PDA

View Full Version : verdict on plate slicer guns

whit
12-09-2014, 07:19 AM
Like a lot of people I have only got crap and mediocre guns/mods from the harvest arkfalls. With some trading I might be able to put together something half decent but is it really worth it ? Is a (unnamed) plate slicer gun worthy of a slot in your loadout, if so, which types and what is the best nano to complement it ? I am really thinking of, for example, an oj gun with blue mods or purple gun with purple mods ie. good, but not the best possible.

Meee
12-09-2014, 07:28 AM
Well I'll tell you this . Ever since my low level guy got a bio ps vbi ar I've been trying to get one for my high level guys . I'm telling you this thing really has zero valuable rolls ( crit , dmg ) but hits like a truck . I've shot a bulwark and it went from 10 plates to zero in less then half clip and I had no bio perks on . So my recommendation would be either a bio smg , ar , lmg ( whichever you prefer ) obviously I'd say oj with good rolls and purple mods but take what you can get

konstantinov
12-09-2014, 07:53 AM
Well I'll tell you this . Ever since my low level guy got a bio ps vbi ar I've been trying to get one for my high level guys . I'm telling you this thing really has zero valuable rolls ( crit , dmg ) but hits like a truck . I've shot a bulwark and it went from 10 plates to zero in less then half clip and I had no bio perks on . So my recommendation would be either a bio smg , ar , lmg ( whichever you prefer ) obviously I'd say oj with good rolls and purple mods but take what you can get

It's very effective on the bio semi auto sniper and long shot cannon I have. It has a tendency to glitch on my telespanner though. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't

Tex_Arcana
12-09-2014, 08:05 AM
I have an OJ VOT Disruptor which is in my Volge Killer loadout.
It also benefited from good rolls.
It does an awesome job.
Especially taking into account that it is a weapon that I would have never used again otherwise.

Altras
12-09-2014, 08:16 AM
Id say its all about what you'd be using it for. If its pve, you want to go lmg/ar/explosive and whatever else is preferred. I can say from experience a bio plate slicer sniper is amazing in pvp. the +6 armor plates (4th stat) is amazing when about to rush in. Havn't tested much in pve tho.

alienstookmybeer
12-09-2014, 08:41 AM
I thought the 3rd level of the synergy, 10% chance of full reload on enemy armor break would be a nice benefit especially with the Preparedness perk nerf. However, I was surprised at how rarely that 10% triggered. Wouldn't surprise me if it's bugged.

Ryker Vorton
12-09-2014, 09:40 AM
So far the only "nice" weapon i got is a VBI TACC Assault Rifle with syphon nano, the combination of plate slicer to eat shields and syphon to "steal" shield/life works quite nice. Sadly that rifle is just a blue one.

Tried other weapons, all green or blue, didn't like them. Got a purple shotgun but haven't tried it (i'm saving it for a clanie who likes shotguns) and the only Oj item i got was a vot bolter with a small ammo clip, i gave it away.

King Stud
12-09-2014, 11:53 AM
From my experience only you really need the bio nano to trigger the plate slicer synergy effects. All the other nanos fail to deal enough dmg to armor to really trigger the synergy (syphon nano might be the exception, but I haven't tested this out enough yet).

Brido_hecatombe
12-09-2014, 12:00 PM
I got an OJ Ground Pounder from one, the thing is awesome with a +2 mag mod plus I bought a t4 radius mod, really good weapon in volge siege for taking down the big guys and has np knocking the armor off anything

Quebra Regra
12-09-2014, 12:45 PM
I thought the 3rd level of the synergy, 10% chance of full reload on enemy armor break would be a nice benefit especially with the Preparedness perk nerf. However, I was surprised at how rarely that 10% triggered. Wouldn't surprise me if it's bugged.

I've never seen it happen on my turkeyshot. :(

JadedSinn
12-09-2014, 03:45 PM
hmmm ill throw in my glove for this one.

some . NOT all . are ok. ground pound with platslicer. good for pvp and dark matter clean up. not so go on volge. vot fragger with plat slicer. ok for cleaning up in pvp and anytrhing with a shield. not so good on volge. muza or whatever that odd gun is called. havent been tested in pvp but works ok on small things. threat level 6 and lower.

other then that i cant say much about some of the others. if it dosent come with bio or fire. or rad as the nano on it. i wouldnt use it anyway. not to mention geting anything in purple or oj is hard enough , let alone geting a named gun.

so all in all if i had to rate them compared to other weapons thy would get a 4/10 10 being the highest.

there situatenal. the synergy dosent trigger as much as it should. i have yet to see a reload clip on enamy shield break. have seen plat slicer appear but nothing happen. damage output seems to never change on enamy shield breaks. you do get the armour from time to time but its % is low. all in all. its not the best. ill pull out my hellfire weapons faster then ill pull out a platslicer weapon 9 times out of 10

JOCCO5150
12-09-2014, 04:04 PM
With my oj ps vot tachmag pulser I consistently run around with 6 plates of armor. The oj ps slugger with 25 in the clip makes a mess of things too

Quebra Regra
12-09-2014, 04:09 PM
With my oj ps vot tachmag pulser I consistently run around with 6 plates of armor. The oj ps slugger with 25 in the clip makes a mess of things too

My Turkeyshot only triggers the xtra plates vary rarely... regardless of how much armour I break. It's so inconsistent as to be disappointed.

Bigbearbear
12-09-2014, 04:45 PM
I have a green LMG, a "Thunderer" that has radiation nano. I put a couple of mods on it and spec the 2 skills that lets radiation do more damages, and it seems to work very well. In Chinatown afflicted sieges, when Darkmatter arrives and drops a bunch of Bulwarks, I can rake them with this LMG and remove all their armor plates easily.

Atticus Batman
12-09-2014, 04:52 PM
I have a green LMG, a "Thunderer" that has radiation nano. I put a couple of mods on it and spec the 2 skills that lets radiation do more damages, and it seems to work very well. In Chinatown afflicted sieges, when Darkmatter arrives and drops a bunch of Bulwarks, I can rake them with this LMG and remove all their armor plates easily.

That is good, but what is the highest threat level you have done that on?

Rashere
12-09-2014, 04:53 PM
My Turkeyshot only triggers the xtra plates vary rarely... regardless of how much armour I break. It's so inconsistent as to be disappointed.

It's a 100% chance to grant ablative armor when you break a target's armor, but with a few stipulations:

1) It can only trigger once every 15 seconds.
2) Ablative Armor doesn't stack with other effects that grant ablative armor
3) A killing blow doesn't count as destroying the armor

I just grabbed the Turkeyshot Pump and its procing the effect 100% of the time assuming those caveats.

Rashere

Slayer Slayn
12-09-2014, 04:54 PM
best plate slicer synery gun....

Tachmag or VOT Tachmag Pulsar Purps or OJ
Siphon nano
Blue and green rolls are crits (1.15 and 1.25)
White and purp rolls are reload or recoil (whatevs)
OJ roll as Dmg
Mastery roll is dmg or nano rate increase.

THAT! would be a beastly weapon!

only the really nead one plate slicer synery mod with this setup. the rrest of the mods can be oj mods. I suggest boosting the base DMG and hip fire accuracy as much as possible.

Quebra Regra
12-10-2014, 09:58 AM
It's a 100% chance to grant ablative armor when you break a target's armor, but with a few stipulations:

1) It can only trigger once every 15 seconds.
2) Ablative Armor doesn't stack with other effects that grant ablative armor
3) A killing blow doesn't count as destroying the armor

I just grabbed the Turkeyshot Pump and its procing the effect 100% of the time assuming those caveats.

Rashere

Ahh, that cooldown :(

Rashere
12-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Ahh, that cooldown :(

It's listed right on the synergy description. ;) Can't have the ablative armor up all the time, so 10s duration with a 15s cooldown.

Rashere

konstantinov
12-10-2014, 02:01 PM
It's listed right on the synergy description. ;) Can't have the ablative armor up all the time, so 10s duration with a 15s cooldown.

Rashere

au contraire mon frere

Quebra Regra
12-10-2014, 03:34 PM

Rashere

but I want the ablative armour full period... you really need to fix that! ;)

Much less desirable as a legendary a it functions now... Might have been nice to have buffed the fire rate a little.

konstantinov
12-10-2014, 03:44 PM
but I want the ablative armour full period... you really need to fix that! ;)

Much less desirable as a legendary a it functions now... Might have been nice to have buffed the fire rate a little.

It's fairly easy to have 3 plates of ablative armor at all times. Think about it.