PDA

View Full Version : New saturnalia synergy

SUPREEM
12-17-2014, 12:25 PM
[1]: Increases nano-effect chance by 20% on a critical hit

[2]: Increases health by 5%

[3]: Increases damage by 5%

[4]: On a killing blow, 10% chance to restore health and shields for 5 seconds to surrounding allies (Cooldown: 30s)

Whats your thoughts?

hiban
12-17-2014, 12:38 PM

[4]: On a killing blow, 10% chance to restore health and shields for 5 seconds to surrounding allies (Cooldown: 30s)

Whats your thoughts?

Seems that fast firerate weapons will benefit most from this synergy. Tachmag pulsers, blasters, ARs...

TriGlav 2000
12-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Tachmag pulsers, blasters, ARs...
Between 12 weapons from Solstice akrfalls there aren't any Tachmag Pulsers, Blasters and (VBI) Assault Rifles with this synergy. But there is Pulser, Blast Rifle and Thunder.

Dixie Cougar
12-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Blast rifle?! Ewwwwwww.

satirized
12-17-2014, 02:29 PM
No needler or quickshot blaster?

I guess I will ignore it then.

And the synergy is less DPS then canonner so, who cares.....

Dixie Cougar
12-17-2014, 02:35 PM

The entire game is reducible to two guns and one synergy? I'm all for optimizing, but going that far is no fun at all.

satirized
12-17-2014, 02:41 PM
The entire game is reducible to two guns and one synergy? I'm all for optimizing, but going that far is no fun at all.

QM is useful for some other things. So more like 3 gun, 2 nano and 2 synergies for general DPS.

For crit, Wolfhound/Wildcat etc. With either canonner/Assassin and fire nano.

I dont see the need for more weapons except detonators in certain coops and other PVP weapons.

Its not unfun when I can simple sell or bargain with all the other items other people wants. Like all the jackpots I dont like and named weapons. All are for sale if I get it.

SUPREEM
12-17-2014, 03:46 PM

I think the synergy is lame compared to plate slicer and the purge. Honestly, im getting into the new arkfalls for the hats lol. Already got antlers.

satirized
12-17-2014, 03:50 PM
I think the synergy is lame compared to plate slicer and the purge. Honestly, im getting into the new arkfalls for the hats lol. Already got antlers.

Neither Plate Silcer nor the purge is useful really......

If you want to break armor that badly, use a bio weapon.

The purge is what? Crit? The only crit you need is on wolf/cat. Crit on SMGs are a waste of a roll.

Quebra Regra
12-17-2014, 03:52 PM
Blast rifle?! Ewwwwwww.

Yeah I saw the card for that and upchucked in my mouth a little... I thought they trashed the useless weapons?
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2014/12/11.png

Dixie Cougar
12-17-2014, 03:55 PM
It's not quite as bad as it looks, it fires 3 bullets per shot. But at least from my experiments with normal blast rifles the accuracy is dismal.

Claydough
12-17-2014, 03:58 PM
I'm abit disappointed to be honest.

The health and damage buffs are nice, but they certainly don't make the weapon.

And the health resto fires off so infrequently it can't really be relied on. It'll probley rarely saves you.

I would have liked
5% damage
10% damage
20% nano effect on crit
10% chance of health resto on kill

It need to be stronger that all other synergys

WOODY Killer of NIM
12-18-2014, 03:30 AM
The pump shot gun.....is a killer,,,, the smg I found was also a killer.....also killing these guys with the typhoon ar is working really well in the new strikes!!!

DSW
12-18-2014, 03:56 AM

The purge is what? Crit? The only crit you need is on wolf/cat. Crit on SMGs are a waste of a roll.

The Purge is all about it's 4th element, the 10% life steal.
you can stand in front of TL10 minigunner shooting at you and unload clip after clip in his ugly face and still have full health and shields!

squidgod2000
12-18-2014, 04:18 AM
It needs to be stronger than all other synergys

Why?

10char

Claydough
12-18-2014, 04:41 AM
Why?

10char

because its limited, when somethings limited editions, it generally better than what you can get at anytime. im not saying it should be op, but it should be abit more unique than everything else, just like the the purge syn, they nailed that.

SirServed
12-18-2014, 04:51 AM
For crit, Wolfhound/Wildcat etc. With either canonner/Assassin and fire nano.
Quick FYI: A properly modified Golden Ring appears to top a Jackpot Wildcat in a sim (Fire is still too far ahead to bother to compare). At the same time, there ARE situations in which you don't want to use a Fire crit weapon, this event being a prime example.

To address the OP question: The Saturnalia synergy itself is a step in the right direction, I like it. The synergy adds Health/Damage and has a chance to proc Firewall. The named weapons got a little manufacturer's love like Arkbreaker items. In addition, seeing what was done with the Epic rolls on The Twelve could open up a means to make the game really interesting if it were toyed with just a little more, but I'm sure they've already thought of that so I shall patiently wait to see what the future brings.

/2 Cents

squidgod2000
12-18-2014, 07:43 AM
because its limited, when somethings limited editions, it generally better than what you can get at anytime. im not saying it should be op, but it should be abit more unique than everything else, just like the the purge syn, they nailed that.

Ahh, the generic synergies. When you said "all other synergies" I thought you meant purge/slicer/etc as well.

It may be more situational than other event synergies, but just because it won't be your go-to gun doesn't mean it's weak.

Tex_Arcana
12-18-2014, 08:23 AM

Use a Bio weapon WITH Plate Slicer.
And The Purge's Lifesteal is great.

satirized
12-18-2014, 09:12 AM
The Purge is all about it's 4th element, the 10% life steal.
you can stand in front of TL10 minigunner shooting at you and unload clip after clip in his ugly face and still have full health and shields!

I can do that without syphon debuff. And you really dont need clip after clip to kill a minigunner.........

satirized
12-18-2014, 09:13 AM
Use a Bio weapon WITH Plate Slicer.
And The Purge's Lifesteal is great.

Use a bio canonner needler. Its probably better then a plate slicer bio weapon.

satirized
12-18-2014, 09:19 AM
Quick FYI: A properly modified Golden Ring appears to top a Jackpot Wildcat in a sim (Fire is still too far ahead to bother to compare). At the same time, there ARE situations in which you don't want to use a Fire crit weapon, this event being a prime example.

Would rad crit pistol be even considerable on anything but volge viscera? I mean, other enemies die too fast to high dps auto weapon to warrant the use of it.

Btw: Is that taken in consideration of the 50% chance for ehe... I believe 15% damage boost?

SirServed
12-18-2014, 01:15 PM
Would rad crit pistol be even considerable on anything but volge viscera? I mean, other enemies die too fast to high dps auto weapon to warrant the use of it.
3 crit shots to a TL10 Dark Matter unit = dead, I save the bullet spam for the Bulwark. I also Wildcat down Scrapper units that can be crit to death.

Btw: Is that taken in consideration of the 50% chance for ehe... I believe 15% damage boost?
Here you go:

The Wildcat's proc is not a huge factor in its DPS. Here is how you figure out how much dps the Wildcat's proc is worth:

Important information:
-Find the stats on your gun. I do not have a Wildcat, but a Wolfhound should be the same stats (minus the proc). Mine is 5301, 7.2 Fire Rate, 34 Magazine, 1.7 Reload, 6.8 crit (Fully orange modded. Ideal mods are crit barrel and expanded magazine). You can use whatever Wildcat stats you have and math it out the same way.
-Choose an arbitrary period of time. I will use 60 seconds.
-The proc lasts for 10 seconds.
-The buff gives 15% damage increase.
-The proc happens on full reloads only.
-Proc chance is 10% for white, 20% for green, 30% for blue, 40% for purple, 50% for orange.
-Upgrading rarity does NOT change the proc chance. It will always have what it was born with.

-Step 1: Divide the Magazine by the Fire Rate to get the time to empty the magazine.
34 / 7.2 = 4.72

-Step 2: Add the reload time. This is the time it takes to achieve a full reload.
4.72 + 1.7 = 6.42 seconds to achieve full reload.

-Step 3: Divide your arbitrary time period by the time to achieve full reload. The answer is how many full reloads you will get over the period of time.
60 / 6.42 = 9.35 full reload cycles.

-Step 4: Convert the proc rate to a decimal (50% = .5) and multiply by the number of cycles. The answer is how many times you could expect the proc to activate (Keep in mind that you will need a very large sample size for this to normalize. You could get very lucky and have it proc constantly, or not see it all over only 60 seconds if RNGesus hates you).
.5 x 9.35 = 4.675 times per minute.

-Step 5: Multiply the number of procs per minute by the 10 second duration. This is the amount of time per minute you can expect the proc to be active.
4.675 x 10 = 46.75

-Step 6: Take the percentage of active time over the sample time.
46.75 x 100 = 4675 / 60 = 77.91%.

-Step 7: The proc grants a 15% damage boost. If it was up 100% of the time, it would be a 15% dps increase. Multiply the active time (As a decimal) and 15% (Leave this as a whole number).
.7791 x 15 = 11.6865%.

-Step 8: Figure out how many times you will reload in a 10 second period by subtracting the Step 1 and Step 2 answers until you get to zero.
10 - 4.72 = 5.28 - 1.7 = 3.58 - 4.72. = -1.14. From this, you know you will reload one time in a 10 second period of proc active time.

-Step 9: Find the percentage of your reloading in the 10 second active time.
1.7 x 100 = 170 / 10 = 17%.

-Step 10: Subtract the Step 9 answer from 100 to get % of time spent shooting during proc active time.
100 - 17 = 83.

-Step 11: Multiple the DPS gain by 83% (As a decimal), because you have to waste time reloading.
11.6865 x .83 = 9.70.

There you go. 9.7% dps increase from the proc on an orange Wildcat. It is a very good proc, but it certainly does not account for anywhere near half of the damage that it does. If your Wildcat was born at a lower rarity and then upgraded, it is worth even less.

Important: Not having the GREEN crit roll is a 10% DPS loss on a Wildcat/Wolfhound. If you have a naturally born orange Wildcat that is single crit, you are better off switching to a double crit Wolfhound.
Masteries aside for obvious reasons, I simmed a Jackpot Wildcat at about 265.5k Burst and 197.4k Advanced Crit dps with a Golden Ring at 288.8k Burst and 221.8k Advanced Crit dps. You can credit the Jackpot with a 10% DPS gain and it will still fall behind in situations in which you need to reload (you have to reload to activate the proc so you can't apply it directly to Burst or Advanced crit immediately). Credit where credit is due, long live Saturnalia.

Dixie Cougar
12-18-2014, 02:02 PM
Nice, and that doesn't even quantify buffs 2 and 4. Wonder if it would be worth giving up #4 to slot a T5 mod in. 10% chance on kill is not exactly dependable, whereas Firewall triggers when you need it most.

Nefarious
12-18-2014, 02:39 PM

Whats your thoughts?

Its a overpowered synergy. Granted it is only limited to Rad weapons or Fire if you use a converter. But that 20% nano effect chance should of been 5% considering what the other 3 also do.

Rashere
12-18-2014, 02:53 PM
Its a overpowered synergy. Granted it is only limited to Rad weapons or Fire if you use a converter. But that 20% nano effect chance should of been 5% considering what the other 3 also do.

These are multiplicative increases, not additive. For example, a 15% chance becomes 18%, not 35%.

5% wouldn't even be noticeable.

Rashere

Dixie Cougar
12-18-2014, 04:04 PM
Hmm so Purge #3 was only a slight boost leading into the much more noticeable #4.

Nefarious
12-18-2014, 04:39 PM
These are multiplicative increases, not additive. For example, a 15% chance becomes 18%, not 35%.

5% wouldn't even be noticeable.

Rashere

Ok I see, so its literally 20% and not +20. I was sitting here thinking on where all this leaves the Nano Mastery synergy with its +5%.

So Nano Mastery's +5% would make something like Insult To Injury (perk) which is a +6% a over all 11% chance. While Saturnalia's 20% would make Insult To Injury's +6% a 7% chance.