PDA

View Full Version : XBox-US Connectivity Issue

PhantasieTrion
12-12-2014, 11:56 AM
Hi

As mentioned in this thread (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?178726-x-box-servers-still-down), we had connectivity issues on Xbox-US overnight. While some players could connect, many couldnt.

When Did This Happen?
This problem started on Friday Dec 12 at 2AM PT, and was resolved by Friday Dec 12 at 9:30AM PT.

Why Did This Happen?
We have many alerts setup when something goes wrong, and when those alerts go off our On-Call team is contacted regardless of the time. In this case, the alert didn't fire, and thus we didn't realize the problem for an unacceptable amount of time. Once we knew there was an issue, it was quickly resolved.

What Are We Doing To Prevent This?
In addition to adding an alert for this specific problem to catch it immediately, we are also assigning more team members to actively monitor our logs to see if anything looks incorrect.

What Are We Doing For Our Players?
As a makeup to our XBox-US players impacted by this, we will be doing a Bonus Weekend: 100% XP Bonus (beneficial for the new F2P players), and a 50% Reputation Bonus (beneficial for higher level players). As mentioned in this thread, this bonus will run from Friday, Dec 12 Noon (PT) through to Monday, Dec 12 Noon (PT).

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience.

--Phantasie

KILLSHOT707
12-13-2014, 08:05 PM
You may want to check the sever for Xbox. Today at times it has been unplayable. 30 to 40% of the time it takes three seconds to switch guns or get ammo, then everyone on that faze of the server even got kicked at one point. Before FTP it was way better. The past few days how ever I had to just give the game a rest. Total crits today 20. Total times I dashed and cleared my cache 10.

crystal030405
12-13-2014, 09:05 PM
You may want to check the sever for Xbox. Today at times it has been unplayable. 30 to 40% of the time it takes three seconds to switch guns or get ammo, then everyone on that faze of the server even got kicked at one point. Before FTP it was way better. The past few days how ever I had to just give the game a rest. Total crits today 20. Total times I dashed and cleared my cache 10.
yep cant even play without a 20 second lag makes you not want to play at all

Hyoden
12-14-2014, 12:51 AM
What's the point of double exp if you can't stay online for more then 5 minutes ?

TheStigsCousin
12-14-2014, 12:17 PM
There has been quite a lot of lag in response times. It's not a connection problem. It seems it's taking 3-5 seconds for the game to register things like --
picking up loot
switching weapons
spawning/entering/exiting vehicles
killing enemies
grenades detonating (sometimes they don't)
using ammo refill/armor repair boxes
any interactive devices (door switches, audio logs, auto turret generators, etc)
The enemies don't seem to be affected with this "lag", only the player. This has been happening constantly for the past 3 days.

J3R3MIAHS
12-17-2014, 05:47 PM
Critted out of every major solstice today so far 5/5.