PDA

View Full Version : More people will be coming.

Niner82
12-03-2014, 09:32 AM
With Warface closing Feb. 1st, I know a lot of people who will be migrating to Defiance. Hopefully that will help bring numbers back up and make it easier to find people to play with all the time.:)

Quebra Regra
12-03-2014, 12:58 PM
With Warface closing Feb. 1st, I know a lot of people who will be migrating to Defiance. Hopefully that will help bring numbers back up and make it easier to find people to play with all the time.:)

I'm actually a bit surprised that there wasn't more advert for DEFIANCE FREE TO PLAY on XBOX live. Every time I look at the games tab I see F2P advert for WARFACE or tanks (mostly tanks), but no mention of DEFIANCE.

I think alot of people still don't know.

Niner82
12-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Yes we are pissed at Crytek for downing our game. I have spread the word that this game is awesome. A lot of my friends are already playing it.

Quebra Regra
12-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Yes we are pissed at Crytek for downing our game. I have spread the word that this game is awesome. A lot of my friends are already playing it.

I tried WARFACE, it was pretty ho-hum at best.

DEFIANCE still has more going on that DESTINY at this point IMHO.

Atticus Batman
12-03-2014, 10:17 PM
Lots of the first warface players on console came from Defiance. We quickly came back to Defiance.

Btw, here's some interesting info for you. Trion was the original publisher working with Crytek on Warface, but then Trion mysteriously dropped their connection.

http://www.trionworlds.com/en/news/2013/01/warface-closed-beta-starts-today/

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-06-26-crytek-refuses-to-comment-on-trion-relationship-following-warface-silence

http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/25/trion-drops-warface-from-its-website-crytek-still-working-on-u-s-release/

Niner82
12-04-2014, 09:39 AM
Ya it was just a ploy to make money for their PC version, the Xbox version was.

DEATHBRINGER210
12-04-2014, 11:17 AM
they are coming for the crimfighters and bmgs plenty to go around for every one

hardy83
12-04-2014, 11:22 AM
That's good. This game deserves more attention...And updates, though I imagine many people who play games like Warface will be looking for a solid PvP experience, which to my knowledge, this game is lacking.....I still think Shadow Wars should've been the only PvP option and just massively expanded to various game types. lol

DEATHBRINGER210
12-04-2014, 11:22 AM
and more booting action also

Quebra Regra
12-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Lots of the first warface players on console came from Defiance. We quickly came back to Defiance.

Btw, here's some interesting info for you. Trion was the original publisher working with Crytek on Warface, but then Trion mysteriously dropped their connection.

http://www.trionworlds.com/en/news/2013/01/warface-closed-beta-starts-today/

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-06-26-crytek-refuses-to-comment-on-trion-relationship-following-warface-silence

http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/25/trion-drops-warface-from-its-website-crytek-still-working-on-u-s-release/

Interesting I found that a while back as well. I think it was indicative of what was going on at TRION at that time.

hardy83
12-04-2014, 11:44 AM
Trion was a co-publisher or something back then.
They were also working on a game called End of Nations.

Not everything ends up becoming a thing in the end. lol

Bentu
12-04-2014, 12:10 PM
I started a new character this morning and there were loads of new players dropping over the wall.

Quebra Regra
12-04-2014, 01:49 PM
That's good. This game deserves more attention...And updates, though I imagine many people who play games like Warface will be looking for a solid PvP experience, which to my knowledge, this game is lacking.....I still think Shadow Wars should've been the only PvP option and just massively expanded to various game types. lol

I freely admit I'm not a PVP guru, and I'm likely an idiot, but sometimes the PVP in this game is fun (which I can't really say about any other PVP game I've played). Maybe it's the maps, or the loadouts or the community, but it's fun sometimes.. if you don't take it seriously. Sometimes you just want a quick deathmatch on the waterfront... I'm glad the options are there.

Quebra Regra
12-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Trion was a co-publisher or something back then.
They were also working on a game called End of Nations.

Not everything ends up becoming a thing in the end. lol

I figured they were just too busy with DEFIANCE, which was a handful.

Grey Dawn
12-04-2014, 02:36 PM
I figured they were just too busy with DEFIANCE, which was a handful.

What really happened with EoN was that they pulled a major NGE and changed the core gameplay of the game, and thusly alienated pretty much every Alpha tester they had (sound familiar Defiance fans?).

Bonehead
12-04-2014, 04:36 PM
I don't think this game will ever see any huge bump in population. There is no money for the kind of development it would take to break through the established position this game has earned on the gaming landscape. There wasn't even the slightest bump in the steam charts for the aftermath release.

It's a fun game for a while but without a real expansion of the game world or real creative input into genuinely expanding on the main story, this game is going nowhere. Not saying it's going to die per se, but its best days are behind it.

Just a simple money thing.

Niner82
12-04-2014, 05:08 PM
I like it, and I'm not much of a pvp person, I like co-op. I'm having fun with it so far. My clan from Warface followed me here and like it too. Warface Xbox 360 version was a fund maker for their PC version. They screwed everybody in the end. At least with this game there is plenty to do without paying money.

Quebra Regra
12-05-2014, 01:52 PM
I don't think this game will ever see any huge bump in population. There is no money for the kind of development it would take to break through the established position this game has earned on the gaming landscape. There wasn't even the slightest bump in the steam charts for the aftermath release.

It's a fun game for a while but without a real expansion of the game world or real creative input into genuinely expanding on the main story, this game is going nowhere. Not saying it's going to die per se, but its best days are behind it.

Just a simple money thing.

aint gonna lie, I don't know how their plan for monetizing this game is actually going to work out.

I'd like to see them create an optimized version for the XBONE... I'd pay for that (again).

Would it be so hard to create some treasure hunts (like crate drops in GTA online), and other new events? There's a lot of map territory with no real reason to visit.

Seems like some creative things could still be done with minimal effort/cost.