PDA

View Full Version : Player Character Names?

Sam
08-05-2012, 09:45 AM
If anyone knows how character names will work because regarding Xbox and PS3 will you have to come up with a new name or will it use your gamer tag? And if so would it be only one Sam per server type of deal? (I'd guess it'd be like that on PC)

Dibs on Sam... just saying.

Kalbuir
08-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Hello Sam, in the GamesCom panel they said name your character appropriately after a question regarding if player characters would ever get appearances in the tv show. (don't expect this to happen very often).

This would imply that xbox360 and PS3 will not be using their current gaming tags but you instead create a character. If it will be first name and fullname is unsure at this time but I am personally hoping we have the possibility to do both.

As in calling dips on names, some MMO's do this when you pre-order the game but no matter when the deadline is there will be a race on certain names.

Jenbuu
08-05-2012, 03:43 PM
I would think that the pre order system may do it.
but then again it all goes down to what business model they will go with.

F2p - founders packages
pre purchase
pre order

im hoping tho there will be some way of reserving names.

as for first and surnames they could do it like eve online did and allow spaces in names so that for example my character was called "punker adagear"

so you could do names that way

Matt Treck
08-05-2012, 04:06 PM
I doubt this will happen but what I would love is if they do names the way The Secret World does them. Basically you have three names, first, nick, and surname. Only the nick name is unique meaning that there can be duplicate first and last names.

Escyos
08-06-2012, 10:55 AM
It would be linked to your trion account so there would probably be a shared user database to ensure that someone did not impersonate another user, cause trouble and get them kicked off.

And I think that Sam, as possibly one of the more common names, would be snapped up quickly. Best be fast when registering.

Arkamenitas
08-11-2012, 10:01 PM
That's actually a good question. i assume that console characters will still make names (what if you want more than one character after all?). Perhaps gamertag/etc would come in in terms of friendlists/etc on the console versions then