PDA

View Full Version : "Make me an offer" smh

SUPREEM
12-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Im a bit annoyed with this "make me an offer" thing. I mean what is the point? You ask for offer, i give offer, and you say "no thanks" or "i could get better" or you even say "i paid XX for it so i need more than that", and it all comes down to the fact that YOU ALREADY KNOW THE MORE THAN LIKELY ABSURD AMMOUNT YOU WANT. So that being said, why play "make me an offer" in the first place? Would it not be much easier to say what you want ahead of time? Does it make more sense for you to expect people to guess the number thats already lurking in your mind? Also, if your hopes are toget the most for your item then all you have to do is auction it off with a starting bid you are comfortable enough with to accept. I just think its a waste of everyones time when we start playing "guess what i want/im hoping for" aka "make me an offer".

WanWhiteWolf
12-04-2014, 06:12 PM
Im a bit annoyed with this "make me an offer" thing. I mean what is the point? You ask for offer, i give offer, and you say "no thanks" or "i could get better" or you even say "i paid XX for it so i need more than that", and it all comes down to the fact that YOU ALREADY KNOW THE MORE THAN LIKELY ABSURD AMMOUNT YOU WANT. So that being said, why play "make me an offer" in the first place? Would it not be much easier to say what you want ahead of time? Does it make more sense for you to expect people to guess the number thats already lurking in your mind? Also, if your hopes are toget the most for your item then all you have to do is auction it off with a starting bid you are comfortable enough with to accept. I just think its a waste of everyones time when we start playing "guess what i want/im hoping for" aka "make me an offer".

Well... the "make me an offer" is a hope to rip off somebody. Let me put it this way:

- You cannot ask 1.5 mil for a bio grenade (most people will spit you if you come with that number)
- However, there are people who would pay 1.5 mil for an OJ bio nade.

So "make me an offer" is actually a fish strategy.

To be clear here: I don't use these words. I can't remember when I sold something in Defiance. For me it's trade or giveaway.

SUPREEM
12-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Youre right. Its all about the possible rip off with those "make me an offer" types. Thats why i wont even bother responding to them because i know any reasonable offer i give wont ever be enough, unless i offer way more than i should which would never happen. My only response to "make me an offer" is "if you dont know what you want for it niether do i, thanks anyway" lol.

Nefarious
12-04-2014, 06:59 PM
For me its like those Pawn shows on tv. And just another aspect of entertainment from the game.

When it comes to selling I either totally undersell just to get rid of stuff because its either 2000 selling it to the vendor or get 10'000 selling it to someone else. Or I sell it for what its worth which is easy, but if people want to take that and sell it to make a profit then that's their hassle to try and find a buyers to do that to.

And a trick that Im using when selling items is that most the time when I put an item down in the trades menu I also add scrip in so it shows on top of the item as to show what amount I want the item for. Most people get it. When they put an equal or close amount Im satisfied with I drop the scrip amount to 1 then go about finalizing the trade. Be cool if there was an option of when putting items onto the trade window you can also attach price.

Dixie Cougar
12-04-2014, 07:15 PM
I don't like the "offer" thing either and try not to do in as many words but there are at least three valid reasons this is common:

First, the market is horribly inefficient due to the lack of an AH and other factors. This means most of the time people don't know what their own stuff is worth and don't want to lowball themselves or conversely annoy the buyer by naming an "outrageous" price.

Second, scrip is kind of worthless right now due to a lack of useful things to spend it on (ie gold sinks), which tends to fuel inflation.

Third, the old adage of haggling that "he who names a number first loses" still holds.

SUPREEM
12-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Thats a neat trick Nefarious. I always give what i think is fair based on roles and/or rarity. I dont charge crazy scrip either. For example, people think its crazy that i sell my event t4 mods (purge, plate slicer) for 50k each no matter what and not 100k or more. Why should i charge more than what i would pay? When i need scrip i dont rip players off and ruin their fun. I just sell off old gear at decent price or i play the game collecting all the gear drops i can hold then vendor them, rinse and repeat.

Brindled
12-04-2014, 07:34 PM
...the old adage of haggling that "he who names a number first loses" still holds.

I try not to regret money left on the table.

I also like the old adage, "easy come, easy go."

;-D

Dixie Cougar
12-04-2014, 07:36 PM
I try not to regret money left on the table.

I also like the old adage, "easy come, easy go."

;-D

Yeah. I passed up a jackpot wildcat once because I thought the trade was obscenely one-sided in my favor. Ended up doing his high ego named legendary + 2 mil for my named low ego legendary. Sometimes I regret that.

jesseisabeastt
12-04-2014, 07:50 PM
For me i ask other too offer because:

In real life everything has a value. If a monet painting is worth 10m. People are gunna value it around 10m.

BUTTTTT. in defiance i might value a OJ frag at 300k. Because maybe i have connections from friends. Others may think theyre only 100k.

So i ask for an offer not to fish for scrip, but to get an idea of how they value item "X" this way if were not on the same page, there is still room future negotiation.

Escyos
12-04-2014, 07:54 PM
I give orange and purple grenades away for free. I give weapons and shields away for free. People need to stop being so obsessed with scrip and just enjoy the game.

SouLLezzZ
12-04-2014, 08:52 PM
Damn haha i agree supreem haha thats why i bust of say" how much are u willin to pay?" Haha that either shuts them up and they jus walk away hahah but 30% of the time they'll PM me and give me a reasonable price....but wat can i say..... i mess around sometimes n say"offer?" Half the time

Brindled
12-04-2014, 09:05 PM
I give orange and purple grenades away for free. I give weapons and shields away for free. People need to stop being so obsessed with scrip and just enjoy the game.

I like your perspective on gaming.

I rarely if ever sell things. I tend to only acquire things because of my alting habit, however I do give away things from time to time.

I hate taking things from people for free even when offered. I'd rather give them what the vendor would and even a nominal fee just for their time and kindness.

Tura Satana
12-05-2014, 05:08 AM
Sometimes I will ask for an offer cuz I really have no idea what is a reasonable price for the item I'm selling.. and I don't want to insult their intelligence by asking too much.

It be nice not to need scrip, but things in the game cost money, so we have to sell. And I only give things away to people who I think deserve it. I never say "who wants free ______?" And give stuff to a random person. Cuz a lot of people don't want to earn anything, they want everything now and with no effort. I definitely never give anything free to anyone who asks for it.

konstantinov
12-05-2014, 08:26 AM
The whole reason this thread was made because I said I had a plate slicer fast action reloader IV he was looking for. He offered 50k and I replied "no thank you". I didn't make a fuss about the offer all I said was "no thank you". People value things differently and you sell your T4 mods for 50k which is fine. Just because you sell your mods for 50k doesn't mean everyone is required to sell them for 50k. It's a market not a monopoly when it comes to mods and all of this contributes to the economy in defiance. I never would have thought saying "no thank you" would cause this much drama. I'm sorry you feel this way and the whole saying "make me an offer" allows for negotiations.

Clearly stating how much you are paying for a mod helps to avoid these encounters.

I don't think anyone can honestly say that they're going to buy a T4 Plate Slicer External Recoil Reduction IV for 50k on ps3 NA unless it's from a friend.

The people that trade on ps3 NA trade forums are higher end traders and a lot of us have been around since the beginning of the game. If you feel slighted then try your luck in zone chat.

If you're going to tell the story at least tell the whole thing. You weren't ignored and the reply wasn't insulting.

crystal030405
12-05-2014, 08:30 AM
For me i ask other too offer because:

In real life everything has a value. If a monet painting is worth 10m. People are gunna value it around 10m.

BUTTTTT. in defiance i might value a OJ frag at 300k. Because maybe i have connections from friends. Others may think theyre only 100k.

So i ask for an offer not to fish for scrip, but to get an idea of how they value item "X" this way if were not on the same page, there is still room future negotiation.

i agree.....

Ryker Vorton
12-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Usually when i am asked to "offer" i just walk away, it is simple, if you are selling somethng you know what you want for it, just that, ask your price, you may be given a counter offer (which any smart buyer will do) and let negotiating begin, that's how trades are ment to be.

If i want fishing i'll just get my rod, my waders and a box of flies and go find a neat spot on a river.

Psycroww
12-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Some of the things said here like "Usually when i am asked to "offer" i just walk away, it is simple, if you are selling somethng you know what you want for it" is just plain wrong. If you walk away from someone saying offer then you are the one losing out. Ever heard of don't judge a book by its cover? Well the name of this book is "make me an offer" and you are judging it.

I always say make me an offer to my clan mates. I always say it because I don't want to say some ridiculous high price for it. The only time I had an issue is because someone offered me 20k for a t5 mod and I said uh, no. I don't say make me an offer expecting some high price, and half the time I have no idea what the weapon is worth, so I say make me an offer because that tells me what the weapon is worth to the person interested and 9 times out of 10, I say yes.

On a side note, I've given away 5 free OJ nades, 1 free jackpot wildcat, 2 free jackpot shields, and 2 canoneer needlers (nanoless-fire) and a bunch of other things. So it is insulting to me you guys assume people that say "make me an offer" are some money hungry people with a false sense of greed.

ArthriticNed
12-05-2014, 12:57 PM
If you want offers, say "taking offers on xx item". If youre selling an item have a price to go with it. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
Dont like the offer or the presentation, walk away....no need to make a fuss and youre never forced to accept anything, theres always a choice to be made. Besides, its their item and theyre allowed to sell/attempt to sell it however they please.

The only time i tend to ask for an offer is on high end/rare items and i see absolutely no harm in it. Some things are not "easy come, easy go" and we all know this.

I too have given numerous things away for free, 5 jp resparks(to clan members whom ive watched help anyone who asks, very selflessly), couldt even tell you how many oj nades its been so many, and countless other items, have also sold maaaany legendary items for 10k each to perfect strangers. Doesnt mean i dont like to get a nice chunk of scrip for a nice item here n there.

JadedSinn
12-05-2014, 05:17 PM
hmmm to waigh in on this mildly.

each person has there own price range that thy would sell something for. normel every day purple mods for normel every day weapons such as assassin cannoner ECT i can understand 50K on, on some consoles . over on PC your not going to find them that cheep let alone at all for less then 100k to 150k if not more.

but when it comes to rare items that are only going to be around once a year and then vanish for 12 months such as hmm hellfire mods or platslicer mods. its all in the sellers priceing ideals

i my self wouldnet sell any of the plat slicer mods right now for less then 150k - 300k each. due to them being so hard to come by. and also that there rarity is going to go up once the events over. and the prices on them are going to go up becuse of "supply and demand" and inflation

asking someone " make me an offer " can be a way of finding out how much someone has and is willing to spend aswell as tells the seller if the person is trying to low ball them or not on there price. walking away from that price that the seller is given is there right. i had a guy offer me lower then i thought on a weapon once and i pritty much walked away. i told them it was not worth my time to sell to them and alot of people agreed , the price was to low that thy where offering for something so hard to get.

iv also seen people lowball them selfs. selling items for a fraction of the price that thy could get for it. due to then eather not knowing how much the item would cost or someone feeding them false infermation about the price of said item so that the buyer can cheat the seller out of profit thy could get.

i also do randomly throw free guns to clan mates and friends. even gave away an oj volge ar the other day. for no better reason then i dont like the gun. when asked what the hguy was going to do with it he said " resell it and make a profit " so. it happens

anyway. the make me an offer line is part of why i dont shop on the forums. i rather try my luck in zone chat it seems to work better. and normaly i get what i bargen for.

edit. also if this game had an acution house. the prices in it would be so delapadated with people forceing up price on things that it wouldnt even be funny. that 50k mod that u would sell over zone or in forums would now be 500mill in an acution house becuse gold/scrip farmers would now be running rampent in the game and the econamy would be thrown all to hell by it

Snowclan
12-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Most of the things you find in real world sales you also find in the game, including slightly sleazy tricks like "Make me an offer." Using the "make an offer" trick allows the seller to hold an auction without having to actually sell to the highest bidder. It gives them all the advantages of an auction with none of the disadvantages.

I figure it is best to avoid dealing with such people.

konstantinov
12-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Most of the things you find in real world sales you also find in the game, including slightly sleazy tricks like "Make me an offer." Using the "make an offer" trick allows the seller to hold an auction without having to actually sell to the highest bidder. It gives them all the advantages of an auction with none of the disadvantages.

I figure it is best to avoid dealing with such people.

So you'd rather deal with someone that tells you selling "whatever it is you need" for 5x the price you're willing to pay? I'm pretty sure if someone did that we'd end up with the same result.

I personally don't understand how someone can be offended when they did not state the amount they were paying. Seems like a contradiction of the whole incident.

Bentu
12-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Has no one thought that the guy asking for whomever to make an offer may not actually know what the going rate is if there is one.

If a guy asks just make the offer you would feel comfortable paying and go from there, damn it's only in game money which is why real world money isn't allowed in game.

konstantinov
12-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Has no one thought that the guy asking for whomever to make an offer may not actually know what the going rate is if there is one.

If a guy asks just make the offer you would feel comfortable paying and go from there, damn it's only in game money which is why real world money isn't allowed in game.

People wear their feelings on their sleeves too much.

Dixie Cougar
12-05-2014, 06:39 PM
I find the practice annoying but what can you do when there is no AH? Bartering sucks, the market is inefficient, and scrip has no worthwhile sinks. Sometimes asking "what's it worth to you" is the least bad option.

WTB 3 pows, paying in used ATVs and brawler stims. Yeah.

konstantinov
12-05-2014, 06:45 PM
You're more likely to pay the prices you're wanting to pay if you're in a larger clan.

Dixie Cougar
12-05-2014, 06:46 PM
You're more likely to pay the prices you're wanting to pay if you're in a larger clan.

Definitely, hell I give stuff away (mostly good purples and blues) to clanmates all the time to cull my inventory. 0 is the price they really want to pay right?

konstantinov
12-05-2014, 06:49 PM
Definitely, hell I give stuff away (mostly good purples and blues) to clanmates all the time to cull my inventory. 0 is the price they really want to pay right?

I just gave a clanmate a Respark Regen V Ark so he could trade for a gun he wanted. Granted there's only 3 of us that are active but still.

SUPREEM
12-05-2014, 07:01 PM
No this whole thread has little to do with you lol trust me you wernt the last person to hit me with make me an offer that day. This thread is about the "collective" of people who confuse buyers with bidders. I agree its nothing wrong with getting what you want for something or even asking people for offers, but when someone is asking to buy something they simply want to buy. I learned to stay away from bidding in game becaue 1 you always end up overpaying if you win the bidding warand 2 the so called seller but actual auctioner would back out because they didnt get the bidding war they expected and the one or two bidders would be considered as lowballers. So i stick to buying. If i wanted to make an offer my post would read "offering XX for such and such". But its no biggie. I just dont understand why people respond to buyers asking for offers when you could just "take offers" to solicit the right people lol

Atticus Batman
12-05-2014, 07:01 PM

Nope. What people really want is for you to PAY them to take your stuff. So I'll take a million scrip and a gun, please. :D

Bentu
12-05-2014, 07:21 PM
No this whole thread has little to do with you lol trust me you wernt the last person to hit me with make me an offer that day. This thread is about the "collective" of people who confuse buyers with bidders. I agree its nothing wrong with getting what you want for something or even asking people for offers, but when someone is asking to buy something they simply want to buy. I learned to stay away from bidding in game becaue 1 you always end up overpaying if you win the bidding warand 2 the so called seller but actual auctioner would back out because they didnt get the bidding war they expected and the one or two bidders would be considered as lowballers. So i stick to buying. If i wanted to make an offer my post would read "offering XX for such and such". But its no biggie. I just dont understand why people respond to buyers asking for offers when you could just "take offers" to solicit the right people lol

That's why I stick to the need want forums, all can see what's going on.

Yes I've asked for mods in game and someone comes back with what I think is over priced and I say no thanks.

But then again if you are selling and say "make an offer" it's up to you to accept or decline, there's no point in saying i was looking for a bit more than that or you could of put a price on the thing in the first place.

stefanies
12-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Lately in game I've seen more people trying to get real money or last night offering $50 psn card. Sheesh. It's a game, it seems like people forget that. Game economy is a joke, imo. I've always thought so and always will.

I did actually use the "offer" thing last night for the first time. I got about what I wanted so I could have just asked up front. Go figure.

Last week I posted in game can anyone use such and such weapons and someone called me an idiot that was trying to steal people's scrip. I planned on giving the stuff away if someone could have used the items to make room in inventory. Oh well, they went to the vendor.

Ryker Vorton
12-06-2014, 01:09 PM
edit. also if this game had an acution house. the prices in it would be so delapadated with people forceing up price on things that it wouldnt even be funny. that 50k mod that u would sell over zone or in forums would now be 500mill in an acution house becuse gold/scrip farmers would now be running rampent in the game and the econamy would be thrown all to hell by it

My view of AHs has always been that they tend to be better for the sellers than the buyers. Heck i've seen so many times the infamous "with reserve" invention on them.... so the seller puts somethng for auction and if (s)he doesn't get a rip off price they say "i wont sell it for that crappy price"

You are so right about the gold farmers/sellers, they seem to be included in just about every auction house package lol

On the other hand, a well used AH is great, it may stabilize pricings, once the seller see no one buys their item they may realize it is overpriced and tone it down, but i rarely seen AHs working that way, usually it is just the exact opposite, they turn a "monster killing game" into a capitalism race game where greed goes beyond the unbelievable.

On the offering thing, it is a double edged knife for the buyer, you are always on risk of offering too low (and some sellers aren0t even kind enough to ask you for an improvement of your offer, they doesn't even give you clues about how far below are you on their desired price range, on the other hand, they usually never tell you "hey, that's too much!" they take your money/gold/scrip and goes away happily ripping you off "because you were stupid to offer that high".

No matter how we look at it, in just about every game the trading is always about benefit the seller and never the buyer.

JadedSinn
12-06-2014, 02:28 PM
My view of AHs has always been that they tend to be better for the sellers than the buyers. Heck i've seen so many times the infamous "with reserve" invention on them.... so the seller puts somethng for auction and if (s)he doesn't get a rip off price they say "i wont sell it for that crappy price"

You are so right about the gold farmers/sellers, they seem to be included in just about every auction house package lol

On the other hand, a well used AH is great, it may stabilize pricings, once the seller see no one buys their item they may realize it is overpriced and tone it down, but i rarely seen AHs working that way, usually it is just the exact opposite, they turn a "monster killing game" into a capitalism race game where greed goes beyond the unbelievable.

On the offering thing, it is a double edged knife for the buyer, you are always on risk of offering too low (and some sellers aren0t even kind enough to ask you for an improvement of your offer, they doesn't even give you clues about how far below are you on their desired price range, on the other hand, they usually never tell you "hey, that's too much!" they take your money/gold/scrip and goes away happily ripping you off "because you were stupid to offer that high".

No matter how we look at it, in just about every game the trading is always about benefit the seller and never the buyer.

to true.

iv played to many game with acution houses. best exsample i did a beta for the game called grand fantasia over at aeria games when it first hit the beta form. auction house was vary steddy. even nice prices on some epic loot items ect things people could buy. 20 30 in game silver insted of gold. as soon as the game hit open beta the AH whent to hell. 100 - 400 gold for the same items the beta players where selling for cheep. with in a month of the release the acution house became a gold farmers dream. and the soloer (( me )) s worst nightmare.

the only other flaw i see with an acution house in this game is that every time someone had to load it. it would take up resorses for the game its self. and create large lag spicks as packits where shiped to each person that was accessing it at that time. makeing it harder on the servers aswell as player consoles. not to also add in becuse everything in this game is server side to protect it from MOST hackers and the use of most hacks that could be made for the game if it was not. and also to pervent tampering with game files such as the damage numbers on weapons to create uberelite items that shouldnt exsist. and dont .

thy would have to have it all server side witch would put a larger strain on the servers.

there was an issue back some time ago where people where useing there claims as a catch all for weapons and loot thy didnt want to sell but wanted to keep. and due to some people haveing well in the 5k range to 10 k range of items stashed away. there was a heavy heavy load put on the system. creating heavy lag becuse of it. part of why thy installed the 6hour timers i beleave or is it a day timer ? dont recall anyway. part of why theres timers on claims boxes.

i see any ah that is put into the game haveing the same problum. not to mention. that someone would and i know atleast a few people thought of this allready. over priceing items so thy could use the AH as a storage house. so thy could keep weapons thy wanted by puting a max price on them that no one is going to pay for that item.

so theres alot of draw backs right now of an AH ever being put into the game. not to mention. the devs are allways saying there never going to put one it. its right up there on the list with in game mailing system.

anyway. this games ecconamy is all out of tune it needs to be brouhght back down into a set level and we need to beat down thes over pricers that are creating the inflation. part of why my own prices are so high is i have to contend with the other guys. or you get laughed at for lowballing on your own prices

Dixie Cougar
12-06-2014, 03:41 PM
anyway. this games ecconamy is all out of tune it needs to be brouhght back down into a set level and we need to beat down thes over pricers that are creating the inflation. part of why my own prices are so high is i have to contend with the other guys. or you get laughed at for lowballing on your own prices

It's not the overpricers creating the inflation, it's the inflation creating the overpricing. There aren't any worthwhile uses (sinks) for scrip so the amount of it in circulation keeps going up while the amount of items doesn't.

Ryker Vorton
12-06-2014, 04:31 PM
(...) part of why thy installed the 6hour timers i beleave or is it a day timer ? dont recall anyway. part of why theres timers on claims boxes.

I beliueve it is 5 days.... heck... I lost a sword mod because of that, couldn't log on my alt for several days and when i did i got the message that my mod was salvaged... i wish i could recover it, bit store items shouldn't auto salvage

Pr loko
12-06-2014, 04:36 PM
I ask 4 offer only cause I don't know worth so if I think offer good I'll accept

Haifisch
12-06-2014, 07:55 PM
I said "make me an offer" so people would come up with their own price, which was usually above my expectations AND they walk away happy. Happy = return customers

I did that on PC-NA and was ******** rich in no time at all.

Valuumify
12-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Yea that method across ALL games with a trading system is ridiculous....

Atticus Batman
12-06-2014, 10:53 PM
I beliueve it is 5 days.... heck... I lost a sword mod because of that, couldn't log on my alt for several days and when i did i got the message that my mod was salvaged... i wish i could recover it, bit store items shouldn't auto salvage

It is 7 days, for the record. Oh it also salvages pre-order gear and akrcode gear after 7 days, which is also stupid! Basically all mods, guns, shields and consumables get auto-salvaged after 7 days, No matter where it came from!

AUTO-SALVAGE
* Weapons, Shields, Grenades, Spikes, Stims and Mods no longer accumulate in the Claim Items section for an infinite amount of time.
* After being in the Claim Items section for 7 days, any of the above items are now automatically salvaged.
* The countdown timer begins when the items are acquired. If any of the above items are acquired while offline, they will begin the countdown the next time you log in.
* The salvage gained is added to the next character you log in with.

Keeper Riff
12-07-2014, 01:13 AM
there was an issue back some time ago where people where useing there claims as a catch all for weapons and loot thy didnt want to sell but wanted to keep. and due to some people haveing well in the 5k range to 10 k range of items stashed away. there was a heavy heavy load put on the system. creating heavy lag becuse of it. part of why thy installed the 6hour timers i beleave or is it a day timer ? dont recall anyway. part of why theres timers on claims boxes. Except nothing had changed about the lags after they introduced the timer. Not even after those 7 days had passed when everyone's claims list should have been severely shortened. Lags disappeared when they outright said they found a problem in their own network communication between their servers and spent several days fixing it.

i see any ah that is put into the game haveing the same problum. not to mention. that someone would and i know atleast a few people thought of this allready. over priceing items so thy could use the AH as a storage house. so thy could keep weapons thy wanted by puting a max price on them that no one is going to pay for that item. Even if that is a problem (and highly doubt simple text statistics takes up more bandwidth than transferring real-time players' actions in an action-packed shooter, but IF), then the item simply should not disappear from the inventory when you link it to the AH. Problem solved.

Actually, I think the decision boils down to will the sale of additional AH slots in the cash shop cover the expenses of making the AH system or not. For now, devs think it won't.

PTR47
12-14-2014, 11:43 PM
Back to the OP, it seems, at least on PS3, that of you price an item reasonably, you get no response. Very frustrating.

SUPREEM
04-14-2015, 04:52 AM
I don't think enough people have read this lol, sh!t still happening.

Alastar
04-14-2015, 05:03 AM
Not everyone who asks for an offer is trying to rip you off lollol I always ask for offers because I don't have a number in my head and I don't think I've ever turned someone away. Does that mean I don't get the average player market price? Probably quite often. That aside its either a number they thought was fair or "low balled" and I can live with that lol.

voidwarlocker
04-14-2015, 05:12 AM
Point was made prior. Reposting here was unnecessary. My apologies. It was immature and overkill at best. Sorry for that, sincerely. I do see your point Supreem. And I am aware many use the offer method inappropriately. But it's not all and certainly not the worst method being used in trades. I'm just against mosy all generalizations and think the offer method still has its place and usefulness in a multitude of fair applications. Thank you all for the discussion.

SUPREEM
04-14-2015, 07:13 AM
Not everyone who asks for an offer is trying to rip you off lollol I always ask for offers because I don't have a number in my head and I don't think I've ever turned someone away. Does that mean I don't get the average player market price? Probably quite often. That aside its either a number they thought was fair or "low balled" and I can live with that lol.

I totally agree with you. My thing is this, if you claim to not be sure of, for example, what you want for a t4 PS strain reducer (infector mag), how can you BE SURE that you don't want 200k because you feel its worth at least 400k? So all along 400k is the number you're comfortable with BUT instead of making it clear youre cool with at least 400k, you say you're not sure? Make me an offer? So I can send you on your way and not make counter offer? Because you didn't GUESS at least 400k? WTF LOL!? Am I the only person that sees how either deceptive or unclear that is?

EvilAg3nt
04-14-2015, 08:12 AM
craziness.
first off,most of us newbies have no clue what we should be asking pricewise,hence the make an offer.
second,for you to assume that everyone who says make me an offer is a crook,is insulting.
third,try posting a price in chat and watch the crew of trolls descend on you telling the world your gun isnt worth squat.
then they whip out theirs for twice the price.

what you should be more worried about,is the Actual crooks out there,sellings mods for 4-500k to the newbs.
ripping them off for crap guns and such.
try being a little more concerned for them maybe.

SUPREEM
04-14-2015, 08:28 AM
craziness.
first off,most of us newbies have no clue what we should be asking pricewise,hence the make an offer.
second,for you to assume that everyone who says make me an offer is a crook,is insulting.
third,try posting a price in chat and watch the crew of trolls descend on you telling the world your gun isnt worth squat.
then they whip out theirs for twice the price.

what you should be more worried about,is the Actual crooks out there,sellings mods for 4-500k to the newbs.
ripping them off for crap guns and such.
try being a little more concerned for them maybe.

If you understood my argument, you'd know I'm not talking about noobs. How the hell noobs gonna be crooks?? Lol

Edit: I am concerned about people overcharging, or at least trying to, for their gear. Fake taking offers is one of the methods used to force noobs to pay more. I've been playing long enough to know better. So its not about me not getting what I want, I pretty much have all I need/want (still want that scourge lol). Hell, I just managed to fully t4 my ghost and hexer with the optimal mods, power bore, shotty dmg barrel and reload, etc. And it cost me less than 600k altogether.
I just don't like the deceptiveness of it all, the fake taking of offers.

EvilAg3nt
04-14-2015, 08:38 AM
doesnt seem to matter if they newbs or not.
lotta crooks over on the 360 side.
been watching the chat since i started this game,just started selling this week.

theres a Lot of confusion out there.
newbs paying 300k for t3 mods and the sellers are raking them over the coals.
mods seem to be the most abused item on the game really.
if Trion wanted to balance the game,they should inject more mods into the system.
Esp the hard to find ones,like cannoneer etc.

i had one guy offer me 300k for t3 mods too,and i turned him down in main and then explained the mods system to him.
his mods cost him 60k.
and that was all off a make an offer.

Big Jack Shepard
04-14-2015, 09:17 AM
Youre right. Its all about the possible rip off with those "make me an offer" types. Thats why i wont even bother responding to them because i know any reasonable offer i give wont ever be enough, unless i offer way more than i should which would never happen. My only response to "make me an offer" is "if you dont know what you want for it niether do i, thanks anyway" lol.You are wrong. I recently told someone to make me an offer on a shield and they offered 1.5mil. I told them that was too much and that they could have it for 1mil.

Bonehead
04-14-2015, 09:20 AM
For the record;

I am now accepting offers.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-14-2015, 09:26 AM
are you sure this time ?

SUPREEM
04-14-2015, 09:53 AM
You are wrong. I recently told someone to make me an offer on a shield and they offered 1.5mil. I told them that was too much and that they could have it for 1mil.

This game needs more players like you.

Big Jack Shepard
04-14-2015, 09:56 AM
This game needs more players like you. Well, I'm not going to argue with that.

SUPREEM
04-14-2015, 10:00 AM
No hard feelings everyone, just a topic.

Duke_Shambles
04-14-2015, 11:17 AM
The time I usually ask for offers is when somebody requests an item I was not advertising for sale. This usually means I had a purpose in mind for it but that purpose may or may not be all that important depending on how much that person is paying for said item. I also often trade with people based on their perception of value in the game. There are people I will sell to at better prices simply because they don't overcharge me. There are also people I will price gouge the hell out of, because that's how they dealt with me. There are even people I refuse to trade with because I feel that their business practices lack ethics entirely.

If I'm ever selling something and taking offers, and I say "Make me a fair offer and it's yours." That's a test. How you respond to that will dictate how I deal with you for the rest of my time playing the game. If you offer high I'll accept, unless it's way too much, in which case I'll probably say something, and be happy to pay high prices when you're asking them. If you offer low but within reason, you'll get your from me, but if you come back at me when I need or want something with some crazy high prices, you're going on the embargo list.

konstantinov
04-14-2015, 12:41 PM
Here's how you avoid this.

1. Only sell mods (it's what I do)
2. Trade only (because I don't deal with crap items)
3. I take offers on items in zone chat just for the lols people offer (60k for a 3x Dmg TN Boomer/Respark Survivor/Rhino Survivor/Feaster non mk2)
4. You have the wrong friends/clan if you can't find what you're looking for at a decent price
5. Forums are the worst place to look for items as it's mostly big money players here
6. Prices only skyrocketed once F2P launched. There's a direct correlation there.
7. It's a game so it's not super serious
8. You yourself have made posts about taking offers on items, kinda hypocritical don't ya think?
9. If you're not playing for the lols you're doing it wrong
10. Work sucked today.

SUPREEM
04-15-2015, 07:05 AM
Here's how you avoid this.

1. Only sell mods (it's what I do)
2. Trade only (because I don't deal with crap items)
3. I take offers on items in zone chat just for the lols people offer (60k for a 3x Dmg TN Boomer/Respark Survivor/Rhino Survivor/Feaster non mk2)
4. You have the wrong friends/clan if you can't find what you're looking for at a decent price
5. Forums are the worst place to look for items as it's mostly big money players here
6. Prices only skyrocketed once F2P launched. There's a direct correlation there.
7. It's a game so it's not super serious
8. You yourself have made posts about taking offers on items, kinda hypocritical don't ya think?
9. If you're not playing for the lols you're doing it wrong
10. Work sucked today.

The og has done it again lol and hell yeah I'm a hypocrite no denying that here. Gotta stir the pot yo #trollolol #offingnoobs

Edit: what took you so long to point that out lmao?

konstantinov
04-15-2015, 09:38 AM
The og has done it again lol and hell yeah I'm a hypocrite no denying that here. Gotta stir the pot yo #trollolol #offingnoobs

Edit: what took you so long to point that out lmao?

#workingerrrday