PDA

View Full Version : idea: 2v2 3v3 and 5v5 arena style pvp please read people and dev's

x iTz CrispZ x
04-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Hello my idea is basically 2v2 3v3 and 5v5 arena style pvp test with all weapons if that goes wrong try with a certain weapon or add a shop where you buy pvp guns and balence them with small symetrical maps 1 life each to make use of the abilities with like pvp ranks so you match up with people at your skill level I think this will be a great idea and open up new gate ways for the game I would love to see this implemented let me know what you think below

Or something like this

Please do not judge because im new

Reza
04-03-2013, 10:19 PM
When I was in the last area of the San Quentin prison area for the story mission I couldn't help but think how awesome it would be for a 3v3 pvp map. Small and compact but with lots of cover.

I think it would be a good idea to have small matches like 3v3-5v5 as well. Would be easy to make some maps if you just take them from sections of the game like the example I gave above.

Not sure about the other stuff in your post. Wasnt very clear.

x iTz CrispZ x
04-03-2013, 10:33 PM
When I was in the last area of the San Quentin prison area for the story mission I couldn't help but think how awesome it would be for a 3v3 pvp map. Small and compact but with lots of cover.

I think it would be a good idea to have small matches like 3v3-5v5 as well. Would be easy to make some maps if you just take them from sections of the game like the example I gave above.

Not sure about the other stuff in your post. Wasnt very clear.

Ah ok thanks I'll try and explain basically make certain pvp guns so its well balenced and a shop what sells these guns
And a ranking system so you get matched with players as good as you

Also I like the cover part

I'm glad you agree I would love to see this also I have asked a few people and friends while I was streaming and many agreed it would be good

x iTz CrispZ x
04-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Also maybe add like victory points or a currency to buy pvp weapons/shields/mods
This would be amazing I think this idea would be amazing for esports

Sorry for double posting im just getting carried away with this haha

Tacopolice
04-04-2013, 12:20 AM
I posted something like this yesterday.. I think it's a very good idea.. Make ranks where you can go up or down in rating and have the pvp gear obtainable at a certain rank/rating small maps for sure tho 2v2 3v3 5v5 would be so much fun!!

x iTz CrispZ x
04-04-2013, 03:37 AM
I posted something like this yesterday.. I think it's a very good idea.. Make ranks where you can go up or down in rating and have the pvp gear obtainable at a certain rank/rating small maps for sure tho 2v2 3v3 5v5 would be so much fun!!
i agree also it would be a amazing esport

g0dm0d
04-04-2013, 07:49 AM
I smell WOW players in this thread. Ha. But it does seem like a smaller map with less players could be rather fun. I agree we need rankings in PvP though.

Harsk
04-04-2013, 08:21 AM
I really hope not.

mimneotic
04-04-2013, 09:02 AM
This game, an E-Sport? Please, just... no. It's not happening. Not while acquiring weapons is as random as it currently is and so many functions and variables are hidden from us, not to mention the massive amount of bugs and other issues the Defiance team have to focus on right now. Defiance becoming an E-Sport may happen in a year or two IF the TV-show goes completely out of control and gathers an audience the size of Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead. That AND the game itself needs sooo insanely much polish, like I just said.

On the other hand, YES PLEASE, I'd like arena-style fights.

mmproc4619
04-04-2013, 10:23 AM
heck link the areas to a camp as a dueling ground like put a wager system on it. Then limit the folks playing to certain weapon types (for example you can use any pistol you got but you have to use a pistol or some such agreed to by the players when they are making the bet) . It would be a fun thing to do when you are waiting for a buddy or to decide who gets what loot item.

Ciannon
04-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Thought I stopped playing WoW. Guess others are still playing it and trying to turn other games into WoW

mmproc4619
04-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Not really. I just see this as a way of stealing my buddies gun.

x iTz CrispZ x
04-04-2013, 01:46 PM
I smell WOW players in this thread. Ha. But it does seem like a smaller map with less players could be rather fun. I agree we need rankings in PvP though.

i have never played wow im on xbox it was just a idea that me and my friends and some followers from twitch came up with

Chaddington
04-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Arena type gameplay matches is planned for a future date. It has alot of the features that you guys are mentioning, or at least planned to go into them. I am really excited that you guys are asking for this.

Keep the ideas and feedback coming in.

Thanks,

Chaddington

thejx4
04-04-2013, 02:28 PM
why can't we set up our own matches? No XP is fine with me.

Reza
04-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Being able to buy pvp weapons (unique skins? as opposed to special pvp stats) is a nice idea.

I think the philosophy of this game is the keep the playing field level and not give large advantages to certain players. So I don't like the idea of adding any sort of pvp stats that would make you stronger in pvp.

But rewards for pvp'ing are a nice idea. I think there is a pvp faction already? Maybe add a vendor somewhere (if it doesn't already exist) with some unique skins for pvp and open world (vehicles/outfits/weapons ect.)

A ranking system for matchmaking purposes is a great idea. But beyond that I really don't like the idea of a player's ranking determining anything else.

Maybe hold tournaments where teams can register and then there be prizes for the winners (such as titles or lockboxes - thing's already in the game or some bits in the cash shop or a reference to the winning team in the TV show)

I think 2v2 TDM would be too limited. But there is a lot of potential in this game for unique game types. Like for example a 5 person race map. Or having a multiplayer game type similar to some of the challenges in the world. Where the winner is the team who kills the most bugs or rescues the most hostages.

Just please don't make the smaller matches like Arenas in that there is a larger barrier of entry in that you need 4 other friends to create a team. Allow premade vs premade teams and the ability to solo queue for these just as well.

Vallee25
04-04-2013, 04:16 PM
The PvE is huge, they need to make the PvP just has huge with ranked matches, skins, gear, clan vs clan battles (is a must). The best PvP I've played was Starhawk and this game as an MMO and grinding for gear supports teh PvE for PvP'ers. I could play this for a long while if they develope is correctly.

However, TDM needs to be longer and a better map. Also a vehicle map for TDM.... keep working Dev Team i'm like what's already here and whating to see the competitive PvP potential it has.

x iTz CrispZ x
04-04-2013, 09:42 PM
The PvE is huge, they need to make the PvP just has huge with ranked matches, skins, gear, clan vs clan battles (is a must). The best PvP I've played was Starhawk and this game as an MMO and grinding for gear supports teh PvE for PvP'ers. I could play this for a long while if they develope is correctly.

However, TDM needs to be longer and a better map. Also a vehicle map for TDM.... keep working Dev Team i'm like what's already here and whating to see the competitive PvP potential it has. would be fun

x iTz CrispZ x
04-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Arena type gameplay matches is planned for a future date. It has alot of the features that you guys are mentioning, or at least planned to go into them. I am really excited that you guys are asking for this.

Keep the ideas and feedback coming in.

Thanks,

Chaddington
thanks for the reply chaddington