PDA

View Full Version : Which Platform?

Zavton
02-04-2013, 08:00 AM
I have all 3 platforms that Defiance is coming out on. Now my question is that it being a mmo shooter I would like to play on platform that will have a large community and was wondering what everyones thought is about it?

Do you think one will be better than the other? I was thinking about ps3 or 360 because i more comfortable playing shooters with a controller. But if I play on the pc can i use a controller?

Thank you in advance for your answers and have a great day.

rathb18
02-04-2013, 08:03 AM
I have all 3 platforms that Defiance is coming out on. Now my question is that it being a mmo shooter I would like to play on platform that will have a large community and was wondering what everyones thought is about it?

Do you think one will be better than the other? I was thinking about ps3 or 360 because i more comfortable playing shooters with a controller. But if I play on the pc can i use a controller?

I'd say PC, Big community, Mature players, better graphics and more FPS. And yes of course you can use a controller you can with any PC game, but K/M is usually the best for MMO's just because of the amount of buttons they usually like to use.

Super_Jagerman
02-04-2013, 08:07 AM
While PC may be the overall best machine to play with, I'd say you should base your choice on if any of your friends are getting the game and play with them. Also all three systems have mature players, it's just COD/BF3 bring of the kiddies. So don't just pick PC if you think that's the issue.

D351
02-04-2013, 08:38 AM
I'd say PC, Big community, Mature players, better graphics and more FPS. And yes of course you can use a controller you can with any PC game, but K/M is usually the best for MMO's just because of the amount of buttons they usually like to use.

Assuming that your pc can run it well enough, definitely pc.

Aaricane
02-04-2013, 08:38 AM
While PC may be the overall best machine to play with, I'd say you should base your choice on if any of your friends are getting the game and play with them. Also all three systems have mature players, it's just COD/BF3 bring of the kiddies. So don't just pick PC if you think that's the issue.This, and always this!

Besides, they've already stated the game will be the same across all platforms so i don't expect graphics on a pc to be that much better to have it influence on which platform you buy for.

DeathForaFee
02-04-2013, 08:39 AM
I know I will be on PS3. Just personal preference. PC would be my second choice, I am just not extremely comfortable using a keyboard on shooters. Yes I know there are controllers available for PC gaming, I am just more adapted to console play.

snippax
02-04-2013, 08:41 AM
The PC will have the largest community.

HALLOWEEN PRANK
02-04-2013, 08:43 AM
I will be getting the game on XBOX 360 since my friends are also getting it on xbox, and i know my PC won't be able to handle it

snippax
02-04-2013, 08:45 AM
I will be getting the game on XBOX 360 since my friends are also getting it on xbox, and i know my PC won't be able to handle it

Cheers! I'll see you on the Xbox. That's what I'm playing on as well.

rathb18
02-04-2013, 08:48 AM
This, and always this!

Besides, they've already stated the game will be the same across all platforms so i don't expect graphics on a pc to be that much better to have it influence on which platform you buy for.

They might have similar graphics but the in game graphics are not the only settings you can change the. The graphics cards settings can also drastically improve a game even if a game doesn't support it. You can force just about any option\setting in a video game on PC. So it doesn't matter what the game dev's say you can also get more out of a PC game you just need to know how.

D351
02-04-2013, 08:50 AM
They might have similar graphics but the in game graphics are not the only settings you can change the. The graphics cards settings can also drastically improve a game even if a game doesn't support it. You can force just about any option\setting in a video game on PC. So it doesn't matter what the game dev's say you can also get more out of a PC game you just need to know how.

And steal all of Smaug's gold to fund it.

Element
02-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Xbox360 for me, simply because i have a laptop that can barely play Minecraft haha. But even if I had a decent PC I would still get it on Xbox because a console MMO is just amazing.

Aaricane
02-04-2013, 09:51 AM
They might have similar graphics but the in game graphics are not the only settings you can change the. The graphics cards settings can also drastically improve a game even if a game doesn't support it. You can force just about any option\setting in a video game on PC. So it doesn't matter what the game dev's say you can also get more out of a PC game you just need to know how.Oh i very much agree with you. But i don't think it's to the point where getting the game for a platform none of your friends may have just for an increase in graphics, is a valid option.

rathb18
02-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Oh i very much agree with you. But i don't think it's to the point where getting the game for a platform none of your friends may have just for an increase in graphics, is a valid option.

Maybe, But I'm also don't play with friends on games. I'm more of a single player person and a little pvp. I have never gotten the big deal with playing with friends considering you can't exactly stop and talk nor can you really strategize on a game like this unless your just playing missions which most seem to be more into PVP for some reason.

Nervusbreakdown
02-04-2013, 10:23 AM

That is easy, xbox because it is the best online service you can have. PARTY CHAT is in full effect!

rathb18
02-04-2013, 10:33 AM
That is easy, xbox because it is the best online service you can have. PARTY CHAT is in full effect!

Pc has the best online considering it don't rely on a single server like PS3 and 360 remember when both of there servers when down and PS3 was offline for months and 360 a few weeks? Pc you never have to worry about unless your ISP goes offline or something. And Team speak or Vent are by far superior chat clients considering you can use it with any game and supports I think around 100 people, plus you can password it and customize a whole slew of features and options.

Dead_Phoenix
02-04-2013, 10:36 AM
seriously in this debate myself. on the one hand i have alot more friends on ps3. however alot of them are COD players through and through (its ok, ill play it but i dont think its worth the hype imho), most will try defiance, or at least they will when im through with them. but the big question is will they stick with defiance.

how ever pc for me is a great way to make alot of more friends, and my pc can handle it. but is stuck in the office, and i hate going into mmo's not knowing anyone

if i knew i could carry my characters between my accounts i would just buy both tbh

Halek Tracer
02-04-2013, 12:00 PM
I'm getting it on Xbox360.

Aaricane
02-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Maybe, But I'm also don't play with friends on games. I'm more of a single player person and a little pvp. I have never gotten the big deal with playing with friends considering you can't exactly stop and talk nor can you really strategize on a game like this unless your just playing missions which most seem to be more into PVP for some reason.In that case, i would probably go with the PC option as well, if i had a decent one.

DuoMaxwell007
02-04-2013, 12:38 PM
While PC may be the overall best machine to play with, I'd say you should base your choice on if any of your friends are getting the game and play with them. Also all three systems have mature players, it's just COD/BF3 bring of the kiddies. So don't just pick PC if you think that's the issue.

name a shooter that doenst have a bunch of "kiddies"

hhkaal416
02-04-2013, 01:16 PM
I just reserved this game for PS3 today, i want it so bad

Kaoslion
02-04-2013, 01:28 PM
I think for the snipers if your planning on going that route I would say PC with keyboard and mouse. But from what I have seen I don't know if keyboard and mouse will have that much of a advantage.

Dead_Phoenix
02-04-2013, 01:30 PM
you know that makes me wonder if theres auto aim?

hhkaal416
02-04-2013, 01:43 PM

I read that, there is auto aim, and its killing the game xD

Kaoslion
02-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Can't really talk about it but not auto aim in the traditional sense. Ummm sign up for beta and see for yourself its a lot of fun.

Aaricane
02-04-2013, 02:23 PM
I read that, there is auto aim, and its killing the game xDTell that to CoD and Halo:)

Guknowit
02-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Tell that to CoD and Halo:)

There's auto aim in CoD and Halo? Lol, if so man, I didn't even notice.

On topic: I'm going PC.

Aaricane
02-04-2013, 03:12 PM
There's auto aim in CoD and Halo? Lol, if so man, I didn't even notice.

On topic: I'm going PC.Call of Duty more so.....

SyberSmoke
02-04-2013, 03:14 PM

There is Auto Aim but it is only active with controllers.

As for what platform...I can not fathom why people are so enamored with the idea of an MMO on a console. The current gen of Consoles is woefully under powered and lacking in memory compared to the average PC. This is not even mentioning that in the next year or two the next generation of consoles will be coming out.

So I will be getting this for the PC. My PC is not tied to some service that can fail. It is not tied to a service I need to pay for. And my guild is on other PC games and MMO's. Not to mention that The TV and Console I have are shared in the family. My PC is not...

Guknowit
02-04-2013, 03:19 PM
Call of Duty more so.....

Dang, I've been doing it wrong this whole time lol.

Aaricane
02-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Dang, I've been doing it wrong this whole time lol.Start a splitscreen game, turn player ones crosshairs down a hallway, take player 2 (opposite team of course) and run past the hallway. Lot's of times, player 1 crosshairs will follow player 2 slightly.

DarkKnight27
02-04-2013, 03:30 PM
I have xbox 360 and pc. I was going to get it for pc because I am assuming there will end up being more people on pc, but more of my friends are getting it on xbox so I am getting it for xbox 360. I think it has to be personal preference for what system to choose the game for.

WarMad2
02-04-2013, 03:57 PM
This, and always this!

Not always true. The average PC could possibly have a vid card = or just close about to the consoles, but those with better vid cards will still always be able to bring out the best in a game. Not to mention you have your standard and Hi Def cables as well. PC will always dominate when it comes to Graphics. I play the same games as my brother in law, he has a PS3, I had a PC and my Video is still better than his, and he uses Hi Def cable.

Aaricane
02-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Not always true. The average PC could possibly have a vid card = or just close about to the consoles, but those with better vid cards will still always be able to bring out the best in a game. Not to mention you have your standard and Hi Def cables as well. PC will always dominate when it comes to Graphics. I play the same games as my brother in law, he has a PS3, I had a PC and my Video is still better than his, and he uses Hi Def cable.I dunno if you read all the other previous postings, but my statement has been cleared up a little into how i meant for it to be taken:)

Vuule
02-04-2013, 04:24 PM
PC will probably have the largest (ongoing) community. Hopefully enough will play (and keep playing) it on the PS3 to make it feel like a MMO.

WarMad2
02-04-2013, 04:26 PM
I dunno if you read all the other previous postings, but my statement has been cleared up a little into how i meant for it to be taken:)

No I didnt :D
I only catch up with the Hidden codes page lmao

TurkeyDinner
02-04-2013, 05:28 PM
I will be getting mine on PS3. I was also thinkig of getting Defiance on PC but my hand has trouble keyboards.

Kaoslion
02-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Turkey controller works great you don't have to have a keyboard and mouse with pc.

Kobolt
02-04-2013, 06:21 PM
PC for me. I wonder why the KB/M is so intimidating to console players....

Kaoslion
02-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Not intimidating just a lot more relaxed I would say. especially for non PC gamers I think they want to sit in their comfy chair with a controller and play on a huge Flat screen. and if you use HDMI with a big tv with PC you can also get lag issues.

Rokkrwolf
02-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Pretty sure there was another thread like this but I plan on picking it for both my 360 and pc, I have different groups of friends who prefer one or the other so going to have to find time between the two.

Vuule
02-04-2013, 07:08 PM
PC for me. I wonder why the KB/M is so intimidating to console players....

Because it's not..

rathb18
02-05-2013, 05:32 AM
Not intimidating just a lot more relaxed I would say. especially for non PC gamers I think they want to sit in their comfy chair with a controller and play on a huge Flat screen. and if you use HDMI with a big tv with PC you can also get lag issues.

I play PC games on my HDTV and my HD projector which is 120inch screen and I have never had lag much less heard of it. If any platform had lag it would be consoles considering there using a lower version of HDMI compared to PC. So stop making stuff up. And a K/M are just as comfortable I use mine when I sit on my futon and they work just fine in fact I have not had nor used a desk for my gaming for about 3 years now.

Zavton
02-07-2013, 08:03 AM
I want to thank everyone for their advice. After considering all the choices I think I will go with the 360. I think id have more fun playing this type of game kicked backed on the sofa or laying in bed.

I chose the 360 over the ps3 because even though you have to pay for xbl I find the online Better for me. Now all these are my opinions and I took everything into consideration.

Im just glad my biggest problem was which platform to play it on, and now that I think about it, its a pretty good problem to have. Thank you all for your time and helping me out to look at the best from each platform and how I planed on playing.

Psychrome
02-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Strangely enough i will be doing the same thing on my PC i have a 42 in hdtv as a monitor and a smaller secondary screen for my voice chat and other stuff for down times...my computer chair is probably the most comfortable chair in the house and i have fallen asleep many late nights gaming of course ...my PC is extremely good and have built my game room around pc gaming :) good luck with the xbox though, i hear the xbox controllers can be used on a pc as well so i guess thats something else for some people trying to decide

SmgUk
02-07-2013, 11:56 AM
I am planning on getting the game for both xbox and pc but my problem is i don't know which one to get the collectors edition for hmm.

Nervusbreakdown
02-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Pc has the best online considering it don't rely on a single server like PS3 and 360 remember when both of there servers when down and PS3 was offline for months and 360 a few weeks? Pc you never have to worry about unless your ISP goes offline or something. And Team speak or Vent are by far superior chat clients considering you can use it with any game and supports I think around 100 people, plus you can password it and customize a whole slew of features and options.

There was never a time that xbox live was down no more then 1 day for the xbox live dashboard upgrade. PS3 is the other hand...well you know the story to that.

Youf facts are wrong.

rathb18
02-07-2013, 12:54 PM
There was never a time that xbox live was down no more then 1 day for the xbox live dashboard upgrade. PS3 is the other hand...well you know the story to that.

Youf facts are wrong.

Xbox live has gone down several times since the 360 was released a few times no more than a few days and the longest time was 2 weeks during xmas a few years ago.

rathb18
02-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Strangely enough i will be doing the same thing on my PC i have a 42 in hdtv as a monitor and a smaller secondary screen for my voice chat and other stuff for down times...my computer chair is probably the most comfortable chair in the house and i have fallen asleep many late nights gaming of course ...my PC is extremely good and have built my game room around pc gaming :) good luck with the xbox though, i hear the xbox controllers can be used on a pc as well so i guess thats something else for some people trying to decide

Yep same here I got my futon and a 120inch projector screen full HD (HD20 projector) with wireless K/M. So I will be doing the same on my PC I built. Kinda funny how no console fanboy seems to relize that. They think we still sit 1 foot away from a 20inch screen or something. lol

Dead_Phoenix
02-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Yep same here I got my futon and a 120inch projector screen full HD (HD20 projector) with wireless K/M. So I will be doing the same on my PC I built. Kinda funny how no console fanboy seems to relize that. They think we still sit 1 foot away from a 20inch screen or something. lol

fyi i want to give that projector a go! best iv seen (in a home) is a customer of mine with a 60" hd tv. he let me have a go on BF with and my god i was litraly sat there jaw open. so 120" projector.... yes please!

fpsgnate
02-07-2013, 01:11 PM
My money will always go to PC when we're talking about any even mildly MMO-related. I prefer console gaming in general, but MMO's are all PC for me.

rathb18
02-07-2013, 01:26 PM
fyi i want to give that projector a go! best iv seen (in a home) is a customer of mine with a 60" hd tv. he let me have a go on BF with and my god i was litraly sat there jaw open. so 120" projector.... yes please!

Lol, Yeah best money I ever spend about half the cost of a 55inch HDTV, If you ever get one I would recommend the HD33 it's the newer one with 120hz and 3d.

Dead_Phoenix
02-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Lol, Yeah best money I ever spend about half the cost of a 55inch HDTV, If you ever get one I would recommend the HD33 it's the newer one with 120hz and 3d.

the projector might of been about that but i need you need a killer graphics card to run it. let alone the rest. to its full potensial that is