PDA

View Full Version : "Active Clans"

KingNephilim
12-13-2014, 08:11 PM
So... I've been playing Defiance for a only a short while now & I keep hearing this term, but it always seems to be that it refers to large clans with people who are usually on simultaneously, but never actually interact. Everyone contributes to the clan rank in their own way, but... there's no real co-operation?
Then again, I realize I'm looking in from the outside here... perhaps these do exist? I've never really looked too much into it until now. I am currently rounding off my completed pursuits & have hit a bit of a wall at "social".

Dixie Cougar
12-13-2014, 08:16 PM
It depends how the leadership wants to run it. On PCNA our clan is not particularly large (6 people online this very moment, maybe a dozen on some nights) but we encourage people to run things together or just chatter. With the downgrading feature implemented, members who interact tend to find themselves in possession of various goodies like good purples and modded Hellfire weapons.

One of our newer members needed help with a conflict site and 5 of us showed up and steamrolled it with him. Pretty fun even though we didn't get any loot out of it.

konstantinov
12-13-2014, 08:16 PM
There are a few parts of pursuits that require full groups of clanmates. You need a fairly large clan to accomplish the 15+you at a major arkfall and the 15+you in a shadow war. On ps3 NA your options are either Infamous or Passport2hell purely based off clan size.

KingNephilim
12-13-2014, 11:10 PM
I can barely even get anyone to respond in my current clan... much less be able to give away free weapons. Usually I end up handing them over to strangers.

How large is large tho? I've seen a couple of both passport2hell & infamous members running around... but not ever any great number anywhere at one time. My current clan usually always has at least one person on & around 10 at max at one time. At the HH & FH majors... maybe two people would show up, despite having an alert & jump point... both thru me -_-

WanWhiteWolf
12-14-2014, 06:07 AM
It's a matter of personality of those in the clan.

My clan is big (around 700 people, average of 70-100 online on evening). However, when it comes to an event participation we are 20 on spot. There are days when we are 30-40 but that is rare.It's usually the same 15 people + 5 that decide to pop up.

The main reason is that not everyone is interested in whatever the clan plans to do. They prefer to do their thing (missions/daily/pvp ..etc). And you can't really blame someone for his preference. I've been playing games for over 20 years. If you put the exact same people in a different game, those who were team-working on one game, are the same on the next one.

crazyged
12-14-2014, 06:19 AM

My clan is big (around 700 people, average of 70-100 online on evening). However, when it comes to an event participation we are 20 on spot. There are days when we are 30-40 but that is rare.It's usually the same 15 people + 5 that decide to pop up.

The main reason is that not everyone is interested in whatever the clan plans to do. They prefer to do their thing (missions/daily/pvp ..etc). And you can't really blame someone for his preference. I've been playing games for over 20 years. If you put the exact same people in a different game, those who were team-working on one game, are the same on the next one.

I'd definitely say our clan is one of the more social.

Slightly nuts and maybe a bit psychotic, but very social, nonetheless! :D

Dixie Cougar
12-14-2014, 06:23 AM

Yep, there's a sizeable portion of our members (maybe 20% or so) who never say anything after joining the clan or do anything with us. Maybe they're there just for the bonus keys. I usually let 'em do their thing, sometimes they're pvp types and that's one of two areas we haven't maxed out (the other being challenges). Some of them are quite high on the internal leaderboard and played a big role in helping the clan break the 3k mark without speaking nary a word.

Occasionally I catch newer silent types shooting the last viscera or BMG spamming and they get one warning and then usually the boot, no great loss. I'm far more easygoing on people who actually interact as they usually listen.

nathanpbutler
12-14-2014, 05:26 PM
I'm with my third clan at this point. One lost some key people and then had some sort of behind the scenes b.s. going on, and a second included many high level individuals but not a lot of people on most of the time. Now I'm with Infamous, and the number who tend to be on at any given time is striking, as is how active the clan chat is. It really does seem to depend on the size of the clan and the "personality" of the clan.

Also, bear in mind that clans made of mostly veteran players might also not be particularly active because they've done everything there is to do. In my own case, I have one pursuit to finish, then I'll likely end up mostly disappearing until more pursuits are added to the game and all.