PDA

View Full Version : Maximum EGO Calculations as of Dec. 7, 2014 for Etaew and Whomever Else is Interested

nathanpbutler
12-06-2014, 11:09 PM
This information is now out of date. To see new information as of the Alcatraz update, see the following thread: New Maximum EGO Calculations (Post-Alcatraz) (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?210766-New-Maximum-EGO-Calculations-(Post-Alcatraz)-as-of-Apr.-14-2015)

So, since launch, I've played Defiance on PS3. I usually don't bother with Platinum Trophies or getting EVERYTHING done in a game, especially one as big as Defiance in terms of the amount of "stuff to get done." When I found myself getting more done than I expected, I made a point of plowing through what was left, and I've kept up since. I've found myself somewhat obsessive about completing all that Defiance throws at us, and that has made me somewhat obsessive about the concept of "maximum EGO rating."

Etaew's great Defiance Data site is my go-to site on anything Defiance, but when it comes to the maximum EGO rating, I've found some contradictory and out of date information (here (http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=220) and here (http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=222)), so I'm hoping that this thread can (a) help me and others track what the "real" maximum EGO rating would be, absent the level cap, and (b) provide information for Etaew to perhaps update Defiance Data without having to do yet another bunch of researching himself, given that I'd imagine the DD workload is huge.

------------------------

We all know that the original EGO cap was 5000, then it was removed, and now it has been reinstated with a bump up t 5900 as the EGO cap. However, we also know that this was intended as a means of getting to the cap without needing to do every single pursuit, which, by definition, means that the "real" maximum EGO is actually beyond 5900. We've also been told that when the EGO cap is raised again someday, we will get credit for the EGO we have earned beyond the cap. (That remains to be seen, as I've repeatedly asked for information on this EGO tracking and if there is a way to confirm our "real" EGO in some way, and these questions always result in no response whatsoever.)

Non-Pursuit EGO

One can level up with XP until having obtained enough EGO Points to completely fill the EGO Grid. There are a total of 80 original perks on the grid, plus 15 that were added with Arktech Revolution, all of which have three levels. There are also the four EGO Powers, each of which has five ranks. Each time one gains an EGO Point toward any of these, our EGO Rating goes up by 10.

Therefore:

(80 original perks + 15 DLC perks) x 3 levels each x 10 EGO each time = 2850
4 powers x 5 levels each x 10 EGO each time = 200

Thus, the EGO Grid can provide 3050 EGO by itself.

Meanwhile, there are 13 weapon types, which can level up 19 times (between 1 to start and 20 maximum), and we earn 4 EGO each time a weapon levels up.

13 x 19 x 4 = 988

The same goes for the 3 vehicle types, giving us:

3 x 19 x 4 = 228

Add those all up (3050 + 988 + 228), and we find that without considering a single pursuit, the non-pursuit EGO available right now is a rather huge 4266.

Pursuit EGO

There are 108 pursuits for Season One, once we count in the Arkbreaker, dueling, and clan pursuits that were added after the game launched.

6 for Mt. Tam give us 65.
6 for Madera give us 65.
7 for Marin give us 70.
6 for Sausalito give us 65.
6 for San Francisco give us 65.
7 for Co-Op Maps give us 105.
4 for Arkfalls give us 65.
6 for Enemy Groups give us 30.
14 for Competitive Multiplayer give us 195.
6 for EGO Evolution give us 95.
17 for Combat give us 180.
9 for Vehicles give us 100.
8 for Reputation give us 80.
6 for Social give us 50.

So, Season 1 gives us 1230.

The 16 Episode pursuits from Season 1 that are still in the game each give us 5 for a total of 80.

The Castithan Charge Pack gives us two new pursuits worth 55.

Arkbreaker gives us three new pursuits worth 15.

The 7th Legion gives us five new pursuits worth 35.

Gunslinger Trials gives us six new pursuits worth 30.

Arktech Revolution gives us six new pursuits worth 60.

Thus, the DLC gives us a total of 195 EGO.

There were also seven pursuits from Season 1 episodes that were removed from the game that each granted five EGO each. (For the record, those were: Peacekeeper; Shadows Over Defiance; Thinning The Herd; Unconventional Methods; Silencing the Piper; Contract Killer; and Competitor.) This adds 35 EGO to the maximum, but only for those who were around to actually do those pursuits before they were removed from the game.

So, going into Season 2, we have the following:

4266 from non-pursuit EGO + 1230 from "Season 1" + 80 from Season 1 episode pursuits + 195 from DLC + 35 removed from Season 1 = 5806 EGO (or 5771 for those who didn't do those removed Season 1 episode pursuits).

Season 2

As of Dec. 7, 2014, we have had 24 pursuits for Season 2.

10 for Silicon Valley give us 125.
7 for Episodes give us 105.
5 for The Grid give us 45.
2 for Reputation give us 20.

Thus, so far, Season 2 gives us 295 EGO.

Totals

Once we add in Season 2's pursuits so far, we get a "real" maximum EGO of 6101 for those who played early enough to do those removed pursuits, or 6066 for those who did not. So . . .

Real Maximum EGO Rating (with Removed Pursuits): 6101*
Real Maximum EGO Rating (without Removed Pursuits): 6066
Real Maximum EGO Rating Without Any DLC (with Removed Pursuits): 5906
Real Maximum EGO Rating Without Any DLC (without Removed Pursuits): 5871**

And as a special subsection for those who absolutely loathe PVP, here are those numbers without a single PVP pursuit, which means missing out on 195 EGO from Competitive Multiplayer, 20 EGO from Reputation (because of needing Echelon rep), and 20 EGO from Social (for not doing Competitive Multiplayer in full clan groups and thus missing out on both "In the Inner Circle" pursuits). You've thus lost out on 235 EGO.

Without Any PVP:
Real Maximum EGO Rating (with Removed Pursuits): 5866*
Real Maximum EGO Rating (without Removed Pursuits): 5831
Real Maximum EGO Rating Without Any DLC (with Removed Pursuits): 5671
Real Maximum EGO Rating Without Any DLC (without Removed Pursuits): 5636**

* Maximum EGO Rating "From Day One"
** Maximum EGO Rating for Free-to-Play (for those literally playing free, no DLC at all)

Conclusions

Things I find interesting in the numbers here:

A player spending no money at all on the game can't hit the EGO cap, but can come very close.

A player from the early days that never bought any DLC can indeed hit the EGO cap now, but only if they did at least six of those removed pursuits.

There is now a "buffer" of 201 for early players and 166 for later players between the "real" maximum EGO and the EGO cap, meaning that you can indeed hit it without doing every pursuit, allowing you to pick and choose pursuits to deal with.

However . . .

It is still mathematically impossible for a player to hit the 5900 level cap if he or she never plays a bit of PVP. (We need 34 more EGO worth of pursuits before that claim becomes true for early players, or 69 more EGO worth of pursuits before it is true for players who didn't do those removed Season 1 episode pursuits.)

Atticus Batman
12-06-2014, 11:21 PM
{SNIP}

Non-Pursuit EGO

One can level up with XP until having obtained enough EGO Points to completely fill the EGO Grid. There are a total of 80 original perks on the grid, plus 15 that were added with Arktech Revolution, all of which have three levels. There are also the four EGO Powers, each of which has five ranks. Each time one gains an EGO Point toward any of these, our EGO Rating goes up by 10.

Therefore:

Meanwhile, there are 13 weapon types, which can level up 19 times (between 1 to start and 20 maximum), and we earn 4 EGO each time a weapon levels up.

13 x 19 x 4 = 988

3 x 19 x 4 = 228

Add those all up (3050 + 988 + 228), and we find that without considering a single pursuit, the non-pursuit EGO available right now is a rather huge 4266.

Pursuit EGO

There are 108 pursuits for Season One, once we count in the Arkbreaker, dueling, and clan pursuits that were added after the game launched.

6 for Madera give us 65.
7 for Marin give us 70.
6 for Social give us 50.

The 16 Episode pursuits from Season 1 that are still in the game each give us 5 for a total of 80.

There were also seven pursuits from Season 1 episodes that were removed from the game that each granted five EGO each. (For the record, those were: Peacekeeper; Shadows Over Defiance; Thinning The Herd; Unconventional Methods; Silencing the Piper; Contract Killer; and Competitor.) This adds 35 EGO to the maximum, but only for those who were around to actually do those pursuits before they were removed from the game.

4266 from non-pursuit EGO + 1230 from "Season 1" + 80 from Season 1 episode pursuits + 195 from DLC + 35 removed from Season 1 = 5806 EGO (or 5771 for those who didn't do those removed Season 1 episode pursuits).

Season 2

Totals

Once we add in Season 2's pursuits so far, we get a "real" maximum EGO of 6101 for those who played early enough to do those removed pursuits, or 6066 for those who did not. So . . .

And as a special subsection for those who absolutely loathe PVP, here are those numbers without a single PVP pursuit, which means missing out on 195 EGO from Competitive Multiplayer, 20 EGO from Reputation (because of needing Echelon rep), and 20 EGO from Social (for not doing Competitive Multiplayer in full clan groups and thus missing out on both "In the Inner Circle" pursuits). You've thus lost out on 235 EGO.

Without Any PVP:

** Maximum EGO Rating for Free-to-Play (for those literally playing free, no DLC at all)

Conclusions

A player spending no money at all on the game can't hit the EGO cap, but can come very close.

A player from the early days that never bought any DLC can indeed hit the EGO cap now, but only if they did at least six of those removed pursuits.

There is now a "buffer" of 201 for early players and 166 for later players between the "real" maximum EGO and the EGO cap, meaning that you can indeed hit it without doing every pursuit, allowing you to pick and choose pursuits to deal with.

However . . .

It is still mathematically impossible for a player to hit the 5900 level cap if he or she never plays a bit of PVP. (We need 34 more EGO worth of pursuits before that claim becomes true for early players, or 69 more EGO worth of pursuits before it is true for players who didn't do those removed Season 1 episode pursuits.)

Hmm it looks like the Devs counted that stuff in BLUE and Purple, when doing their math, and forgot that not everyone has the stuff in blue, or that the stuff in Purple requires PvP.

(Ps all the stuff in Blue and purple, are also underlined)

Tex_Arcana
12-07-2014, 04:12 PM
On behalf of non-math heads I thank thee for this fine compendium of numerology.

Chump Norris
01-13-2015, 11:02 PM
Can we get an official response to this?

If you believe this isn't true copy my character to PST and check me out.

Mister Derpenhowser
01-14-2015, 07:32 PM
What you gotta do is say 'trion don't care' and then they pop up outta the tumbleweed and reply. Lol

Atticus Batman
01-14-2015, 08:48 PM
What you gotta do is say 'trion don't care' and then they pop up outta the tumbleweed and reply. Lol

Say kiwibird 3 times!

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5667183872/hD77A9353/

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/293/e/6/_little_kiwi_bird__by_moni158-d314lm4.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxnloxzDRr1r2wrwho5_r1_400.gif

Oktharr
01-15-2015, 01:37 AM
Very interesting!

Why did they remove those pursuits?

nathanpbutler
01-15-2015, 08:53 AM
They were tied into specific "Episode Missions" that were tied into certain time frames in season 1. Most of that stuff was up for a short time, then gone again. It was only later that it returned and that they added Replay One to redo some of those things or something similar to let people who didn't do them the first time do those things and those who had still get EGO for redoing them.

The end result was that since Replay One was a new version of the old pursuits, rather than actually the same pursuits added back into the game, anyone who did those 35 EGO of pursuits *and* then did Replay One (which is still in the game) ended up with a 35 EGO advantage over everyone else.

zayne83
01-15-2015, 12:45 PM
guess i'll be stuck with 5875 if i do the rest of the pursuits without the DLCs

plus on the side note, i'm happy at 5700 since ppl go to me for gun downgrades in exchange for my gun upgrades :)

Markeen
01-15-2015, 01:54 PM
I have all dlc but gunslinger. I've done all competitive multiplayer except 4 of them. I have a couple of social since the others require a larger clan. And I have one reputation left which also requires pvp. Even when defiant II pursuit gets fixed I will not have capped and will need to do these pvp. So either my math is very wrong or someone else's is. Wait..... Waaait. Cerberus? Level 20? That is where the difference is but again, requires pvp OR explosions 101. Ether way. Unless you're in a large clan that won't complain about you driving around for 20 minutes in a Cerberus each shadow war you will definitely have to do other pvp to get to 5900. Or co op. Max Cerberus and only a few pvp

Mudturtle Jones
01-15-2015, 04:57 PM
This is a problem a lot of people have. their Cerberus level would increase for no apparent reason but they didn't get the Ego points for it and the pursuit would not complete. Trion would manually complete the pursuit but wouldn't award the corresponding Ego points. So the players end up with fewer points than those for whom the bell tolls. Sorry, couldn't resist. For those people that actually managed to complete the pursuit.

Mister Derpenhowser
01-15-2015, 05:00 PM
I'm gonna add up what I've got, minus the cerberus, and see if this is affecting me.

nathanpbutler
01-15-2015, 05:17 PM
I have all dlc but gunslinger. I've done all competitive multiplayer except 4 of them. I have a couple of social since the others require a larger clan. And I have one reputation left which also requires pvp. Even when defiant II pursuit gets fixed I will not have capped and will need to do these pvp. So either my math is very wrong or someone else's is. Wait..... Waaait. Cerberus? Level 20? That is where the difference is but again, requires pvp OR explosions 101. Ether way. Unless you're in a large clan that won't complain about you driving around for 20 minutes in a Cerberus each shadow war you will definitely have to do other pvp to get to 5900. Or co op. Max Cerberus and only a few pvp

Feel free to run the numbers. It is all laid out up there, double-checked in-game twice.

Since Cerberus does not require PVP (since it can be done in Co-Op), it is not removed when doing the "can you reach 5900 without PVP" calculation. It has to be something that actually requires PVP to be removed in the calculations.

Either way, it remains impossible to reach 5900 without PVP, even for those with all DLC and the removed Season 1 Episode Pursuits done. Trion didn't take anything but the Competitive Multiplayer category into account when making their claims about being able to hit 5900 without PVP. They completely left out the four pursuits that require PVP that are not actually under the Competitive Multiplayer category in the Pursuits menu.

Mister Derpenhowser
01-15-2015, 05:32 PM
Okay, I've run the numbers. Did my own count up too to make sure, I got my 76 cerberus ego rating even though it auto levelled. I did forget about ego powers for a sec though.. which had me very confused. Lol

Chump Norris
01-19-2015, 08:25 PM
Trion doesn't think math is cool? :(

Mister Derpenhowser
01-19-2015, 08:26 PM
Only when $$$ signs are connected. :(

vash2x60billion
01-20-2015, 01:19 PM
Thanks. Great info

Chump Norris
01-22-2015, 08:48 PM
http://imgur.com/IBh1Tyn

Mister Derpenhowser
01-22-2015, 09:09 PM
Only when $$$ signs are connected. :(

Lol, about 12hrs after this the AF farmers got banned. Not a bad prediction.

Seriously though, poor Mister Norris here needs an official reply already.

Chris Robet
01-22-2015, 09:11 PM
Lol, about 12hrs after this the AF farmers got banned. Not a bad prediction.

Send in a ticket asking the question!!

Mister Derpenhowser
01-22-2015, 09:13 PM
I'm not Norris. I'm Derpenhowser!

Chris Robet
01-22-2015, 09:21 PM
I'm not Norris. I'm Derpenhowser!

In my goat eyes you humans all look the same.

Chump Norris
01-22-2015, 09:24 PM

http://i.imgur.com/ivGV3ay.gif

In my goat eyes you humans all look the same.

http://i.imgur.com/PDVbwrI.png

nathanpbutler
01-26-2015, 06:36 PM
Well, I put this one into the Q&A collection thread again this time, tilted a little toward a way they might actually answer. We shall see. I find I'm equally concerned right now for the issue that affects me (how our "extra" EGO is being tracked so we don't lose any of it in the future) and the one that doesn't (5900 without PVP).

But I dig logical analysis, so I'll keep plugging away. If I had a way to record my PS3 worth a crap, I'd record a YouTube video to run the numbers. Alas, I cannot.

Chump Norris
01-30-2015, 08:44 PM
Ignored again..

nathanpbutler
01-31-2015, 08:01 PM
Not at all unexpected, just disappointing. Again.

nathanpbutler
02-07-2015, 05:24 PM
I'll definitely update this or create a new thread with updated info on this when Alcatraz goes life. From what it sounds like, we'll see the EGO cap go up to 6000 (or more) and 200 EGO in new pursuits are to be added, based on the Livestream.

Chump Norris
02-09-2015, 07:33 PM
They don't care...

Thanks for taking the time laying it all out like this nathan.

Rashere
02-09-2015, 07:52 PM
FWIW, I want to take a closer look at this myself but its going to be time consuming to dig through it all, so not a huge priority relative to everything else that's going on. That's especially true because regardless of what I find, it doesn't change what's actually true in the game. If you can hit the cap without PvP right now, that'll still be true. If you can't, that'll also still be true.

Chump Norris
02-09-2015, 08:37 PM
Thank you for an official response.

If it makes it any easier on you Rashere copy my character to PTS and look at my pursuits.

nathanpbutler
02-09-2015, 11:40 PM
Well, the math is all on the first post, entirely done for Trion. I'll be redoing the calculations once the Alcatraz update and EGO cap rise comes, but it is pretty clear cut. I mean, it's addition. ;)

Doomsteel
02-18-2015, 09:43 PM
So, since launch, I've played Defiance on PS3. I usually don't bother with Platinum Trophies or getting EVERYTHING done in a game, especially one as big as Defiance in terms of the amount of "stuff to get done." When I found myself getting more done than I expected, I made a point of plowing through what was left, and I've kept up since. I've found myself somewhat obsessive about completing all that Defiance throws at us, and that has made me somewhat obsessive about the concept of "maximum EGO rating."

Etaew's great Defiance Data site is my go-to site on anything Defiance, but when it comes to the maximum EGO rating, I've found some contradictory and out of date information (here (http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=220) and here (http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=222)), so I'm hoping that this thread can (a) help me and others track what the "real" maximum EGO rating would be, absent the level cap, and (b) provide information for Etaew to perhaps update Defiance Data without having to do yet another bunch of researching himself, given that I'd imagine the DD workload is huge.

------------------------

We all know that the original EGO cap was 5000, then it was removed, and now it has been reinstated with a bump up t 5900 as the EGO cap. However, we also know that this was intended as a means of getting to the cap without needing to do every single pursuit, which, by definition, means that the "real" maximum EGO is actually beyond 5900. We've also been told that when the EGO cap is raised again someday, we will get credit for the EGO we have earned beyond the cap. (That remains to be seen, as I've repeatedly asked for information on this EGO tracking and if there is a way to confirm our "real" EGO in some way, and these questions always result in no response whatsoever.)

Non-Pursuit EGO

Therefore:

13 x 19 x 4 = 988

3 x 19 x 4 = 228

Pursuit EGO

6 for Madera give us 65.
7 for Marin give us 70.
6 for Social give us 50.

Season 2

Totals

Without Any PVP:

Conclusions

However . . .

Exellent job!

nathanpbutler
04-09-2015, 08:42 PM
Looks like I'll be re-running these stats and such once we get Alcatraz in its final form on Tuesday. Post it as a new thread or update the initial post and title on this one if it's possible after this long?

dremora ven0m
04-10-2015, 03:08 AM
I have read this before & even tho its been said before, great job in doing such a thing.

Ray8888
04-10-2015, 05:03 AM
Awesome work. I have referred to this thread a lot. One thing I would love to see added after Alcatraz is if you broke out max without time trials/vehicle pursuits the same way you have with the DLC and PvP. I have tried it myself but I am not a smart man. I am sure I forgot something.

nathanpbutler
04-14-2015, 07:05 PM
Awesome work. I have referred to this thread a lot. One thing I would love to see added after Alcatraz is if you broke out max without time trials/vehicle pursuits the same way you have with the DLC and PvP. I have tried it myself but I am not a smart man. I am sure I forgot something.

That is a great idea. I'm going to update this tonight or tomorrow, once I get a chance to get the patch downloaded and hop into the game after my wife heads off to her night shift. I'm probably going to put it out there as a NEW thread, but if I can still edit the original post to put a link in there, I will.

Now, you're thinking just without time trial pursuits ONLY, right?