PDA

View Full Version : Community Q&A: December 19

CM Kiwibird
12-19-2014, 09:25 PM
Happy Holidays, ark hunters! You’ve asked, we’re answering. We’re back with another action packed Defiance Dev Q&A.

http://i.imgur.com/oAryVqi.gif

Instances mentioned in expansion announcement, will they allow more than 4 players?

They will be designed for four players. The system is expandable to larger groups, but we’re building our environments to work for groups of four players for our initial Expedition release.
Are there plans to see more world effects such as lighting, razor rain, or deadly meteorite ark debris?

Not currently. We’re focused on the Alcatraz content.
Will we see more Ark Falls that we can go into in the future, and is it to far out to think that they can one day be randomly generated?

We are developing additional arkbreak interiors as we speak. These new arkbreaks will be used in future arkfalls and expeditions.
What inventory improvements are planned?

We have a few inventory changes in the works.

1. (Complete) Salvage Matrix access from Inventory – access all salvage matrix actions directly from the inventory screen.
2. (In Progress) Synergy labels and icons in Inventory – Appending synergy names to the items which have them as well as an icon to indicate whether that synergy is a loadout synergy or a mod synergy.
3. (Not Started) Tabbed Inventory menu – Adds tabs for different kinds of items based on weapon type, shields, consumables, etc.

Will HD textures be added for PC in the future?

HD textures are still on the back burner.
Can you tell us more about what we can expect from the Alcatraz update?

Trick and Scapes discussed Alcatraz on the Livestream today, and we will reveal more information in future blog posts and livestreams.
Could we get an update on the future of Caeruleum Cores and other currencies?

We will continue to have these currencies. We are adding a new currency, the Hunter Requisition, in the Alcatraz update. Hunter Reqs will be used to access Expedition content.
Could you implement a "killing bonus system"? For example, every time you kill 1000 enemies of a particular kind, you'd gain a 1% damage bonus against them that would have a fixed percentage limit.

Definitely possible, but not in our plans at the moment.
Will any Defiance merchandise be available in the future?

Trion Worlds doesn’t directly sell Defiance merchandise, however be on the lookout for merchandise becoming available from 3rd parties when the next season of the TV shows kicks off.
Would it be possible to implement weekly or monthly code hunts? Something that would not hurt game economics and would bring back the thrill of discovery would be ideal.

We are adding hidden ark chests and golden skitterlings around the world for the Alcatraz update. These will encourage exploration into the harder to reach places of the world.
Will we see a boost to core drops in the future?

Not likely. Caeruleum Core drops are designed to unlock access to top-tier weapons on a very specific schedule, and we’re in no hurry to accelerate that process.
Will there be any new competitive/shadow war maps added?

We are not currently developing additional competitive content.
Can we see Emergencies spawn in groups together? Why are they so far apart?

Since emergencies have such varying enemy populations, they are spawned far apart so that they will not enter combat with one another.

JadedSinn
12-19-2014, 09:36 PM
thanks kiwi like allways vary insightfull.

still wish that we could get more cores. its so slow grinding out the 60 needed per weapon.

konstantinov
12-19-2014, 09:51 PM
3. (Not Started) Tabbed Inventory menu – Adds tabs for different kinds of items based on weapon type, shields, consumables, etc.

All I needed to hear.

Nefarious
12-19-2014, 10:02 PM

Since emergencies have such varying enemy populations, they are spawned far apart so that they will not enter combat with one another.

lol but that's the point to have some of them to be close to one another. It would be cool. Everything in the game is Ark Hunter vs This or That. But This or That never end up fighting each other. For all the factions fighting in the Bay Area with their own agenda it sure is weird that they have some kind of 'secret pact' to not fight.

A lot of Emergencies get passed on by players and it would be cool every so often to just to be driving by and seeing other factions fight each other in areas pending. It would make the world feel more alive. And as players we love seeing AI fight each other and the missions that have that like Project Aegis part 3 are some of the most thrilling. I remember players (including myself) posting on the forums on how there is this huge battle between Raiders and Hellbugs and a Hulker and Monarch fight it out, and it was awesome to everyone.

DSW
12-19-2014, 10:07 PM

We will continue to have these currencies. We are adding a new currency, the Hunter Requisition, in the Alcatraz update. Hunter Reqs will be used to access Expedition content.

so any chances (or something more specific) of getting Ark Salvage some use? right now iit has no use after you get to ego level where all 4 mod slots are open by default.

speaking of enemies and combat. please, please add some real damage to NPC's guns in NvE combats. i think its not just me who got tired of seeing echelon or e-rep guys trying to kill one stupid TL1-3 skitterling for hours.

hype
12-20-2014, 01:21 AM
Next time how about getting a answer regarding the PS3 trophy dlc bug. For all us mugs who paid extra for it

Markeen
12-20-2014, 02:36 AM
I still wish co op could be started with just 2 people. The gf and I are always stuck waiting forever to finish contracts that involve co ops because no one wants to join. PS3

hardy83
12-20-2014, 09:56 AM

Shocked! Shocked I say!
Well, not that shocked. Not shocked at all.

Don't know how hard it is to put in the textures you already have, but I really don't understand why this hasn't been done already.
This game already looked dated when it was released, giving players the option to make it look a little better should be a higher priority.

Tura Satana
12-20-2014, 11:23 AM
lol but that's the point to have some of them to be close to one another. It would be cool. Everything in the game is Ark Hunter vs This or That. But This or That never end up fighting each other. For all the factions fighting in the Bay Area with their own agenda it sure is weird that they have some kind of 'secret pact' to not fight.

A lot of Emergencies get passed on by players and it would be cool every so often to just to be driving by and seeing other factions fight each other in areas pending. It would make the world feel more alive. And as players we love seeing AI fight each other and the missions that have that like Project Aegis part 3 are some of the most thrilling. I remember players (including myself) posting on the forums on how there is this huge battle between Raiders and Hellbugs and a Hulker and Monarch fight it out, and it was awesome to everyone.

This randomly happens sometimes. Usually it'll be dark matter fighting the grid in silicon or San Francisco. But I have stumbled upon numerous enemy factions duking it out, and I do have to say it is quite exciting. I think having the emergencies too close together though would be too chaotic. Ever exit an arkbreak to have an emergency already in progress where you spawn? Kind of annoying in my opinion.

konstantinov
12-20-2014, 03:23 PM
This randomly happens sometimes. Usually it'll be dark matter fighting the grid in silicon or San Francisco. But I have stumbled upon numerous enemy factions duking it out, and I do have to say it is quite exciting. I think having the emergencies too close together though would be too chaotic. Ever exit an arkbreak to have an emergency already in progress where you spawn? Kind of annoying in my opinion.

There are emergencies where enemies are fighting each other. Ie: Turf War (there are others I just can't remember them)

DEATHBRINGER210
12-20-2014, 03:24 PM
i did a minor ss where the grid where fighting volge right next to each other in sv

Mister Derpenhowser
12-21-2014, 10:19 AM
Didn't even answer my question. Thanks, much appreciated.

Atticus Batman
12-21-2014, 06:58 PM
i did a minor ss where the grid where fighting volge right next to each other in sv

I did a minor SS last night near Last chance. The mission Hulker (near Seascapes farm) was out, fighting hellbugs and raiders and somebody kited some Viscera down to him. I watched The Hulker and an Ark Viscera, kill each other at the same time. I was great!

TsunamicGore887
12-23-2014, 01:39 AM
Happy Holidays, ark hunters! You’ve asked, we’re answering. We’re back with another action packed Defiance Dev Q&A.

http://i.imgur.com/oAryVqi.gif

Instances mentioned in expansion announcement, will they allow more than 4 players?

They will be designed for four players. The system is expandable to larger groups, but we’re building our environments to work for groups of four players for our initial Expedition release.
Are there plans to see more world effects such as lighting, razor rain, or deadly meteorite ark debris?

Not currently. We’re focused on the Alcatraz content.
Will we see more Ark Falls that we can go into in the future, and is it to far out to think that they can one day be randomly generated?

We are developing additional arkbreak interiors as we speak. These new arkbreaks will be used in future arkfalls and expeditions.
What inventory improvements are planned?

We have a few inventory changes in the works.

1. (Complete) Salvage Matrix access from Inventory – access all salvage matrix actions directly from the inventory screen.
2. (In Progress) Synergy labels and icons in Inventory – Appending synergy names to the items which have them as well as an icon to indicate whether that synergy is a loadout synergy or a mod synergy.

Can you tell us more about what we can expect from the Alcatraz update?

Trick and Scapes discussed Alcatraz on the Livestream today, and we will reveal more information in future blog posts and livestreams.

Could you implement a "killing bonus system"? For example, every time you kill 1000 enemies of a particular kind, you'd gain a 1% damage bonus against them that would have a fixed percentage limit.

Definitely possible, but not in our plans at the moment.
Will any Defiance merchandise be available in the future?

Trion Worlds doesn’t directly sell Defiance merchandise, however be on the lookout for merchandise becoming available from 3rd parties when the next season of the TV shows kicks off.
Would it be possible to implement weekly or monthly code hunts? Something that would not hurt game economics and would bring back the thrill of discovery would be ideal.

We are adding hidden ark chests and golden skitterlings around the world for the Alcatraz update. These will encourage exploration into the harder to reach places of the world.
Will we see a boost to core drops in the future?

Not likely. Caeruleum Core drops are designed to unlock access to top-tier weapons on a very specific schedule, and we’re in no hurry to accelerate that process.
Will there be any new competitive/shadow war maps added?

We are not currently developing additional competitive content.

I was wondering what the probability was that there would come to be a player generated market such as a bazaar or something or an item you can buy that let's you place a shop (tent, truck, etc...) that can be activated where ever until when ever you get done with a finite number of whatever you found, basing the finite number of items available (how many total items available and unsold at any one time)on the stats, rarity, etc... of said "*Shop Item", sold at your choice of price in your choice of currency, Instead/optional for buyer to offer trade.

konstantinov
12-23-2014, 03:38 AM
I was wondering what the probability was that there would come to be a player generated market such as a bazaar or something or an item you can buy that let's you place a shop (tent, truck, etc...) that can be activated where ever until when ever you get done with a finite number of whatever you found, basing the finite number of items available (how many total items available and unsold at any one time)on the stats, rarity, etc... of said "*Shop Item", sold at your choice of price in your choice of currency, Instead/optional for buyer to offer trade.

They are less likely to implement something like this due to the fact that people would sell things for real money. Plus you'd have scrip farmers galore.

Note: Look at how D3's economy was on pc when they had a auction house.

NightmareAlonzo
12-23-2014, 05:27 PM
Need more vehicles, need more visual features, new more free clothing at shops for free players, expanding areas on the map , but all of that is not important?
you guys serious?

konstantinov
12-23-2014, 09:44 PM
Need more vehicles, need more visual features, new more free clothing at shops for free players, expanding areas on the map , but all of that is not important?
you guys serious?

The game is free now and that's not good enough?

For shame.

Markeen
12-24-2014, 11:18 AM
So will the future arkbreaks be specific to arkbreaker dlc or will they be like the end of season 2 content?

Lunch Box
12-24-2014, 10:37 PM
Have you seen the new posts lately Kiwi? Nothing but spam. Didn't know where else to draw attention.