PDA

View Full Version : Remove BMG Glow, Use Firewall Animation

Altras
12-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Simply states it in the thread title. Id rather see green numbers indicating healing then the bmg glow of doom. And to indicate a prot bmg, just throw a little icon above people in protection. Framerate bmg Issues: Gone.

Breezybealle
12-10-2014, 07:22 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with that. Or even if they made a barely visible blue aura around the player instead of the blinding blue lights linking everyone and god forsaken honeycomb that I can't see through when its on me... one person also suggested that it only affect the people who needed healing or whose shields were low versus hitting every person regardless of condition.

Dixie Cougar
12-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Yes please, then I can use my clan MOTD to do something besides remind the new members not to grief with the dreaded blue beam.

Bentu
12-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Yes please, then I can use my clan MOTD to do something besides remind the new members not to grief with the dreaded blue beam.

There's only you and the misses can't you just shout across the room. :)

Dixie Cougar
12-10-2014, 07:31 PM
There's only you and the misses can't you just shout across the room. :)

Haha it did indeed start with just us but now there is a rapacious brood of youngsters, er, I mean, recruits, trying to level up. Gotta keep the little brats from tarnishing the family name :P

JadedSinn
12-10-2014, 07:38 PM
Haha it did indeed start with just us but now there is a rapacious brood of youngsters, er, I mean, recruits, trying to level up. Gotta keep the little brats from tarnishing the family name :P

naww a good switch cut from a willow tree will do that just fine. or a nice thick leather belt >.> jk.

hmmm i like the idea altra. but there on flaw. how will people know that thy connected to someone else if the beam of doom is removed forever.

i say take it down to a point where the beam is a thin line of wire light. insted of it being the blinding light that it is.

and i think iv figured out why the bluindyness is from. have any of you tryed looking at the sun in the game ? how at diffrent angles the lighting is diffrent. i think its an ambiant lighting setting that is hard coded into the games light effects. so that shadows are cast and other things like that. if we could have access to turn off. said ambiant lighting . boom . no more bmg blinding light of death. o.o dont know about anything else though. its just a theory on whats creating the evil light of doom comeing off the bmg beams.

maybe while there in there rooting around in the code to find the issue . thy can give us a " turn off exsplosions " toggle. and also insted of haveing the crimfighters balls of doom bounce around like pinballs. maybe only have them bounce twice like pinballs. just a thought. more theorys got alot of them...

Dixie Cougar
12-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Yeah, reducing it to the level of the offensive BMG beam would be a good start.

Altras
12-10-2014, 07:42 PM
How will people know that thy connected to someone else if the beam of doom is removed forever.

By using icons, or the new text effects. Spanner protection could be in yellow/red(idk the color coding of it all yet) And healing, would be the floating green numbers like firewall. While linked, you see an icon on friendly that could look something like the heal stim icon, only without the stim, floating over whoever is linked.

Bentu
12-10-2014, 07:44 PM

This but change the colour to green for healing.

Major Crapshot
12-10-2014, 08:27 PM
I have a question and then a comment.

Question - Does the Stingray produce the honeycomb shield when healing? Per the descripton, it seems to just heal and deal damage utilizing many links without the shield. This is the only BMG I use and for this reason. I just want to make sure when I do use it to "non-spam" heal someone. I usually only use it when I solo so I can level my BMG skill (ugh).

Comment - When I find myself at a major AF and I am suddenly being unnecessarily healed, I find that by moving towards the biggest group of higher-tier enemies at high speed with an "apparent disregard" my safety causes many to break off and find someone else to heal. Those rare ones that do stay with me usually leave after a few minutes... right when it starts getting interesting.

Come on player. Don't you want to earn that score?
Oh yeah.... right. You're using a BMG. Silly me.

konstantinov
12-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Simply states it in the thread title. Id rather see green numbers indicating healing then the bmg glow of doom. And to indicate a prot bmg, just throw a little icon above people in protection. Framerate bmg Issues: Gone.

A small semi transparent circle over their head would suffice for a spanner protector. Hell of a suggestion though OP.

Dixie Cougar
12-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Infected sieges are the best place to get bmg leveling out of the way.

Stingray doesn't honeycomb (that's the spanner protector I believe), its main ability is quick linking. Healing provides very little weapon xp though.

Major Crapshot
12-10-2014, 08:53 PM

Stingray doesn't honeycomb (that's the spanner protector I believe), its main ability is quick linking. Healing provides very little weapon xp though.
I'll have to remember that during the seiges. I try not to use it at big events. I like to use the BMG on skitterlings (especially in big groups) to watch them pop en mass.

Thank you for the leveling tip and thanks for the confirmation about the shield or lack thereof.

Altras
12-10-2014, 08:56 PM

This but change the colour to green for healing.

Indeed. Maybe throw the numbers in there too, then when/if they add more video settings, you can choose between the two, or have both.

JadedSinn
12-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Indeed. Maybe throw the numbers in there too, then when/if they add more video settings, you can choose between the two, or have both.

i dont know i think thy should atleast keep the beams but reduse the visuals heavaly on them.

change the beams size . reduse the lighting effect on it. maybe even change the color from that bright blue white to something softer ? maybe ? i dont know. every idea here is a good one so far. atleast a few people are trying to figure out how to fix them insted of demanding them be removed.

on a BMG related note. anyone use one lately and notice on a BMG kill that a red popup pops up sayting " heal cost reduced " at the end of an arkfall i see a wave of like 10 of them appear on the screen at the same time. im thinking theres some hidden skills on some of the weapons out there that we have that we dont know about .

needs further testing but. something tells me some of the guns have thes hidden skills on them, ill have to look into it more.

Bentu
12-10-2014, 11:05 PM
I have a question and then a comment.

Question - Does the Stingray produce the honeycomb shield when healing? Per the descripton, it seems to just heal and deal damage utilizing many links without the shield. This is the only BMG I use and for this reason. I just want to make sure when I do use it to "non-spam" heal someone. I usually only use it when I solo so I can level my BMG skill (ugh).

Comment - When I find myself at a major AF and I am suddenly being unnecessarily healed, I find that by moving towards the biggest group of higher-tier enemies at high speed with an "apparent disregard" my safety causes many to break off and find someone else to heal. Those rare ones that do stay with me usually leave after a few minutes... right when it starts getting interesting.

Come on player. Don't you want to earn that score?
Oh yeah.... right. You're using a BMG. Silly me.

To answer your question the honey comb effect is produced by the spanner protector and it seems funny that the guys healing you would run away just when they are needed and more points available to them.

showat
12-11-2014, 01:25 AM
Yes, BMG flashy glow lights and yellow hexagonal shield has got to be changed to a different particle effect or at least give ppl the ability to have advanced graphics options. Crimefighter and bloodhound also need a rework of their booger splash graphic effect. If adjusting the animations is too difficult of a task then allow more end user graphics options so ppl can adjust what they want to see and what they don't want to see. Such as give the ability to disable all particle affects from exploding booger guns and bmg shield/healing lights. Also give the ability to set how many ppl around you are to be rendered/shown on your screen such as 10/25/50/75/100 ppl etc etc. That way it further reduces the the blinding effects of bmg's during large events where lots of ppl come only to have an endless connecting stream of bmg encompassing everyone in range of it.

I play at max settings at 2560x1600 and it is just blinding having all the exploding booger bombs and glowing ppl from bmg spam on screen its like getting spammed by flashbangs over and over. People that play on lower graphics settings wouldnt understand how blinding it can be at times during events.

Cyripax NeoPrime
12-11-2014, 01:28 AM
OMG YES! Lol i literally find myself running away from the guy with the bmg at arkfalls because its so bad. Cant see anything either through that mess

crazyged
12-11-2014, 02:29 AM
I can sorta live with bmgs (barely), barring the spanner trapper.

Get. RID. of. the. HONEYCOMB!

Atticus Batman
12-11-2014, 04:10 AM
By using icons, or the new text effects. Spanner protection could be in yellow/red(idk the color coding of it all yet) And healing, would be the floating green numbers like firewall. While linked, you see an icon on friendly that could look something like the heal stim icon, only without the stim, floating over whoever is linked.

If you mean the dev's current color coding system for the new triggered-effect popups, You may want to check ot this quote, I coaxed out of TheCrater:

It would be great if a dev would come in and tell us what all the different colored text popups are supposed to mean. Could somebody please answer this? Like if they are supposed to be categorized like this:
Yellow popups = Perks
Blue popups = shields
Red popups = Epic rolls

Hey all, I can confirm what Batman said: the text color on the new triggered-effect popups does NOT have anything to do with effectiveness - it corresponds to the source of the bonus. Here is what the colors should be right now:
Green: uncommon tier Spikes and Stims
Blue: rare tier Spikes and Stims
Yellow: perks
Green: Synergy bonuses
Red: weapon bonuses (including epic rolls & masteries)
Blue: shield bonuses

I'm hoping they add a 4th color and text for mastery effects.

That seems like a good idea to me. I'll put it on my list for one of the future patches.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?177763-Hey-trion-need-some-help&p=1644935&viewfull=1#post1644935

3183beowulf
12-11-2014, 06:46 AM
the devs should just allow friendly fire for BMG users...

or create the first mod for shields, something that repels the beam so it doesn't hit you, giving you back the choice of wether or not you even want to be healed.

though I'd prefer the friendly fire idea, I'd much rather just kill them all

konstantinov
12-11-2014, 06:50 AM
I can sorta live with bmgs (barely), barring the spanner trapper.

Get. RID. of. the. HONEYCOMB!

It's the protector that gives you the honeycomb. Trappers give you poo boots.

squidgod2000
12-11-2014, 07:00 AM
In my WM this morning, two people were using Spanner Protectors.

Shockingly, we lost.

konstantinov
12-11-2014, 07:38 AM
In my WM this morning, two people were using Spanner Protectors.

Shockingly, we lost.

There's still slugs (downed players that don't extract) in there on the floor.

Altras
12-11-2014, 08:16 AM
It's the protector that gives you the honeycomb.

And the Shield Spanner. Tele spanner and trapper are the only ones with any real, practical use

Tex_Arcana
12-11-2014, 08:20 AM

Afflicted I assume Dixie?
I agree wholeheartedly.
That's where I am leveling mine. And I only use the Spanner offensively ;)

Altras
01-03-2015, 12:00 PM
With SS Arkfalls ending soon, this issue is going to become a problem again :/

1) Fixing the particles so they aren't so obnoxious that people using BMGs upsets everyone around them.
2) Making BMGs more effective and worthwhile to use.

Has to be done in that order.

Rashere

While I like the idea of BMG's becoming useful, Think we'd all settle on a particle fix first.

3183beowulf
01-03-2015, 06:37 PM
the only place you should be able to use a BMG is in a thorn liro arena, great place to level the damn thing.

if they can make 100 ark hunters at an arkfall disappear, making it really...fun...playing by your self then I don't see why they can't simply make the beam of a BMG disappear.

would be good to see something like the wing effect for protection though instead of that damn igloo. I still think we need something like a mod for your shield that repels the bmg beam. right now I have no choice but to be violated by these animals, it's no different than the forums being ***** at the moment by spam...there's probably teams working on a solution right now...but it's ok for the players to be ***** in game

Graywolfe
01-03-2015, 06:39 PM
I agree, it gets very frustrating for me when someone nearby in a major event turns on a BMG for healing and seconds later i loose the server and have reconnect and try to get back to the fight. I try to run away and it has help once or twice if i get far enough away fast enough but i should not have to leave an event cause someone wants to heal me when i dont want to be healed. The offensive BMGs dont seen to cause me any problems its just the dang healing that gets me DCd whenever they get fired up.

JadedSinn
01-03-2015, 07:40 PM
I agree, it gets very frustrating for me when someone nearby in a major event turns on a BMG for healing and seconds later i loose the server and have reconnect and try to get back to the fight. I try to run away and it has help once or twice if i get far enough away fast enough but i should not have to leave an event cause someone wants to heal me when i dont want to be healed. The offensive BMGs dont seen to cause me any problems its just the dang healing that gets me DCd whenever they get fired up.

ur geting DC on PC by BMGs....... yaaaa that would be a hardware issue on your end some where o.o becuse as a standered i have the bigest POS PC out there. so.. if im not geting DCed on wifi. on a lap top . with only 2 gigs of ram when in ANY ark fall with people useing BMGS.

theres something wrong on your system. you might want to look into it. o.o

Graywolfe
01-04-2015, 08:26 AM
ur geting DC on PC by BMGs....... yaaaa that would be a hardware issue on your end some where o.o becuse as a standered i have the bigest POS PC out there. so.. if im not geting DCed on wifi. on a lap top . with only 2 gigs of ram when in ANY ark fall with people useing BMGS.

theres something wrong on your system. you might want to look into it. o.o

I did i built this rig to handle any game out there and it does so trust me not on my end. It only happens with the BMG healing nothing else gets me DCd, not even crimefighters. The only real issue that the Devs could come up with after we went over it together with some tests is the ISP is not able to handle the load from the data sent from their server when a BMG healing is used.

JadedSinn
01-04-2015, 10:03 AM
I did i built this rig to handle any game out there and it does so trust me not on my end. It only happens with the BMG healing nothing else gets me DCd, not even crimefighters. The only real issue that the Devs could come up with after we went over it together with some tests is the ISP is not able to handle the load from the data sent from their server when a BMG healing is used.

hmmm that is strange o.o good luck with finind a fix for that kind of thing. its curius that it effects you like that.

Graywolfe
01-04-2015, 10:12 AM
well there is not really much i can do except this spring when my ISP account is up for renewal i will change my account to the top tier and see if that helps with it, fingers crossed. The only suggestion i could make for them to try on there end was to change the color of it. I have had a DC at the end of a regular major arkfall when the lights start up but only a few times and the color is about the same as the BMG beam. The SS ends use red and green and i never get that problem. So im thinking they may want to avoid that blue/white color in their displays. It is weird that it would cause an issue but it seems to spike the graphics feed across the servers.

I hope they do fix the BMGs cause i would love to try one but wont use them as long they are causing problems for other people.

I apologize to you and other BMG users if it seems i am angry with you specifically i am just fustrated with this part of the game. :p

Baff
01-05-2015, 12:45 PM
I've had an enormous amount of DC issues with this game over the past months.
All of them serverside problems.

It's not the BMG, it's not your rig or your ISP.
Frustratingly, there is nothing you can do about it at all.
I expect the servers are constantly being tweaked to match the optimum available system resources, RAM, CPU cycles, bandwidth to the current number of players/AI accessing the server. So there will always be periods of adjustment in which DCfests/lagfests are part of the maintenance cycle.
Certainly that was my own experience with the game servers I used to host.

Given that new stuff is being introduced to the game regularly and that test servers will never get enough players to calibrate the server load, this game will always have these issues from time to time.

With regards to the OP, what suggestions do people have for negative effects of the BMG that they would prefer?

What about if it slowed you instead of blinding you? Or jammed your gun while you were healed?
The problem with reducing graphics options/scaling down the BMG blinding effects is that it then requires a replacement negative effect to maintain the same game balance.

If people on consoles genuinely get framerate issues from the BMG then it needs a re-think.
On the otherhand if it's just people on the minimum end of the PC requirements scale... I'd be more inclined to ignore them.

Obviously I find all the blinding effects in this game to cause eye strain. The explosive weapons are just as bad.
The ability to nerf the lot of them from the game menu isn't a bad one.
But all in all I love my BMG spanner Protector, it's my favourite weapon by far. The most useful of them all.
I love the honeycomb. I think it's a cool graphic.