PDA

View Full Version : Themed Harvest gear: does it exist?

Markeen
12-08-2014, 10:24 PM
So, I've done too many harvest Arkfalls to count since the event started and personally I've yet to see a named weapon reward. I've come ranked in just about every spot you can from 1st to last and mostly only get blue gear. Then I see players "selling" named theme weapons and they have more than one and have never even done an arkfall. (Because I look for their names). So my question is, do these weapons even exist as rewards in harvest Arkfalls? If they are so rare how does one person get 3 of the same weapon? Are they cheating? When I rank lower on the card I do get better rewards but if I'm ranked higher I get blue rewards. This isn't really a complaint but an inquiry on how this reward system works and how a person can receive so many named weapons without even doing the Arkfalls? PS3 NA

Dixie Cougar
12-08-2014, 10:58 PM
I've never seen any during either the harvest or the HH event (wife got one named gun from HH though). I've had to trade for everything (can't complain about HH, as some of my non-named ojs were pretty good). Bad luck is all it is. Rashere said there would be a contract element in the Christmas event to keep the RNG from totally hosing people next time.

Bentu
12-08-2014, 11:38 PM
I did manage to get a Wolfman during the HH but it's my personal feeling that these weapons are more obtainable from the bits store via whatever lock box they come from.
The dropps in these events have been terrible and my experience from the HH has basically put me off from participating to any great extent in the Thanks Giving one.
To me these "holiday" events are supposed to be enjoyable which they are as far as the events are concerned however that is tainted by the miserable drop rates and the player count only goes to support that.
During the HH the events were manic and the hulkers were falling like Ten pins but in this one I've been hard pressed to find one with more than twenty guys there.

JadedSinn
12-08-2014, 11:40 PM
to answer all your questions . defer to the RNG gods that are stingy and mean to some. and giveing and forgiveing to others.

RNG gods pick favorets sometimes. and just like to pick on others. i my self im one of the few that is not in there faver much like you OP :) its all random luck of the draw. but i can contest that it dosent matter where you rank in the score sheet. you will in any ranking get some form of oj weapon sooner or latter. i like you have ranked as high as first and for the well lack of careing now that the events almost over i have also ranked at the bottem of the score sheet with a top score of 5000 thats the end reward after you beat them and after only pulling a triger long enough to get a score of 75 points.

at the top score spots i got nothiing but blues. at the bottems i got nothing butblues. but sometimes at the bottem i have manged to get atleast 3 ojs one of witch was like the AIDs virus and needed to be scraped for the mods on it latter (( it was a nasty descusting electric nanoed smg forget the name of it but it had some nast bad rolls on it. accurusy. no damage no clip )) anyway. the mods latter whent into something with a little more bite. at the moment i cant recall what that was.... but moveing on

the outfits. if that is what you also are looking for. such as the vary adorabul. (( would never wear it in my life )) hat. well that will drop from the events. the same goes for the named weapons but . its harder to get them

when the RNG is not happy with you :) so for now all u can do is a 24 hour grind of nothing but HF arkfalls. and hope and pray. to the RNG gods that you get. what you are looking for

(( or latter on down the road pay out the nose for one when someone desides to finaly sell them on the forum fully modded at ego level 5900 ))

Chump Norris
12-09-2014, 12:29 AM
I got a Turkeyshot tonight from an Arkfall so they really can drop. I would guess the people with multiples traded for them.

WanWhiteWolf
12-09-2014, 12:59 AM
The named weapons do exist and they only drop at major arkfals.

As for the drop rate, I would say it's about 1-2 %. The place is irrelevant. Skill doesn't matter in Defiance; only event participation. I've seen people who simply teleport to the event and afk. Some got feaster / carving knive with 0 score. Others ranked top in 50 events and have yet to see a legendary drop. (Not to mention a jackpot). It's like picking a number from 1 to 100. If you guess it, you get a legendary. If not, blues for you.

Purple drop rate is around 20%.

Zoomer12
12-09-2014, 01:09 AM
The themed gear is too rare imo.

There needs to be a way to balance the haves vs have nots and it seems they are trialling that with the Christmas event at least.

Kuroro
12-09-2014, 01:26 AM
Wolf has the reason.in hulker hell evetns i used to end in first place in every major arkfall and i got like 5 ojs and 10 purples,doing aprox 50 majors.now with new harvest,i got my feaster for playing 3 seconds before a major ends,and it was my first major of the event,since then i played like 40 majors and i got the head-gear,6 ojs and atleast 25 purples.i just had luck with that feaster,because since then i dont get any named weapon...

Xaat Xuun
12-09-2014, 03:38 AM
just got my first named drop since the head shot back in March,
this happens to most likely be the last frontier Major I'll have a chance to play in
I never picked up anything better then a Purple in HH

was so excited when I saw the score board I kept pressing the wrong key for the screen shot, manage to get it before the board disappeared
I posted it here http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?177110-Thanksgiving-on-the-New-Frontier&p=1648156&viewfull=1#post1648156

I really didn't think they dropped, never saw/read that any one ever got a named item, except for the hat

I was a non-Believer, till that last Frontier major

and I was late to that one, you may notice the score :o

WanWhiteWolf
12-09-2014, 05:35 AM
I am in a very active clan. So I can "draw" statistics based on % that people get. The odds are about:

Jackpot event item : 1-2 %
Legendary item : 5 - 10 %
Purple item : 20-25 %

Only Rashere can give you the right numbers. But it should be close to the above.

Markeen
12-09-2014, 08:02 AM
I don't know what RNG means but I know that after doing several of these a day for hours and hours and only getting blues and maybe an epic that I believe the only way to get the named weapons is from a themed lockbox. The people I've seen trading/selling these items tend to have more than one and it's always the same people. So are they using an exploit to make copies? I've never seen these people participate in the event. This post really isn't a complaint but it is discouraging to play so much and not have really anything to show for it. I got a Epic Blacked Hellfire AR with double crit rolls from HH that I made Legendary. So I guess that's something.

Fuzzy
12-09-2014, 08:09 AM
I don't know what RNG means but I know that after doing several of these a day for hours and hours and only getting blues and maybe an epic that I believe the only way to get the named weapons is from a themed lockbox. The people I've seen trading/selling these items tend to have more than one and it's always the same people. So are they using an exploit to make copies? I've never seen these people participate in the event. This post really isn't a complaint but it is discouraging to play so much and not have really anything to show for it. I got a Epic Blacked Hellfire AR with double crit rolls from HH that I made Legendary. So I guess that's something.

RNG stands for random number generator.
You can get them from the events but the chance is very very low. I played everyday for 1 1/2 weeks and got only blues with the occasional purple. On Saturday then I got two named weapons within 5 majors. That's RNG for you. Either you're lucky or you're not :(
During the Halloween event, I got 3 Demon Hunters and nothing else. That was some "luck" also. I know from a clanie that he got 3 Carving Knifes during Thanskgiving already. The distribution sometimes sucks for some people, favors others, but it's not some kind of exploit.
That system sucks, but Rashere said something about contracts for Christmas, so if the RNG decides so screw some people, we still will be able to get something. Makes me look forward to Christmas even more :)

I get your frustration about it, I was frustrated myself until Saturday. I got a huge clan and traded the Scourge last week already because a clan mate didn't want to have it. I was so happy to got it traded.
My tip, if you are one of those unlucky with RNG: Join an active clan. Most of my clan mates are asking in clan chat if anyone wants those weapons before selling them in zone chat and most of them don't even want a lot for them.

Tex_Arcana
12-09-2014, 08:13 AM
I am in a very active clan. So I can "draw" statistics based on % that people get. The odds are about:

Jackpot event item : 1-2 %
Legendary item : 5 - 10 %
Purple item : 20-25 %

Only Rashere can give you the right numbers. But it should be close to the above.
I wish I was getting those odds.
In any case: It's the rarity of the mods this time that is driving to insane.

Kuroro
12-09-2014, 08:54 AM
The people I've seen trading/selling these items tend to have more than one and it's always the same people. So are they using an exploit to make copies? I've never seen these people participate in the event.

lol markeen,u know me already,so i tell you about my experience getting purps and ojs:
the first oj i won,was in my first major;i was not interested on this event,i was chatting with a friend and i teleported to her when she was not answering me and well,i ended in the major that she was with around of 3 seconds before it ends and i got a feaster.since then,i have been searching majors and the first 10 majors that i did,i got like 8 purple mods.after that,i have been getting like 1 purple from 10 majors,or 1 oj weapon.i did like 50 majors until now.as you can see,i dont do anything like cheating or something like that,i think its not even posible on ps3

hardy83
12-09-2014, 09:51 AM
RNG, random number generator.
It's like gambling, having a random number pop up and it has to be the right number for you to win.

As for the outfits, those ONLY drop in the Cornucopia lockbox you can only buy with bits.
I bought a few when the lockboxes were cheap and didn't get one useful item. I bought a couple of the Devil's Carinval one and got the two outfits almost right away, but not the masks.
Long story short, the lockboxes are not worth gambling your real money away for RNG stuff.
When they were cheap, maybe, but at $5-$10 a pop it's NOT worth it(it's $10 because the Devil's lockbox is 450 bits, which means at minimum you need to drop $10 to get enough bits, which is what most companies do to force you to buy more than you need, which is BS_

Ryker Vorton
12-09-2014, 10:12 AM
Sadly RNG is far from fair, while some people get 3 or more of the same named weapons some get nothing, no matter how much effort one puts into it.

Xaat Xuun
12-09-2014, 10:20 AM
I'm pretty sure there was suppose to be a 'H' at the end of RNG
Really Never Gonna Happen

Mods, been after sniper mods ever since my alt picked up a Bio VOT Bolter with Plate Slicer Synergy, I have only picked up one sniper mod, and it was a rare converter.
I'm not getting the mods to drop like they did in HH event, it feels less, but sure they're just dropping like they do every where else
there has been a couple majors (final stage) only mod I got was from the reward at the end

Grandpa Ace
12-09-2014, 10:59 AM
You would be luck if the drop rate, just like killing turkeys, is less than 1/2%... These guys are always CHEAP when it comes to these events. MAYBE they will have some Christmas Spirit; because most of the year their typical response is, "This is a business." Heaven forbid they give something away or make the drop rate worth a hoot.

Typical!!!!!!

Quebra Regra
12-09-2014, 12:59 PM
I wish I was getting those odds.
In any case: It's the rarity of the mods this time that is driving to insane.

I'd question those "stats". Not likely valid.

That said I got a turkeyshot after chasing many events for days. All in all not impressive even fully modded. I might sell it, or loan it out for extensive field trials.

Quebra Regra
12-09-2014, 01:14 PM
I did manage to get a Wolfman during the HH but it's my personal feeling that these weapons are more obtainable from the bits store via whatever lock box they come from.
The dropps in these events have been terrible and my experience from the HH has basically put me off from participating to any great extent in the Thanks Giving one.
To me these "holiday" events are supposed to be enjoyable which they are as far as the events are concerned however that is tainted by the miserable drop rates and the player count only goes to support that.
During the HH the events were manic and the hulkers were falling like Ten pins but in this one I've been hard pressed to find one with more than twenty guys there.

wanna borrow a fully modded TURKEYSHOT? It's pretty ho-hum at best, you didn't miss much. :(

Fallen_Aingeal
12-09-2014, 02:43 PM
I have done several of the Harvester Arkfalls {average a dozen a night}. Placed at the top in some, placed at the bottom in others.

I have received 2 purple weapons, neither of which would be considered a "special weapon" aside from the synergy. I have received dozens of purple mods. And, the rest blue.

A member of my clan got named oj's in back to back arkfalls. Others are receiving oj's about every 3rd run. Makes me question the RNG...

Atticus Batman
12-09-2014, 03:30 PM
I have done several of the Harvester Arkfalls {average a dozen a night}. Placed at the top in some, placed at the bottom in others.

I have received 2 purple weapons, neither of which would be considered a "special weapon" aside from the synergy. I have received dozens of purple mods. And, the rest blue.

A member of my clan got named oj's in back to back arkfalls. Others are receiving oj's about every 3rd run. Makes me question the RNG...

Only purples I have seen are mods and infectors. I have not seen any of the special ojs.

Ryker Vorton
12-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Something i've noticed recently is many, (and i mean MANY) characters AFK just on the edge of major arkfalls... makes me wonder if people are bringing alt account characters to the event zone to increase their chances of getting a jackpot item.... :confused:

Zoomer12
12-09-2014, 04:03 PM
They sit on the edge because you can get 0 points and get decent items. Just gotta be there.

TheStigsCousin
12-09-2014, 06:44 PM
I've only got 2 or 3 useful weapons from these events. Mostly blues but this afternoon I got a purple wolfhound. As far as mods.....nada! They need to make the mods with the plate slicer synergy more accessible. It's almost over so I guess it's all for naught anyway.

JKG
12-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Managed to get the costume sniper an shotgun still no sword though will keep chasing the white whale .

stefb42
12-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Ok so I pulled a carving knife tonight but something is puzzling me, it has the plate slicer synergy but only 1 mod slot, and no plate slicer synergy mods are available, why give a special weapon a synergy you cant unlock the bonuses on....scratches head

Atticus Batman
12-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Ok so I pulled a carving knife tonight but something is puzzling me, it has the plate slicer synergy but only 1 mod slot, and no plate slicer synergy mods are available, why give a special weapon a synergy you cant unlock the bonuses on....scratches head

Easy, it isn't supposed to have the Plate slicer synergy, but nobody ever caught that issue before the Thanksgiving event went live.