PDA

View Full Version : Community Q&A: December 12

CM Kiwibird
12-12-2014, 05:29 PM
Hello ark hunters! You’ve asked, we’re answering. We’re back with yet another action packed Defiance Dev Q&A.

http://i.imgur.com/O0HAbJn.gif

What are the current priorities for the Defiance team?

In no particular order we are focused on:

- Server stability, lag, and clearing up crashes
- The Holiday Event
- UI Improvements
- Fixing the issues with enemy scaling (power rating)
- The next major update, slated for early Q1 2015.
Will we see weekend/week long events running in between the holiday events with regular synergy weapon/mod drops?

The Holiday event will run for two weeks. We have a bonus weekend planned shortly after that event ends (more details to follow).
In the future, will we see more events that drop a specific synergy type?

More than likely. We’re happy how they’ve played out with the recent holiday events.
We know we will have further crossover content in the game, but will we get more crossover content in the show as well?

Indeed! We’re working out all of the details now. We’ve got some game factions which may appear in the show, and we’re discussing some tie-ins to our new content as well.
Any update on private instances, bit gifting?

Private instances are in progress right now, and we are aiming to release them early in the new year. We are not currently working on bit gifting because other features are taking priority.
Great job with the vehicle fix, any plans to work on full friends list issues? Such as still receiving invites, friends being removed, sending a message to the inviter letting them know the list is full?

While digging into Clan list issues, we found a slew of failure points like you’ve described. We have a number of fixes going in to address Friend and Clan issues, and we’ll be rolling them out as each one is ready. (Many of them don’t even require a patch on the client side, so we’ll be able to deploy the fixes quickly once they are verified.)
When will the PS3 store overcharging issue be addressed? It is showing prices as if everyone has a Patron Pass (or something) which means that when a person buys something, you end up paying full price for something specifically shown in the store to be of a lower price. For instance, a 680 Bit outfit is listed as 612 Bits, yet still takes a full 680 Bits from the player.

There is a bug where a small number of players who had Patron Pass at one point, but no longer do, are shown the discounted price in the store (even though they shouldn’t be getting it). Customer Service will fix this issue if it happens to you. However this is not a global issue. It only happens rarely. You can see this post (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?177747-ps3-bit-store-overcharging&p=1646293&viewfull=1#post1646293) for more details.
Will we be allowed to trade arkforge in the future?

That’s not currently planned.
Will we have the option to queue for multiple co-op events in the future? Waiting for a single event is frustrating when you just want to play any!

I KNOW, RIGHT? We had to temporarily shelve our Quickmatch update which was intended for our next large update, but it’s still on the queue to be worked on. We, too, would like to see players be able to queue for multiple events and be guaranteed to hop in quickly. We do have one improvement which should streamline the process considerably: mass invite. You’ll be able to mass invite your friends, your clan mates, and/or everyone in your immediate area.
Any news on new races to play?

We shelved the Indogene for later use. We had hoped to unleash them along with Cyber-rigs since it is thematically appropriate, but we held off on it since we wanted them to have a more significant impact than just be a new skin. We have not decided on when we will be introducing a new race.
Will Blitzer's ever get the firebomb attack across all difficulty tiers?

Probably not. The Molotov attack can be VERY impractical in many Raider fights. When Blitzers have it, they take away a lot of what makes Rioters special. (Rioters are “cover flushers” much like Cleavers and Smelters.) We’re currently looking at making a special Raider with the Molotov ability, but it won’t appear in swarms like the Blitzers do.
Are there any new weapon types planned?

Not in the near term, but it’s a long term goal.
Any chance of seeing a return of self-revive rolls on guns?

Actually... yes. We’ve hinted at Expeditions in our recent letter, and Self-Revive bonuses will be HIGHLY desirable for those events. As such, they will be making a return in some form or another. (Weapons, Cyber-rigs, and Synergies are all being considered.)

Breezybealle
12-12-2014, 05:46 PM
Regarding Q3 - Looking forward to future events since the holiday events went over well. Personally, though, I hope they are based more on the Halloween Hulker event (specific named weapons + synergy) instead of the unlimited amount of weapons as in the New Frontier Harvest event. The Hulker event was much more fun and less confusing. As another forum member stated: Both were limited-time events, where HH had mods specifically targeted for the event’s limited stack of weapons, giving you a chance to “catch them all”. While NFH had unlimited random mods for unlimited random weapons, making it a wild goose chase.

Either way, can't wait to see what they come up with next!

stefb42
12-12-2014, 06:47 PM
When I read today about expeditions I thought my question about self revive rolls was even more relevant now than when I asked, glad to hear its something your considering, hopefully you can buff them up a bit from what they used to be though, I would like to see them on the purple roll, possibly even replacing 15% grenade damage on next grenade, I don't think many people like that roll anyway, and for me it's ruined many a good gun, well not ruined but you know what I mean

On a side note, since perks and bonuses started calling themselves out, I've noticed that most purple rolls are...well kind of rubbish, anything on full reload is subject to a cool down meaning it doesn't trigger much, on crit kill would also appear to have a cool down even though it doesn't say it does, it does not trigger on every critical kill, dmg on next grenade has always been meh,

The purple roll is the only one that doesn't trigger every time the requirements are met, all other rarity rolls trigger every time but not the purple, it's supposed to be epic so how about making it epic instead of meh, its possibly part of the reason not many people upgrade rarity from blue to purple, what's the point for a meh bonus anyway? In fact the small dmg boost you get from blue to purple (or any rarity to any rarity for that matter) is better than the bonus rolls themselves

DSW
12-12-2014, 07:10 PM
looks like my veeeery old pre-patch AR with 4% self-revive on kill will serve me once more.

Atticus Batman
12-12-2014, 10:41 PM
looks like my veeeery old pre-patch AR with 4% self-revive on kill will serve me once more.

I know. Good thing I kept my 2 Sawbones synergy weapons, since that synergy was removed with the paradise vendor revamp, so it is now impossible to get. Although it just fully reloads my gun when I revive another person, it is still useful.

Also some of the Rep vendor purples still have the revive bonuses if you look at the individual guns in those vendors. I noticed that in the Echelon vendor when I bought a crap stem just to use some rep before doing a daily. Of course when I do the last 2 echelon dailies I need for the rep pursuit and get my last 400 PVP kills for the PVP pursuit I doubt I will pay much attention to Echelon rep anymore, unless they put a weapon cache in that vendor like all the other rep vendors seem to have (with the exception of Thorne Liro)

DSW
12-13-2014, 07:11 AM
I know. Good thing I kept my 2 Sawbones synergy weapons, since that synergy was removed with the paradise vendor revamp, so it is now impossible to get. Although it just fully reloads my gun when I revive another person, it is still useful.

Also some of the Rep vendor purples still have the revive bonuses if you look at the individual guns in those vendors. I noticed that in the Echelon vendor when I bought a crap stem just to use some rep before doing a daily. Of course when I do the last 2 echelon dailies I need for the rep pursuit and get my last 400 PVP kills for the PVP pursuit I doubt I will pay much attention to Echelon rep anymore, unless they put a weapon cache in that vendor like all the other rep vendors seem to have (with the exception of Thorne Liro)

i have this roll (4% self-revive) as a mastery, dont think it's possible to get it on Echelon guns

Fallen_Aingeal
12-13-2014, 10:42 AM
Number 13 concerns me.

This roll was removed because nobody liked the roll and considered it a wasted roll. Granted, the grenade one makes less sense.

Why would you bring back a roll that was incessantly complained about? Why would you reverse your implementations, again?

Some more consideration might be taken on this plan. I would rather it be re-introduced with the cyber-rigs or some other fashion. Not on weapons and synergies. Just my opinion, of course.

konstantinov
12-13-2014, 05:08 PM
Number 13 concerns me.

This roll was removed because nobody liked the roll and considered it a wasted roll. Granted, the grenade one makes less sense.

Why would you bring back a roll that was incessantly complained about? Why would you reverse your implementations, again?

Some more consideration might be taken on this plan. I would rather it be re-introduced with the cyber-rigs or some other fashion. Not on weapons and synergies. Just my opinion, of course.

I miss the old grenadier too.

Grey Dawn
12-14-2014, 03:35 AM
In regards to #4, what about the rest of the question?

Is the crossover content in the show going to be actual, worthy, crossover content, or is it going to be more of what we got in Season 2, which is basically nothing worthwhile whatsoever, and just more "post-production errors"?

Atticus Batman
12-14-2014, 03:39 AM
In regards to #4, what about the rest of the question?

Is the crossover content in the show going to be actual, worthy, crossover content, or is it going to be more of what we got in Season 2, which is basically nothing worthwhile whatsoever, and just more "post-production errors"?

They can't answer that, because the show crap is up to SyFy, and therefore not their call, and even if they do know, they are forced to keep quiet because of an NDA.