PDA

View Full Version : Solstice Strike=crap.

Suddenfive
12-18-2014, 06:39 PM
Im not a veteran player nor am i a F2P but a still fairly new so i dont know how well my input will be taken but imma just point out the obvious....THIS EVENT IS CRAP. Not only can i not see most of the other player(which makes it hard to heal) but cant see some enemies and not to mention the huge ammount of lag....now i understand your Dev team are trying to give players what they think we want but at the sametime giveing us more than your obviously crap servers can handle and expect us to deal with it is worse than not giveing us anything...i think id rather play an arkfall with less lag and less content than so much going on that u can even complete the even half the time because the server lags so bad the even is over with time still left and like 2 enemies left...sorry if im makeing no sense but u get the general idea im sure....o and the snow....im pretty sure that no where in the history of history has it snowed for a split second then stopd then snowed then stopd...which i think is half the lag issue atm but meh who am i but a lowly complaining newb...thats just my two cents :)

Dixie Cougar
12-18-2014, 07:03 PM
Not only can i not see most of the other player(which makes it hard to heal)

1. Vendor that useless BMG.
2. ???
3. Profit.

Stigg
12-18-2014, 07:06 PM
I kinda have to agree. This event is seriously hard. I barely scratch any of the enemies, and when it seems like we're winning, they just quickly respawn and destroy everyone. Today there were about 30-50 people outside of the solstice strike area trying to hold the enemies back.

They're a ***** to kill. Their health or damage should be toned down a little bit, even with 70+ people it's hard to do. I only completed one today because we got the special Christmas weapons to drop, making the enemies die quite quickly.

Chump Norris
12-18-2014, 07:36 PM

I had to laugh.

This is how most of the people who get healed feel.

Sandwich Repairman
12-18-2014, 07:43 PM
I can't say I've seen many issues with this event, myself. The only real one is the weird player phasing, but that also happened at HH and a couple times at NFH. It's not really much of an inconvenience. (And, as Dixie said, you're better off not using the BMG. You'll get a better score using an SMG or at the very least using the BMG to attack. And besides that, 99% of players don't want to be healed. Most of us at these events are >2000EGO at the very least and don't need healing, and it just lags and blinds us when you use those crazy blue beams.)

Major Crapshot
12-18-2014, 07:51 PM
I had to laugh.

To be fair, the OP could be talking about the kneel-and-heal and not about a BMG. Not everyone........ bwhahahahahahahaha..... Oh, I tried so hard to say that with a straight face....... oh, it hurts... laughing so hard..... oh, oh, oh....

Because you're probably correct. :mad:

:D

Claydough
12-18-2014, 07:57 PM
With about 20 events done, every one of them have been completed with 10 minutes to spare.

I think they're still to easy.

Only One of those I disconnected and lagged out.

Graywolfe
12-18-2014, 07:59 PM
I had to laugh.

Yup sure is and now this makes really like the snow if it keeps people from using the BMGs so i say.................MORE SNOW, SNOW EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME LOL :D

Hopeisdead
12-18-2014, 08:21 PM
no
/10char

volger
12-18-2014, 11:15 PM
I laughed. Thanks for the snow Trion. Please put more in the map.

crazyged
12-18-2014, 11:18 PM
I kinda have to agree. This event is seriously hard. I barely scratch any of the enemies, and when it seems like we're winning, they just quickly respawn and destroy everyone. Today there were about 30-50 people outside of the solstice strike area trying to hold the enemies back.

They're a ***** to kill. Their health or damage should be toned down a little bit, even with 70+ people it's hard to do. I only completed one today because we got the special Christmas weapons to drop, making the enemies die quite quickly.

This event is too hard...?

Man, I think it's too easy!

With 70+ people there, it should be a yawn to do...

Maybe try not use the default pistol and use a slightly more effective loadout...?

DEATHBRINGER210
12-18-2014, 11:21 PM
biggest lag party

Wilhelm Keitel
12-18-2014, 11:31 PM
Join date Dec 1 2014........................ Check
Post count 1................................... Check
Uses BMG thinking healing helps....... Check
Obvious Noob Troll.......................... Check

And you wonder if your post will be taken seriously?

Tura Satana
12-19-2014, 07:15 AM
This event is too hard...?

Man, I think it's too easy!

With 70+ people there, it should be a yawn to do...

Maybe try not use the default pistol and use a slightly more effective loadout...?

You're a 5900 ego. You don't have to be scaled up. The final major is easy, but the smaller ones are hell at Wave 5 without a decent amount of people. The threat level gets to 10 with only 3 or 4 people, half of which don't seem to know what they are doing and you're left with 4 angry Ark Viscera chasing you and constantly knocking you down with their boomerang and zooming back and forth over your face. I keep having to get on zone and call for help which I NEVER do or have had to do. Everything in this game I do I prefer to do with as few people as possible. Not this! Come all ye faithful!

Also.. having to run to the lone ammo crate constantly does not help. Viscera take a lot of damn bullets and without as many enemies to kill, there aren't nearly enough ammo drops as there usually are. I'm constantly going empty. Even when it ends, there doesn't seem to be enough ammo to to pick up or grenade refills.

That said, I love everything else about this event, which I have posted about in another thread. Just the damn hellish Wave 5 of minor arkfalls that rarely seem to have enough people.. probably cuz 70% of the people in game are chasing reindeer instead of arks.

Alastar
12-19-2014, 08:40 AM
Definitely need to +1 the vendor the useless BMG comment. Also have to agree about the stability but anyone who's been playing defiance for a decent amount of time isn't sewing anything new there either. As for the volge being difficult to kill well I'm going to have to disagree. Yes I am a 5701 but regardless if you know how to engage them they're a lot easier than folks these days make them out to be. I'm gonna skip troopers and bombers because hey can be put down relatively easy with just about anything (EXCEPT A BMG DOWN WITH "MEDICS"). Viscera are fairly simple if not spongey. Strip their shields with electric, punch through their armor with bio or rad and then hit em with fire and watch em drop.

brokenshield
12-19-2014, 08:58 AM
Definitely need to +1 the vendor the useless BMG comment. Also have to agree about the stability but anyone who's been playing defiance for a decent amount of time isn't sewing anything new there either. As for the volge being difficult to kill well I'm going to have to disagree. Yes I am a 5701 but regardless if you know how to engage them they're a lot easier than folks these days make them out to be. I'm gonna skip troopers and bombers because hey can be put down relatively easy with just about anything (EXCEPT A BMG DOWN WITH "MEDICS"). Viscera are fairly simple if not spongey. Strip their shields with electric, punch through their armor with bio or rad and then hit em with fire and watch em drop.

I agree. Still seeing way too many BMG and CF's at these things. Had one this morning just myself and one other. Before to long I was having to run away from them, trying to fight at the same time due to the extra blue beams and boy in a bubble affect. No time during these things to text. Getting swarmed at 5370 is still a challenge for me.

Also seems very few understand which nano does what. I roll up on a lone Volge that has 7, yes 7 ablative shields up and no one is using rad. Towards the end with one or two threats left standing I have actually stood back and watched as people pump mag after mag, green balls, blue beams and even cold fire at these thing to little effect. After a bit I will strip the ablative and before I can switch weapons they are finally able to damage it and take it down. Yet no one seems to make the connection.

Maddock
12-19-2014, 09:26 AM
i just avoid this Event like its a nasty plague...... and do quests etc etc instead

Xn xN7x
12-19-2014, 09:34 AM
This event is crap, for one way to many Viceras spawn which makes it way overly overpowered. Second because of this everyone dies in 1 hit. Third the lag is horrible. Fourth way to many enemies spawn at once makes it way to hard even with a crew of 50 trying to fight back. I watched 30 players yesterday all get incapped and died in less then 1 minute because of how overpowered the enemies damage is. This update is the worst ive seen yet and it sucks.

crazyged
12-19-2014, 09:35 AM
You're a 5900 ego.

Actually, you don't need to be max ego to do well in these events, it's just smart playing.

My NA toon is below 1000 and I regularly win, or at least place in the top 5 in events. Heck, even expert co-ops are a breeze.

Granted, I have a lot of experience in what to do/optimum load-out, etc, but yeah, there you have it.

It's tough being so awesome!

And modest!

(And a lot of people would add full of sh#t)

Sgt Frankenstein
12-19-2014, 09:37 AM
It's not just the event that is hard. Trion up'd the damage health and shield on all major enemy groups. Enjoy!

r1p
12-19-2014, 10:52 AM
It's not just the event that is hard. Trion up'd the damage health and shield on all major enemy groups. Enjoy!

To be fair and to clarify your statement, a few weeks ago the devs released a patch that basically nerfed certain enemies to compensate for a bug that they were trying to fix. I don't know if it was applied to all enemies but I'm pretty sure that it affected the WarMaster and the Volge. The latest patch fixed that bug so they re-instated the health and shields for the enemies to the level that they are supposed to be.

Niner82
12-19-2014, 11:01 AM
My friends and I have been disconnected several times during the X-mas Arkfalls, and several times I have seen the Visceras dissappear and re-appear and knock me and other players down for the count. It gets very annoying because you get owned trying to kill one Viscera, and get owned by 2 or 3 others in the process.

Vega
12-19-2014, 11:12 AM
          

Riz
12-19-2014, 12:08 PM
I like and i dislike this event, it's double, but leaning more towards the positive side here...

To start of negative:
- Snow looks cool, but it doesnt help keeping the PS3-server stable. Yes, i crit a lot and sadly mostly during the endstage.
- Enemies keep phasing in and out which makes it hard to fight them (pls note that i dont mind the difficulty of them itself).

In the middle:
- Other players keep disappearing which is not handy when it comes to picking your next target or reviving/need reviving. On the other hand, i'm perfectly fine and comfortable without those annoying BMG-spammers.

The positive:
- Snow looks great! I dunno about other countries, but in the Netherlands snow IS blinding when light falls upon it in a 'wrong' way. Snow is frozen water, it reflects you know? Ever tried to drive in snowy landscapes with big lights on? And fog? When it snows, it's clouded (else it wouldnt snow), when it's clouded the world looks foggy (in the Netherlands). In other words... Good job Trion, quite realistic!
- Volge are an excellent choice for an Arkfall or any TL10 event for that matter! They're my favorite enemy, and that is because they're b1atches to kill! You need bio, shock, rad -> teamwork. Lots of movement, standing still is a guaranteed down, strategy people! They're tough, challenging and exciting! Gimme more Viscera's, they rule!
- BMG's vs. Volge? Suicide! That alone is worth a compliment! I love seeing a BMG-user go down, shoot the Volge that killed him with a serious weapon, revive him halfway and then release the square-button before he gets up. Just to let them feel how it is to be healed halfbaked and without a purpose. Besides, it snows! That's nice and soft, very comfortable to lay on. If you use a BMG because you're too lazy to aim, you might as well be lazy on the ground no?
- Not too sure about the new synergy yet, but i do like the new Radiation-weapons. Got me an Epic Rad Wolfhound yesterday, upgraded it to OJ and it made my whole week! There arent many weapons im interested in i dont already own. So i'll be looking forward testing this one out. I know they're reskins and stuff, but i dont mind a cool and usefull reskin at all.

Please fix the enemies phasing in and out, and some less critting out during these events and we have a winner!

mortaug
12-19-2014, 01:42 PM
I agree. Still seeing way too many BMG and CF's at these things. Had one this morning just myself and one other. Before to long I was having to run away from them, trying to fight at the same time due to the extra blue beams and boy in a bubble affect. No time during these things to text. Getting swarmed at 5370 is still a challenge for me.

Also seems very few understand which nano does what. I roll up on a lone Volge that has 7, yes 7 ablative shields up and no one is using rad. Towards the end with one or two threats left standing I have actually stood back and watched as people pump mag after mag, green balls, blue beams and even cold fire at these thing to little effect. After a bit I will strip the ablative and before I can switch weapons they are finally able to damage it and take it down. Yet no one seems to make the connection.

You are making the same mistake. Bio does 125% damage to armor ALL others do less than25% most only 10%.

brokenshield
12-19-2014, 02:37 PM
You are making the same mistake. Bio does 125% damage to armor ALL others do less than25% most only 10%.

Not the ablative as I recall. Have to remove those to get the full benefit. Each shield symbol IIRC, reduces damage by 10%. Not sure that bio is bypassing that %. I could be wrong. I often am.

Mudturtle Jones
12-19-2014, 03:21 PM
I have found the minor Solstice Strikes to be fairly easy. I'm at 5300 ego and have been doing them solo for the most part, using the Saturnalia synergy weapons, all green. One thing I've noticed is that the Viscera are easily distracted and have long leashes. If you can kite them over to other enemies, they will start fighting them. Then you can pick them off one by one.
On one I was doing, I finished all the Volge off and the Arkfall didn't disappear. I had seen one other player run by so I figured maybe the last Volge had chased him. Sure enough, I came around a hill and there was the player on the ground and the Viscera had taken to fighting some nearby Hellbugs. I don't remember if I took out the Volge first or revived the Arkhunter.
Anyway, the Saturnalia weapons seem to be pretty effective against Volge, particularly the Ground Pounder.
In the dispute between Saturnalia and Bio against armor, remember that Saturnalia has a 20% better chance to proc.

Jaessica
12-19-2014, 03:48 PM
I'm not lagging at all. I don't really even mind the other players phasing out... unless I die. No chance of getting revived lol.

Hyoden
12-19-2014, 04:54 PM
I'm new been playing about 3 weeks and I'm at 2,700 and this event is hard too hard to be exact. I play with a very active clan and quit a few of the lower ego people would agree it's just plain unbearable at times every since the raise in high tier event he and shields the viscera sponge like no other even with focused team fire and use of proper Nanos the only players who are able to complete or compete are ego 4500 and up and based on forum responses you can tell it's true.
Also I'm experiencing more lagging or even my Xbox freezing all together it's not fun and because of this I'm taking a break from the game. Let's be honest Trion needs to make the game more new user friendly because that's where the majority of there money is coming from nowadays. And having events were it impossible to prosper Unless your pretty much rocking endgame equips isn't helping .

celespsycho
12-19-2014, 05:13 PM
1. Vendor that useless BMG.
2. ???
3. Profit.

Lol... Free player and a freaking BMG troll.

celespsycho
12-19-2014, 05:15 PM
Yea the lag sucks and the servers too.
LOL ... this company.

Tahki
12-19-2014, 05:17 PM
I'm new been playing about 3 weeks and I'm at 2,700 and this event is hard too hard to be exact. I play with a very active clan and quit a few of the lower ego people would agree it's just plain unbearable at times every since the raise in high tier event he and shields the viscera sponge like no other even with focused team fire and use of proper Nanos the only players who are able to complete or compete are ego 4500 and up and based on forum responses you can tell it's true.
Also I'm experiencing more lagging or even my Xbox freezing all together it's not fun and because of this I'm taking a break from the game. Let's be honest Trion needs to make the game more new user friendly because that's where the majority of there money is coming from nowadays. And having events were it impossible to prosper Unless your pretty much rocking endgame equips isn't helping .

I started at just about the same time as you, just reached 3000 ego today and honestly this event is way too easy. All of the minor arkfalls I can solo no problem just using a rad smg so I don't know why you're having such a hard time. I do have to agree with that lag though, but that's common for this game and not really a reason to give up on it IMHO.

celespsycho
12-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Well I am not a "free" player, I purchased my game and several stuff... and I got kicked of the server when they are full to help free players like you... LMAO... no customer loyalty and help for players which do not leave even a coin in the company. A great marketing maneuver by Trion.

Quebra Regra
12-20-2014, 01:02 AM

I have a hard time of it from time to time, and I have a hella arsenal and lodout.... That's gotta hurt for anyone who is recent to the game.

I tried the candy cane, DDS! Went right back to my Grind Fragger FTW!

Smilingdeath
12-20-2014, 02:11 AM
I have a hard time of it from time to time, and I have a hella arsenal and lodout.... That's gotta hurt for anyone who is recent to the game.

I tried the candy cane, DDS! Went right back to my Grind Fragger FTW!

I've found that rad Vot pistol and rad auto fragger shotgun work wonders on them. Both replenish ammo on a crit kill so no ammo worries for me.

Used the candy cane once tonight, hit the mob for close to 80k from behind and charged the attack first.

At time they can be very difficult, others we have walked thru the mobs. I think they might be scaling with the number of players, so if to many show up it increases the difficulty a lot.

Quebra Regra
12-20-2014, 02:16 AM
I've found that rad Vot pistol and rad auto fragger shotgun work wonders on them. Both replenish ammo on a crit kill so no ammo worries for me.

Used the candy cane once tonight, hit the mob for close to 80k from behind and charged the attack first.

At time they can be very difficult, others we have walked thru the mobs. I think they might be scaling with the number of players, so if to many show up it increases the difficulty a lot.

Hmm, I though I tried my RAD loadout and it was worse (armor and sheild)? Methinks there's something funny going on with the scaling tho. Sometimes I can drop a bomber with a single BIO graindfragger burst, and other times.... well not so much. Then these the Viscera.

Anyone saying this is easy, isn't playing the same game I or my clan members have been.

JadedSinn
12-20-2014, 02:53 AM
think the people saying its hard are on consoles. pc its not so hard. nice large abundince of swarms of players. 5-30 per small 30-50 per final , only issue we been haveing is random viscara desideing its best to hide in a rock insted of attacking us .

so yes o.o easy is the word of the day. for all pc players. and if your a pc player and geting downed at thes things

a little minor semi pro tip. if your under ego 3k and die alot. try hideing on the edge of the battle nad just attacking from there. your going to get the same loot as every one else regardless where u place on the score board. after all

all loot in this game is RNG.ed, so ur loot will mostlikely be the same as someone elses.

crazyged
12-20-2014, 02:58 AM
if your under ego 3k and die alot. try hideing on the edge of the battle nad just attacking from there. your going to get the same loot as every one else regardless where u place on the score board. after all.

I was on NA this morning (as you know :D) to try out my low ego toon and I breezed through the majors I did. Placed 9th in the first one and that's at 900 ego and some change. I think I dropped no more than twice.

Play smart, people!

Smilingdeath
12-20-2014, 03:07 AM
Definately play smart. Been running the event, some of the story, and almost every incursion I see that pops up.

The bombers are what kill me the most when I'm using the shot gun. If there are a lot of troopers that keep spawning try an invader, DoT em up and watch the bugs swarm a lot of them.

And Ya the RNG gods are weird tonight, took a break and came back in time for the end of one of the major arcs falls. Got there in time to shoot the last mob a bunch. Walked out with a purple mod. Go figure. Had gotten junk stuff as rewards, and better gear from loot drops most of the night.

Now the servers is down for its nightly nap, so I'm off to bed.

Quebra Regra
12-20-2014, 03:08 AM
I was on NA this morning (as you know :D) to try out my low ego toon and I breezed through the majors I did. Placed 9th in the first one and that's at 900 ego and some change. I think I dropped no more than twice.

Play smart, people!

****! Seriously.... must be a PC thang? XBOX NA I'm placing between 1 and 4 at most, and rarely going down, but near soloing that !#^$! isn't exactly what I would call fun.

If you breezed thru with a low ego toon, then yer scaling is totally different or yer not experiencing lag and phasing participation.

Quebra Regra
12-20-2014, 03:11 AM
Definately play smart. Been running the event, some of the story, and almost every incursion I see that pops up.

The bombers are what kill me the most when I'm using the shot gun. If there are a lot of troopers that keep spawning try an invader, DoT em up and watch the bugs swarm a lot of them.

And Ya the RNG gods are weird tonight, took a break and came back in time for the end of one of the major arcs falls. Got there in time to shoot the last mob a bunch. Walked out with a purple mod. Go figure. Had gotten junk stuff as rewards, and better gear from loot drops most of the night.

Now the servers is down for its nightly nap, so I'm off to bed.

You must be on a PC to? I tried 2 different legendary monster infectors, almost no effect... oh yeah numbers roll off, but these guys are bullet sponges BEYOND anything in this game before (and that's without armor).

You guys must have a lot more people present and in phase to be talking that trash. We are talking THREAT 10,000 here right? ;)

KingNephilim
12-20-2014, 03:25 AM
I wouldn't at all call this event 'easy', but I definately wouldn't call them hard either. I think it's manageable & co-operation from alot of players is required, but then that's how the game is supposed to be, in my opinion. However, I will say I have yet to fail even one major... or minor (& i've solo'ed at least a few of those).

As for the snow... the rendering is a bit hard on my measly PS3, but I cannot be more grateful that I can no longer be blinded by BMG users & CF spam. Everything disappears except my toon, the snowy landscape & the volge... #heaven

P.S. For anyone I carelessly pass by writhing on the ground during these arkfalls, I apologize... it's not that I don't want to revive you, I just can't see you.

Quebra Regra
12-20-2014, 03:28 AM
I wouldn't at all call this event 'easy', but I definately wouldn't call them hard either. I think it's manageable & co-operation from alot of players is required, but then that's how the game is supposed to be, in my opinion. However, I will say I have yet to fail even one major... or minor (& i've solo'ed at least a few of those).

As for the snow... the rendering is a bit hard on my measly PS3, but I cannot be more grateful that I can no longer be blinded by BMG users & CF spam. Everything disappears except my toon, the snowy landscape & the volge... #heaven

P.S. For anyone I carelessly pass by writhing on the ground during these arkfalls, I apologize... it's not that I don't want to revive you, I just can't see you.

Yup, cooperation is REQUIRED... if nothing else focusing fire on the same target at least. Every tried to get a pack o' randoms on the same sheet of music? Admittedly when either no one is there, or you can't see them, it's a little more challenging ;) If I am solo, then why is it still TL 10? I must just be that bad azz? :P

I'm pretty sure my high scores come from picking people up... The reality is I'm not that great. :)

Atticus Batman
12-20-2014, 03:46 AM
Not the ablative as I recall. Have to remove those to get the full benefit. Each shield symbol IIRC, reduces damage by 10%. Not sure that bio is bypassing that %. I could be wrong. I often am.

Bio does damage directly to the ablative armor so Bio is the one to use, if you want to strip the armor. So yes bio does do 125% damage to ablative armor.

Everything else does 10% damage to armor. 100% if the enemy is corroded. So Bio is STILL the best armor breaker.

http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=15

crazyged
12-20-2014, 04:26 AM
If you breezed thru with a low ego toon, then yer scaling is totally different or yer not experiencing lag and phasing participation.

Nope, lag just like everybody else, but I made sure I had decent gear early on to help keep me alive. :D

JadedSinn
12-20-2014, 05:06 AM
****! Seriously.... must be a PC thang? XBOX NA I'm placing between 1 and 4 at most, and rarely going down, but near soloing that !#^$! isn't exactly what I would call fun.

cant vouch for every one on PC but i know im not geting the lag i was geting in the other events that we have had. its not as bad as EL, HH, or FH i can see the enamys i can attack the enamys, BUT , I cant see my teamates, sadly.

this events not hard at any ego level if you know what your doing. even with simple green or up weapons u can do thes events. most low ego players dont know about the hidden venders. or that you need to keep weapons at ego level with you as you progress.

the newer players that are just joining into this game are jumping into thes things befor thy know whats what. and there geting stomped on and loseing alot. or dieing alot. it cant be helped. after all theres barly any instructions or tatorial to this game so.

BUT . i also think PC users are haveing an easyer time then the console players are becuse we dont have the crashes you guys do. and when we do. becuse theres no restrictions on when an update can be released for us. or content can be added for us (( what took F2P so long to hit Xbox was the stipulations and need for aprovel for its release as well as needing to get xbox more stable for it amung other things )) its able to be fixed faster.

also we can change out screen resalusions and such and ajust out settings as much as we can to lower them to a state that will alow us to not feel the pain of lag.

im not braging , im just going off what iv seen and known from every one that is talking about there issues.

to be truthfull. if it wasent for the hardware restrictions on consoles and the haveing to wait to make patches and such on the consoles. i personaly think thy would of been alot more stable by now.

i dont know. im rambeling now. so ill shut up on this post.

brokenshield
12-20-2014, 06:35 AM
cant vouch for every one on PC but i know im not geting the lag i was geting in the other events that we have had. its not as bad as EL, HH, or FH i can see the enamys i can attack the enamys, BUT , I cant see my teamates, sadly.

this events not hard at any ego level if you know what your doing. even with simple green or up weapons u can do thes events. most low ego players dont know about the hidden venders. or that you need to keep weapons at ego level with you as you progress.

the newer players that are just joining into this game are jumping into thes things befor thy know whats what. and there geting stomped on and loseing alot. or dieing alot. it cant be helped. after all theres barly any instructions or tatorial to this game so.

BUT . i also think PC users are haveing an easyer time then the console players are becuse we dont have the crashes you guys do. and when we do. becuse theres no restrictions on when an update can be released for us. or content can be added for us (( what took F2P so long to hit Xbox was the stipulations and need for aprovel for its release as well as needing to get xbox more stable for it amung other things )) its able to be fixed faster.

also we can change out screen resalusions and such and ajust out settings as much as we can to lower them to a state that will alow us to not feel the pain of lag.

im not braging , im just going off what iv seen and known from every one that is talking about there issues.

to be truthfull. if it wasent for the hardware restrictions on consoles and the haveing to wait to make patches and such on the consoles. i personaly think thy would of been alot more stable by now.

i dont know. im rambeling now. so ill shut up on this post.

Everything you've said is spot on. XBoxer for many years. There are extreme limits to the system. I understand this and accept it as I am in no real rush to fork over my hard earned cash to go Bone. I also understand and can appreciate what dev's have to contend with when dealing with MS's Draconian approval system.

Maybe it's why I'm more forgiving of Defiance and the dev's than others. I've played a lot worse with NO real support or effort from Co.

Tura Satana
12-20-2014, 06:49 AM
Soloing the minors is not the problem. I wish I could be ALLOWED to solo them. But 3 people show up and raise the threat level to ten before hitting wave 4 and then you've got swarms of ark viscera for the last two rounds, for 4 people who aren't in cohesion.

Then you're basically asked to solo four ARK Viscera that are now chasing you down, with little to no cover, and dwindling ammo supply. Then what? "Play smart?" Rubbish. I play smart. Tactics are one thing I am good at. But its impossible when 4 of them are dashing all over your face and slinging their boomerangs at you. The only thing you can do is try to hang on till more people show up to level the playing field. Cuz who knows where the other 3 people who showed up are.

Thank you to those of you trying to actually be helpful about the best weapons/tactics etc. Rather than just continuously boasting about how easy it is for you. But even with that, in the situation described above, which happens a lot, especially in the mornings on console when there aren't many people,, I don't see it making a lot of difference. You just gotta call and pray for help and/or run for the hills.

Quebra Regra
12-20-2014, 07:17 AM
Soloing the minors is not the problem. I wish I could be ALLOWED to solo them. But 3 people show up and raise the threat level to ten before hitting wave 4 and then you've got swarms of ark viscera for the last two rounds, for 4 people who aren't in cohesion.

Then you're basically asked to solo four ARK Viscera that are now chasing you down, with little to no cover, and dwindling ammo supply. Then what? "Play smart?" Rubbish. I play smart. Tactics are one thing I am good at. But its impossible when 4 of them are dashing all over your face and slinging their boomerangs at you. The only thing you can do is try to hang on till more people show up to level the playing field. Cuz who knows where the other 3 people who showed up are.

Thank you to those of you trying to actually be helpful about the best weapons/tactics etc. Rather than just continuously boasting about how easy it is for you. But even with that, in the situation described above, which happens a lot, especially in the mornings on console when there aren't many people,, I don't see it making a lot of difference. You just gotta call and pray for help and/or run for the hills.

No, no, you just need to stop playing dumb you big whiney baby!!!!! ;)

Sorry, I had to.... In reality your post and point couldn't be more concise about the problem. 100% QFT! Thanks for taking the time to accurately describe the expereince.

Tura Satana
12-20-2014, 07:22 AM
Ah.. *eyes narrow* I was about to slap you. ; )

JadedSinn
12-20-2014, 04:35 PM

minor hidden PTS hint.

we did this on PTS inorder to beat the majors when there where to many people it involves the strongest hardest hiting snipers in the game and to find what i labled as the sweet spot.

so lets start with ther sweet spot. its the harder of the 2 to get.

the sweet spot is a small ring just outside or inside the ring of the miners and majors for the arkfall. its the spot where threat level dose not appear but the score for the arkfall does. once u find it you can sit in this spot and pick off enamys inside the arkfall and still gain points and scores and kills for them.

this works best in teams of 4 . if you can get them to work together that is. 3 on the outside circle out of the threat range so there not hicking it up and 1 inside the circle to set the threat range ad a steddy 2-3

spread it around Xbox and PS3 get this info out there and you should have reliable wins every time and also easyer enamys. i dont think the threat level thing was ever realy fixed. so give it a tree nad see how it works.

now the weapon.

i whent with a rad split shot. but any charge gun that has high damage on it should work just fine. when thy got close range or came at me i used a rad AR or SMG so. go with your heavyest volge hiting weapons. and you should be fine at close range.

thats all i can realy say on the subject but it should help if you can pass this info on and get enough people doing it.

it also worked on the final of the major. but you have to get the people on the outside to spread out around the circle on the edges so that you have full covrage of the battle field as a team.

hope this helps a little and good luck

richardkrainium
12-20-2014, 04:57 PM
minor hidden PTS hint.

we did this on PTS inorder to beat the majors when there where to many people it involves the strongest hardest hiting snipers in the game and to find what i labled as the sweet spot.

so lets start with ther sweet spot. its the harder of the 2 to get.

the sweet spot is a small ring just outside or inside the ring of the miners and majors for the arkfall. its the spot where threat level dose not appear but the score for the arkfall does. once u find it you can sit in this spot and pick off enamys inside the arkfall and still gain points and scores and kills for them.

this works best in teams of 4 . if you can get them to work together that is. 3 on the outside circle out of the threat range so there not hicking it up and 1 inside the circle to set the threat range ad a steddy 2-3

spread it around Xbox and PS3 get this info out there and you should have reliable wins every time and also easyer enamys. i dont think the threat level thing was ever realy fixed. so give it a tree nad see how it works.

now the weapon.

i whent with a rad split shot. but any charge gun that has high damage on it should work just fine. when thy got close range or came at me i used a rad AR or SMG so. go with your heavyest volge hiting weapons. and you should be fine at close range.

thats all i can realy say on the subject but it should help if you can pass this info on and get enough people doing it.

it also worked on the final of the major. but you have to get the people on the outside to spread out around the circle on the edges so that you have full covrage of the battle field as a team.

hope this helps a little and good luck

hate to say it but on xbox both the weapon idea and the sit on the edge at majors will actually make things worse and give us even more fails. the tl is still the same in and out of the ring for us. plus with all the lag a charged weapon isnt very effective. also sitting on the outer ring just pulls the enemies out of the circle and makes it so they are hard to find for everyone else and some times gets them glitched depending on where your sitting

Haven
12-20-2014, 04:57 PM
I'm not enjoying these either. There's a crazy difficulty spike. I'm level 5776, and I can easily solo a minor with a threat of 3. Add one player, still fine at 4 or 5. Add a third and BOOM. Threat of 9 or 10. It doesn't matter what the other people's egos are. Usually, its less than 500.

Also, there is a three second lag for the duration of the arkfalls, that disappears once they end.

The waves are spawning either halfway through the previous wave or two at a time.

And 15 minutes is not enough to finish a major arkfall. Especially when the minors have a 20 minute timer.

And don't get me started on that Candy Cane weapon...
I do like the snowball thrower, though.

SourceOfInfinity
12-21-2014, 02:19 AM
I think each platform/console is experiencing different levels of lag, visuals, etc.

I play on PS3 and I'm usually the first and most verbal one to complain about lag and framerate issues but I honestly haven't had as much of an issue with lag on this event than I did on the last 2 special events, and not even as much of a problem as I have on regular volge sieges. The disappearance of allies also includes the absence of the obnoxiously large and obstructive explosions, BMG beams, cold fire protectiles, etc. I would take the blue beams and spanner shields over crimefighter & bloodhound spam any day though.

I also differ from a lot of people on this event and my own opinion of previous special events in that BMG healers are actually USEFUL and a few are REQUIRED for comfortable success. with the insane amount of damage we're receiving from all angles and the lack of BMG beams showing, I actually praise the healers until we have too many healers and not enough damage. That's when we start getting outnumbered, extract, then come back at them in small waves which get annihilated 1-by-1 by the massive volge army waiting for our return. If those BMG healers can prevent us from dying and running into that problem, I'm all for it.

Personally, when there are more than enough people, I run a BMG and infector like a lot of other players. I shoot a clip of my infector, let the DoT and bugs do their work while I heal and see if I'm getting much score. if I'm not getting much score (indicating that it's being taken care of by enough people), I switch back to my infector or a better damage loadout. I hang out near a spike or when I see one down I go there and drop mine ontop of it if I have a different one, or I wait for theirs to end and I drop a new one in the same place. I figure that if I can see the spikes, so can everyone else and they would probably gravitate towards it.

The disappearing visuals gives me freedom to spam my own crimefighter, BMG, sludge rockets & shrill nades freely without feeling like a jerk. The monochrome covering of enemies and ground make the shield spanner graphics not even a problem to me, either that or the sheer amount of enemies (and my subsequent weapon choices) makes me not care so much about precision targeting that the shield usually bothers me with.

richardkrainium
12-21-2014, 03:41 AM

Claydough
12-21-2014, 04:56 AM
i use my afk build for this most the time,

i equip a low heal charge tele spanner, stand in the middle and rest the remote on the mouse button.

Maddock
12-21-2014, 05:49 AM
i am at 4200 Ego , i can do these Volge fairly solo but if one or more players appear i just leave the scene and do something else.

i get my reward a while later when doing other stuff anyway.........

very stupid this SS event .... worst so far

PinJa
12-21-2014, 07:46 AM
My POV in a nutshell- Solstice is a good challenge but the servers are absolute crap. On a pc not xbox and the game locking up every two minutes in the fight, erasing all my loot and charging me 180 script to get back in the game after being forced to restart- abysmal and insulting. one word- unplayable.

otonagamer
12-21-2014, 11:51 AM
I believe Plate Slicer synergy weapon deals more than 125% damage to armor so Plate Slicer weapon is the best choice for this event. Try to equip at least one.

Minor is sometimes hard when you are only high ego with a few low ego players around then TL ramps up. you have to deal with 4 ark visceras at the same time. Use brawler stim to avoid getting knocked down and use decoy to keep visceras away when you want to replenish ammo/revive other player.

If there are a lot of people then Major is easy. but if not, it's hard. If you fail to kill Bomber fast enough then hell break loose. Target priority is Bomber>Trooper>Viscera. You have to kill Bomber immediately then kill Troopers. Viscera is least priority. Just keep running away from them.

When you shoot enemy, especially for Viscera, always try to shoot the same target the player next to you is shooting. Concentrate you and your buddies' firepower on single enemy and make sure you kill one before trying to shoot another one, especially for Viscera. Everyone has to shoot the same Viscera. Tag the target with shril/bio nade.

Always mix spikes. When someone put Ammo/Protection Spike, you should put Damage Spike near it, and vise versa. Keep using nades and spikes especially the last rush phase. But remember the priority, Bomber first, Trooper second, then Viscera.

Stay inside the circle. You have to concentrate firepower. If you scatter around, you can't have enough firepower to take down even single Trooper. Rely on spikes and always stick together. decoy is your best friend when your health is low.

Xn xN7x
12-21-2014, 12:08 PM
Why has this post not been replied to by the devs. Bumping this till we get an answer

Tura Satana
12-21-2014, 12:59 PM
I believe Plate Slicer synergy weapon deals more than 125% damage to armor so Plate Slicer weapon is the best choice for this event. Try to equip at least one.

Minor is sometimes hard when you are only high ego with a few low ego players around then TL ramps up. you have to deal with 4 ark visceras at the same time. Use brawler stim to avoid getting knocked down and use decoy to keep visceras away when you want to replenish ammo/revive other player.

If there are a lot of people then Major is easy. but if not, it's hard. If you fail to kill Bomber fast enough then hell break loose. Target priority is Bomber>Trooper>Viscera. You have to kill Bomber immediately then kill Troopers. Viscera is least priority. Just keep running away from them.

When you shoot enemy, especially for Viscera, always try to shoot the same target the player next to you is shooting. Concentrate you and your buddies' firepower on single enemy and make sure you kill one before trying to shoot another one, especially for Viscera. Everyone has to shoot the same Viscera. Tag the target with shril/bio nade.

Always mix spikes. When someone put Ammo/Protection Spike, you should put Damage Spike near it, and vise versa. Keep using nades and spikes especially the last rush phase. But remember the priority, Bomber first, Trooper second, then Viscera.

Stay inside the circle. You have to concentrate firepower. If you scatter around, you can't have enough firepower to take down even single Trooper. Rely on spikes and always stick together. decoy is your best friend when your health is low.

This is the best post I've read so far concerning strategy in handling these ark falls.

The only thing I've been questioning lately is if the troopers endlessly respawn. In that case, killing them would not be a priority.

The majors all seem to go to hell when we stop being able to see each other on either map. There is no strategy for THIS of course..

I have noticed while I got a few chances to solo minors over the last 12 hours, that the waves don't seem to end as fast if I leave troopers alive and instead focused on killing the viscera. This helps keep from wave 4 and 5 from starting too soon - thus slamming us with too many viscera at once. I dont know if this is true every time. But it seemed so the few times I tried it.

KingNephilim
12-21-2014, 01:31 PM
This is the best post I've read so far concerning strategy in handling these ark falls.

The only thing I've been questioning lately is if the troopers endlessly respawn. In that case, killing them would not be a priority.

The majors all seem to go to hell when we stop being able to see each other on either map. There is no strategy for THIS of course..

I have noticed while I got a few chances to solo minors over the last 12 hours, that the waves don't seem to end as fast if I leave troopers alive and instead focused on killing the viscera. This helps keep from wave 4 and 5 from starting too soon - thus slamming us with too many viscera at once. I dont know if this is true every time. But it seemed so the few times I tried it.

I have also noticed this with the progession of the waves. The current one will be static so long as there are still troopers about. However, once all the troopers are killed, even with two or three viscera roaming, the wave will progress. I'm pretty certain there is a set number of enemies for the minors, as soloing them will always give the same number of kills once completed (as with all minors), but I can't say for the majors.

And as for other players disappearing... you should try crossing the battlezone/red circle. All of the auto loot will be picked up & you will start seeing little pockets of people. I usually do this once there's two many red dots & I start getting swarmed. Even finding a few people to revive makes a big difference alot of the times.

Rattler20200
12-21-2014, 02:32 PM
I don't know if its been said yet, but I've noticed the occasional heavy weapon spawning in the final part of a Major fall. These tend to be holiday themed, like a sword that is a candy cane or a grenade launcher that looks like it spits out exploding snowballs, and they do amazing damage to the Volge. So I'd say keep an eye out for those as they might help thin the crowd.

HERBMANDANK
12-21-2014, 02:37 PM
I don't know if its been said yet, but I've noticed the occasional heavy weapon spawning in the final part of a Major fall. These tend to be holiday themed, like a sword that is a candy cane or a grenade launcher that looks like it spits out exploding snowballs, and they do amazing damage to the Volge. So I'd say keep an eye out for those as they might help thin the crowd.

how are yall even playing this game when I cant stay on the server for longer than three minutes???? is it just me ive posted several times and cant get a straight response im so frustrated i installed the game and was like wow this is really cool a free destiny but im about to go fork out the 40 bucks and get destiny and give my money to a company that can pay for decent servers WTFF

brokenshield
12-21-2014, 03:31 PM
how are yall even playing this game when I cant stay on the server for longer than three minutes???? is it just me ive posted several times and cant get a straight response im so frustrated i installed the game and was like wow this is really cool a free destiny but im about to go fork out the 40 bucks and get destiny and give my money to a company that can pay for decent servers WTFF

I and others, did reply too you in your other post. A bad server connection will not knock you off of XBox live. That is on your end.

Riku_Kurosaki15
12-21-2014, 03:57 PM
Also, a good strategy for the SS arkfalls that me and my best friend have been stressing in area chat for the past several days when there is an SS arkfall going on is that if you die and are down, don't sit around waiting for someone to run up and revive you. EXTRACT. It makes it easier to just pay the extraction fee and jump back into the action then someone risking Bomber fire to revive you. 9 times out of ten I've seen people down and then try to revive them only to get killed myself. I can't tell you how many times in the last couple of days that my best friend and I would see 20 downed players just crawling around at once and no one extracting to get back into the fight.

Tura Satana
12-21-2014, 04:32 PM
Also, a good strategy for the SS arkfalls that me and my best friend have been stressing in area chat for the past several days when there is an SS arkfall going on is that if you die and are down, don't sit around waiting for someone to run up and revive you. EXTRACT. It makes it easier to just pay the extraction fee and jump back into the action then someone risking Bomber fire to revive you. 9 times out of ten I've seen people down and then try to revive them only to get killed myself. I can't tell you how many times in the last couple of days that my best friend and I would see 20 downed players just crawling around at once and no one extracting to get back into the fight.

This is so true. Twenty players crawling around on the ground that could be on their way back to battle. I just extract if I see no one able to get to me in 5-10 seconds. Because yes, its a big risk to revive someone when its starts getting really hairy. And you could easily both end up dead.

And if its not necessary to extract yet, crawl to cover to make it a little easier for someone to revive you. Dont LAY in the open - making people have to needlessly expose themselves to rescue you.

I had someone pitch a fit because I didn't revive them at a minor. They said i was re.tarded for not wanting the revive bonus points. I lol'd and told them I was busy killing volge for points.

otonagamer
12-21-2014, 10:22 PM
My strategy is to kill weakest enemy first to reduce the number of enemies.

I recommend high ego players to try using brawler stim to withstand bomber missiles and viscera boomerang(with snow crystal!). I repair my armor with second bonus of firewall synergy. I use syphon weapon to regenerate my shield.

The purpose of this event is to contain Volge spawn, not just shoot anything in front of you. It's like containing infection because once overwhelmed, there's no chance to recover it. No matter how long the time left, it's game over. Trion should make this clear for everyone.

And Trion should keep close eye on failure rate and reduce number of enemy spawn accordingly with the number of players participating and overall Ego count. It's challenging and fun when you can succeed half the time. But if we keep failing, the whole event is gonna be failure like you see in this thread.

But at the same time, I don't want to see another severe nerf on Volge. So let's organize our attack with right strategy and try again!

otonagamer
12-21-2014, 10:30 PM
I have also noticed this with the progession of the waves. The current one will be static so long as there are still troopers about. However, once all the troopers are killed, even with two or three viscera roaming, the wave will progress. I'm pretty certain there is a set number of enemies for the minors, as soloing them will always give the same number of kills once completed (as with all minors), but I can't say for the majors.

And as for other players disappearing... you should try crossing the battlezone/red circle. All of the auto loot will be picked up & you will start seeing little pockets of people. I usually do this once there's two many red dots & I start getting swarmed. Even finding a few people to revive makes a big difference alot of the times.

So to keep one or two Troopers alive before kill all the viscera left and keep fighting around the edge of the circle might be a good idea.

Xn xN7x
12-21-2014, 10:53 PM
Well that only works for so long. Until everything spawning somehow works it way to you or something just randomly incaps you out of nowhere which is what happens to me nonstop. It is annoying as hell.

JadedSinn
12-21-2014, 11:19 PM
I and others, did reply too you in your other post. A bad server connection will not knock you off of XBox live. That is on your end.

he could try hard lineing his system. something tells me hes geting DCed becuse of his router or his net speed or his net connection . or something along them lines o.o maybe he needs to clean out his cash. oh well .

ig hes been helped befor . no point trying to help anymore.

brokenshield
12-22-2014, 03:54 AM
Realized to late that they don't seem overly serious about finding the true source of their issues. Much easier to blame Trion I guess.

JadedSinn
12-22-2014, 04:14 AM
Realized to late that they don't seem overly serious about finding the true source of their issues. Much easier to blame Trion I guess.

vary true. that seems to be how many people veiw it now " its not my fault its not MS fault , no no its all trions fault " the fail to understnad that patches would be released faster to fix the issues that o on with the game on console if trion didnt have to jump though hoops to get a patch released.

but hay. thats how some people want to be so i dont help people that dont take help the first time. once thy snuff there noses at help i walk away. and say. " i tryed "

brokenshield
12-22-2014, 05:00 AM
vary true. that seems to be how many people veiw it now " its not my fault its not MS fault , no no its all trions fault " the fail to understnad that patches would be released faster to fix the issues that o on with the game on console if trion didnt have to jump though hoops to get a patch released.

but hay. thats how some people want to be so i dont help people that dont take help the first time. once thy snuff there noses at help i walk away. and say. " i tryed "

Yep. I've found that too many people in this world don't really want answers, they want someone to blame. Nothing is my fault. I am not responsible for the predicament I find myself in.

I've spent many years watching MicroShaft become the monster it is today. I can semi understand their position when dealing with a normal game, but Defiance is an MMO. With the parameters and built in problems of such an attempt, Trion should be given more leeway.

As I am off topic and don't want to prevent this wonderful "I Hate the Solstice Strikes" thread from continuing it's journey to self destruction, I will conclude with this. I am having a blast with this event. I am in groups that fail almost as often as they succeed. They are tough, but not so tough that even without the organization that a WM requires (have yet to complete even one), they can be beaten with shear numbers. Plus I get a reward for doing so each day, not to mention the even better chance at something nice for doing the weekly. All in all I am very pleased with what they have attempted with this event and can live with the issues I have experienced so far.

After all it is just a game. Win, lose or draw, at the end of the day, it isn't going to change my life one iota.

JadedSinn
12-22-2014, 05:08 AM
Yep. I've found that too many people in this world don't really want answers, they want someone to blame. Nothing is my fault. I am not responsible for the predicament I find myself in.

I've spent many years watching MicroShaft become the monster it is today. I can semi understand their position when dealing with a normal game, but Defiance is an MMO. With the parameters and built in problems of such an attempt, Trion should be given more leeway.

As I am off topic and don't want to prevent this wonderful "I Hate the Solstice Strikes" thread from continuing it's journey to self destruction, I will conclude with this. I am having a blast with this event. I am in groups that fail almost as often as they succeed. They are tough, but not so tough that even without the organization that a WM requires (have yet to complete even one), they can be beaten with shear numbers. Plus I get a reward for doing so each day, not to mention the even better chance at something nice for doing the weekly. All in all I am very pleased with what they have attempted with this event and can live with the issues I have experienced so far.

After all it is just a game. Win, lose or draw, at the end of the day, it isn't going to change my life one iota.

but the game does change your life ! :) it makes you smile when you acheve something you have worked hard at for weeks ( or years )) you meet strange new people some good some bad some just... there...

you make friends and enamys. you feel hate . love. pain. and all other feelings in between (( atleast once some more )) and you spend time each day enjoying all of this :) so if you think about it. this game has changed your life in some way :)

back on topic.

solstice strike. its fun . its long. i spend more time enjoying a dance with friends then doing the event.

why is this ? mmmmm no ones gotten the weapon i want and im not geting it eather so i show up to shoot a few enamys make a score and wait for it to end. i cant help in the battle due to well. lack of volge destruction type weapons (( i have pplanty of guns just not ones i feel are going to help much )) and the lag i have due to my own PCs short comeins makes it hard to hunt enamys when some dont spawn and when everything dies befor i can fire on them. so. i dance.

and enjoy danceing

oh and i watch TV while i dance. intaresting things in the news thes days.

richardkrainium
12-22-2014, 05:08 AM
now if the problems actually home side and not programming, then explain how when a major final starts the entire phase lags. this hasnt been happening at incursions or other arkfalls with roughly the same number of ppl present. and as soon as the fog (on xbox) lifts and the major is over , everything goes back to normal. there is some graphics program running that isnt working properly and it is tying up resources. we shouldnt have to dashboard and clear our cache after every event. and sometimes even that doesnt work.

something else ive noticed...excessive use of bug guns cause more problems then 4 bmg users. each bug takes up resources and when theres 50 of them running around...need i say more. we had this happen before back in the early days of kenn farm incursions when ppl were spawning bugs off vehicles. everything disappeared and was real laggy, granted the small forest of lag/damage spikes didnt help. graphics need to be tuned down on those aswell

brokenshield
12-22-2014, 05:54 AM
now if the problems actually home side and not programming, then explain how when a major final starts the entire phase lags. this hasnt been happening at incursions or other arkfalls with roughly the same number of ppl present. and as soon as the fog (on xbox) lifts and the major is over , everything goes back to normal. there is some graphics program running that isnt working properly and it is tying up resources. we shouldnt have to dashboard and clear our cache after every event. and sometimes even that doesnt work.

something else ive noticed...excessive use of bug guns cause more problems then 4 bmg users. each bug takes up resources and when theres 50 of them running around...need i say more. we had this happen before back in the early days of kenn farm incursions when ppl were spawning bugs off vehicles. everything disappeared and was real laggy, granted the small forest of lag/damage spikes didnt help. graphics need to be tuned down on those aswell

In this particular instance, I(we) was not refering to the events in genera. I(we) was refering to a particular individual with a particular problem.

I admit the events have issues. I have seen plenty. I play at most 2 hours most days and have still managed to just complete my weekly as of a few minutes ago. Some falls have tremendous issues. This one, for whatever reason had very few. I lose, I win, I keep playing.

All I'm saying is that there is a huge difference between constructive criticism, and alot of what is put forth in these threads.

edit: Just for the record, I've never been forced to dashboard and have only tried clearing my cache once. I do agree with the graphics tone down. Might help considerably with all this.

otonagamer
12-22-2014, 10:27 AM
Don't sit edge or outside of circle. What you have to do is to reduce Volge's number as fast as you can. Then you don't feel much lag. But if you sit outside and wait, Volge spawn freely inside circle and their number goes up by a dozen. Then lag and invisible glitch become crazy. Edge sitting is bad strategy after all.

Each minor arkfall can take nearly 10 min if people gathered and TL went to 10. We have only 20 min so we can fail before reaching final phase. Low Ego players can stick together but high Ego players should scatter around and do minors solo really quick while it stays TL 3.

Graywolfe
12-22-2014, 11:18 AM

I have experienced some really bad lag times once in awhile, mostly at big events. I thought for sure it must have been on their end cause my PC, a gaming rig i built myself, can handle any game out there. After running some tests and talking with Phantasie about it i discovered it was my ISP. This i believe is a source of lag for more people than just me. The bad thing is that there is not much you can do about unless you are able to upgrade your service or switch to a better carrier.

Tex_Arcana
12-22-2014, 12:08 PM
I have experienced some really bad lag times once in awhile, mostly at big events. I thought for sure it must have been on their end cause my PC, a gaming rig i built myself, can handle any game out there. After running some tests and talking with Phantasie about it i discovered it was my ISP. This i believe is a source of lag for more people than just me. The bad thing is that there is not much you can do about unless you are able to upgrade your service or switch to a better carrier.
In my area (Vancouver, BC) the market has had to improve their response to customer demands in order to retain them.
When we switched to DSL this last time (from crappy cable), I noticed my response from both this and another game I play (that rhymes with Whirled of Spanks) was not great.
So I ran a ping test (Free online resource! Awesome!) and found the signal was jumping from a low of 30 to over 600 (arg).
I phoned tech support at our ISP, and within 2 hours everything was running like silk, Anna Silk...oops thinking of Lost Girl again. I'm so OCD.
http://www.cceditors.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/lostgirl-3.jpg

Graywolfe
12-22-2014, 12:49 PM
I wish it was that easy for me. Unfortunately i have only 2 options for ISP here and i am using the better of the 2. They tell me that during peak hours they have to restrict the bandwidth so that everyone gets the same speed no matter what kind of system they have. They were unable to explain to me why the speed did not go up at off peak hours however. I will be so happy when the phone company gets the speed lines run out here and i can switch to DSL. Until then i will make do with what i have, it will not stop me from enjoying the game and do the events.

Mudturtle Jones
12-22-2014, 05:13 PM
Back on the topic of which synergies are best for this event. I've been thinking that a Plate Slicer weapon with Electric nano would work great but I don't have one. Do they even exist? I use a Plate Slicer Incinerator and a electric Scavenger Votan Blast Rifle, the only AR I have with electricity.

Tex_Arcana
12-22-2014, 05:38 PM
Back on the topic of which synergies are best for this event. I've been thinking that a Plate Slicer weapon with Electric nano would work great but I don't have one. Do they even exist? I use a Plate Slicer Incinerator and a electric Scavenger Votan Blast Rifle, the only AR I have with electricity.
I'm running a Plate Slicer Rad Disruptor, and a Volge Thunderer Pistol with Bio.
Electric works good on shields; but it suffers after shield is gone.
I've also found the Perforator (Fire) does a good job on shielded due to it's damage output. Having the Perk that helps fire against shields also aids it.
A Plate Slicer Incinerator is good for touching lots of enemies for sure: I have a GL-X that I love.
But AOE is not as ideal as solid single target in this event imo...

Mudturtle Jones
12-22-2014, 06:14 PM
I'm running a Plate Slicer Rad Disruptor, and a Volge Thunderer Pistol with Bio.
Electric works good on shields; but it suffers after shield is gone.
I've also found the Perforator (Fire) does a good job on shielded due to it's damage output. Having the Perk that helps fire against shields also aids it.
A Plate Slicer Incinerator is good for touching lots of enemies for sure: I have a GL-X that I love.
But AOE is not as ideal as solid single target in this event imo...

I've been watching the effects and the Plate Slicer Incinerator does a good job of stripping the armor off. I use the Blast Rifle on the shields, then go back to the fire. The biggest problem with the detonator is that it hits multiple enemies and they all agro on me which means I spend a lot of time running away but also gets them to group up which makes the gun more effective. I placed first in one SS with this loadout even though I got discoed twice and had to extract once during it.

Xn xN7x
12-23-2014, 02:30 AM
well I dunno if trion did something to the arkfalls but the drop rate has gotten better. about time

crazyged
12-23-2014, 02:37 AM
I'm using a pulser with plate slicer siphon - seems to do the job fairly efficiently.

PTR47
12-23-2014, 02:46 AM

Ele PS guns do exist. I grabbed an AR off an old clanmate earlier this evening for a chunk of scrip.

They work well here. Kinda starts feeling like T7 or 8 as opposed to T10. I'm running ele PS AR and Partridge now.

Xn xN7x
12-25-2014, 02:17 AM
I am beginning to think that the Devs or moderators on this forum arnt very business skilled. they never reply to anyone's customer support tickets. Nor do they reply to forum post that is important. So leads me to believe from this that they really dont care what the fans think as long as there getting money from people. I mean there are even people spamming the hell out of the General Discussion Thread with useless crap no one cares about. And there allowed to do so. This isnt very good for Defiance cause it shows the developers and crew that run this game arnt serious about there work. This solstice event has been a problem since day 1 and there have been multiple complaints about it from 100s of people and still nothing has been fixed that needed to be fixed. It really sucks to this game is amazing. I think they should sale it to a more professional company.

Jeff Lonestar
12-25-2014, 02:47 AM
I'm using a pulser with plate slicer siphon - seems to do the job fairly efficiently.

Me too OJ Tachmag pulser with plate slicer but with Rad Nano, 25 firerate / -10.0 recoil Drops Volge like Flies! Its Become my Favorite gun as of late, since the Solstice Strike Event started :cool:

Smilingdeath
12-25-2014, 03:16 AM
Finally received a named weapon from the event. The pursuit finally said I had finished 5 major. I was averaging 2-3 events per day, until today. Now the spawn on the majors seems to have been decreased.

But at least I received a killer sniper rifle. 2 crit bonuses and an OJ damage bonus on it.

SCAVENGER1
12-25-2014, 03:44 AM
well I dunno if trion did something to the arkfalls but the drop rate has gotten better. about time
i have read that they did this but the big question is... how can see anything on the ground anyways? it is very hard to see anything on the ground when everything is bleached white !! most i do find if i can see it is green crap. i average about 4 green item per event arkfalls and what ever i get at the end. since this event phases way more then the hulker/turkey event combined!! not even bringing up the visceras boomeranging back and worth and at 1 end they go under ground then at the other end they are 3 stories high!! and here i thought the turkey even was bad, this event has top that and then some. i cant wait for it to end!!

Xn xN7x
12-25-2014, 05:24 PM
Im totally flattered that no mod or dev has replied to this post. Like seriously are they on vacation or went camping somewhere? lol
We need to get somewhere here. Like really!

Niner82
12-25-2014, 07:14 PM
It's frustrating when your doing one, and everybody dissappear and all Volge target you like nobody else is around. Seriously I did like 3 last night and failed all because of lag issues. I second being glad when it's over. Kinda hard to do Defiant few contract if you can't pass arkfalls.

Midnight
12-25-2014, 07:21 PM
Im totally flattered that no mod or dev has replied to this post. Like seriously are they on vacation or went camping somewhere? lol
We need to get somewhere here. Like really!

I'm pretty sure you're not getting any responses in this thread because of the title. There's been some good discussion on problems and tactics in here, but the thread title reads like it was written by a ten year old. If someone told me something I worked hard on for who knows how long was crap, I would probably ignore them too. Guy who started this thing has 1 post. They tend to respond to threads with more specific titles.

Cirran
12-25-2014, 07:51 PM
When the event first started I could get into a major solstice strike arfall pretty easy. In fact I could run all five of my characters and get one major with in 2 1/2 hours for all of them. Now the rate seems to have been toned down. Last two days it has been any where from 3 to 3 3/4 of an hour spawn rate. I made a point yesterday to keep the map as clear as possible, I responded to every arcfall and siege I saw on the map and it still took 3 1/2 to 3 3/4 of an hour to spawn a major. Is this working as intended?

Cirran

lokiscamaro
12-25-2014, 07:53 PM
Don't sit edge or outside of circle. What you have to do is to reduce Volge's number as fast as you can. Then you don't feel much lag. But if you sit outside and wait, Volge spawn freely inside circle and their number goes up by a dozen. Then lag and invisible glitch become crazy. Edge sitting is bad strategy after all.

Each minor arkfall can take nearly 10 min if people gathered and TL went to 10. We have only 20 min so we can fail before reaching final phase. Low Ego players can stick together but high Ego players should scatter around and do minors solo really quick while it stays TL 3.

+rep that shtakko...my theory is just, kill em all.