PDA

View Full Version : Defiance in 2015: From The Rock to the Rockies

Scapes
12-11-2014, 03:40 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2014/06/Defiance_blog_header_2_720x332.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2014/12/11/defiance-in-2015-from-the-rock-to-the-rockies)

Ark hunters,

This year has seen more than Season 2, wearing squashes on our heads, and arming ourselves with weirdly deadly turkeys. Defiance has also gone free-to-play on PS3, Xbox 360, and Windows PC. This brought a horde of new ark hunters to the bay area during a time of great change. There are more big changes coming to the bay, and only the most resilient ark hunters will be able to face them.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2014/12/11/defiance-in-2015-from-the-rock-to-the-rockies)

konstantinov
12-11-2014, 04:26 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/49/49e4ff68f04d4f9f4247f9c7e2b0c6d5baa89222914702c01b 6256fa821d8489.jpg

Piers
12-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Looks Awesome!!! (The Cyber-Rigs won't make us insane like the 99ers, will they?)

Nefarious
12-11-2014, 04:56 PM
So is Alcatraz going to be a player hub like area?

And what does it mean by this with Expeditions? "challenge hunters to risk their winnings to take their chances at harder and more rewarding content."

Dixie Cougar
12-11-2014, 04:56 PM
Looks Awesome!!! (The Cyber-Rigs won't make us insane like the 99ers, will they?)

Attention. Anyone who is not with metal must report for amputation and rebirth at once! The RNG. We must all be released of our humanity and meld flesh with metal. Only then can we farm without sleep... the RNG... without fatigue, and without fail. The RNG. We're not waiting for orange weapons. RNG is now. Nothing will keep us from our mission. The RNG. This clan must function like a machine. We must all be a piece of the machine. Become the machine. Become the RNG. The RNG. The RNG!

konstantinov
12-11-2014, 05:14 PM

And what does it mean by this with Expeditions? "challenge hunters to risk their winnings to take their chances at harder and more rewarding content."

Sounds like BO2 Zombies.

Graywolfe
12-11-2014, 06:19 PM

sounds to me like if you finish one phase and leave you can keep your rewards up to that point, if you move on to a harder phase and loose then you do not get any rewards. keep going until decide you have had enough or get killed.

All in all it sounds really fantastic and i can not wait to get started on all the new stuff :D.

Nefarious
12-11-2014, 06:54 PM
sounds to me like if you finish one phase and leave you can keep your rewards up to that point, if you move on to a harder phase and loose then you do not get any rewards. keep going until decide you have had enough or get killed.

All in all it sounds really fantastic and i can not wait to get started on all the new stuff :D.

I did not get any of that from reading it but it sounds good.

That would give a real good reason to use all those revive perks now.

Yakalfurd
12-11-2014, 07:08 PM
Yes Please!

Chocolatelover67
12-11-2014, 07:46 PM
It sounds pretty cool.

Markeen
12-11-2014, 08:02 PM
But. Wheeeen???? Assuming holiday event starts Wednesday before Christmas. Assuming the new content will follow immediately after holiday event.

JadedSinn
12-12-2014, 01:08 AM

the way i read it is we are gambleing out scores to better stuff now insted of just relying on the RNG we are going to have a chance to wager it all on something stronger nad better with a chance of loseing it all .

Sliverbaer
12-12-2014, 05:27 AM
So when does Nolan help Shandu? Before or after he's out of the pod? So that happens before or after the start of season 3 of the show?

EDIT: I must be crazy, thought it said Nolan. I see now it says Grant.

Chocolatelover67
12-12-2014, 06:25 AM
Yeah good point...

Aren't Nolan Irisa, and a whole bunch of others in pods?

Keeper Riff
12-12-2014, 09:34 AM
4: it sounds like we are going to beable to now gamble out scores for a higher chance at a better item comeing from something. so like we allready do mildly with the present RNG i see that this might be an emprovement but what is it relay going to detail ? my feelings on it are mixed. I doubt it will be an outright gamble. More like an instanced Siege with rewards depending on difficulty stage rather than on score with risk of losing everything you gained in it if you die.

I'm sceptical about new weapons too. They'll likely be another flashy spray-and-pray lag inducers devs seem to like, overpowered at the beginning and a subject to next nerf.

WOODY Killer of NIM
12-12-2014, 10:09 AM
This new update better not include disappearing bosses and enemy's. This issue is for and beyond fun when it strts happening.:mad:

Vega
12-12-2014, 11:39 AM
          

Nefarious
12-12-2014, 11:54 AM
So when does Nolan help Shandu? Before or after he's out of the pod? So that happens before or after the start of season 3 of the show?

Yeah good point...

Aren't Nolan Irisa, and a whole bunch of others in pods?

Noah Grant. Captain Grant the Army guy.

Not Joshua Nolan.:p

Alliiara
12-12-2014, 12:34 PM
Wow, awesome! :) I am so excited :)

Magus Zeal
12-12-2014, 03:51 PM

Hmm. Didn't read Nolan anywhere. It said Noah Grant for me.

acertassassin
12-12-2014, 04:10 PM
i am delighted by this

Nefarious
12-12-2014, 04:23 PM
Hmm. Didn't read Nolan anywhere. It said Noah Grant for me.

Well I can see how a quick once over of reading it could make fans of Defiance think that with the name of Noah seeming similar to Nolan, and the name Grant being the name of the Actor who plays Nolan. Nolan Noah Grant Bowler.

Chocolatelover67
12-12-2014, 08:50 PM
Noah Grant. Captain Grant the Army guy.

Not Joshua Nolan.:p

Ah sorry my mistake.

Sliverbaer
12-12-2014, 08:54 PM
Yeah, I swore it said Nolan. (Did they fix it or am I just crazy?)

EDIT: Although I was reading it on my phone at 7am, may not have been quite awake....and crazy too.

TheStigsCousin
12-13-2014, 12:25 PM
"Defiance in 2015: From The Rock to the Rockies"

So...reading the article it talks about the rock, which is Alcatraz. I didn't see any mention of anything to do with The Rockies, also known as The Rocky Mountains, which by the way, aren't in California. Am I the only one that caught this?

Dixie Cougar
12-13-2014, 12:41 PM

So...reading the article it talks about the rock, which is Alcatraz. I didn't see any mention of anything to do with The Rockies, also known as The Rocky Mountains, which by the way, aren't in California. Am I the only one that caught this?

Hmmmm the only thing I can think of (other than a straight up mistake) is that the "expeditions" might take us farther east.

Mudturtle Jones
12-13-2014, 03:52 PM

Maybe, after terraforming, they are.

Chocolatelover67
12-13-2014, 10:31 PM
So has Nolan and Irisa been kicked off the show now?

ratpie
12-14-2014, 03:52 PM
"Have you ever wanted to carry more bullets? Soon you can! (Bullets are great: they kill Volge."

YES!!!!!!

Thank You!!!!!

WhiteStrike
12-15-2014, 08:45 AM
You mention bullets helping killing the Volge that "fall from the sky".Does this mean that you'll update the game during/before the winter/summer(depends where you live) solstice event?

hardy83
12-15-2014, 07:06 PM
The Rock BETTER be a hub!
I mean it sounds like it, so don't let our hopes up.

I understand it may be on a separate server because of that, but PLEASE let it be a hub!

Also the Rockies are no where close to the bay, and I don't know how well the game will work splitting up the player base so far apart on different servers.
I mean I WANT to see more of the Defiance world, but maybe there's a way to let us REALLY zoom out of the map and have it on the same server?
Maybe you can get some megaserver tech going that can hold far more people per server than it does now, or will that blow the PS3/360 game up? lol
Stupid old tech that's hindering the game! :P

In terms of mountainous regions, I would've assumed that we would be going North of the Bay first, in that upper area where there's a mountain and a national park.

Chocolatelover67
12-15-2014, 08:46 PM

I understand it may be on a separate server because of that, but PLEASE let it be a hub!

Also the Rockies are no where close to the bay, and I don't know how well the game will work splitting up the player base so far apart on different servers.
I mean I WANT to see more of the Defiance world, but maybe there's a way to let us REALLY zoom out of the map and have it on the same server?
Maybe you can get some megaserver tech going that can hold far more people per server than it does now, or will that blow the PS3/360 game up? lol

In terms of mountainous regions, I would've assumed that we would be going North of the Bay first, in that upper area where there's a mountain and a national park.

Have you been to the part of the map just north of the crashed carrier? There's lush green and lakes and stuff. I don't know why that is all blocked off.

KILLSHOT707
12-15-2014, 08:48 PM

In terms of mountainous regions, I would've assumed that we would be going North of the Bay first, in that upper area where there's a mountain and a national park.To the north of here is not much for mountain ranges. There mostly to the east.

N1ghtShadow
12-16-2014, 02:09 PM
Indeed. Most mountain ranges ARE eastward. That said, after the terraforming of Earth, I can fully imagine that many mountain ranges have... hrm, how shall we say this... shifted. Having the world expanded is always an awesome thing. Hopefully we'll some day move so far eastward that we'll actually have a way to travel to Defiance/St. Louis.

Chocolatelover67
12-16-2014, 05:53 PM
Indeed. Most mountain ranges ARE eastward. That said, after the terraforming of Earth, I can fully imagine that many mountain ranges have... hrm, how shall we say this... shifted. Having the world expanded is always an awesome thing. Hopefully we'll some day move so far eastward that we'll actually have a way to travel to Defiance/St. Louis.

And if that ever happens, however unlikely can we jump off the Arch or ride vehicles down it hehe? No fall damage remember..

Atticus Batman
12-16-2014, 08:41 PM
{SNIP}In terms of mountainous regions, I would've assumed that we would be going North of the Bay first, in that upper area where there's a mountain and a national park.

Did I miss something? Looking at the map of the Defiance World I don't see mountains to the north, unless you mean the Northeast of Seattle Washington, or Boise Idaho.

http://www.defiance.com/en/series/world-of-2047/2047-map

BC001
12-17-2014, 06:30 AM
Did I miss something? Looking at the map of the Defiance World I don't see mountains to the north, unless you mean the Northeast of Seattle Washington, or Boise Idaho.

http://www.defiance.com/en/series/world-of-2047/2047-map

There are some high hills or small mountains just north of the play area, in fact Mt Tam in the game is called a mountain (Mt Tamalpais in RL). If you look at the darkened area it looks like the terrain is not exactly flat either.

PvPassasinz
12-17-2014, 12:10 PM
sooo yet again you've talked about upcoming content and plans for the game and yet STILL no work planned on PvP.. We need PvP specific items, gear, weapons.... the maps are amazing, some of the best in any game i've played but if you look at say TF2, how the dev's constantly work with the comunity to improve there game.. add new items and yes hats, and don't charge bugger all for it UNLESS you want to buy cosmetic items.. you could learn a great deal from that

hardy83
12-30-2014, 12:07 PM
PvP is this games weakest aspect.
In all honesty, there are far better third person shooter PvP oriented games out there.

This game would be far better if they scaled PvP back a little. Remove all instanced PvP and JUST have shadow wars. Expand on that.
CoD, Wareframe, Loadout are all far better with instanced PvP, but there are not many games that can uniquely say that they have open world MMO PvP.
Shadow Wars is great in that it is open world PvP, but people who don't want to participate don't have to, that and 60 player Shadow Wars is awesome.

Also improve Eschelon rep so their weapons are unique, as well as add some purchasable outfits and vehicles with the rep as well.

Wolfknyte
12-30-2014, 01:07 PM
I agree, don't worry about PvP in this game - that's not and shouldn't be the focus of this game IMO; get more game content, more options for outfits and vehicles (those huge 6 wheel trucks would be awesome!), get the servers to stop blanking out players during major arkfalls, more character customizations, more end game stuff to do, expand the playable world, etc. Hell, give us a marketplace and crafting. I'd love some gunsmithing, vehicle modifications/repairs, clothing/armor crafting etc options a lot more than more PvP I have no interest in.

nathanpbutler
12-30-2014, 08:07 PM
Oddly, this was the first game other than the High Moon Studios Transformers games where I actually bothered with PVP, and I found it a mix of fun and frustration. Especially this late in the game *and* with the leveling introduced with Arktech Revolution, I can see why a lot of the newer players (and even some old vets) began a heavy tide against PVP to the point where they purposely re-instituted a level cap for the specific purpose of allowing those who don't want to play PVP to be able to (eventually) max out a character's EGO. I don't find it at all surprising that PVP has been put on the back burner. That it has seemingly been dropped entirely from planning, though, is a bit surprising.

And after all those nerfs based on PVP whining that had a negative effect on the PVE gameplay too . . . (Insert irony.)

Razar2380
01-04-2015, 12:48 PM
I just hope that the new content will not be a DLC you need to buy. If so, I will not be able to play it. I would love to be able to play the new content with friends.

icedeamon83
01-11-2015, 06:37 AM
Hopefully it comes soon

Icedeamon83 ps3/na

Daemos Eros
01-19-2015, 01:59 PM
When is this coming? Like a stripper getting us all worked up but she just wants our money. PUT OUT ALREADY ....lol