence is an AI, silly Boney! However that thing about killing a real person to turn them into an AI/ego is 1960s scifi shtick!

They make a definite distinction early on in the tutorial and story between an ego implant and a regular AI. They are not synonymous in the story or lore.

Atticus Batman
12-01-2014, 03:50 AM
They make a definite distinction early on in the tutorial and story between an ego implant and a regular AI. They are not synonymous in the story or lore.

They also make it a point early on to let you know that Von butt is the most important man alive, and your arkhunter is just a useless two-bit merc for hire. Doesn't make it true though, does it? Without the player's arkhunter, Paradise, and because of tie-ins, The town of Defiance would be non-existant ruble. Von Butt be damned! I've said it before and will say it again!

This is the TRUE face of Von Bach!

Erich von dem Bach-Zelewski (http://www.holocaustresearchproject.org/einsatz/bach-zelweski.html)

http://www.holocaustresearchproject.org/einsatz/images/Bach-Zelewski.jpg

SirServed
12-01-2014, 04:25 AM
But that guy has hair!

JadedSinn
12-01-2014, 06:11 AM
most disapointing moment. when i got over ego 5560 and realised im going to soon have nothing left. but pvp

Lubber
12-01-2014, 08:01 AM
Nothing released after launch has come remotely close to being as fully fleshed out and well developed or as interesting and compelling as the original characters and story.

It's nobody's fault. They just can't afford it...

+1 to both parts. Those two indians with shared laptop at family garage, that's what the TRYon is, can't effort this. I imagine TRYon like this, because only than I can't blame them for ineffectiveness and low quality.

Grey Dawn
12-01-2014, 08:53 AM

Meh... I can think of more for sure but to what end?

It is what it is.

I think it would be quicker and easier to list the things in the game that aren't a disappointment in one way or another. Lord knows there aren't too many of those things left at this point.

Atticus Batman
12-01-2014, 09:29 PM
But that guy has hair!

Come on, you have been around for awhile. You know all about the research and coding errors in this game!

SirServed
12-02-2014, 03:10 AM
Come on, you have been around for awhile. You know all about the research and coding errors in this game!
I'm laughing so hard right now, the tears just won't let up.

Dixie Cougar
12-02-2014, 04:04 AM
He put a hat on and it forced his hair to change. Then he took it off, and the hair stayed, am I right?

Chump Norris
12-02-2014, 04:09 AM
It would be Zagger nerf for me...I put off trying to get a QM Zagger for so long but Trick said they wouldn't be nerfed so I hunted for one. I wish I could go back and tell myself to not do it.

hiban
12-02-2014, 05:06 AM
My most disappointing moments are those in which i'm doing a SV incursion, and there is some random player who keeps killing the enemies, preventing them from destroying the crystals.

As you know, those incursions are glitched, and they wont advance unless you let them destroy the crystals. And if they dont advance, that means they wont count for the new SV pursuits.

The most disappointing is that, although we start asking in Area chat, and trying to explain people why they should let the enemies destroy the crystal, there is always one or two players who don't read the chat (or they just want to troll).

Even if we try filling the chat with a wall of the same repeated text (so there is a 99.99% chance that they see it) they still ignore it, making the incursion fail for everyone else about 50% of the times.

JadedSinn
12-02-2014, 07:27 AM
My most disappointing moments are those in which i'm doing a SV incursion, and there is some random player who keeps killing the enemies, preventing them from destroying the crystals.

As you know, those incursions are glitched, and they wont advance unless you let them destroy the crystals. And if they dont advance, that means they wont count for the new SV pursuits.

The most disappointing is that, although we start asking in Area chat, and trying to explain people why they should let the enemies destroy the crystal, there is always one or two players who don't read the chat (or they just want to troll).

Even if we try filling the chat with a wall of the same repeated text (so there is a 99.99% chance that they see it) they still ignore it, making the incursion fail for everyone else about 50% of the times.

more annoying then that. is when your trying to get a kill count and your on the evangalians and someone swoops in and kills all of them while your trying to rack up kills. -.-'' i thought i was doing one solo and 6 guys showed up and destroyed the little enamy towers while i was farming kills. it was depressing. and it seems this has become the norm for all shards i hit...

Lubber
12-02-2014, 07:59 AM

Did that once :rolleyes: But at that time I did not know that pursuit counter glitch at this case. :p

Tex_Arcana
12-02-2014, 08:15 AM
Did that once :rolleyes: But at that time I did not know that pursuit counter glitch at this case. :p
And I just found out from reading this thread.
So: How exactly does this work? You just stand there (in the zone) and watch them break the Crystals?
PS. Most disappointing moment so far is the present event.
Between poor drops, and ridiculously choppy video (I'm guessing due to the Choppers); I do not find myself very interested in going.

brokenshield
12-02-2014, 08:28 AM

Was not aware of this, as I've only just started chasing those pursuits. This does explain why no matter how many I killed they just kept coming.

As for the chat messages, I'm on XBox, so the amount of less than useless info clogging the window means I seldom ever check it. Good to know info, though. I will definately go about things differently from now on.

Lubber
12-02-2014, 08:33 AM
So: How exactly does this work? You just stand there (in the zone) and watch them break the Crystals?

Yep. Come there, shoot one mob to get credit for participation, stand and watch as enemies break the crystal, when all 3 are broken - evangels appear. Destroy each of three evangels with couple shots at crit spot - incursion zone complete. Go to the second and the third, repeat above to get credit for all three.

... This does explain why no matter how many I killed they just kept coming.
You get it wrong. Enemies are ending, they just many (500 for each of three zones, I guess). It is possible to protect crystals. Did that. The problem is in pursuit counter - it is bugged. And after all, letting enemies to blow the crystal make it faster to achieve credit for pursuit. No point to score there - rewards are awful anyway.

crazyged
12-02-2014, 09:51 AM
You get it wrong. Enemies are ending, they just many (500 for each of three zones, I guess). It is possible to protect crystals. Did that. The problem is in pursuit counter - it is bugged. And after all, letting enemies to blow the crystal make it faster to achieve credit for pursuit. No point to score there - rewards are awful anyway.

Yeah, this dawned on me last night when my hellbug incursions weren't progressing - I've done almost 30 and have only registered 9 in my pursuits.

Now the fun part trying to tell everyone at the site NOT to kill the bugs - it's going to be like lots of little warmaster locks... urgh...

brokenshield
12-02-2014, 10:02 AM

Was speaking in relative terms. After killing 300+, I just figured it was bugged and slowed down in my zeal to protect the crystal. Never the less, changes my gameplay at these events.

Burned In Effigy
12-02-2014, 02:40 PM
For some ****ing reason I can't ever complete the weekly coops anymore. Last week it was island expert; it also became a daily which I still couldn't complete. Now? Its soleptor coop. I DC every tim . I DCD 50xs last week til Sunday. ****ing ********. This wsd after aftermath patch BTW. Frustrated.

Dixie Cougar
12-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Yeah, this dawned on me last night when my hellbug incursions weren't progressing - I've done almost 30 and have only registered 9 in my pursuits.

Now the fun part trying to tell everyone at the site NOT to kill the bugs - it's going to be like lots of little warmaster locks... urgh...

You're holding the bug shooters hostage! Shame on you! (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2014/07/09/warmaster-event-changes-in-defiance-2-1/)

SCAVENGER1
12-02-2014, 02:57 PM
The Warmaster(WM), known as the hardest boss. Many still haven't defeated it, including even the max cap guys. I got annoyed after constantly losing and getting trash but my friend wanted me to come plus I'd heard about the loot people have gained for winning. We fight hard and as he's on the last of his health and my Wolfman ends his life I screamed. I didnt think I could win, EVER, but we did. The satisfaction of killing such an "immortal" boss was great but what good is a feat without a trophy. I looked into my inventory expecting an OJ Typhoon X or Zagger or Springer and get...a purple Quickshot Pistol -_-. Got any disappointing moments, share here!!!

i really feel for you, cause the most i get from a win with the monkey i get greens and blues and maybe a junk purple :( even if it is a lost same dam thing and it doesnt matter where on the board i place the color of the loot is allways the same white/green maybe blue

SCAVENGER1
12-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Was not aware of this, as I've only just started chasing those pursuits. This does explain why no matter how many I killed they just kept coming.

As for the chat messages, I'm on XBox, so the amount of less than useless info clogging the window means I seldom ever check it. Good to know info, though. I will definately go about things differently from now on.

yes if you kill maybe a few and then let them take the crystal over it will then progress to the evangel and then you will get it over with. but it doesnt seem to matter how muich you say in area chat there will allways be someone who doesnt care. and then when it ends with out progressing and you is done with out you getting anything like the leader board. it is because players just keep killing till the event is bugged and wont go no where and all that will have been for nothing.

i can never understand why so many players can be so hateful towards other players when they should know if they dont listen to other that know. but those players will just ignore you and keep going on and aggravate players just to do it i think.. it is a shame

JadedSinn
12-02-2014, 03:17 PM
u know whats sad is that there not as buged as people think. the enamys spawn out further then normel and have to be hunted down for the SV incersions (( PTSer )) iv been doing thes things none stop from the start of there release soloing 90% of them you can protect the crystals 100% u just have to go hunting for the enamy. the waves are not endless thy do end.

take the one near the rift as a prime exsample. the enamys are down on the other side of the main road there where the major arkfalls normaly land. all u have to do is go tromping though the hills hunitng them down when the flow of enamys is down to a meager 1 or 2. o.o iv comepleated little over 60 of them befor the persuite was brought out . even showed a few people. if someone can throw me a map of SV thats lare enough i can even circle on it where thes enamys spawn so people can spread the word and show others.

also. you dont need to kill the evingals right away to move on. its a waist of a good score area. the hole point of the seend phase of the event is to kill ALL the enamys. not just the towers. only about helf of what spawned during the invaison its self spawn for the second phase and it can be compleated without ever fireing a shot at the evangels. or whatever the jeking things are called.

agine something people dont know -.-'' thes things are a great way to level guns up and also a great way to get kill counts up. 300+ enamys at each site. X2 if you know how to kill to a set number and then let the crystals fall.

squidgod2000
12-03-2014, 06:14 AM
Got any disappointing moments, share here!!!

Hearing the Dodge Challenger for the first time. Never drove it again.

Tex_Arcana
12-03-2014, 09:01 AM
LOL. *Sigh* Ya. Gotta Agree.
The Dunis are far more satisfying and much better to drive.
But since I bought the DLC bundle I'm loving my Raptor. :)
See my thread on what the alternative award for Pedal to the Metal should be. ;)
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?177589-Suggestion-to-Devs-Alternate-Reward-option.

Mosiah TheSAVAGE
12-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Chump Norris I agree with u on Zagger mine is a bio T5 modded one but not QM

Bonehead
12-03-2014, 02:05 PM

Totally forgot that one. Absolutely the worst hot rod sound file ever.

crasher
12-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Totally forgot that one. Absolutely the worst hot rod sound file ever.
Man, I so agree.

I had a 396 with a cam that sounded like Alex's drum intro from Van Halen's 'Hot For Teacher'.
Good times.....