PDA

View Full Version : AAARGH my 2nd ps3 is broken post!!!

Burned In Effigy
12-09-2014, 05:47 PM
so about 6 months ago I did a ps3 factory reset on my ps3. After I did that everything ran great I can get into coops. Well my ps3 was acting funny again so I did another factory reset. Now I keep getting a critical error screen and I cannot get into the game. But last night I mysteriously got into the game to finish 1 coop instance weird. Ever since then I cannot get back into the game am I missing something? I've check my internet connection I've checked everything everything looks good. Super frustrated.

konstantinov
12-09-2014, 05:49 PM
so about 6 months ago I did a ps3 factory reset on my ps3. After I did that everything rangre I can get into coops. Well my ps3 was acting funny again so I did another factory reset. Now I keep getting a critical error screen and I cannot get into the game. But last night I mysteriously got into the game to finish 1 coop instance weird. Ever since then I cannot get back into the game am I missing something? I've check my internet connection I've checked everything everything looks good. Super frustrated.

Man that sucks. I remember when your first one broke so you bought another as a early birthday present for yourself. You have got to stay off the adult sites!!!!!! XXX=no worky. I'm kidding of course but your luck with ps3's is worse than mine in Defiance.

Burned In Effigy
12-09-2014, 05:50 PM
oh and also I deleted the patch twice and still am having the same issue not being able to log into the game.

Burned In Effigy
12-09-2014, 05:51 PM
Man that sucks. I remember when your first one broke so you bought another as a early birthday present for yourself. You have got to stay off the adult sites!!!!!! XXX=no worky. I'm kidding of course but your luck with ps3's is worse than mine in Defiance.

no I didn't buy a new one as much as I just did the hard set and man it was like brand new.and no me and adult sites go together like PB&J

Burned In Effigy
12-09-2014, 05:54 PM
Lol I just got it. its not my second ps3 it's my second ps3 is broken post.

Jeff Lonestar
12-09-2014, 05:58 PM
try activating your system thru the PSN Account Management / System Activation option, it might fix it so u can actually load the game.

Burned In Effigy
12-09-2014, 06:01 PM
haha I don't actually remember doing that the first time but I'll definitely give it a try thanks for the reply.

Burned In Effigy
12-09-2014, 06:08 PM
Didn't work. Double damm.

blackgut
12-09-2014, 06:10 PM
i dont know if this will make u feel better but im on my 4th xbox lol

Kuroro
12-09-2014, 06:37 PM
hace you checked if you need an update of software?

Burned In Effigy
12-09-2014, 06:43 PM
hace you checked if you need an update of software?
Yeah already did that.

PhantasieTrion
12-10-2014, 05:25 PM
so about 6 months ago I did a ps3 factory reset on my ps3. After I did that everything ran great I can get into coops. Well my ps3 was acting funny again so I did another factory reset. Now I keep getting a critical error screen and I cannot get into the game. But last night I mysteriously got into the game to finish 1 coop instance weird. Ever since then I cannot get back into the game am I missing something? I've check my internet connection I've checked everything everything looks good. Super frustrated.

Hi

I can try and help, but can you expand a bit on some of this?

What does "acting funny" mean? Was it a Defiance specific problem or a PS3 specific problem?
When you say you get a "Critical Error screen and can't get into the game" - Does the patcher run? Does it patch successfully? Can you get to Character Selection? ie Where in the startup does the Critical Error happen
Any other usefull information :)

Burned In Effigy
12-10-2014, 05:28 PM
wow thanks for your quick reply. Okay so acting funny meant that it took forever for my Ps 3 to load just to get onto defiant so I know it was a ps3 issue.so after I did the ps3 factory reset I downloaded the patch and then I had to undownload it and then redownload it again. And yes I was able to get to the US to the character select screen and it starts to load it says connecting to server is and then it always crits me out no matter what.

Burned In Effigy
12-10-2014, 05:30 PM
pS This is the second time I've had to factory reset my ps3 do to corrupted data the first time it ran really smooth and for some reason its not running as smooth as it did the first time but again I can get to the character selection screen and everytime I hit the X button it creeps me out.

Burned In Effigy
12-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Sorry and yes it patches successfully

PhantasieTrion
12-11-2014, 03:39 PM
HI

We looked into this, but haven't had a lot of luck yet.

I can see your login, with the most recent being Dec 12 at 12:47.31 AM UTC. Our servers receive no more communication from you after your initial connection. Approximately 1 minute later, at 12:48.54, your connection times out and we finalize the disconnect (since we receive no data from you).

This doesn't necessarily mean the issue is on your end, but its certainly a possibility.

Did you change any router settings recently? Did you get a new router or tighten security on your current one?
If you have a PC on the same router as your PS3, could you follow the instructions here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172888-Latency-Update-and-Feedback-Request&p=1606883&viewfull=1#post1606883) and PM them to me?

Im going to keep digging into this, but I don't see anything obvious yet :(

Burned In Effigy
12-11-2014, 03:53 PM
so maybe I should unplug my router and reset it that's the only thing I haven't done yet. I have a wireless router from AT&T. Or maybe I should get a router and plug it in the back of my ps3 that be another option wouldn't it?

Burned In Effigy
12-11-2014, 04:01 PM
PS if it's possible to look through Monday till now you'll see probably 50 attempts to login. My attempts lately have been fewer and fewer just due to frustration. I'm remaining very hopeful though thank you.

PhantasieTrion
12-11-2014, 04:24 PM
FYI: I also copied your character (Neckbeard) to both my PTS account on PC and to a my live US-PS3 account on a retail kit. I could load that character and get in the game fine on both. While the character copy can't be 100% identical from source -> destination (primary keys change, etc), it does indicate that there's likely not a problem with the character itself (in an invalid location in the world, etc).

And, yes, Ive tracked your attempts back for a couple weeks. I can see your last valid play sessions, etc.

Burned In Effigy
12-11-2014, 04:44 PM
okay so I guess I'm going to try the plugin from the router to my ps3 and see if that works.

Burned In Effigy
12-11-2014, 05:13 PM
FYI: I also copied your character (Neckbeard) to both my PTS account on PC and to a my live US-PS3 account on a retail kit. I could load that character and get in the game fine on both. While the character copy can't be 100% identical from source -> destination (primary keys change, etc), it does indicate that there's likely not a problem with the character itself (in an invalid location in the world, etc).

And, yes, Ive tracked your attempts back for a couple weeks. I can see your last valid play sessions, etc.

so for the uninitiated is that a good sign or is that a bad sign sorry

konstantinov
12-11-2014, 05:20 PM
so for the uninitiated is that a good sign or is that a bad sign sorry

It's a good sign he was able to get in to Defiance using your character. Have you had any problems with other games?

Burned In Effigy
12-11-2014, 05:33 PM
It's a good sign he was able to get in to Defiance using your character. Have you had any problems with other games?
ok cool but no I don't have any problems with any other games

Burned In Effigy
12-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Dammit its not working. Connected Ethernet cable still can't log in. I did change my settings to wired and I tested it.