PDA

View Full Version : xbox/pc delima

Sauria
12-05-2014, 09:53 PM
I have been playing the game on my pc but was considering trying to play it on my xbox 360 as well.
Am I correct in thinking that I can play my pc character on the xbox? Can you switch back and forth and not lose progress?

Also,my xbox does not have enough memory for the download. Can I by pass that problem by buying the game disc?

If all the above works out, do I have to subscribe to xbox live to have real time gameplay?

I really hope I can get the answers I need. Thanks to any and all in advance for taking the time to read this and give me your thoughts.
Btw you can find me in the game as Sauria LaRue. Castithan.

Bentu
12-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Ok you won't be able to use your pc character on xbox and you will require xbl gold to play online, re memory just get a usb memory stick and save you data to that but I do think that having a disc copy saves on some memory.

ArthriticNed
12-05-2014, 10:15 PM
Even having the disc youre still required to downlod the game to your harddrive

JKG
12-05-2014, 10:30 PM
You will still need to download the patch which is like 4 something gigs even if you own the disk an its best to install the disk .

PhantasieTrion
12-05-2014, 10:33 PM
I have been playing the game on my pc but was considering trying to play it on my xbox 360 as well.
Am I correct in thinking that I can play my pc character on the xbox? Can you switch back and forth and not lose progress?

Also,my xbox does not have enough memory for the download. Can I by pass that problem by buying the game disc?

If all the above works out, do I have to subscribe to xbox live to have real time gameplay?

I really hope I can get the answers I need. Thanks to any and all in advance for taking the time to read this and give me your thoughts.
Btw you can find me in the game as Sauria LaRue. Castithan.

Hi Sauria

I wish I could tell you better news :). To answer your questions (or summarize what others already said)

You character is specific to the platform (PC, PS3, XBox) you play on. There are various reasons for this with one, but not the only, reason being that Season's Pass, DLC, Bits, etc are purchased from an 3rd party and thus that license does not transfer.

Having the disc vs downloading the F2P Digital client will not make a different for the final installation sise on the Xbox Hard Drive. The disc version completely installs to the hard drive, so the two take essentially the same amount of space.

You are required to have an XBox Live Gold membership to play Defiance, since it is an online game.

--Phantasie

Atticus Batman
12-06-2014, 02:42 AM
Ok you won't be able to use your pc character on xbox and you will require xbl gold to play online, re memory just get a usb memory stick and save you data to that but I do think that having a disc copy saves on some memory.

This. If space is an issue and you have the cashe, either get a usb memory stick or an external harddrive. If you go for the external, you may have to hook it to a PC to convert it to Fat32. Not sure anymore, though since there is now a external hd formatter in the Xbox apps section.

JadedSinn
12-06-2014, 03:26 AM
in sort. stay on pc. there minorly forgeting the other draw backs of chaning over from a more stable console to well Xbox.

ur going to get more visual and vertual lag from the game. you have a higher rate of DC and also you have no real setting controlls like u do on the PC.

add into that the fact that u have to start from scrach rebuy all 5 DLCs or a season pass. need to have a CD of the game that has never been used just to have all the added perks that the F2P version dosent have and also have to pay the monthly membership for XBL

all and all. stay on PC its cheeper.

edit : may be wrong about the lag. but from all the complants i see on the forum from Xbox and PS users. the DC rate being higher then PC i beleave to be 100% ture.