PDA

View Full Version : How can I hide my online status from friends? (xbox 360)

GraphKidd
11-30-2014, 11:06 PM
Sometimes I would like to play without certain friends, but if they are playing this game they can see that I'm playing it. In my xbox Privacy Settings I have set my permanent online status to Offline. But when I'm playing the game, anyone on my friends list who is also playing the game can open the Social page and I will have a red icon beside my name so they know I'm online and playing the game.

How can I make myself completely invisible to online friends while I play this game?

Atticus Batman
11-30-2014, 11:10 PM
You can not. Your choices are, learn to live with it or Delete them from your friends list.

GraphKidd
11-30-2014, 11:33 PM
Thank you for the help.

Atticus Batman
11-30-2014, 11:48 PM
No problem. I am sorry it sucks, but since this is an MMO, it is supposed to be a social game, so it is designed so your friends always see you online.

IT can be a problem if you are avoiding people. However even if they didn't see you as online in the friends-list, they would still know you are in-game the first time they see you talk in chat, or ran into you at an event or vendor.

So, since it is an MMO and we are all able to get into the same world, there is no way to prevent them from knowing you are on. Also deleting them won't help a lot, for the above reasons.

Jeff Lonestar
12-01-2014, 01:12 AM
lol or make a new Xbox live account and start a new character :p

konstantinov
12-01-2014, 03:28 PM
There is a way to do this on ps3.

Quebra Regra
12-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Sometimes I would like to play without certain friends, but if they are playing this game they can see that I'm playing it. In my xbox Privacy Settings I have set my permanent online status to Offline. But when I'm playing the game, anyone on my friends list who is also playing the game can open the Social page and I will have a red icon beside my name so they know I'm online and playing the game.

How can I make myself completely invisible to online friends while I play this game?

I know what's going on here... yer ashamed that yer friends will catch you playing DEFIANCE and enjoying it! ;)

Flaunt it! ARKHUNTER to the end!